Sign in to follow this  
Aja69

Gatekeeper to be or not to be on CS.

I am starting this topic just to share my insights. I do not hope for something to change.

During a few CS (castle sieges) in which I participated, I saw, that the most powerful ally on server move like one big organism and using GK (gatekeeper) to jump quickly from one castle to another. I am used to be not able use this GK teleport during a CS. And on all server it have effect, that even if you have the most powerful force on server you had have to split it in different castle and the enemy fight only with part of your forces, so even the second one have opportunity to have castle. It also have consequence that the pvp was smaller but a lot more frequent. During CS here all clans just teleport from one city to another and the pvp comes 10 minutes before end. And because the stronger ally can quickly response on threat before the conqueror can  secure positions and take over the castle it could be little uncomfortably for other to take over castle early during castle siege.

Have any-one same experience as me, and do you think that the quick response time during CS could be problem for pvp?

BTW. What about adding transformation scroll as event reward to help support to lvl up, if there is buff-scroll to take away their job?

so if we delete teleporting during the sieges, pvp will be more frequent? not like instead of wasting 1 minute to get back on the battlefield u will spend 15 mins running from town so u can soe and appear in another town

dunno, i dont think this will bring more pvp, but the opposite of it, but i might be wrong

• Like 1

I don't know, I just have experience that with normal castle rules (no teleport) I used to have more fight during CS and have the ability to take over castle before reinforcements comes.

1) there is tp to hunting zones 2)free tp to GH 3) soe to castle 4)cameras on hunting zones.

With the current quantities it will not help a lot. Just clever distribution all war b\w castles+cameras will make all the work.

It will not make more pvps - it will just improve the chances of weaker side to have castle too. But it will be interesting to see, at least some change.

5 minutes ago, kktnxbye said:

1) there is tp to hunting zones 2)free tp to GH 3) soe to castle 4)cameras on hunting zones.

so thats really fair :D lets block tps to villages but lets leave tp to GH so **** giran castle 

Edited by MoDoy

in previous chronicles teleports were locked for the reasons already explained above, althou i'm not sure if it's the same on offi classic.

clan halls also played a major role back in the days for castle sieges, while at the moment they're here just for bsoes and exp recovery on death. strategic position for sieges is irrelevant at the moment.

i believe this discussion about TP locks has also already taken place in this forum before, althou no changes were considered so far, and thus TPs are still free during sieges as well.

i wouldn't mind getting the old system back, since that way any side could manage to get at least one castle each despite of their numbers.

but being realistic, nothing will change anytime soon. and surely not with 2.0 approaching, since there's a thousand more priorities on the line.

There were priests , from where u can port with AA , witch was pritty usefull for sieges . 

11 minutes ago, Arcanum said:

clan halls also played a major role back in the days for castle sieges, while at the moment they're here just for bsoes and exp recovery on death. strategic position for sieges is irrelevant at the moment.

Also this .

Classic sieges are all about fast regroups and out manuevering your enemies. If you watch gran kain sieges you will see that castles change hands like 15 timew during the duration.

Its all fast regouping and positioning. Ofc more numbers means more disorganization.

A smaller crew can regroup faster if they are well organized. Party recalls are king frandz.

• Like 1