Cyane

About drop penalty of mobs / raid bosses / epics

Guys, what do you think?

in a basic party with dds, can the tank or the healer/buffer, with 3 or more levels higher than the mob, raid boss or epic, penalize the drop rate of it, if it doesnt make the greatest dmg? Does the fact of being in the same pt of dds or outside of it is relevant to the drop rate?
I think that drop rate of a mob/raid/epic depends only on who dealt the greatest dmg to it, regardless of in which pt he belongs. Most ppl thinks the opposite, I think it could be interesting to discuss then

I found this: https://4gameforum.com/threads/586611/

and this: https://4gameforum.com/threads/10522/

What is your opinion?

U brought some old chronicle like h5 test. I think it works same as on old chronicles, doesnt matter pt lvl. Only thing that matters is who made the most of dmg. if u have 50 lvl pt but 1 guy 40 and you let him do more dmg than any1 else in pt into 40 lvl mob  then you get 100% drop chance. It was always like this. Also you can kill core for example with 57 lvl mages and use only 1 52 lvl mage and let him do more dmg than any1 else (not 51% but more dmg than any other dd who hit core) you should get normal drop chance. Thats how ppl farmed baium for example in h5 with 8x lvl chars but leting lowbies do more dmg.

I think that drop rate of a mob/raid/epic depends only on who dealt the greatest dmg to it, regardless of in which pt he belongs. 

that's how it's supposed to work indeed, even the raid description says so. it's based on the level of the DD who did the highest dps.

thing is, dropping jewels from epics isn't exactly a walk in the park, so usually DDs stay around the RB lv.

for normal RBs, those who hunt them don't really look at the level range for drops unless it's 6+ levels difference.

Most ppl thinks the opposite

because most people still have no clue how L2 works, even after more than 10 years from its release.

Best thing that ppl dont know about is overhit to rb.every1 does it but it doesnt give more than like 5k exp :D

​Oo. My system chat lying me? It says about ~10% of overhit bonus...

Best thing that ppl dont know about is overhit to rb.every1 does it but it doesnt give more than like 5k exp :D

​Oo. My system chat lying me? It says about ~10% of overhit bonus...

No, your system say true.

But when u use overhit and this give 5000dmg and boss has 4999, its not calculated as over hit and it give u 0 or very low bonus exp.

Yea, but still on my experience it gives ~10% in average which is fine.

To make 1% bonus you need to do 1% rbs max hp overhit. So i doubt u can take 10% of rbs hp with 1 skill to make such overhit :D

Thats how it is used to pwlvl academy toons in older chronicles btw - with a higher level sps with wm-pow etc

​This is plvl on bug servers like bnb you were playing. It has max bonus not taking lvls from 1 mob in x7 server.

OH doesnt work on bosses, neither in xp or drop rate, there qere tests on official (for oh on boss u get like what, 20k bonus xp when the boss itself gives 7-8kk)

In system chat it's usually ~5kk exp in one line and ~400-500k exp for overhit line (farmed +-4lvl bosses, 44-52lvl only on raidbosses). Either it's system chat is lying or you guys are wrong.

are u sure thats not rb participate bonus? becuase OH honus is in the brackets in first line, thats the xp u get from dmg done to rb, second line is like static participation xp, which is given also to buffers which were buffing in pt but left it in the end (its isually around 800k-1.1kk for 65 lvl rb)

so yeah, i am sure OH doesnt give almost no xp on >>>bosses<<<

No idea,probably u are right, i remember 2 lines of exp. The second one was going afrer "Overhit!" message. And the second exp line was not appeared if RB were not overhitted btw.

I cannot check it now - not lvling my bd anymore.

No idea,probably u are right, i remember 2 lines of exp. The second one was going afrer "Overhit!" message. And the second exp line was not appeared if RB were not overhitted btw.

I cannot check it now - not lvling my bd anymore.

​The second line is participation bonus for successfully finishing the raid.