Sign in to follow this  
DesertEagle0.50

Necromancer

Hi, I am currently playing necro, lvl 44. It is my first time playing this character and till 2nd transfer it was pretty clear, you know, just blaze. But after second transfer and higher lvls comes more options. I want to ask you about some kind of guide, how to play necro effectively on both sides of this game, PvE and PvP. At the moment I have available quite many spells and summons, but it feels to me like it is complicated (at least in comparison with different nukers like SH, SPS.. ) Thanks for any advices and replies.

13 minutes ago, DesertEagle0.50 said:

Hi, I am currently playing necro, lvl 44. It is my first time playing this character and till 2nd transfer it was pretty clear, you know, just blaze. But after second transfer and higher lvls comes more options. I want to ask you about some kind of guide, how to play necro effectively on both sides of this game, PvE and PvP. At the moment I have available quite many spells and summons, but it feels to me like it is complicated (at least in comparison with different nukers like SH, SPS.. ) Thanks for any advices and replies.

Well Death spikes is your main dmg spell that need curse bone( buy them from hardins,hope you got plenty adena necro is an expensive character) the best thing you can do atm is find aoe pt if they accept you till you get corpse burst( aoe skill used in dead bodies) at low lvl 1 by 1 exp i dont think is worth later on  go forest of mirrors try cdl with  a SE  and hunt shaman monster the type of monster w.o drops but boosted  xp.
P.S IF i confuse you  and got more questions pm in game Ganjarockzzz

26 minutes ago, GanjaRockzZz said:

Well Death spikes is your main dmg spell that need curse bone( buy them from hardins,hope you got plenty adena necro is an expensive character)

only until u reach CDL or AoE, then its not really expensive in PvE (and in pvp u dont cast so many death spikes until its over anyway) :D

47 minutes ago, DesertEagle0.50 said:

You should spend the time between 36-48 farming your books in sea of spores to save adena , anchor/silence/CDL. Anchor especially has awful drop rate and can take many hours. So combining exp + useful farm is best option. After 50 you can solo farm CDL at a spot you like, i like farming EWC's for adena in cruma personally, but they were abit more expensive back then. If you have a sws/tank friend you can do 2-3man pulls in EV since necro aoe has no target cap, this will maximize exp especially if you are leveling se/ee box.

On the high levels it all depends on your prime time/which side you fight for etc. But farming on aoe or with cdl is the only way to not lose adena or make no adena at all. Bones are expensive as fuck.

About pvp , I will shamelessly plug my own recent pvp videos as I think i play on a decent level:

16 minutes ago, BlackJack said:

Thank you all for your advices, especially Blackjack, it was really comprehensive answer. I know about SoS as the place of dropping these Spellbooks, but I am 44 and still dont have the Anchor one and exp here is already much slower than somewhere else, but I guess I must prefer the drop before exp in this case, if I dont want to waste kks of adena on books. Maybe one more issue - dyes. I went with +4 WIT -5MEN +4 INT -5 MEN +4 CON -5 STR.

Edited by DesertEagle0.50
forgot some facts

4 minutes ago, DesertEagle0.50 said:

Thank you all for your advices, especially Blackjack, it was really comprehensive answer. I know about SoS as the place of dropping these Spellbooks, but I am 44 and still dont have the Anchor one and exp here is already much slower than somewhere else, but I guess I must prefer the drop before exp in this case, if I dont want to waste kks of adena on books. Maybe one more issue - dyes. I went with +4 WIT -5MEN +4 INT -5 MEN +4 CON -5 STR.

Yes no +5 cap on classic chronicle so mages go + 12wit, altough you  can see in one of the movies i play with +12 con on my necro and only cast debuffs ^^. I also made same dyes as you did when i started playing here, but slowly i removed them 1 by 1 in favour of +wit.

7 minutes ago, BlackJack said:

Yes no +5 cap on classic chronicle so mages go + 12wit, altough you  can see in one of the movies i play with +12 con on my necro and only cast debuffs ^^. I also made same dyes as you did when i started playing here, but slowly i removed them 1 by 1 in favour of +wit.

Yes, I think with increasing lvl I will do the same and will go for more WIT. One more question. Corrupted vs Reanimated mans. First one is used for PvP as he has actual spell, the second one for PvE as great tank  ? 

Just now, DesertEagle0.50 said:

Yes, I think with increasing lvl I will do the same and will go for more WIT. One more question. Corrupted vs Reanimated mans. First one is used for PvP as he has actual spell, the second one for PvE as great tank  ? 

Until 74 level only corrupted man and leave reanimated at level 1, when you aoe mobs with high hp you summon reanimated level 1, kill it with death spike and explode the corpse to deal aoe damage to all mobs, Otherwise you have to single target down mobs which will be very tough if u dont have at least 3-4 dd's in party. It's also the best way to aoe as necromancer in loa at lower levels/gear. At 74 you will probably lack a lot of sp ( i still havent learned all my skills and im 76 ) but you can choose leveing the reanimated man or getting something like curse weakness or curse disease( I dont have sp for those either <_< ). The reanimated man has 2500 hp more or something like that more than the corrupted man so it's better damage soaker for pain transfer in pvp's you are getting focused. Their damage is pretty weak since no soulshots.

2 minutes ago, BlackJack said:

Until 74 level only corrupted man and leave reanimated at level 1, when you aoe mobs with high hp you summon reanimated level 1, kill it with death spike and explode the corpse to deal aoe damage to all mobs, Otherwise you have to single target down mobs which will be very tough if u dont have at least 3-4 dd's in party. It's also the best way to aoe as necromancer in loa at lower levels/gear. At 74 you will probably lack a lot of sp ( i still havent learned all my skills and im 76 ) but you can choose leveing the reanimated man or getting something like curse weakness or curse disease( I dont have sp for those either <_< ). The reanimated man has 2500 hp more or something like that more than the corrupted man so it's better damage soaker for pain transfer in pvp's you are getting focused. Their damage is pretty weak since no soulshots.

Ok, really thanks for your help. Maybe in some doubts I will try to contact you again :D:) GL !

1 minute ago, DesertEagle0.50 said:

Ok, really thanks for your help. Maybe in some doubts I will try to contact you again :D:) GL !

Sure, give me a whisper "dajtovillage in game if you need any futher help. Im mostly online at evenings.

5 hours ago, DesertEagle0.50 said:

On high lvl sps is not PR as well. Frost,blizzard,ice bolt, freezing shackle, aura flash,hydra,solar flare, cancel are used in every pvp. Also sps\sph are not forgive any mistake cause they are thin. About cheap class - sps use aura flash for aoe it cost 3 spirit ore every hit.It's ~1500a every 2 seconds. Better play necro.

1 hour ago, kktnxbye said:

On high lvl sps is not PR as well. Frost,blizzard,ice bolt, freezing shackle, aura flash,hydra,solar flare, cancel are used in every pvp. Also sps\sph are not forgive any mistake cause they are thin. About cheap class - sps use aura flash for aoe it cost 3 spirit ore every hit.It's ~1500a every 2 seconds. Better play necro.

darkside, darkside, darkside

Hello, 

Im also new at necro, this little guide help me alot.

@BlackJack, can You tell smt about usefull macros on necro for pvp ? 

The idea with using corpse burst at summon is perfect, but maybe there is any way to make it more simple with macro ? 

best regards.

Edited by Nerfyo

4 hours ago, Nerfyo said:

Hello, 

Im also new at necro, this little guide help me alot.

@BlackJack, can You tell smt about usefull macros on necro for pvp ? 

The idea with using corpse burst at summon is perfect, but maybe there is any way to make it more simple with macro ? 

best regards.

I dont play necro in a mage party so i never aoe but it should be pretty single macro summon new pet + petattack + target pet, from there u death spike it burst it. For macros i use all on force. I think more important is to have good keybinds cuze necro has a lot more skills than most classes.