Sign in to follow this  
Arcanum

Holy weapon buff

some people say it doesn't work on this server because it's broken, some say it works but the difference in damage is very low, some say it doesn't work on ranged attacks but only on melee, some say it works on every mob, others say it works only on undead and demons. do they even stack together at all( buff + dance + toggle ), or they're capped at +20 holy p.atk maximum?

as far as i remember, holy( be it buff, dance or toggle )worked only on undead monsters, it was affecting both close and long range attacks, and it was stacking with other similar effects. keep in mind, however, that in this case we're going back to the hellbound chronicle, after the elemental stones update.

as things are now, i'd like to get infos directly from the admins if possible, just to clarify any doubts and get the correct answer. and also to avoid wasting mana for buffs during farm/RBs if they're not working at all.

• Like 3

as far as i remember, holy( be it buff, dance or toggle )worked only on undead monsters, it was affecting both close and long range attacks, and it was stacking with other similar effects. keep in mind, however, that in this case we're going back to the hellbound chronicle, after the elemental stones update.

​I saw some test if i remember well.

https://translate.googleusercontent.com/translate_c?depth=1&hl=pl&ie=UTF8&prev=_t&rurl=translate.google.pl&sl=ru&tl=en&u=https://4gameforum.com/threads/520638/&usg=ALkJrhgBURR0XDWcTNQmo-t1jXlFHPYwZQ

Ok so:

-Holy weapon works on physical atacks including bows  (DOESNT WORK on nukes), no idea if it works on physical skills tho.
- 20 holy attack (only holy wepaon buff) gives 3% bonus vs every monster (doesnt matter if monster is undead or not)
-Holy attack/resist stacks( dance of light + hW+ toggle should be more effective), same as ressists i assume.
-Bonus is pretty low

But seriously... Paladin and swordsinger should  feel the difference. They've got holy blade toggle... also lets add dance of light and holy wepaon buff. You should get around 50 holy p.atk but doesn't feel  against undead. Shouldn't it boost  dmg vs undead by 5% per 10 points ? 

​I saw some test if i remember well.

https://translate.googleusercontent.com/translate_c?depth=1&hl=pl&ie=UTF8&prev=_t&rurl=translate.google.pl&sl=ru&tl=en&u=https://4gameforum.com/threads/520638/&usg=ALkJrhgBURR0XDWcTNQmo-t1jXlFHPYwZQ

Ok so:

-Holy weapon works on physical atacks including bows  (DOESNT WORK on nukes), no idea if it works on physical skills tho.
- 20 holy attack (only holy wepaon buff) gives 3% bonus vs every monster (doesnt matter if monster is undead or not)
-Holy attack/resist stacks( dance of light + hW+ toggle should be more effective), same as ressists i assume.
-Bonus is pretty low

​alright, can any admin confirm if it works this way?

i've been told that the damage difference given by holy weapon buff usually is around 10-15 damage on normal hits, but i haven't been able to test it properly. perhaps it's more visible during critical hits.

if it does give an extra 3% damage on every type of monster, then i'm not sure about the damage the undead should receive, since they're weak to holy.

But seriously... Paladin and swordsinger should  feel the difference. They've got holy blade toggle... also lets add dance of light and holy wepaon buff. You should get around 50 holy p.atk but doesn't feel  against undead. Shouldn't it boost  dmg vs undead by 5% per 10 points ? 

gladiator's buffs for mob weakness for example gives 5% extra damage, but that's only a self buff.

as there's mobs with weak p.def, perhaps holy weakness works as an additional -p.def modifier vs physical holy attacks.

Needs testing to be done ;) Seriously and should find some 1 with the knowledge of true skills function. I mean : anybody could log in into  official EU classic server but there holy weapon also feels crappy ;) Played there myself. And as for old versions  like c4 - c5 I felt a big difference. It was like 1 Holy attack = 1% p.atk.  Because I remember myself that was like raping undead mobs with paladin having :Holy blade + holy weapon + dance of light. Instead of 120 dmg I began to hit 160+ dmg . Of course anyone could say that I just invent things , but  people who had played l2 long time ago really remember difference , espec having bd in party  hunting in catacombs.  My suggestion would be : to do some tests and if skill works impropriety try to solve things or invent custom skill mechanic.

The main thing is to find out how the skill exactly behaves. Does it add actual dmg vs every monster and adds even more against undead because they have weakness to holy dmg. Or should skill add damage only against those whom are vulnerable to holy damage. Like for example as I mentioned in previous post 10 Points = 5% dmg. 

So holy weapon should add 10% dmg. But does this boost work against all monsters and against undead a bit more , or does it add significal dmg vs undead only. ;) 

Still maxe boost should give 25% dmg If this would be invented , and I'd say that's a damn lot ;) 

• Like 1

If we would think about holy weapon pre atri system, all that buff was giving was making ur attack holy type. So it was irrelevant how many stacks of this buff type u had.

theorycrafting won't help anyway. a detailed answer from the admins will.

​its 3,5 % dmg icnrease like resist buffs (resist wind/water etc) giving 3,5 % resist

But i think dance + holy wep buff is 7 %. Because that rb in SOS dying very fast with dance of light.

​its 3,5 % dmg icnrease like resist buffs (resist wind/water etc) giving 3,5 % resist

​U still playing ?

But i think dance + holy wep buff is 7 %. Because that rb in SOS dying very fast with dance of light.

​U still playing ?

​no :)

and yes both togehter are around 7 %

I remember back in the day before attribute system holy weapon would increase the physical damage against undead monsters and maybe demons don't remember well.

The interaction in player versus player was like if attacker had holy weapon and defender divine protection the attacker was doing lower damage than he would do without holy weapon. I remember back then you didn't had the option to click remove buffs and while pveing getting ganked you could lose 9v9s because of that shit unless you had it first buff to overbuff it. :D