Koll

Your pre-2.0 update suggestions

I saw some posts earlier about new players, the xp curve and enlarging the population of the server.

As a new player myself I don't think the issue is with the XP rate and I honestly don't believe it's going to be any better if rates are increased for low level characters. If you're joining the server at this point you're not really expecting to run with the majors anytime soon so I highly doubt there will be many disappointed players. 

In my opinion however, the issue is that there are very few low lvl characters online to play with, which is quite boring for newbies. My suggestion is to add some additional perks and features in regard to the lower level margins exclusively, such as (but not limited to) the following:

• Clan academy could be a convenient way to fix this. People can help our their clans by leveling alts and in that way not only making 40- content playable, but they can also educate newcomers (which will benefit the game altogether). I know the system was abused heavily when it originally came out but I believe that can be easily avoided by applying some restrictions.
  • Lowbie events. The thing is that not many people will volunteer to level twinks (at least I wouldn't - it's dreary). Maybe if there were some fun regular events, divided in brackets like 30-35; 35-40 it could give more players a reason to keep an active alt in the lower bracket. I'd personally love that - could be a nice break from high end grinding. 

It's much better to have an enjoyable experience when playing from the very beginning, than to try and rush end game where the only playable content is. I'm convinced this will drive new players in.

I'd love to hear everyone's opinion on this and perhaps there's a good reason why these can't be implemented, but meh - let me know.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Brosis said:
  • Clan academy could be a convenient way to fix this. People can help our their clans by leveling alts and in that way not only making 40- content playable, but they can also educate newcomers (which will benefit the game altogether). I know the system was abused heavily when it originally came out but I believe that can be easily avoided by applying some restrictions.

I'd love to hear everyone's opinion on this and perhaps there's a good reason why these can't be implemented, but meh - let me know.

we are getting this point in 2.0 update (eventho there is nothing like that on official, w/e the reason),so that should help some newbies not being outsiders but be part of the bigger clan and have live clan chat with higher lvl chars and not just being solo in alt clan because of 10% xp bonus skill

2 hours ago, Brosis said:

I saw some posts earlier about new players, the xp curve and enlarging the population of the server.

As a new player myself I don't think the issue is with the XP rate and I honestly don't believe it's going to be any better if rates are increased for low level characters. If you're joining the server at this point you're not really expecting to run with the majors anytime soon so I highly doubt there will be many disappointed players. 

In my opinion however, the issue is that there are very few low lvl characters online to play with, which is quite boring for newbies. My suggestion is to add some additional perks and features in regard to the lower level margins exclusively, such as (but not limited to) the following:

• Lowbie events. The thing is that not many people will volunteer to level twinks (at least I wouldn't - it's dreary). Maybe if there were some fun regular events, divided in brackets like 30-35; 35-40 it could give more players a reason to keep an active alt in the lower bracket. I'd personally love that - could be a nice break from high end grinding. 

It's much better to have an enjoyable experience when playing from the very beginning, than to try and rush end game where the only playable content is. I'm convinced this will drive new players in.

You're absolutely right, newbies could definitely use some extra fun to get through the early levels. You mention lowbie events. It sounds fantastic and even though I wouldn't be participating anymore I think it would be a great addition. Some time ago I tried to suggest something similar, bonuses for newbies to partymatch more - you can read the replies here. There's simply problem with the toxic community here. Whenever somebody mentions newbies could use some extra helping hand, old 70+s start jumping around like bunch of apes because it's apparently 'custom bullshit' and they flood the topic with troll replies because they don't care since they're 70+ already. Admins prefer to listen to the troll replies because the lowbie numbers aren't that bad and rather focus on pleasing the old stable community instead. 

That being said, your other proposal - the academy system - is apparently already planned in 2.0 patch, as mentioned in said topic. It's not much, but it could help a bit. The major part will be releasing 2.0 obviously, as it's going to spice up the newbies gameplay with achievement system as well.

Edited by FryderykChopin

u will be sick of low lvl's alt's in 2.0 since they need bosses 20-30,31-40 for SA gems ,so ....academy system for new players i think its enough

That's good to hear. Pardon my ignorance on the subject of academy, I obviously haven't done my homework properly - wasn't aware it was being released anyway. 

1 hour ago, FryderykChopin said:

Whenever somebody mentions newbies could use some extra helping hand, old 70+s start jumping around like bunch of apes because it's apparently 'custom bullshit' and they flood the topic with troll replies because they don't care since they're 70+ already. Admins prefer to listen to the troll replies because the lowbie numbers aren't that bad and rather focus on pleasing the old stable community instead. 

This is a bit of a puzzle for me. Since any such "custom" features will only be available for low level characters I don't see how it could affect upper bracket gameplay and consequently result in any complaints. I'm curious to find out what seems to be the issue. 

2 minutes ago, MaieV said:

u will be sick of low lvl's alt's in 2.0 since they need bosses 20-30,31-40 for SA gems ,so ....academy system for new players i think its enough

As for this, indeed - academy should suffice. My suggestions were more of a either/or type of thing. 

3 hours ago, Brosis said:

This is a bit of a puzzle for me. Since any such "custom" features will only be available for low level characters I don't see how it could affect upper bracket gameplay and consequently result in any complaints. I'm curious to find out what seems to be the issue. 

That's the problem, you use logic there. Check out the second reply from the mentioned topic:

"Gg rekt topic closed. Wall of text about nothing. Those who want to play together will play, those  who want to play more together going to clan, those who want to be best friends going to CP.. That's all folks/ "

Some people can barely speak english, they don't even bother reading the post if it's longer than 2 paragraphs so sure as hell they aren't going to bother thinking about it, they just see something custom so they spew some nonsense trolling and call it a day.

Such is life in this forum sometimes.

But you'll get used to it ^_^

Will Garden of Eva be opening???? I mean this is chronicle 2 next patch right? Needs to be implemented!!!! Gets boring with your current content, no offense. Would like to know! Thank you.

6 hours ago, Tocabowl said:

Will Garden of Eva be opening???? I mean this is chronicle 2 next patch right? Needs to be implemented!!!! Gets boring with your current content, no offense. Would like to know! Thank you.

Unfortunately I'm afraid not, Classic is different client to Chronicle 2 :S

49 minutes ago, FryderykChopin said:

Unfortunately I'm afraid not, Classic is different client to Chronicle 2 :S

xD damnnn I love that place for pvp, was fun! No worries tho, thank you for update info.

On 29/08/2016 at 2:07 PM, Cyane said:

[...]2) Consider adding "Aegis Stance" for Paladin. Is a class that very few people chooses, and this skill was removed dont know why. This skill exists in test server and is working fine (Search skill). [...]

The server has something in mind about Aegis Stance ?

I cant imagine one tank in Mass PvP without this skill.
A little movement he need to do, for reposition, will expose completely.

3 hours ago, Ednan said:

The server has something in mind about Aegis Stance ?

I cant imagine one tank in Mass PvP without this skill.
A little movement he need to do, for reposition, will expose completely.

if u want that feature in mass pvp, u can play ET/SK, which has it as passive 

On 3/3/2017 at 5:43 PM, Independent said:

Trance for Elven Elder. Why SE has strong root while EE cant have his trance. 

i have EE for my cp and i dont agree with that logic,i want to play a classic close to the official files,so i dont agree with trance if its not on 2.0

13 minutes ago, Rizos said:

-1 for custom crap.

+1 for no custom crap

not to mention EE cast sleep pretty fast and it land very good.

Edited by kkthx

42 minutes ago, kkthx said:

+1 for no custom crap

not to mention EE cast sleep pretty fast and it land very good.

sure :D till EE cast sleep enemy is kinda far away :D 

trance with current debuff formula would be so sick, trancing whole pt in 3 sec with 90% chance, cool story

10 hours ago, MoDoy said:

trance with current debuff formula would be so sick, trancing whole pt in 3 sec with 90% chance, cool story

Could be adjusted tho :S

Anyway, how's it going to be with the reverse achievement reward picking? Afaik on offic people 50+ could've picked it all when it was implemented.

i suppose that this will come by default with 2.0 update like in Skelth 2.0 patch but just in case i like to comment on it. 

The special place for the ss. I like it so much :)

2017-03-07_162839.png

1 hour ago, eXistenZ said:

i suppose that this will come by default with 2.0 update like in Skelth 2.0 patch but just in case i like to comment on it. 

The special place for the ss. I like it so much :)

2017-03-07_162839.png

San0: "Alright, we'll do it, just give us another half year"

NUUUUUUUUUUUUU... Looks cool tho that's for sure.