Sylvant

what means "driver" regarding CP's

People that plays a high level character, but don't own it cause it belongs to the cp (cp have email account, so character cannot be stolen). Thats what i understand

imagine you are going for a trip but you dont have a car good enough for that trip, and your friend say "yo, you can take mine, just give it back to me after the trip finishes"

is basicly the same, you join a CP and they have their chars, so instead of having your own char you just "drive" one of their chars, when you decide to stop or if they decide they dont like the way you play etc, CP keeps the char and tries to find someone else to "drive" that char.

you will not have the work of lvling one but you will also not own one.

Depends on the system your cp plays, but usually it means that you get to "drive" a certain character that is "owned" by the cp/cp leader so it can't be stolen. It's mostly used for support chars so as long as you play with the CP you have your character but if you decide to quit, the CP doesn't lose the support character and doesn't get crippled.

Basically it's a symbiotic relationship - You don't have to level a character and you can instantly jump into action, while the CP has more security over their characters in case people quit playing.

Edit: Forgot to mentio some cp's have more than 9 ppl and have extra drivers, which means if someone is missing the "Driver" plays whatever is needed for the party to work.

Edited by BlackJack

thanks for the detailed answers. I thought its someone that just play occasionally(on his own char), but it turned out to be more complicated ;P

On 4/10/2017 at 5:50 PM, BlackJack said:

Depends on the system your cp plays, but usually it means that you get to "drive" a certain character that is "owned" by the cp/cp leader so it can't be stolen. It's mostly used for support chars so as long as you play with the CP you have your character but if you decide to quit, the CP doesn't lose the support character and doesn't get crippled.

Basically it's a symbiotic relationship - You don't have to level a character and you can instantly jump into action, while the CP has more security over their characters in case people quit playing.

Edit: Forgot to mentio some cp's have more than 9 ppl and have extra drivers, which means if someone is missing the "Driver" plays whatever is needed for the party to work.

Wouldnt it be risky to trust unknown person with account anyways since he could just steal gear from the toon ?

1 hour ago, Vro06 said:

Wouldnt it be risky to trust unknown person with account anyways since he could just steal gear from the toon ?

usually when u inv driver, u put some basic equip on it until the time he builds trust (yes, after that he can still scam u, but thats life)

example: your main BD quuts with doom heavy armor, bo jewels and sls*sls +5

when u invite driver u put on it some C jewels, full plate armor and D/low C duals while leader keeps main equip, once he builds trust, u start to gear him

well, for me "driver" means only one thing in l2. lets say you can play only until 8 pm and most if not all of your cp is playing until 12 pm, so the "driver" logs in your account and continues doing whatever your cp was doing. that's my understanding of a "driver"