Sign in to follow this  
Ami

Newcomer's QUESTIONS

Hello, I'm considering this server as a place to play and stay for longer.

1. Is populated higher than 600 souls (excluding boxes, shops)?

2. Premium is required to open a box?

3. How are the updates? Any word on 2.0?

4. Free NG weapon + herbs till lv 40 are still in game? 

5. Does 30-40% speak English?

6. Do u like your administration? Are bots being hunted or they are a plague?

7. Are there new players joining in? I have seen 76 being the top level, with that being said its not worse than any classic alternative soso

8. Why would you recommend this server?

9. Is there Mass PvP/Sieges/Competition on epics etc or clans are fading away ?

10. It's not exactly OFF based, not in 100% anyway so let me ask you - are DD's viable (if so which), say I run main+box, -> what would u recommend or I should go for a Mage/Archer instead?

11. With rates being x3, is it a problem to play necro (considering cost of the bones)?

12. Anything you would add, that would be useful for a new player?

13. Are there any INTERNATIONAL/ENG clans a sides to this server, taking down epics or all goes to TOP players (RU etc)?

14. How many sides are there (and which nationality/clans do they represent)

14. With x3 and avg. 4h/day I'd much rather keep playing here, what do u think about that time is it possible to reach level 40/52 quickly?

15. Is it possible to drop DW and other books or rate being x3 is still extremely low? 

edit:

16. With 4h being the avg playtime per day and possibly with buff box in pt at least till 52 is a dd good choice or the diff between mage grind necro/sh/sorc is so big I should roll a mage instead?

Thank you very much for a response,

Ami.

Edited by Ami

54 minutes ago, Ami said:

1. Is populated higher than 600 souls (excluding boxes, shops)? Yes, the population here is at least twice the l2 classic 4game

2. Premium is required to open a box? Unless you have 2 computers, yes

3. How are the updates? Any word on 2.0? There's no official info on that.

4. Free NG weapon + herbs till lv 40 are still in game? Yes

5. Does 30-40% speak English? Yeah, you will have to deal with hordes of russians however, and many of their clans are pure cancer. 4game in this regard is superior since russians have their own server. And lets be honest russian community isnt very friendly.

6. Do u like your administration? Are bots being hunted or they are a plague?Administration sells artificially spawned  enchanted weapons on auction house, so weapon market is a bit fucked up. Bots are being hunted, so you wont see any bots, so thats a plus compared to 4game.

7. Are there new players joining in? I have seen 76 being the top level, with that being said its not worse than any classic alternative .   Theres many old players leaving and new players joining all the time, so you shouldnt have trouble finding people to play with. It's a long term project, so people come and go. And currently this server has all time high player count.

8. Why would you recommend this server? If you dont want to be spending at least 20 euro a month l2 subscriptions this is the server for you, since if you have 2 pcs you can have 2 accounts for free.As for rmt, lets face it, l2 off has it, this server has it. RMT is part of core l2 gameplay and there isnt much to be changed about that. This server just made it easier for legit players to rmt and sell their gear to others.

10. It's not exactly OFF based, not in 100% anyway so let me ask you - are DD's viable (if so which), say I run main+box, -> what would u recommend or I should go for a Mage/Archer instead?

11. With rates being x3, is it a problem to play necro (considering cost of the bones)? adena rates are x2 i believe, you wont be soloing alot as necro since its too pricy but if you level with aoe entirely its as good as any nuker. And once 2.0 hits necro will be number 1 pvp class so.

14. With x3 and avg. 4h/day I'd much rather keep playing here, what do u think about that time is it possible to reach level 40/52 quickly? 40 is quick, about 20h of pure exp in aoe party, now actual online time may vary alot from 50-100h to actually reach lvl 40 due to the fact that its quite tricky to find a party(tanks being rare commodity since not many want to play one) Which also means that if you do play a tank, you will find party instantly and level faster than any nuker could possibly do.

15. Is it possible to drop DW and other books or rate being x3 is still extremely low? spoil rates are x1

edit:

16. With 4h being the avg playtime per day and possibly with buff box in pt at least till 52 is a dd good choice or the diff between mage grind necro/sh/sorc is so big I should roll a mage instead? assuming you play only few hours a day, archer might be even better option than mage. Kill 1 or 2 raidboss a day with archer, and you will get some sweet exp + drops.

Ami.

• Like 1

1. Don't think so.

2.Yes.

3.I saw some words, just words.

4. Yes.

5. Yes.

6. I think they do what they can do.

7. I think few newbies.

8. I dont.

9. There are some, but it's fading away.

10. Its not off based. Dont understand what do you mean. DDs are always viable, what ever you want.

11. No problem to play necro, you can use general mage attack before 40 lvl and CDL after 50 lvl.

12. Dont play L2 anymore.

13. There are a lot of international clans in both sides. Epic always go to the TOP players.

14. 2 international sides as I know now.

14. 4h a day, 2 weeks to 40, a mounth to 52.

15. I dropped DW for 2 days farm.

16. Write me PM instead - I ll tell you what to do)

Edited by MrProphet
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Ami said:

Most certainly, just 2 weeks ago we hit the record of 2k+, without shops and dualboxes it should still be well over 1k

2 hours ago, Ami said:

Well... There're other illegal ways but it's not worth trying imo.

2 hours ago, Ami said:

Hopefully before 2100 xD Many of us were kinda expecting it before 2017, but at this point it's impossible to say

2 hours ago, Ami said:

No-Grade weapon yes, if you mean XP +20% herbs then also yes (bad drop rate though). There're no buff herbs.

2 hours ago, Ami said:

I'd say well over 50%

2 hours ago, Ami said:

Admins are cool, they really seem to care about the project. The problem is that they're too greedy in the auction house which kinda damages the gameplay...

2 hours ago, Ami said:

7. Are there new players joining in? I have seen 76 being the top level, with that being said its not worse than any classic alternative soso

New players are definitely joining at a decent rate; considering it's a year and half old server, it's amazing to see newbies in starting villages now and then. Often I see some low level parties in party matching for ~30 RBs or AoE.

2 hours ago, Ami said:

Well, If you want hardcore L2 then this is the best free Classic server to play on right now.

2 hours ago, Ami said:

As I said above, there's been record online, and it's been during siege. I've seen many people taking a break before rejoining at 2.0 update though.

2 hours ago, Ami said:

Well for high level PvP, in 2.0 the mages will be pretty much the only viable option, unless admins come with some radical solution to all these highly enchanted mage weapons... On the other hand though, for PvE, there should be this massive boost coming in 2.0 for fighters:

Othell’s Rune P. Critical Rate +75 +100 +125 +150 +175 +200 +225 +250 +275 +300 +325 +350 +375
P. Critical Damage +20 +97 +114 +131 +148 +165 +182 +199 +216 +233 +251 +268 +285

^These numbers you're seeing don't actually miss decimal point. With a decent lv. ~7 rune it won't be a problem to get ~350 crit rate with any weapon, which will be HUGE for a quick farming. Unless devs nerf it, you won't even need buffer as much for solo farming :)

2 hours ago, Ami said:

11. With rates being x3, is it a problem to play necro (considering cost of the bones)?

I don't think that should be a problem... Before you reach 40 there should be some event coming up where you'll be able to get ugly rich for early levels.

2 hours ago, Ami said:

Well, if I were to start anew, I'd have probably gone for a spoiler first... To get some stuff for the beginning :)

2 hours ago, Ami said:

13. Are there any INTERNATIONAL/ENG clans a sides to this server, taking down epics or all goes to TOP players (RU etc)?

I'd say all clans which take down epic raids redistribute the jewels to highest ranking members first... Though I don't know the policy of other clans, so anyone is free to correct me on this one.

2 hours ago, Ami said:

14. With x3 and avg. 4h/day I'd much rather keep playing here, what do u think about that time is it possible to reach level 40/52 quickly?

4h a day is very solid time, you should be able to reach 52 in a month or less.

2 hours ago, Ami said:

15. Is it possible to drop DW and other books or rate being x3 is still extremely low? 

Well it's possible, but the drop rate is very low so it's being sold at very high price...

2 hours ago, Ami said:

16. With 4h being the avg playtime per day and possibly with buff box in pt at least till 52 is a dd good choice or the diff between mage grind necro/sh/sorc is so big I should roll a mage instead?

It would be nice to get some admins' info how Othell's Rune will look like in 2.0... Because if it's going to be the official way, aka +75, +100 etc., then DDs will actually farm solo faster than mages.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, SpoiLBerserk said:

Don't you get tired answering, omg!, 16 questions, people? And for what in reward? :D

possible new player ;) 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, SpoiLBerserk said:

So u want to raise online by 1? It's worth to answer 16 questions?

u know once ppl start to play here, and see the server is good, they might recommend it to their friends to come play here with them, so its not usually just by 1

yep, totally worth it

27 minutes ago, SpoiLBerserk said:

So u want to raise online by 1? It's worth to answer 16 questions?

Why 1? People that enter forums cannot see this topic - cause its exclusive to  me or smth?
Nah, those are sensitive questions that by being answered, give a good indication for all that consider playing here.

Thx for answers.

5 minutes ago, Ami said:

Why 1? People that enter forums cannot see this topic - cause its exclusive to  me or smth?
Nah, those are sensitive questions that by being answered, give a good indication for all that consider playing here.

Thx for answers.

Yes, it's exclusive. Because those who play know this answers and don't need them. And those who haven't played yet, start new topics instead of searching forum like u did.

Edited by SpoiLBerserk

6 minutes ago, SpoiLBerserk said:

Yes, it's exclusive. Because those who play know this answers and don't need them. And those who haven't played yet, start new topics instead of searching forum like u did.

I searched the forums actually, which u can see in my questions, some of them being suggestive based on the forum posts I've read.

You don't want to answer, don't answer - I don't really get it, what's the point for you to get up in the morning, say nothing of substance in topic u dislike? :D 

You are just wasting your time and my time, don't want to - don't reply. Someone wants to - replies as friendly fellows above did. Or spam, it's fine its your time you are wasting after all :)

Furthermore, server is 1 yr+ old, I need up-to-date info and there are lots of pots to go through, so not really feasible to get all the answer I wanted going through search button.

Edited by Ami
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Ami said:

I searched the forums actually, which u can see in my questions, some of them being suggestive based on the forum posts I've read.

You don't want to answer, don't answer - I don't really get it, what's the point for you to get up in the morning, say nothing of substance in topic u dislike? :D 

You are just wasting your time and my time, don't want to - don't reply. Someone wants to - replies as friendly fellows above did. Or spam, it's fine its your time you are wasting after all :)

;)

Don't u worry about my time) But demanding ppl to make u a whole report  with 16 questions and say you don't feel yourself "exclusive". Don't lie to yourself)

Edited by SpoiLBerserk

23 minutes ago, SpoiLBerserk said:

Don't u worry about my time) But demanding ppl to make u a whole report  with 16 questions and say you don't feel yourself "exclusive". Don't lie to yourself)

That's where you made a mistake, I did not demand anything :).

Edited by Ami

22 minutes ago, Ami said:

That's where you made a mistake, I did not demand anything :).

Of course:D, forgot about that. LOL.

4 hours ago, Ami said:

Hello, I'm considering this server as a place to play and stay for longer.

14. How many sides are there (and which nationality/clans do they represent)

edit:

Ami.

Edited by SpoiLBerserk

3 hours ago, SpoiLBerserk said:

You're getting too worked up about such small stuff man xD

a) search is super annoying here with the "please wait 2 years before attempting another search" feature and b) he had some fair questions which I'm not sure if were even discussed before.

4 hours ago, Rizos said:

Mby its koukou or mordekayzer type of player, so in this case mby better to discourage him? :|

I missed something about Koukou, plz give me link to catch it.

1 hour ago, FryderykChopin said:

You're getting too worked up about such small stuff man xD

a) search is super annoying here with the "please wait 2 years before attempting another search" feature and b) he had some fair questions which I'm not sure if were even discussed before.

Well, maybe it's small stuff, don't argue about that) But 16!!! questions? There's a lot of insignificant questions which author could answer himself, but he decided not to load his brain, and instead to load yours. Also questions:

"8. Why would you recommend this server? 12. Anything you would add, that would be useful for a new player?"

show that he feel like some kind of "special client", which will only play if u'll politely invite him here. What a self-importance every newbie has! And it's cause u don't hesitate to answer to every of them for 1000th time.

Topic starter needs not answers, he need full report about all the minor details the server has) Cause he's about to invest about 2 billion $ and want to know if its worth it to invest it here.

Edited by SpoiLBerserk

1 hour ago, SpoiLBerserk said:

Well, maybe it's small stuff, don't argue about that) But 16!!! questions? There's a lot of insignificant questions which author could answer himself, but he decided not to load his brain, and instead to load yours. Also questions:

"8. Why would you recommend this server? 12. Anything you would add, that would be useful for a new player?"

show that he feel like some kind of "special client", which will only play if u'll politely invite him here. What a self-importance every newbie has! And it's cause u don't hesitate to answer to every of them for 1000th time.

Well normally I'd agree, but classic is completely different deal compared to other chronicles - it's not like the old chunks where you had fun for few weeks and then jumped another server; when you're deciding for a classic server, you're preparing yourself for X months of playing on a single server... I don't blame him for having a lot of questions :)

1 hour ago, SpoiLBerserk said:

Well, maybe it's small stuff, don't argue about that) But 16!!! questions?

16!!! = 58 240, he asked only 16 questions :( 

13 minutes ago, MoDoy said:

16!!! = 58 240, he asked only 16 questions :( 

Plz dont try to use math here if you have zero clue :P

10 minutes ago, Kure said:

Plz dont try to use math here if you have zero clue :P

so where exactly did i make mistake?

14 hours ago, Tankas said:

14. With x3 and avg. 4h/day I'd much rather keep playing here, what do u think about that time is it possible to reach level 40/52 quickly? 40 is quick, about 20h of pure exp in aoe party, now actual online time may vary alot from 50-100h to actually reach lvl 40 due to the fact that its quite tricky to find a party(tanks being rare commodity since not many want to play one) Which also means that if you do play a tank, you will find party instantly and level faster than any nuker could possibly do.

its really random, i myself have started here about a week ago and lvl'd as tank but i dont think ive had more then 2 grps from 1-40, there is hardly any ppl below 40, you only really see 1-2 aoe grps pr day and 1-3 rb grps pr day, problem is that most of thoes grps are alts and for the most part they just need 1 class and if your not what they need better hope another grp shows up or its more solo.

the sub 40 zones are empty so its not a problem soloing aslong as you prepare to get pk'd 10-15 times aday, this server is byfar the worse ive ever seen when it comes to high lvl red's pking in sub 40 zones, ive even run into grps of reds killing lowbies and thats just sad and iam sure it scares alot of ppl away.

once you hit 40 there seems to be more grps atleast in the late 40's it seems.

only real problem ive encountered on here in the week or so ive been here is the massive Oe'd weapons and as others point out the server admins is at fault here becourse they got greedy, its a shame and if your not willing to spend alot of moneh on this server your not gonna be able to compete for a very long time.

but hey its l2 if it was easy everyone would play it!

Edited by valkynic