Sign in to follow this  
San0

Lowbie Love Mini-Update Patch Notes.

1.png

In order to make the mission for lowbies to catch up, or at least get to a more popular level, in a more accessible and not so long way we decided to implement some changes to some of the low level content, and also add a couple of new things that might help on this agonising journey.

We also hope this will help new players not to shy away from the game just because its impossible hard and they think they will never reach lvl 40 + to be able to party up with other players.

So on this small patch notes i will mention all the changes we made on this small update.

1. - Minor changes to starting pack.
  2. - Some quests increased ADENA reward.
  3. - Herb of Progress.
  4. - Moon Knight Quest.

1 - Minor changes to starting pack.

The starting pack it self its already a very good and strong help since most of the new players before the starting pack was implemented couldn't even dream of having their hands on a mid NG weapon while with the pack they get access to a TOP NG weapon. Altho the fact people could use the newbie shots only till lvl 15 made it so most of the newbie shots would go to waste, and players would have to use more of the normal shots on their hunting leading to a increased amount of adena wasted on shots or a increased amount of time wasted to make shot quests.

There for the soulshot usage level for the newbie soulshots from the starting pack was increased till level 19.

2.png 3.png

We believe this way players will use most of the newbie shots if not all of them and they will have less to worry about farming so much shot quests or invest so much of their precious adena on soulshots at this levels, being this way more capable of saving up for their next weapon.

2 - Some quests increased ADENA reward.

The transition from the early low game for the early mid game was pointed out to us as being the hardest part in the game, for a player with a normal play time when they get to about level 30-35, the newbie weapon is prolly about to finish, and they gonna have a hard time.

To make this problem not such a big one, we increased the adena rewards of some quests between lvls 20 - 40 so players can choose to make the quest while they level up and by doing so having a better economical life.

The following quests ADENA reward was increased by about 5 times:

• Grim Collector
  • Sense for Business
  • Vanquish Remnants
  • Hunt of the Black Lion
  • Arrow Vengeance
  • Leto Lizardmen Hunting
  • Conquest of Alligator Island

NOTE: Only ADENA reward was increased from this quests. In case any of this quests have other type of rewards, those ones stay with same reward as before.

3 - Herb of Progress.

After studying all the ideas you guys sent me on pms about how to help the lowbies, (thank you for that btw <3), i grouped up all of them and created some kind of mash up. Lot of the ideas were very good, but they would jump a bit too much into the custom and they would require some time from manton and the scripters, time that we dont really want to take from them to not slow down 2.0 progress.

So the main points on those ideas were basically giving the lowbies some exp bonus, not too strong, just enough to make them have a bit faster progress, that could not be easily abused, and that higher levels would have no way to exploit it somehow.

After considering all of this and some of the ideas NCsoft came out for 2.0, the HERB OF PROGRESS idea showed up.

- While hunting in some specific locations players will have a chance of receiving by drop a Herb of Progress.

4.png

- This herb can be picked up and it will stay on your inventory for 10 minutes. If not used after 10 minutes herb will disappear.

5.png

- To use this herb open your inventory and double click on it (or right click).

- After consuming the herb, player will receive a 5 minute buff increasing the exp/sp gain by 20%.

6.png

- Herb cannot be used if character is higher then level 40 (40 still can use it, but 41 and higher cant)

- This herb drop can be obtained in the following locations:

• Ruins of Agony
  • Ruins of Despair
  • Abandoned Camp
  • Partisans Hideaway
  • Execution Grounds
  • Cruma Marshlands
  • Breka Stronghold
  • Death Pass
  • Wastelands
  • Plains of Lizardmen

NOTE: Most of this locations have also quests on which ADENA reward was increased so players can combo it up for a smother and a bit faster progress.

4 - Moon Knight Quest.

We know this one might bring some discussion about the D grade market but this decision was taken after 2 weeks of analysing the market and seeing the fact that during this 2 weeks, the  pieces of D grade armor on market were either not existent or over enchanted ones with prices that no lowbie/new comer will be able to afford.

So... Moon Knight Quest was added giving the lowbies/new comers access to a set with D grade pdef stats. This set has no bonus at all besides the P def it gives, it cannot be traded or sold, and it cannot be enchanted.

To be able to obtain this set you need to talk with Moon Knight Jones in Gludin Village and fulfil a number of small missions and favours for him and his friends.

7.png

When all the jobs are done he will allow you to choose what kind of set you want to receive among Heavy, Light or Robe.

This quest can be done by characters between level 25 and 40.

Quest Walkthrough.

HEAVY SET

8.png

LIGHT SET

9.png

ROBE SET

10.png

NOTE: In order to have all this new items changes and addition available you will have to update your client after the 14.10.2016 maintenance.

Best Regards.

L2classic club team.

• Like 8
  • Haha 1

Wish I knew about this before I spend milions to equip 3 of my friends that have just started playing lol !  I belive it is the right decission! Should make people reach 40 easier and have some money for C grade too .

• Like 1

How many herbs u can stack in your inventory? 20 % is really a lot :D with sp buff+10% clan is really good. Nice. But the problem it could be auto usable. SO the ones who use low level bot would level up fast and they cant spoil during the night. But still. Gz gz.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

they do not stack so they will take 1 inventory slot per herb. and they disappear after 10 minutes if you dont use them so no one will be able to stock tons of them.

we thought about they being use when pick but that way we wouldnt have a safe way to prevent the high levels from using them. This way we can be sure that ppl higher then level 40 is not gonna take advantage out of it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Aha, gj, u re crazy. Lvling character for epic bosses is easier than never. half day for lvl 40 for player who is playing here. 2 days for newcomer.

I play here since 1st day of server. I did multiple characters from 0. WC, SE, spoil all this not so far ago 1-3 month ago, when server was lower on population than it is now. And alot of characters before.
I see no single problem for any class to lvl up proper on low lvls. 

All what u need is to have fun and spend some time reaching lvl 40. 3 days for nolifer, week for someone else.

And u just made it power lvling from 1-40 in 1-2 days. Biggest bullsht ever to be honest.

U got used to listen all crying of ppl that want everything for free. And u forget that its classic and its supposed to be HARD.
This thing u posted here is making classic 1-40 what was the most fun part - u made it easy as H5 or even easier.

Instead of delete some adena from game after all mistakes have been done before which escalated into shtload of adena of server u re starting giving it for free.

I dont agree with what u re doing. If u wanted to do such things u should boost ppl at begining of server, when was hard as fuk, not now when u can join random clan and get items/adena for start. Or just sell some arrows on Giran per 100k each. PPL like to help.

If u start ur playing from making spoiler till 20lvl u will have enough adena to survive.

Just wait until u start giving exp buffs/scrolls to 70+ lvls, coz u alrdy giving 20% SP boosts and enchants from events for free, when everybody have 300kk in his WH.

Stop this or u ruin economy which been alrdy hurt bad and kill classic spirit. U go too far.

NCsoft: https://eu.4game.com/lineage2classic/play/saviors/#achievesystem

We: http://l2classic.club/forum/index.php?/topic/12542-lowbie-love-mini-update-patch-notes/&do=findComment&comment=72439

Game will be still hard, because it's 20% bonus, not 100 or 200. You still need to drop herb first to get this bonus.

I think everyone who need twink level 40 for AQ already have it.

I understand that from your side everything ok, but we are people who speaking with potential players. We see huge amount of players loosing, just because server opened 1 year ago.

We don't think that this changes affecting high levels.

Edited by Koll

NCsoft: https://eu.4game.com/lineage2classic/play/saviors/#achievesystem

We: http://l2classic.club/forum/index.php?/topic/12542-lowbie-love-mini-update-patch-notes/&do=findComment&comment=72439

Game will be still hard, because it's 20% bonus, not 100 or 200. You still need to drop herb first to get this bonus.

I think everyone who need twink level 40 for AQ already have it.

I understand that from your side everything ok, but we are people who speaking with potential players. We see huge amount of players loosing, just because server opened 1 year ago.

ok bro, i just hope u guys know the limits and keep racional thinking on all the new stuff.

​thers an easy solution, WIPE :D

​thers an easy solution, WIPE :D

​we both know that not happening xD

Great news!!!!!

I really hope it will stimulate new people to come play here and catch up with higher levels.

And imo it was made wisely. Not even close to be as OP as on offi, but still some boost. And it will make lowbies to group up in certain places for farm and for fun.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

about time, better late than never i guess. at least new players will actually have better chances to catch up now.

• Haha 1

exp 1-40 is still easier than ever if compared to 1.0 like that guy came before mentioned, i feel little shock coz it took you few months to actually realize that D-grade market is never exist, espeacillay since 1.3 when players has x3 Adena rate from 1.0, i hate to say this but in term of new players attraction, NCsoft is just too good, we should learn from it and not always too stubborn to the ideal of "classic". Classic or h5, it doenst matter if population decrease too fast

• Confused 1

Aha, gj, u re crazy. Lvling character for epic bosses is easier than never. half day for lvl 40 for player who is playing here. 2 days for newcomer.

I play here since 1st day of server. I did multiple characters from 0. WC, SE, spoil all this not so far ago 1-3 month ago, when server was lower on population than it is now. And alot of characters before.

All what u need is to have fun and spend some time reaching lvl 40. 3 days for nolifer, week for someone else.

And u just made it power lvling from 1-40 in 1-2 days. Biggest bullsht ever to be honest.

U got used to listen all crying of ppl that want everything for free. And u forget that its classic and its supposed to be HARD.
This thing u posted here is making classic 1-40 what was the most fun part - u made it easy as H5 or even easier.

Instead of delete some adena from game after all mistakes have been done before which escalated into shtload of adena of server u re starting giving it for free.

I dont agree with what u re doing. If u wanted to do such things u should boost ppl at begining of server, when was hard as fuk, not now when u can join random clan and get items/adena for start. Or just sell some arrows on Giran per 100k each. PPL like to help.

If u start ur playing from making spoiler till 20lvl u will have enough adena to survive.

Just wait until u start giving exp buffs/scrolls to 70+ lvls, coz u alrdy giving 20% SP boosts and enchants from events for free, when everybody have 300kk in his WH.

Stop this or u ruin economy which been alrdy hurt bad and kill classic spirit. U go too far.

​What a memer.

My favorite quote was, "All what u need is to have fun and spend some time reaching lvl 40". (beatdeath 2016)

Runner up was, "just sell some arrows on Giran per 100k each." (beatdeath 2016)

Dont worry guys, I'll be level 80 soon. I just need some more fun.

p.s. wts bone arrows 100k giran harbor

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

GJ with this move!

​Stop cry lol! and use this:
butthurt-cream-dawgmaspatentedbutthurtcr

• Like 1

Hello!

The EXP/SP herb is not much fair to the ppl who started here in 1,0 and had to farm with no weapon, no shots... spent XXXXX hours by getting to lvl 40.. now you give it for free.. that is not fair... give some reward to chars 60+ if so... 3 EWB / 3 EAB or some matterial pack that will contains matts for A grande items... not for craft the set... but for example 20% of cratf mats needed for set/wep... as a compensation...

In the other hand I understand that it is very important to expand community at our server and this is very good idea with herbs.. but dont forget about ppl who gave a lot to this game and dont make them leave ;)

:)

Thank you team

• Haha 1

Hello!

The EXP/SP herb is not much fair to the ppl who started here in 1,0 and had to farm with no weapon, no shots... spent XXXXX hours by getting to lvl 40.. now you give it for free.. that is not fair... give some reward to chars 60+ if so... 3 EWB / 3 EAB or some matterial pack that will contains matts for A grande items... not for craft the set... but for example 20% of cratf mats needed for set/wep... as a compensation...

In the other hand I understand that it is very important to expand community at our server and this is very good idea with herbs.. but dont forget about ppl who gave a lot to this game and dont make them leave ;)

:)

Thank you team

Im playin here from day 1, and i dont see here any problem. Its only 1-40lv boost so just relax it wont change anything.

By the way, ur suggestion bout those EAB EWB mats and other sh u ask really ridicilous. Lol

• Like 1

I can say only: Good job, guys! 

Ignore crying kids, they have fear from enemy, its all, we play here 3months and high lvls from ally DarkLegion still pkings us. Fear from more enemy, more pvp, more fun?! 

• Like 1

Hello, i think there is needed 1 little change .. and its makin D armor from Q  just for limited period time ... like  for example 2-3 weeks,  new ppl will have  time to make 40lvl or make adena to buy some  normal D armor. So you can avoid  boters that make spoiler 30lvl and let him  bot whole time in  items for 0 adena :)  // just my point of  view

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

Yes there will be an event and every one will receive 10 aq rings if they pm a gm with the message hi... :)) 

GJ with this move!

​Its so funny when u come to this topic posting funny pictures, when u were one of coming up with sht idea of boosting lowbies, bcoz u suck at it urself.

Go, go kids, look at the price of enchants go up to 10kk

GJ with this move!

​Its so funny when u come to this topic posting funny pictures, when u were one of coming up with sht idea of boosting lowbies, bcoz u suck at it urself.

Go, go kids, look at the price of enchants go up to 10kk

Grow up emo kid, only u visit all topic and everywhere u wrote negative post. U rly need lots of cream. :D

• Confused 1