Hi everyone,

I've just recently started playing classic and I'm just about to ding a 40 rogue. Back in the day I started playing L2 from C3 on, so I wanted to get some info about the situation on classic before I make my 2nd class choice.

In short, I find daggers infinitely more fun and interesting than archers, however since I'm working 9-5 I only have a limited amount of time to spend on grinding. Consequently, I want to know how people level up Treasure Hunters at the moment, so I can see if I can make it work with my schedule, or just cut my losses and go HE.

I'm aware daggers are not the best right now and I don't really care. I'd just appreciate if you shared your PVE experiences - what works/what doesn't, what gear to use, which parties accept daggers and what role do you have within them etc. Solo grind viable? What are the best setups for box/duo/trio parties?

All and any info would help.

Thanks in advance.

Yo, I think daggers got the worst farming on classic, cause they got no aoe skills to join aoe party (and people here mostly lvling with aoe parties). So my opinion is to grab a bow, find party for raid bosses and go for it, or you can create a 2nd support char or tank to find aoe party for your dagger and the usefull char in the party.
However if you like solo exp with dagger, prefer DEX dyes if you like to use dagger and STR-DEX dyes if you like to use bow. I'd prefer bow, easier farming

Get +12 str dye and bow - akat is good, for you because i guess u dont have much adena and akat has almost same dps as emi just cast skills slow(matters only on archer). You should also exp pp or pp and sws/bd and you can solo exp untill 70 like this. Only party you can expect is rb pt. Rbs are worth to farm on classic and give good exp but for sure u need bow there. About typical dagger meele farm, try to get other dagger friends and you can build rly good pts with daggers SE bd sws wc in loa for example. SE with stigma is must for such pt. About solo farm, as i said akat pl set +12 str and farn firest of mirrors shamans untill 59 , then move to sea of spores doom knights until 70

Edit: seal of shilien ofc. Thx stiba 

I'd just appreciate if you shared your PVE experiences - what works/what doesn't, what gear to use, which parties accept daggers and what role do you have within them etc. Solo grind viable? What are the best setups for box/duo/trio parties?

All and any info would help.

Thanks in advance.

Everything Soil and Rizos said :)

Personally, I did many lvls with my th in a duo with a sws of my level since i was lvl 30, and sometimes + 1box (se, wc, pp, they all work fine). Always hit on the mobs back(+ crit rate and damage), because after lvl 40, dagger mastery triggers a "clarity" buff when you crit (with some %) that will make your lvling more efficient.

Best duo/trio set up is debatable, but as Rizos said, stigma is a must if you go mele, and if you combine it with an hex (from bd, or other classes) much better. So maybe Se + Sws/BD + dagger

Go for dagger!

Thanks for the input everyone.

Play Buffers / Tank / SWS for AOE party then spend 20euro change to rouge.

​Also aware of that option, but I'm not really looking to reach endgame asap. 

​Is so pathetic and shamefull that someone can make this, when other guys player dagger class since lvl 1.

​Is so pathetic and shamefull that someone can make this, when other guys player dagger class since lvl 1.

​++ it's a pity the system is not working the way it's supposed to :/

but get a bow and do RB to reach lvl 60 its easy way.

from lvl 62 i use PL set + 4/8 str + emi +9 in Shillen with dooms & palibatis. gg xping dagger. after 67.  Demon dagger BW light/Doom hvy and kill glow until you want.

by the way, Welcome to hell

Looks like it's more of a pain than it's worth. I definitely want to have a dagger character but I don't see how I can make that work alongside working regular hours, so I will probably keep it as an alt. 

I suppose I should call it a day on the TH front and level up a DA+SE for now. Having good gear and a high lvl SE will make it easier to boost my dagger afterwards, I presume.

It actually surprises me that the game designers didn't see this flaw back in the day. On the chronicle I started playing originally, daggers were a very popular class in parties. They were the only way to pull mobs without ending up in the aggro universe, and could also do supply runs for people when the party was way deep in LOA or TOI for example.  

Just Play your Dagger, don't listen to these people. On Official Daggers do work, and its much slower exping than here. You will be fine. But you will want a box buffer no matter what class you play.

On 20.02.2017 at 11:31 AM, Brosis said:

I want to know how people level up Treasure Hunters at the moment

With pain in da ass. You can feel free yourself with pp till ~64lvl. W/o full buff after that lvl it's masochism. Find aoe party/rerole in pr for farm and come back later, imho.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Poseidon said:

With pain in da ass. You can feel free yourself with pp till ~64lvl. W/o full buff after that lvl it's masochism. Find aoe party/rerole in pr for farm and come back later, imho.

coz its so easy to xp PR with 1 box :D 

6 minutes ago, BeNicePls said:

Easier than Dagger id..t

i trully believe that at same lvl/equip, AW+SE combo can xp faster than PR+PP (if u want just one box, if u can log many thats different story)