Sign in to follow this  
MoDoy

horror vs mental shield

test made on 67 lvl DA using "horror" on 65 lvl tyrant with mental shield lvl 4 (2 lvls difference is no change in debuff behavior https://4gameforum.com/threads/553082/ )

how it should work: https://4gameforum.com/threads/558860/ , w/o mental 90%, with mental ~ 55% (the test is how much it resists, so its 100-45)

result from our server : 27/30 horrors landed trought mental shield lvl 4:

tested mental with WC fear and necro fear, looks like mental reduces chances for those fears just right (by ~ 50%), so i assume this is exclusively "horror" problem that mental doesnt give resist for it

• Like 2

Btw, too bad u created topic before me, i wanted to add poll:

Fix, pick one or more:

1. Orfen
2. Mental
3. Horror
4. Can't fix, its L2J platform

^.^'

What about the time of fear if you got mental shield? I remember it was like 4 seconds of fear when you had mental shield, instead of 7. Wasn't play the period that have been changed. It was correct, custom change or?

tested mental with WC fear and necro fear, looks like mental reduces chances for those fears just right (by ~ 50%), so i assume this is exclusively "horror" problem that mental doesnt give resist for it

so, if without mental the fear skill from wc was about 50%, with mental it should have a very low chance to land, if none at all.

now that horror has been confirmed to be broken, i'm more interested in the basic land rate of curse fear from necro.

is it the same as WC fear, or that's boosted as much as horror?

What about the time of fear if you got mental shield? I remember it was like 4 seconds of fear when you had mental shield, instead of 7. Wasn't play the period that have been changed. It was correct, custom change or?

as far as i remember, resistance buffs never shortened the duration of debuffs.

Was never shorter than 7s. Was random  between 7 and 10s in both cases- with mental and without

so, if without mental the fear skill from wc was about 50%, with mental it should have a very low chance to land, if none at all.

now that horror has been confirmed to be broken, i'm more interested in the basic land rate of curse fear from necro.

​It more like multipied. Not exacly but its +/-. It works like mental gives 50 resist so if debuf has 90% chance, then with mental its going to have 90*0,5= 45%. If wc fear gas 50% base land rate, with mental its going to have 50*0,5=25%. Now if u also have orfen then wc fear : 50*0,5*0,85=21,25%. In fact this counting is just some kind of approximation and its counted in a but more complicated way i think. But real results(in 4game tests) dont differ much from what you calculate this way. I think San0 can confirm how it works, he has this tool showing debuf land chance on test server

I'm 100% sure it was shorter cause I remember having 1 or 2 seconds anchor with lionheart, and 2-3 seconds stun also with lionheart. Maybe was at 1.0 but I remember this 100%.

​wc had base land rate ~60% from what i tested, with mental it was ~30% (tho it wasnt big test, i plan to do some big tests with mental shield to confirm it gives good % of defence, coz atm we just know it lowers chance for some debuffs, but dunno if correct amount), necro fear was ~45-50% land rate with mental shield, so i guess w/o it its around 90%

about resistance buffs lowering duration of debuffs, i dont think thats how it works, it usually gives some random seconds, sometimes its even the delay bug of debuff icon animation, that it starts ticking with 1 less second, but for example last tick is with 0 seconds (that often happened in older chronicles), but i am not really sure about this, coz i wasnt paying attention to this effect of debuff

• Like 1

Check the root/sleep at 4:36 

​i think it was fixed, back in the time the resist buffs werent giving protection to debuffs, but lowered the amount of seconds they stay (u can see debuffs staying 50% of seconds they should), what we have atm is described above in rizos post i think

• Like 1

​i think it was fixed, back in the time the resist buffs werent giving protection to debuffs, but lowered the amount of seconds they stay (u can see debuffs staying 50% of seconds they should), what we have atm is described above in rizos post i think

​Ye and now they give protection :P bwahahaha right!

​Ye and now they give protection :P bwahahaha right!

​soon :D we are working on it with rizos so they give protection

• Like 1

i posted on another topic the fear skills odered from smaller chances to higher chance. and yes fear from mages and WC have same chances.

i think the order was:

word of fear - Fear/Curse fear (same chance on both) - Mass fear/horror (same chance for both).

im not sure now the exact base chances but i think its word of fear 40%, fear/curse fear 50 % and mass fear/horror 90 %.

i posted on another topic the fear skills odered from smaller chances to higher chance. and yes fear from mages and WC have same chances.

i think the order was:

word of fear - Fear/Curse fear (same chance on both) - Mass fear/horror (same chance for both).

im not sure now the exact base chances but i think its word of fear 40%, fear/curse fear 50 % and mass fear/horror 90 %.

​i dont want to believe the base chance for mage fear is 50%, but if it should be like that, then we gotta test it and fix it if its different :D (from my small test necro fear had 50% chance with mental shield already)

• Like 1

ill check for sure tomorrow but im almost sure those were the base chances for those skills.

ill check for sure tomorrow but im almost sure those were the base chances for those skills.

​I updated 2nd post with yet another video

chars ~70 lvl
orfen lvl 3 + mental shield on target
10/11

so if landrate is good, so maybe then mental or Orfen lvl 3 is bugged? Coz not a lvl, not a Orfen lvl 3, not a mental lower the chance.

atm its some kind of joke, considering that this debuff can stack one on another its forever fear.

check also Hamstring, coz it has also some hilarious landrate. Dont want tell me that DA has top fear and top slow and top 100% cancel from panther?

• Like 1

Fear of WC lands way less then sleep of WC. I guess this is how it should be, but DA fear >> all debuffs, its like stigma or smth...

Still this will sound gay but i would like to say Thanks for Modo and Rizo for searching this info and helping everyone to play in better server, i think if u put this time in game u would be already 76 :P 

• Like 2

btw

According to this:

"Optional: we found it strange that the chance of resistance in this case, was almost always below 50% and limit the chances of 50 to 50, from about 9% to about 11% within a hundred. We decided to check out, what chance will protect Mental Shield of other skills (since the smaller sample). After several tests, we noticed that almost all the skills pass through the Mental Shield with a chance to ~ 55-60%, that is, as if their initial chance was 110-120%."

they have only chance in %%,that doesn't mean 1 of 2 horrors lands, just ~50% landrate of horror against mental shield(quite a big chance)

Yes he ment that all debusf have cap 90℅ land rate. He tries to explain why with mental shield debufs have more than 45% land rate (50℅ from capped 90). Its either as he says and some debuf have base chance like 120% (in formula but capped to 90℅ in game) to make them more effective (balanced) on targets wirh mental shield and epics. Thats why debuff can land with 60℅ chance on mental shield (50℅ * 120 chance)

Or other reason might be that debuf land rate has more conplicated formula and 50 mental resist from mental shield(pay attention, description says 50, not 50℅!) Doesnt cut debuff landrate exacly by half

Yes he ment that all debusf have cap 90℅ land rate. He tries to explain why with mental shield debufs have more than 45% land rate (50℅ from capped 90). Its either as he says and some debuf have base chance like 120% (in formula but capped to 90℅ in game) to make them more effective (balanced) on targets wirh mental shield and epics. Thats why debuff can land with 60℅ chance on mental shield (50℅ * 120 chance)

Or other reason might be that debuf land rate has more conplicated formula and 50 mental resist from mental shield(pay attention, description says 50, not 50℅!) Doesnt cut debuff landrate exacly by half

​eventho it says 50 in description, the test from https://4gameforum.com/threads/558860/ was made 2 weeks after fixpatch of https://4gameforum.com/threads/558590/#post-8169848 (was mentioned at the end of the test), where u can see the lvl 4 mental shield actually gives 50% resist

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this