Revan011

Need help with class choise

Hello,

Ive played l2 a very long time ago. I want to start playing here, but i have hard time choosing class. Im mostly solo player with one support (PP i guess), and i like doing world pvp here and there, but eventually im planning to join clan and participate in CW. At first i wanted to make DA, but got bored around 24 lvl and created orc raider to level Destro, but then a lot people is trying to say that they are worthless in PVP. My question is should i make HE or try to level class i want to, even its not very viable.

Edited by Revan011

I would say that destro really good even now, but for sure, in 2.0 destroyer will be in A really High demand like in old Interlude :D

Tyrant is the warrior with best mobility, and destro with the best endurance. Both work very well in aoe, single farm with pp. In pvp, tyrant is more versatile cause of his agility and range attacks, decent dd using skills. his problem is low debuff resistance unless he has zealot on.

Destro has more problems in openfield pvp to catch enemies, unless he has frenzy + zealot on, which ll make you a very strong close range dd trough autohits.

Both can stunlock, destro is more dependent of gear (pole, blunt, 2hsword at least) and is more an endgame choice. Also there are less destroyers than tyrants.

Create a tank or bd/sws. Its being easier to get invited for both AoE or RBs parties. And later, u can reroll to Rogue/Warrior/Mages as well...

59 minutes ago, Revan011 said:

What can u tell me about glad compared to tyrant?

Until 76 Gladiator is superior in every aspect except aoe. Later on Tyrant learns rush and his own hex, it balances in  the end i think. But someone who main this classes can answer you better. Overall both are great for pvp

Better PR then HE. Better tyr then destr. Glad is tough for mass pvp on open locs - 600 distance skills. Look for Myrciu movies in media section to understand what gladi is. Glad and tyr is good for aoe as well.

On 5/5/2017 at 1:09 AM, kktnxbye said:

Better PR then HE. Better tyr then destr. Glad is tough for mass pvp on open locs - 600 distance skills. Look for Myrciu movies in media section to understand what gladi is. Glad and tyr is good for aoe as well.

why pr is better? HE has aoe... for hex is better? 

the only thing is better is that he looks better i think (my main is PR :))

On 4/5/2017 at 8:08 PM, Cyane said:

Until 76 Gladiator is superior in every aspect except aoe. Later on Tyrant learns rush and his own hex, it balances in  the end i think. But someone who main this classes can answer you better. Overall both are great for pvp

allow me to rephrase it in the proper way:

until 76 and beyond, Gladiator is superior in every aspect except chasing people on long distances( not a joke ).

Later on Tyrant learns rush and his own hex, wich gives him a chance to finally be able to kill Necros before getting debuffed and nuked into oblivion. Force Barrier helps as well.

i'm not saying that to be an asshole anyway, you can just look at any Oly videos on youtube and see for yourself how they do in PvP.

mind that i'm not saying that tyrants are a bad class, since they may be actually quite fun to play if you know how to use them properly.

but comparing them to a Gladiator is like comparing a paper plane with an F-16. you just don't do that.

now, for all that matters:

-Gladiator is currently a top-tier class that's high up in the food chain, second only to DA, Necro and Shamans due to lack of Fear skills;

-it is very versatile, you can play with any dyes you want based on what you prefer to do/how you want to do it, be it PvE or PvP, solo or group;

-it is a class designed for solo/group PvP. in mass PvP you're basicly locked at the usual 600 range limit for melees, so unless you bring a bow with you, you'll run out of mp fast and become pretty much useless. your job in mass PvP is basicly to keep your mana in order to chase down nukers and healers if they're retreating, otherwise you have no other role in that;

-in 2.0 they'll become even more dangerous than what they actually are due to new skills for damage/debuffs resistance, wich will push them even more to the top, second only to DA;

-it's not an easy mode class. despite of what most people think, if you don't learn how to manage sonic forces and skills rotations from early 40s, chances are you'll end up with no mana before killing anything, and you won't manage to survive against Gladiators that know what they're doing.

as for the main thread question: forget about all of what's written above, and play what you prefer. learn how to play it properly, and you'll be just fine.

there's nothing worse than playing lineage 2 with a class you don't like, nor care about.

Edited by Arcanum
  • Like 1

Gladi has op skills but i still prefer tyrant cos of his versatility, better farm potential, much better dps potential with no mana/backfire/suspension, better mobility,  more p def/m def, more hp, faster skill cast speed, much better mp management cos of zealot clarity effect, tool to resist fear(gladi miss it), better burst dmg overall more fun to play atleast for me. With 2.0 rush + stun combo gonna compensate gladis banana stun.

Edited by Olegaj