Sign in to follow this  
Pelocho

GK restrictions for low level characters

We all know about "camera" characters that lay down in strategic spots to watch for enemies or plan attacks, but this behavior is getting out of hand with "alive cameras" on accessible high level locations where they often wander around farming parties to pick up loot, taunt players/smack talk. And yes, apparently, lvl 1 characters with premium status can talk in chat...

It would be great if, for example, there was a gatekeeper restriction for low level characters to avoid this "camera characters" from respawning every minute. Places like Ancient Battleground, that are easily accessible to any player, are specially annoying since any lvl1 player can just go back to city and come back in less than 1 minute after being killed. 

I dont like these cameras aswell. But its nothing forbidden to keep camera on lol. The only problem i find in this, and administration could take care of, is that 90% of these cameras dont have "adventurer" title so they are logged without PA. Im pretty suspicious ppl use illegal softwere to log them, because considering that there are so many cameras online nonstop on the map, i think there are many ppl who have logged several cameras at same time without PA. Some of them are legal for sure, on 2nd pc etc but some of them are not for sure.

51 minutes ago, Koll said:

Hello. How it will stop people from summoning them there?

Right now, lvl 1 characters come to Ancient Battleground to, basically, annoy farming parties there by luring mobs far, pick up drops, smack talk... If you kill them, they come back in less than 1 minute using the gatekeeper in Aden.

My suggestion is restricting the use of gatekeepers to this low level characters to, at least, discourage this behavior making it harder to come back.

This  Is actualy part of game it was always happening and will happen...
You cant actualy complain about smthing you allrdy using it for example check epis....just live with it its parts of lineage since the begging :D (I can tell you how to fight this cameras send me inbox :P )
I think this topic should close 

7 minutes ago, GanjaRockzZz said:

This  Is actualy part of game it was always happening and will happen...
You cant actualy complain about smthing you allrdy using it for example check epis....just live with it its parts of lineage since the begging :D (I can tell you how to fight this cameras send me inbox :P )
I think this topic should close 

well, also on official u can pk them and clear the pk right on spot, but meh, it was changed when vigilance cried quite some back in the time :( it was also part of the game, but ...

48 minutes ago, Rizos said:

I dont like these cameras aswell. But its nothing forbidden to keep camera on lol. The only problem i find in this, and administration could take care of, is that 90% of these cameras dont have "adventurer" title so they are logged without PA. Im pretty suspicious ppl use illegal softwere to log them, because considering that there are so many cameras online nonstop on the map, i think there are many ppl who have logged several cameras at same time without PA. Some of them are legal for sure, on 2nd pc etc but some of them are not for sure.

they can have PA on the other character they have loged, and so they can log cam without having premium on it. Most of times i see a camera in loa/DV/ABG i check their HWIDs/IPs and almost all of them are in seperated HWIDs. and the ones who dont have unique HWIDs have PA on the other chars online.

I'm not asking to remove cameras, I'm just proposing a way to discourage (make harder) certain conducts that are inappropriate or lead to awful metagaming.

Restricting lvl 15 (just as example) characters from using the gatekeeper to respawn in ABG wouldn't stop legit players from exploring, and would make harder for those annoying lvl 1 characters to come back every minute to interfere with people farming in ABG.

Edited by Pelocho

2 minutes ago, MoDoy said:

well, also on official u can pk them and clear the pk right on spot, but meh, it was changed when vigilance cried quite some back in the time :( it was also part of the game, but ...

So someone that represent vigilance came and make that report ? Bullsh it nvm
There is so much easier way to fight camers but as all perkunas say our side is stupid so no need tell you my stupid tactik (This is how your logic works someone from vig say smthing its whole vigi )

1 minute ago, GanjaRockzZz said:

So someone that represent vigilance came and make that report ? Bullsh it nvm
There is so much easier way to fight camers but as all perkunas say our side is stupid so no need tell you my stupid tactik (This is how your logic works someone from vig say smthing its whole vigi )

7 minutes ago, MoDoy said:

If you guys could leave the game politics out of this, that would be great. This is a section for suggestions and I'm making one, so please, stick to the topic and be constructive...

15 minutes ago, San0 said:

they can have PA on the other character they have loged, and so they can log cam without having premium on it. Most of times i see a camera in loa/DV/ABG i check their HWIDs/IPs and almost all of them are in seperated HWIDs. and the ones who dont have unique HWIDs have PA on the other chars online.

isnt it posibble that some illegal softwere changes PC HWID and connect through proxy to let the guy multibox for free? Its obvious ppl cant change multibox anyway without PA, and cheaters who use programs have changed HWID and IP cos else they wouldnt be able to multibox for free. I heard for example the most common bot program on this server allows you to log 1 more acc without PA. Obviously you wont detect cheater by checking his IP/HWID cos he wouldnt be in game with multi box if he was not cheater :D

Edited by Rizos

ofc it is. im just saying in most of them i dont think thats the case. tho im not saying its totaly impossible for that to happen.

You need to find better way to detect such ppl and bots cos this is a reason ppl pay bot/illegal soft creators instead of giving u $$ for PA ;)

0 reson to forbid ppl less 15lvl to use gatekeepers. Ppl who steal drop can spend 0.5-1hour to make 15lvl char. It always been this way. For the resolving such a problem u can make PK char 15-20lvl which can kill 1lvl cameras easily.

1 hour ago, kktnxbye said:

0 reson to forbid ppl less 15lvl to use gatekeepers. Ppl who steal drop can spend 0.5-1hour to make 15lvl char. It always been this way. For the resolving such a problem u can make PK char 15-20lvl which can kill 1lvl cameras easily.

Discouraging "players" from respawning over and over to disrupt legit players seems like a valid reason to me. They are not playing, just abusing of a no risk mechanic. Regarding lvling up a character enough to use the gatekeeper: that's ok to me. At least they have to invest more time on it and risk it.

Creating a pk just to kill this chars it's not a solution, It's just adding another layer of metagaming.

Edited by Pelocho

4 hours ago, kktnxbye said:

0.5-1hour to make 15lvl char

0.5-1hour to make 15lvl char
0.5-1hour

srsly u farm 15 lvl so long? Damn hardcore is ur 2nd name.

30-60min to create 15lvl char is not "invest more time on it and risk it". It's nothing. L2 was always this way. And always you was need to have PK chars to kill some unwanted elements on the spots. This precaution measure will not work. Even it will make the case worse - you will have the same pickuper on the spot but 15lvl not 1lvl and you will need waste 3-4 hours to make 20+lvl PK char to get rid of them.

And really, in ABG you have at least 1 char in party who can pickup loot as soon it dropped. Push your buffers\bard in party to do that.

ps: 30-60 min it's just raw approx, i dont really remember how long does it take.

Edited by kktnxbye

18 hours ago, Pelocho said:

I'm not asking to remove cameras, I'm just proposing a way to discourage (make harder) certain conducts that are inappropriate or lead to awful metagaming.

Restricting lvl 15 (just as example) characters from using the gatekeeper to respawn in ABG wouldn't stop legit players from exploring, and would make harder for those annoying lvl 1 characters to come back every minute to interfere with people farming in ABG.

Imo, stop crying.

Takes 20 minuts xp 1 char lvl 15.

U should create 1 character lvl 10-15 or other lvl, keep it in your spot, and log when u see 1 camera, and then pk the camera.

I think after u pk that camera sometimes, he wont come more.

18 hours ago, San0 said:

wich means they are propably using adrenaline wich is assigning different hwids to every client that they have opened.

the thing with cameras was approached many times by me and Shibb, ppl that make them use adren radar to hear a sound when someone come close or pass by.

18 hours ago, Rizos said:

isnt it posibble that some illegal softwere changes PC HWID and connect through proxy to let the guy multibox for free? Its obvious ppl cant change multibox anyway without PA, and cheaters who use programs have changed HWID and IP cos else they wouldnt be able to multibox for free. I heard for example the most common bot program on this server allows you to log 1 more acc without PA. Obviously you wont detect cheater by checking his IP/HWID cos he wouldnt be in game with multi box if he was not cheater :D

you dont need to change your ip, becouse when server is using proxies like club, every player appears to them with proxy ip. at least it was like that last time i was checking club proxies

To my mind, it is good idea! Moreover I would say do restrictions let's say Tp to aden 20 lvl, to to Abg 30 lvl Tp to bs 38 lvl If think a bit y can do it sufficient clever. And yea of coursethere will camera in Loa Only if y do I dunno tp for Giran 40+ Phahah 

3 hours ago, draco said:

you dont need to change your ip, becouse when server is using proxies like club, every player appears to them with proxy ip. at least it was like that last time i was checking club proxies

Not true about the ip. We can check players ip. Otherwise when we ip ban some one we would be banning our proxy by your logic.