Kse

New comers attraction "Discussion"

I believe The whole concept to bring new poeple is to make a good big advertise on server with a very nice event with a  good pvp video at the early of september with some kind of sp/xp bonus cakes.cookies.pasta w/e xD for the newbie who join server and have share/like video :D (Go makea post on maxcheater.com forum too )

I don't like the herb idea. Its one of the benefits of playing summoner. You can solo. If there are herbs in the game, our advantage is ruined, plus we still don't have beast shots yet. 

Give them anything else, idc. First / second class change. Free d grade. Exp bonuses. 50+ buff scrolls. Etc.

Herbs will devalue summoners a lot. 

Honestly remove the pk scrolls and add in the sin-eater quest. I see this server has made a lot of good new changes from the original Innova EU classic (removed d-grade lvl 25 moon armor quest, changed vr to be non-proc) I don't understand why you haven't removed the pk scrolls yet, they were not part of classic nor are they balanced. Removed them removed them removed them.

• Like 3

I believe The whole concept to bring new poeple is to make a good big advertise on server with a very nice event with a  good pvp video at the early of september with some kind of sp/xp bonus cakes.cookies.pasta or coupon for shadow d weap for the newbie who join server and have share video/like facebook page (This will not change the game syle of server or economy.thats for qq'ers)  :D 
ps Go makea post on maxcheater.com forum too 

I don't like the herb idea. Its one of the benefits of playing summoner. You can solo. If there are herbs in the game, our advantage is ruined, plus we still don't have beast shots yet. 

Give them anything else, idc. First / second class change. Free d grade. Exp bonuses. 50+ buff scrolls. Etc.

​that's exactly why new people are not staying around here: 'cause they can't solo properly. at least not without a box( that wouldn't be "solo" anymore actually ). and since almost everyone nowdays is running around with a high level boxed buffer, good luck finding an active buffer at pre-40 levels. 

the fact that summonners are currently the only class that can manage to solo properly doesn't mean that other classes have to be always forced to waste time just to recover some hp or mp.

thinking only about a single class is quite egoistic and surely not fair towards the other classes, especially because with or without herbs it wouldn't change a thing for summonners since they would still be able to solo exp regardless of having herbs or not, while on the other side it would help a lot the other classes, especially new people that are starting from 0 and want to catch up fast.

ever tried leveling up a character to 20 with no gear and buffs? anyone that did it knows that after hitting 14 you have to waste hours sitting on ground just to recover hp or mp, and if you don't even have a top NG weapon, it takes triple of that time. is it fun? hell fucking no. and it gets even worse after 20.

beside, it's already been explained before that shots have not been implemented yet due to damage similar to people in A grade. there's a reason why they were not added until 2.0, and they have nothing to do with herbs since they're two entirely different game mechanics, so it's pointless to bring them into a discussion about hp/mp regen.

anyhow, giving out free gear is pointless if people can't manage to lv up properly by themself. it's already happening with NG gear, so it won't change with higher grades for sure.

A good idea in my opinion it would be good not only for new members , but also for old players !

would shoot PK scroll , add the quest to take PK !

Sell ​​cakes that give + 50 % SP or XP solo or party!

Sell ​​items with + 50 % Drop rate ( DropAdena / DropItens )

Sorry about the English ( Google Translate ) srsrsrs

​that's exactly why new people are not staying around here: 'cause they can't solo properly. at least not without a box( that wouldn't be "solo" anymore actually ). and since almost everyone nowdays is running around with a high level boxed buffer, good luck finding an active buffer at pre-40 levels. 

the fact that summonners are currently the only class that can manage to solo properly doesn't mean that other classes have to be always forced to waste time just to recover some hp or mp.

thinking only about a single class is quite egoistic and surely not fair towards the other classes, especially because with or without herbs it wouldn't change a thing for summonners since they would still be able to solo exp regardless of having herbs or not, while on the other side it would help a lot the other classes, especially new people that are starting from 0 and want to catch up fast.

ever tried leveling up a character to 20 with no gear and buffs? anyone that did it knows that after hitting 14 you have to waste hours sitting on ground just to recover hp or mp, and if you don't even have a top NG weapon, it takes triple of that time. is it fun? hell fucking no. and it gets even worse after 20.

beside, it's already been explained before that shots have not been implemented yet due to damage similar to people in A grade. there's a reason why they were not added until 2.0, and they have nothing to do with herbs since they're two entirely different game mechanics, so it's pointless to bring them into a discussion about hp/mp regen.

anyhow, giving out free gear is pointless if people can't manage to lv up properly by themself. it's already happening with NG gear, so it won't change with higher grades for sure.

​Well pre-40 u can solo on pretty much any class.

Its just a means of accelerating the process by giving them free d grade gear. 

I solod as a phantom summoner level 1-56 on 1.0 patch so, I know what its like. I finally had enough money to purchase my cursed mainguache at level 40. 

I am perfectly fine with herbs on mobs level 40 and below! If that makes you happy.

Any herb drops above level 40 and I might as well just reroll to a +12 wit sps or cdl necro/sh. 

- reactivate D grade armor quest

- add newbie npc buff like it is in later chronicles till lvl 20

- add shadow mid D grade weapons

problem solved. every1 win.

​I don't really think so mate.

It's blind way imo... Newbies are already receiving free NG stuff.

They level up faster (with free buffs even much faster) and then hitting 20lvl they simply got problem with D grades....

You want to gave them free D stuff so again they will get some exp boos until 40lvl and then what?

Free C grades and buffs?

You're proposing to give ppl fishes when they really need to learn how to fish by them self s ;)

We (who plays here from very beginning) were running with crappy gear without using shots and we survived somehow.

Ppl who decides to play Classic should be aware what they are stepping into and play the game without free stuff, buffs and cookies ;)

All what need to be done imo is to bring more players to this great server (yes I'm ass kisser a bit :P), find the way to erase PK scrolls and fix couple of things which annoys existing gamers already :)

• Like 1

They level up faster (with free buffs even much faster) and then hitting 20lvl they simply got problem with D grades....

You want to gave them free D stuff so again they will get some exp boos until 40lvl and then what?

Free C grades and buffs?

You're proposing to give ppl fishes when they really need to learn how to fish by them self s ;)

We (who plays here from very beginning) were running with crappy gear without using shots and we survived somehow.

Ppl who decides to play Classic should be aware what they are stepping into and play the game without free stuff, buffs and cookies ;)

All what need to be done imo is to bring more players to this great server (yes I'm ass kisser a bit :P), find the way to erase PK scrolls and fix couple of things which annoys existing gamers already :)

​Well with the money they saved from not having to buy d grade, they should be able to afford c grade (At least mid grade c grade which goes for 4kk)

Not only that, they will be able to farm and exp more efficiently using a d grade weapon, rather than a no grade weapon that expires in 7 days.

We survived from the very beginning because there were A TON of more parties going on at all hours of the day. 

Its probably harder now to level than it was back in 1.0, just because there are so few parties going on now for newbies. 

Free C grades and buffs?

​all your points are invalid i'm afraid.

- they have NG weapon and buff (from scroll) enough long to get lvl 20if you know how to exp and you're not wasting any time. adding them to npc will allow newbie with less time or quest lovers, chance to lvl up till 20 under same condition.

- free mid grade armor quest can be done from lvl 25. it's not rly amazing set so it won't give masive advatage.

- shadow weapons are not ment to be free. affordable= yes, free=no. that's massive difference.

keep in mind, when server started all players were equal and it wasn't hard to find pt. now when low lvl players are not so common all pt expect items or you're too slow with killing for them and it's better to solo. try to find RB pt without atleas mid D grade bow. good luck with that.

plus as it was said by @gfbot. they will safe money to buy C grade so this market will get some improvement. D grade market doen't exicst so cheap/free D grades won't change a thing.

• Like 1

I think the best would be Buffer in Newbie Towns. It's really hard for new player to play without buffs. I would allow buffs till lvl ~35. Not just Shield and Might but full PP buff with Focus and etc. for one hours to attract people to the game. A lot of new player will just come and play for 1-2 hours till they realize that it's so hard for them to play without any buff. But if we can hold them till lvl 35 they will realize the afford they already done and try to find CP/Clan/Lvl UP PP or something to play further.

I would suggest:

1. Top NG Gear for 10 days (Wep, Armor, Jewls);

2. Mid D hear for 10 days after lvl 20 as a reward for Class Quest 1;

3. Ful buff till lvl 35.

A lot of people will say it's not fair and etc. But reality is that new player more important then fair/unfair debate. Project needs new people and not only hardcore players.

I am just asking coz i have no idea. Is it possible to use Steam with a project like this? I think that this will attract some new people

I am just asking coz i have no idea. Is it possible to use Steam with a project like this? I think that this will attract some new people

​great idea ~ 

The general rule is - it doesn't matter what it is as long as it's advertised properly.

I'd say most people stumble on the 'curiosity' stage - the difference between a regular ad banner and 'exclusive new player package' ad banner is literally day and night difference for a random viewer.

The question 'what should be in a package' is about 10% of the deal, the advertisement makes up for the 90%.

Other thing is that many people who go beyond the 'curiosity' and enter the 'interest' stage, they may value the 'classic' experience over the early game help.

So if I should suggest something - keep the package nice and simple, but advertise it more. The 'special newcomers bonus pack' or something like that should be a FIRST SLIDE ON THE SITE.

• Like 1

moonlight quest even though i am new in the server i wouldnt like it. all people are the same with this and ruins the economy of these items. its better if you give some adena coupons in new players to choose by themselves a weapon for example rather than this quest that will end up all people to be copy paste with the same armor.

The best from all would be herbs and up to some level maybe around 30 to stop drop herbs. this would be something fair i suppose to new players. and not tons of herbs. a logic number of herb drops and not above 30. 35 max...

1. Disable PK scroll, implement Sin Aeter quest, (I realle apreciate this) But,  I am summoner, Am I able to summon my own pet, and sin Aeter in the same time? think about this before.

2. Moonlight quest would be very fun. If this on, I will start new char to participate on this. (theres no D grade enough shop, ppl already 40+ 50+, moon quest will help new players)

3. Drop when die from mob, disable. Let it only if Karma pk up +5 . (new players soloing give up because of this when they drop yours Top/NG/D grade stuff)

4. NPC basic buff till lv 25 sounds great too. After this players have to use party matching to find duo or aoe party to exp.

5. Adena drop rate is nice since 1.3, so new players can exp with ss with no problem... No need shadow weapons yet. D grade weapons till works betwen players.

6. Herbs would be nice if able only from lv20 to 40 mobs, this may helps new players. At level 40 players already did some friends, joined some clan and can be called as classic.club player.

• Like 1

1. Disable PK scroll, implement Sin Aeter quest, (I realle apreciate this) But,  I am summoner, Am I able to summon my own pet, and sin Aeter in the same time? think about this before.

2. Moonlight quest would be very fun. If this on, I will start new char to participate on this. (theres no D grade enough shop, ppl already 40+ 50+, moon quest will help new players)

3. Drop when die from mob, disable. Let it only if Karma pk up +5 . (new players soloing give up because of this when they drop yours Top/NG/D grade stuff)

4. NPC basic buff till lv 25 sounds great too. After this players have to use party matching to find duo or aoe party to exp.

5. Adena drop rate is nice since 1.3, so new players can exp with ss with no problem... No need shadow weapons yet. D grade weapons till works betwen players.

6. Herbs would be nice if able only from lv20 to 40 mobs, this may helps new players. At level 40 players already did some friends, joined some clan and can be called as classic.club player.

i dont agree with 2 for sure and i am 50/50 on 3. This is something very "Lineage 2" to remove although it discourages new players. but if you think it better these decisions end up in Infinite Odyssey casuality

What's the big deal about the moonlight quest? It's somewhat official way of helping new players a lot :) I know, I know, doesn't feel very classic-y, but imo it's better option than giving them some sort of shadow stuff :S

What's the big deal about the moonlight quest? It's somewhat official way of helping new players a lot :) I know, I know, doesn't feel very classic-y, but imo it's better option than giving them some sort of shadow stuff :S

​because all look the same like classic innova was and there was no economy for d grade. it was like these items never existed. yea its not so classic :) i think that noone starts l2 without knowing anything. most people know where they get themselves into

One thought for advertisement is to make a nice background image to MMORPG.COM homepage. This site is great for new people that look something to play. 

I don't like any presents, wanna hardcore server.

Now you can do 35 lvl for 1 not full day, lol? It is hardcore?

Dear administration, i wish to do something another, not fast exp+presents and etc. And will be big mistake to do npc buffers, lol? For classic?

I will say this, as a lot of people and I take offense to the server, because I had to wipe his pants enormous amount of time, and now a new player has come for a month to reach what I from the start of the game.

Like Admins, I hope they will make the right decision.

I know of 3/4 sided server which is up for longer than a year now with "0" donation. I put it in parenthesis as the donation = Name color change OR Accessory purchase.

And these people are popular and remain popular (as from what i see the topic of new comers there is much larger than here). I think this can serve as a learning point for something I am aware that a project requires funding etc etc (believe me I have done it too).

If you want to be sustainable and growing don't turn this project into another fill my pockets with dollars idea, is all I am saying. (you currently give advantages to the players with cash over the rest)

All these things that we say in this thread maybe are good maybe not but admins have to realise that new people that came here like me and my friend in the last couple of days will not discouraged because of the absence of the moonlight quest armor or the hard xp or the absence of the newbie buffs but they will discouraged if they find out that the server that they came to experience again a true Lineage 2 experience will turn into a Naia, Chronos joke server with gifts and bonuses. So instead of trying to please the new players that they really dont need it you will end up displeasing them all.

I heard from other friends also that are thinking to enter your server and you attract some new blood these days. they are not coming here for the gifts. We all come here because every other server failed to give us something that you are debating here in this thread to change also. A true Lineage 2 experience with some tweaking and small changes that we hope to be even better than the old days, not worst.

*the auction house is also good because even in the old days there was RTM and goldsellers so why not make it legit and buy directly for the market. yes its pay to win, lineage always been pay 2 win, we know that, we are not having romantic fantasies. So i find the auction house very clever choice. because even worst than someone that buys gold is the gold-seller that pms you or spam the shout chat all day. and in this server i have seen none, zero of that messages for the 2 days i play. That for me is a success because i havent been to a lineage 2 server before that for 2 days chat was clean from goldsellers

@Koll

• Like 1