straido

Gladiator dyes

Hello I'm new to classic and I was wondering, with all the changes in dyes, being able to go +12 on a single stat and STR not affecting skill crit chance, what would be the optimal selection of dyes for gladiator pve and pvp wise. I assumed that one could go +12str-15dex for pve but wouldn't that be painful? You would get the p.atk but lose a ton of acc, crit chance, and attk. speed. From what I've read for pvp the suggested way to go was +12con-15dex. Either way could someone who has experience in classic, has tested things out and see how they work provide some suggestions and alternatives? Thank you in advance.

Edit: I forgot to say that I do not have recharge available, so my reservations regarding reducing dex that much are mana related, provided that there are no herbs either so no skill spamming.

Edited by straido

6 hours ago, straido said:

I assumed that one could go +12str-15dex for pve but wouldn't that be painful? You would get the p.atk but lose a ton of acc, crit chance, and attk. speed.

For aoe and pvp it doesnt matter much, since skills do not depend on accuracy, critical rate. You will care tho about your atack speed, since being the first one to stun does matter. For single mob killing, +str is better dps than +dex . You will kill faster with +12str-15dex than without dyes

6 hours ago, straido said:

From what I've read for pvp the suggested way to go was +12con-15dex.

Yes. You will be fine for both pvp and aoe with that. Also you can go [+8 con +4 str -15 dex] or [+4con +8str -15 dex], balancing dps/tankiness with your needs, thats how i understand it

Edited by Cyane

+4 CON -5 DEX / +4 STR -5 DEX / +4 WIT -5 INT

+ bw heavy armor

for PVE (AOE): full +STR -CON / -DEX

Edited by Anytime

1 hour ago, Anytime said:

Why need a gladiator tattoo + WIT?

I would put the tattoo +12 strength and -15 dexterity.

3 hours ago, Anytime said:

+ bw heavy armor

for PVE (AOE): full +STR -CON / -DEX

and that is why you sux buddy ;)

1 hour ago, HellHound said:

Nah.. You just think you're good while played on a bugged-classic server. Wit dyes are pretty good in gladiator vs mages. You always talk about 1v1 which is not lineage2. Go back to your cave.

11 hours ago, straido said:

Hello I'm new to classic and I was wondering, with all the changes in dyes, being able to go +12 on a single stat and STR not affecting skill crit chance, what would be the optimal selection of dyes for gladiator pve and pvp wise. I assumed that one could go +12str-15dex for pve but wouldn't that be painful? You would get the p.atk but lose a ton of acc, crit chance, and attk. speed. From what I've read for pvp the suggested way to go was +12con-15dex. Either way could someone who has experience in classic, has tested things out and see how they work provide some suggestions and alternatives? Thank you in advance.

Edit: I forgot to say that I do not have recharge available, so my reservations regarding reducing dex that much are mana related, provided that there are no herbs either so no skill spamming.

For PVE Choose the +12 str with PL or BW set, for pvp take a doom set with shield for blocking magic skills (Which mages are doing 1/3 MC, sometimes 100% instead of 1/10 rate) and you can +8 str -3 con -4 dex, +4 wit -int or if you don't like this +3 con -3 dex

• Like 1

12 hours ago, straido said:

the downside of going for -15 dex is that you'll suffer until lv72, when you get the 2nd lv of duelist spirit, so with that you can manage to balance the loss in atk speed.

critical chance and accuracy will still be crappy, but at least u always have the toggle for accuracy that you can use if you're really missing too much( althou you would want to avoid mobs with evasion passives to begin with ).

for solo pve, you may consider just going for -con instead of -dex starting from lv40, otherwise you'll be hitting like a potato until you reach higher levels.

as for STR/CON stacking, let's see:

u get around 450-500 more damage on skills with +12 STR, so that build works in every situation, be it pve or pvp.

with +CON builds you'll be more tanky, wich is always helpful when fighting mages, but you'll also deal less damage compared to +STR builds.

needless to say that the loss in damage will also have negative effects on your mana pool, since you'll need more mp to kill people, unless you get lucky with criticals.

random example: gladiator skills mp usage range from 87 to 102mp more or less after lv70, so if you have around 1300mp without bless the soul, mana will indeed go off quickly. even further without clarity.

usually it takes 3-4 skills to kill robes/archers, however that number will surely go up depending on the other classes you're fighting.

in group/mass pvp, when you've already killed 2-3 people and there's no rechargers around, you're basicly done with your work.

+CON may be better suited for solo pvp, or group pvp if you're rushing the enemy together with other tanks in first line.

for mass pvp, forget it. no matter what dyes you have, anything that goes under 900 range and gets focused by enemy fire, usually dies after 4-5 seconds.

i still prefer +STR anyway, since your main role when playing gladi is to actually kill people, not tank them( otherwise you may want to consider playing a tank instead ). it is a bit more risky than +CON builds, as you have a lower/default hp pool, but you can always take healers with you.

hybrid builds may work as well. i said "may" because they tend to be very situational and not always reliable, wich is also why i'm not really a fan of mixing different stuff together, unless i consider it worthy.

i prefer just maxing one stat and benefit from it in any situation, but that's just me.

in the end, it's all up to your preferences. if you have a good party to back you up( and that's really all that matters in classic ), you can enjoy the game regardless of dyes setup anyway.

[edit] on a side note: if you wanted to compare STR gladi vs CON gladi by any chance, forget it.

i say this not to sound like an ass, but simply because in gladi vs gladi matches all that matters are 3 things: luck with stuns, luck with criticals, and luck with evading skills. no more, no less.

there's no amount of player skills involved that will save you from luck going bad, so just consider it as playing with a slot machine, 'cause that's what really is 20.gif

Edited by Arcanum

Is u solo farm go +12 str-15 con to max ur dps. If u farm in aoe pt +pvp from time to time go +12 str -15 dex (if u dont pvp then keep -con)

After 70+ you can consider hybrid +con +str- dex.

Str also gives crit chance of skills (if not bugged), but not much https://4gameforum.com/threads/562841/

Edited by Rizos

true although from what I've read the chance increase is miniscule, 1,8% in a +12 str increase iirc

but yeah losing all the dex now seems bad for all the akt. speed and acc loss

Edited by straido

14 hours ago, HellHound said:

wasnt you that guy who "got" a lv. 74 Bladedancer or something and classchanged it to Gladiator and made Nickchange? :$

didnt see you on Battlefield for the last 100000 years.

so .. please stfu

Edited by Anytime
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, Phoenix said:

Nerf to +5... ?

Dyes stay +12, it dont will nerfed on +5.Info from San0.

I give u 50 warning points for bad info. U can clean for some your picture with me on Girans throne. ?

29 minutes ago, Anytime said:

wasnt you that guy who "got" a lv. 74 Bladedancer or something and classchanged it to Gladiator and made Nickchange? :$

didnt see you on Battlefield for the last 100000 years.

so .. please stfu

Because never want play with him. ?

On 16.03.2017 at 10:29 AM, straido said:

I m playing on glady, at my 70 lvl i m doing solo single target+aoe+pvp and best for me now +4 CON + 8 STR - dex + OE duals and 2 heavy sets.

Have good count of HP + CP, good P.Att.

Early on low lvls till 65 i was full STR  - dex, and i didnt have any big problems to do solo farming, never try do +dex (i was all time on pp buffs)

5 hours ago, Rizos said:

Is u solo farm go +12 str-15 con to max ur dps. If u farm in aoe pt +pvp from time to time go +12 str -15 dex (if u dont pvp then keep -con)

After 70+ you can consider hybrid +con +str- dex.

Str also gives crit chance of skills (if not bugged), but not much https://4gameforum.com/threads/562841/

Dont forget, he is melee fighter, not archer :) if he do full str - con to max dps he will die all time :_)

In the end, I think I will go for +str-con as for now. Only because I'm too low level and not interested in pvping, rather leveling for now and pvping later. I think I did mention that I do have a pp (can throw an emergency heal if required) and I plan to go for PL set for now before B grade. So perhaps not +12 - 15 but +8 -10 would be fine if I hunt mobs that aren't spellcasters either. Thank you all for the info. :)

Edited by straido

8 minutes ago, straido said:

In the end, I think I will go for +str-con as for now. Only because I'm too low level and not interested in pvping, rather leveling for now and pvping later. I think I did mention that I do have a pp (can throw an emergency heal if required) and I plan to go for PL set for now before B grade. So perhaps not +12 - 15 but +8 -10 would be fine if I hunt mobs that aren't spellcasters either. Thank you all for the info. :)

- con and light set PL for solo single target? (o_O) you will die under the mobs

11 minutes ago, seiva said:

- con and light set PL for solo single target? (o_O) you will die under the mobs

10 minutes ago, straido said:

it will probly be just like playing an abyss walker :D will find out soon enough

Death Deal Certification -50% :x

7 minutes ago, Anytime said:

Death Deal Certification -50% :x

Hello, dear :) for this options better -80% but will be like old joke:

"At a gas station:
Mister, can you damp the car, otherwise we do not have time to fill the tank"

2 hours ago, seiva said:

I m playing on glady, at my 70 lvl i m doing solo single target+aoe+pvp and best for me now +4 CON + 8 STR - dex + OE duals and 2 heavy sets.

Have good count of HP + CP, good P.Att.

Early on low lvls till 65 i was full STR  - dex, and i didnt have any big problems to do solo farming, never try do +dex (i was all time on pp buffs)

Dont forget, he is melee fighter, not archer :) if he do full str - con to max dps he will die all time :_)

I exped aw -15 con and didnt die, and gladi has more p def/hp. Try to get vampiric rage, with +12 str + pl set you will have that much dps that you regen hp well from vr

Edited by Rizos

18 hours ago, SOiL said:

Nah.. You just think you're good while played on a bugged-classic server. Wit dyes are pretty good in gladiator vs mages. You always talk about 1v1 which is not lineage2. Go back to your cave.

For PVE Choose the +12 str with PL or BW set, for pvp take a doom set with shield for blocking magic skills (Which mages are doing 1/3 MC, sometimes 100% instead of 1/10 rate) and you can +8 str -3 con -4 dex, +4 wit -int or if you don't like this +3 con -3 dex

I like my cave... ;)