Sign in to follow this  
Sylvant

how did i not hear for this server till now?

I am a MMORPG fan and low rate servers in particular. While i enjoyed WoW more, i have vast experience playing L2. I occasionally look for new L2 servers and invest few months playing(until they start to decline, or not meet with my expectations). How on earth i never heard for this server before?! Released in 2015?! I've been searching in different platforms for low rate servers and idk how its possible to miss a server with such a seemingly stable community. Just recently i typed in google "l2 low rate server" without even meaning to look for server to play, was just checking if an old server i played is still alive and this server came with the first 2 results, in the form of an AD.

• Like 5

feel free to play and bring friends, also u can advertise the server wherever u want, its players duty :)

1 minute ago, FryderykChopin said:

Certainly the most populated one, that's for sure.

Missing the 2.0 update from the coronation tho :S

Dont worry, theres no server with 2.0 except retails.

Edited by kkthx

1 hour ago, kkthx said:

feel free to play and bring friends, also u can advertise the server wherever u want, its players duty :)

Dont worry, theres no server with 2.0 except retails.

Ikr but if we take the official servers into a competition, that's the one thing it lacks.

As far as the private servers go I don't think there's any serious competition to Classic Club right now, but official servers offer better files and more features for a subscription fee. The problem is that they're less populated so now I'd give it 50:50 as it goes.

offi has everything working( of course, it's offi lol ), it's updated and it has some content that's different from here.

exp rates are fucking insane. p2p model.

here usually we have bugs on skills/items until they get fixed properly to work like on offi, new content that needs to be updated( and adjusted to avoid bugs - althou on private servers there will always be bugs, no matter how hard you try to prevent them ) and some custom content, like PK scrolls with use restrictions, extra summons, etc.

exp rates are ok, more or less like 1/2 of offi back in pre-GoD times, with the difference that getting to lv60 here it's like getting to lv75 back in the old days. f2p model, or p2p if u really need/want a box.

15 minutes ago, Arcanum said:

offi has everything working( of course, it's offi lol ), it's updated and it has some content that's different from here.

exp rates are fucking insane. p2p model.

here usually we have bugs on skills/items until they get fixed properly to work like on offi, new content that needs to be updated( and adjusted to avoid bugs - althou on private servers there will always be bugs, no matter how hard you try to prevent them ) and some custom content, like PK scrolls with use restrictions, extra summons, etc.

exp rates are ok, more or less like 1/2 of offi back in pre-GoD times, with the difference that getting to lv60 here it's like getting to lv75 back in the old days. f2p model, or p2p if u really need/want a box.

if you use official client then why here have bugs? if you update the official and then you copy the files to you server then you have the updated version and everything is ok. if you want to change something and have something custom then you have to take care only those files and not the entire folder with the game

I wanted to play L2 the way I remembered it and this server is pretty much the best for me. Yes it's a grind to 40 (I play casual) but again that's what I remember and there's enough players around to feel quite at home. Find a good clan here on the forum and you are set.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, eXistenZ said:

if you use official client then why here have bugs? if you update the official and then you copy the files to you server then you have the updated version and everything is ok. if you want to change something and have something custom then you have to take care only those files and not the entire folder with the game

is not the same. think about the client as a puzzle box. all pieces are there but most of it still has to be put together. If it would be that simple, everyone would have classic official files xD

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, San0 said:

is not the same. think about the client as a puzzle box. all pieces are there but most of it still has to be put together. If it would be that simple, everyone would have classic official files xD

i c... i didnt know...

58 minutes ago, Dhol said:

I dont know how could you not hear about it. I have their AD in literally every page and app I go to :D

that is called targeted advertising  and is happened because that is what you are looking for in google and these sites you are visiting more often. doesnt mean that everyone sees the same advertisment

well there is one "small" problem. I hate to start server so late... The server already has its history, players have progressed a lot and i've missed the launch and initial days which are always so fun

15 minutes ago, Sylvant said:

well there is one "small" problem. I hate to start server so late... The server already has its history, players have progressed a lot and i've missed the launch and initial days which are always so fun

i have started lots of months after the initial start. i have found other people that started the same time as me. Then i quited for some times coz i didnt have time to play. Now i have started again and i have met new people that are in my levels. My old friends are higher level apparently.

So every time is the same, you find people that are in the same position with you and make friendships. Don't worry there are plenty people for everyone :)

Edited by eXistenZ
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Sylvant said:

I used to feel similar, but this chronicle and this server in particular is very much different from what we were used to last few years

When you have some x20 High Five server you obviously want to be there on server start because after 2 months people get top equip and start leaving, and after 3 months it closes. So when you join 1 month after opening you really just miss 1/3rd of the servers' life. 

It's entirely different story here - year and half after opening and we've reached the online record only a few weeks ago or so (if I understood it correctly)

You can also check out the level stats on the website - the first page of max levels isn't even fully filled with 76's, which means that the 17th+ top level players haven't even reached the max level. Also, starting from patch 2.0 there's not going to be any level limit anymore. There's simply no such thing as reaching 'end' game here.

And that's the beautiful thing about classic - the suffering never ends :)

Edited by FryderykChopin
  • Like 2

Ah the suffering never ends! So true! But this is a lot better than retail for me. I'd have to sell my house and all its contents to compete (for pixels?) plus you can donate and that helps. 2.0 should get players back in again BUT when will that be?

9 minutes ago, Clawdia said:

Ah the suffering never ends! So true! But this is a lot better than retail for me. I'd have to sell my house and all its contents to compete (for pixels?) plus you can donate and that helps. 2.0 should get players back in again BUT when will that be?

in retail you have to do it also as long as i rember but instead of giving them to the official company you give them to RTM no lifers that spam chat all day to buy adena

Edited by eXistenZ

6 hours ago, Clawdia said:

Well technically you can P2W here just as well, but I guess that's something you simply can't avoid on these kind of servers; perhaps now it's easier to sell the adena than ever before as everyone gets a bit tense as the progression gets so slow at later levels and for many people these 10 million for $5 (or whatever's the price on RMT right now) is more than two weeks of progress...

About 2.0, well let's hope it will get released before players get too upset... I start to think they maybe shouldn't have started hyping the 2.0 half year ago if the progress was apparently at it's very beginning back then :S

Honestly i feel like this servers pay model is very good, auction house for real money where server takes half legalizes goldselling as well as produce revenue, id say this is the direction l2 off should go, instead of crazy event madness

7 minutes ago, Tankas said:

Honestly i feel like this servers pay model is very good, auction house for real money where server takes half legalizes goldselling as well as produce revenue, id say this is the direction l2 off should go, instead of crazy event madness

I think 50% tax for seling items in auction is crazy. Way way too high, 20% would be reasonable..

• Like 1

Just now, Rizos said:

I think 50% tax for seling items in auction is crazy. Way way too high, 20% would be reasonable..

idk for comparison i pay 60% income tax in my country :)

13 hours ago, Tankas said:

Tbh I'm not a huge fan of the auction house in its current state for several reasons:

1. It opens doors to people who wouldn't have bought anything before due to fear of getting caught, so in the end the ammount of P2Wining players maximizes
  2. As mentioned, the tax rate is too damn high so many people prefer RMT anyways
  3. Some shady high enchant mage weapon deals screws up the game balance
  4. Devalues adena as many people (mostly those who don't know the tax rate, that's it) chose to sell their high grade stuff for money instead
  5. The minimum price of 1€ closes the door to many deals, because the immediate and completely liquid value of 1€ (aka 10 CoLs) is always above 1 million (current bid/ask values are ~125k/~140k). So in the end it's impossible to trade things which would make the auction house interesting, aka smaller ammount of keys or mats.

I kinda liked it on a paper at first but I'm not really happy with how it turned out in the end :(

Edited by FryderykChopin
  • Like 2

On 5.3.2017 at 5:26 PM, eXistenZ said:

this is the best classic server you gonna find. 

True Story.