Sign in to follow this  
realKingLeonidas

Mount Abuse

Remove it or not  

68 members have voted

1. 1. Remove it or not

• Yes,remove it on combat
    • Dont remove it on combat

Hello to all.Without any drama or anything similar to that i go straight to the subject.I dont care how it is on off but this thing losts all the fun that we used to have on l2.Customize it for non-combat use and when you go on combat to remove its effect.This is my suggestion.

Edited by realKingLeonidas

The other day a ESummoner sent the pony from the other side of the map, and we go for them.. he use mount and run, run and run.. wtf and pony hitting! This is a sh*** ! remove mount in combat ! +10

• Like 1

@ProGressive How is your full ES cp going? Cant wait how ppl will cry about summoners when whole party will be on mounts while 4 ponys smash enemies with AoE :)

ps: If you kill pony, summoner needs to dismount to summon new one.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Myrtan said:

@San0 Where is my strider?

Man give me anything.  I would like to have any old l2 pet :D
Add few small functions to them like remove poison or something. Most important thing is they are useful to carry stuff.

31 minutes ago, Reaper said:

@ProGressive How is your full ES cp going? Cant wait how ppl will cry about summoners when whole party will be on mounts while 4 ponys smash enemies with AoE :)

ps: If you kill pony, summoner needs to dismount to summon new one.

Im playing in CP now with mellee as support(BD/EE) and probably will play support till server die. Dothraki CP aborted atm :) And still impossible to find supports who want to play in normal party and im not even speaking about summoners... :P

I hope china will group ES in one party for assist, they have a lot of ponies 77 already, but... Low organisation between... "rmt" ppl.

Damn so skillfull :D Press summon attack and afk 5 screens away from the actual fight :P

I'm starting to miss good old c3-c4 :<

Edited by FinalFen

@San0 we don't want this server to be 100% like official, we want it to be better. If you change something which failed on offi like these mounts used on combat or dagger mastery trigger. More people will want to play here rather than official. Make things as the majority wants.

• Like 1

Eventho this mount system is totally retarded and broken beyond limits... i voted for dont... Im simply not a big fan of custom changes with experiences we have from past...

2 hours ago, FinalFen said:

Damn so skillfull :D Press summon attack and afk 5 screens away from the actual fight :P

I'm starting to miss good old c3-c4 :<

Except the thing that if target is big range away from you, the summon always tries to come back, so you have to spam attack all the time just to move it by bits. Also removing mounts wont change single thing on how they pvp, they will still send their summons 5 screens away from you, he will still spam these skills from 9k range to you, but only thing which will change that eventually after 5 mins of chasing him since your character has 10 more speed than him and you catch him, he will just relog. And then what will you do? Clueless ppl playing this game.

15 minutes ago, Reaper said:

Except the thing that if target is big range away from you, the summon always tries to come back, so you have to spam attack all the time just to move it by bits. Also removing mounts wont change single thing on how they pvp, they will still send their summons 5 screens away from you, he will still spam these skills from 9k range to you, but only thing which will change that eventually after 5 mins of chasing him since your character has 10 more speed than him and you catch him, he will just relog. And then what will you do? Clueless ppl playing this game.

Ye, GL for summoner to run from gladi, tyr, archer, dagger etc. use brain. Not removing mounts, just not allowing to use them when flagged and then circus will end. 9_9

Edited by Myrtan

Just now, Myrtan said:

Ye, GL for summoner to run from gladi, tyr, archer, dagger etc. :) Use brain. Not removing mounts, just not allowing to use them when flagged and then circus will end. :)

As i said, those chars have higher speed, and? You still cannot chase 9k range in 10s, especially if he starts to run away at same time, he will still manage to make 3-4 pony AoEs on you and you will still cry, once you are at 2k range, he will simply unsummon pet and relog before you reach 600 range for any of the attacks these classes can make, what then? Use your brain.

7 minutes ago, Reaper said:

As i said, those chars have higher speed, and? You still cannot chase 9k range in 10s, especially if he starts to run away at same time, he will still manage to make 3-4 pony AoEs on you and you will still cry, once you are at 2k range, he will simply unsummon pet and relog before you reach 600 range for any of the attacks these classes can make, what then? Use your brain.

Even if he manage run without mount and relog he will not be able to keep kiting you with his pet. But I doubt he can run from duelist with sonic move when he is on flag. So the whole point is they use summon to attack and running on their mounts, when other classes are fighting can't use fcking mounts at the time, so no one can catch summoner.

Edited by Myrtan

..."L2 Classic"...with:
- mounts
- mounts + summons 77 with retarded resistance to debuffs
- UD/immunity talismans out of oly
- fear/stun locks

I don't know who these ppl are that asked things to be just like official but I hope they gtfo my server.
What's next? Mana potions? Zariche?

@Reaper lets shift the conversation a bit and instead of everyone trying to convince you that mounts are bad, you go ahead and throw some arguments to why you think PvP on mounts is ok and should stay as it isd now. Maybe you will convince us with solid arguments and prevent 20 extra "omigi m0nt sAx, dilete pliz" threads that will most likely happen during this weekend :)

Edited by FinalFen

1 hour ago, FinalFen said:

@Reaper lets shift the conversation a bit and instead of everyone trying to convince you that mounts are bad, you go ahead and throw some arguments to why you think PvP on mounts is ok and should stay as it isd now. Maybe you will convince us with solid arguments and prevent 20 extra "omigi m0nt sAx, dilete pliz" threads that will most likely happen during this weekend :)

I gave this answer in other topic:

What i can tell you is no matter what i say, this 20 extra "omigi m0nt sAx, dilete pliz" people wont get persuaded, because they have zero experience with 2.0 and future updates. Its same as when people were saying summoners will be useless when there was discussion to remove custom party pets, and here you are, 3 weeks later those same people are crying they are OP, they can use mounts while using skills with pets, that they can attack you from range they barely can even see you, that their pets have incredible resistance to debuffs, that cubics are OP and should flag if they proc on you, etc. etc.

Only thing i can say is that people are stuck in 1.5 and they simply cannot adapt to new changes and new playstyles which 2.0 provides.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

I can say that ppl should not adapt to brain-dead staff of NCsoft balance department.

I can say that it's obviously made to make more $ with moving OP from 1 classes to anothers with each update.
I can say that seeing "a great sense" in the place where it is obviously just a $ greed or stupidity - is stupidity itself.

I can say to @San0 - please stop be afraid to send "like on offi" retards to offi servers. And panic ppl "u can broke the balance" you can send the same direction.

You can do it better - why to keep the broken things here then? You didnt make custom changes to PRs and what do we see last 6-8 month on the server? Only PRs in archers pt + several HE\SR left only to contest for heroes.

• Like 4

Totally agree. Customization is one of this server strongest sides. There are much bullshit on official

• Like 1

OMFG I found someone who believes just like me that custom modifications are a cure to the cancer of this game ! I can die happy now

Seriously DEVs you should customise stuff without insisting on announcing it to everyone on the world. Make a balancing thread regarding a particular issue, ask for opinions, if there won't be hords of raging lemmings nuking the thread down, approve it, implement, done, issue fix. It was discussed with community, announced (although not posted with font 291709173 on the main website), your PR work is done, noone should feel liad to. If someone is very interested in a particular custom change he will dig into the forum and find it, but 99% of people (including me) who have no clue how OFFI L2 classic "should work" won't even notice/identify the difference.

Gawd it pains me so badly whenever I think even for a swift moment how great this game could be if someone had the balls to do sth about it. I mean outside of fun mass PvP concept, these chronicles are crap. PvP is repetitive boredom based around being 3+ levels higher and stun/fear locking people. 

Ok sry I might have gone a bit too far with it :f

Anyways @Reaper this is what you said:

16 hours ago, Reaper said:

Benefit of mounts? Faster movement to get on your farming spot, faster checking for enemies on big landscape spots, possible to get some time for regroup once you see enemies comming for you and you have train on yourself (so you run little further to lose mobs and you can pvp), etc. etc.

Faster movement to get on your farming spot - AGREED

Fster checking for enemies on big landscape spots - AGREED

Possible to get some time for regroup once you see enemies comming for you - a bit iffy but could AGREE to this one too

Ok so if these are your arguments you should be ok with change like i.e. auto-dismount upon being attacked (Debuffed or damaged). It doesn't affect the benefits of mounts that you appreciate while satisfying some of expectations that plenty of people have regarding mounts PvP being bad for the gameplay.

I just want to finish my wall-of-text post by sharing very wise thought which I read on some classic forum (quite recently):

"People should stop believing/telling themselves that every bug and/or balance flaw made by koreans on official servers is a planned and intended feature"

Edited by FinalFen