Sign in to follow this  
Koll

Server time zone change!

Server time zone change!  

77 members have voted

1. 1. Server time zone change!

• Yes, change time zone. I'm getting confused with changes and it will be better for me.
    • No, don't change time zone. I'm only comfortable with Europe time zone.

Dear friends!

We are receiving a lot of reports that the part of the community is strongly influenced by the change of time zone, and more specifically the sieges time change one hour from the summer and early autumn time.

Since we started as a European project - we are working by Central European Time, but during our work server greatly increased in geography and you see it in the game, we have players from all over the world and it's amazing, but at the same time, not all you changing time and this why change greatly affects them.

What we want to do?

We want to change the time zone to one that wn't change neither in the summer nor in the winter, and set sieges time according to this time zone at the same time that they were happening in the summer.

Example:

On summer sieges started at 18:00 CEST and it was 18 UTC + 2

Now Sieges start at 18:00 CET, which is 19:00 UTC + 2, that is, players are waiting for the sieges 1 more hour, and thereby the siege ends for them later.

Our proposal is to transfer the server to UTC + 2 time. UTC+2 = CEST time, and no longer make changes. Thus, the sieges will move to 18:00 UTC + 2 or 17:00 CET.

Vote will end at Saturday.

​1st option means you want to change time zone to UTC which is not changing to Summer time or Winter time. So for example 18 UTC+2 at Winter = 17 CET, at Summer 18 UTC+2 = 18 CEST.

2nd option means you don't want to change time zone to UTC, because it's not comfortable for you.

Edited by Koll

Example:

Now Sieges start at 18:00 CET, which is 19:00 UTC + 2, that is, players are waiting for the sieges 1 more hour, and thereby the siege ends for them later.

Sounds like they got so confused that they will never realize all they have to do is to simply log 1 hour later.

TBH for Europe if we didnt change time zones Europe wouldnt feel it at all. Theres no difference between 17:00 and 18:00 for siege start. Just use brain and remember that it changes for summer/winter within hour.

I think mostly reports u have is of ppl that cant count -1/+1 hour :)

Example:

Sounds like they got so confused that they will never realize all they have to do is to simply log 1 hour later.

TBH for Europe if we didnt change time zones Europe wouldnt feel it at all. Theres no difference between 17:00 and 18:00 for siege start. Just use brain and remember that it changes for summer/winter within hour.

I think mostly reports u have is of ppl that cant count -1/+1 hour :)

​Check qloc01 post.

I dont mind if its 1h earlier for europeans in winter time if it helps other ppl :)

​in that case u voted for wrong option :D 

tho to @Koll, its kinda confusing which option means what, maybe u could describe in post what each option mean(best would be for each option what was the siege time in summer and what would be now if the option will be chosen)?

I dont mind if its 1h earlier for europeans in winter time if it helps other ppl :)

tho to @Koll, its kinda confusing which option means what, maybe u could describe in post what each option mean(best would be for each option what was the siege time in summer and what would be now if the option will be chosen)?

​1st option means you want to change time zone to UTC which is not changing to Summer time or Winter time. So for example 18 UTC+2 at Winter = 17 CET, at Summer 18 UTC+2 = 18 CEST.

2nd option means you don't want to change time zone to UTC, because it's not comfortable for you.

1: We dont change time zone of server and Summer/Winter +1/-1 (18:00 summer, 17:00 winter) what makes comfortable for Europe only.
2: We change time zone and siege always 18:00 for Europe, but time changes for others, what makes problematic to them.

1: We dont change time zone of server and Summer/Winter +1/-1 (18:00 summer, 17:00 winter) what makes comfortable for Europe only.
2: We change time zone and siege always 18:00 for Europe, but time changes for others, what makes problematic to them.

​thats exactly opposite of what poll means i think :D 

​thats exactly opposite of what poll means i think :D 

​But i think those vote options should look like this to be readable :P

Korean ppls start the siege time at 02:00AM ( when the siege is over, we have to prepare go to work )

if you do seige at the same time as Summer time we will have a little more time to sleep :D

Korean ppls start the siege time at 02:00AM ( when the siege is over, we have to prepare go to work )

if you do seige at the same time as Summer time we will have a little more time to sleep :D

​this is what we want, 1 hour earlier jsut for sleep, that 1 hour is pretty big for us asian