Porcho

Support for WL: Prophet or Warcryer?

Hi, i'm WL lvl 32 and playing duo with an EE same level. So far doing trains goes smoothly just with EE buffs but we are already seeing this won't be viable at higher lvl.So we thought to make 1 buffer. Question is Prophet or Warcryer?

Back in Interlude was no-brainer VR ruled! You could get 100% HP back if hitting all mobs really quick. I understand it was later nerfed and it sucked.
I believe classic uses the nerfed version and not the interlude version of VR.

So far it seems prophet has ww (ee has this), btb (same as battle roar), bts, bless the shield (don't use shield), various elemental resists.

Warcryer has VR from 44 onwards so long way... SE also has VR earlier but no haste, we need haste.

What do you think? VR sucks go with prophet or as a WL who will only do groups VR will help?

Thank you.

Your best bet is a SE, because of mana recharge, useful buffs and VR. 

Vampiric Rage on this server works on all melee auto attacks, with 100% chance to proc. It won't work on spells or ranged attacks.

1 hour ago, Kure said:

SE...double recharge, all figter buffs except haste pot -- use potion for that

If i'm not mistaken haste pot gives level 1 haste, prophet/wc has level 2 haste. Plus it's free, haste pot drains money more than shots (we are new here) so every penny counts.
I don't think i need double recharge. Most damage comes from physical hits, occasionally stuns but EE+clarity can handle it.

Edited by Porcho

Do you guys every played WL? Doing trains specially. 1 EE is more than enough, you hit with regular auto-attack no need skills except occasional stun.
I'm asking best buffer. SE is not a buffer. I already have EE for recharges, no need MP.

Edited by Porcho

Just now, Porcho said:

Do you guys every played WL? Doing trains specially. 1 EE is more than enough, you hit with regular auto-attack no need skills except occasional stun.

Have you played WL on Classic past lvl 50?

Edited by Lip

1 hour ago, Lip said:

Have you played WL on Classic past lvl 50?

No, i haven't i don't think i'll be spamming skills until MP reaches 0 i never relied on MP as WL.

Edited by Porcho

20 minutes ago, Porcho said:

No, i haven't i don't think i'll be spamming skills until MP reaches 0 i never relied on MP as WL.

You should now. Just wait for 55+ or similar and you will see what im talking about. 

I ask cos all videos i see of classic WL all only spam skills (won't even hit at all just stay there waiting for reuse!).
So i think i'm missing some important piece of information.
I don't want to wait 3 months or whatever it takes me to get there to find out i'm screwed, that's why i made the topic, to know beforehand from people that's already there.
Else i wouldn't have asked.

7 hours ago, Porcho said:

You lost me there. What are you talking about?

It is possible to tank and do aoe with 2 pc. Mobs ll be more per train and they wont even touch wl(you can go +12 str). No heals required means higher efficiency of mp of elven elder. I have lvled that way a wl from 58 to 63 in ab and im still doing it with a sws+ee. It is a posibility.

If you dont like to drive a tank, in higher lvls i agree with what most ppl said: a 2nd recharger(Se) ll be a key to keep you alive and mantain your mp in order to farm non stop. Se has empo which is a welcome for any nuker who may want to join you.

Your skills do more dmg than autohits. Auto hits brake stun from mobs who will stun you, and you regen very little hp from vr. But personaly i use autohits always cause like you said there is a time between reuse times of your skills where you can auto-hit like at least 3 times (with full str it is a good plus dmg)

Edited by Cyane

I recommend you to read this guide for wl duo with ee

https://4gameforum.com/threads/597707/

And check this channel if you like to train with no tank (which is an art i must say and much more fun :) )

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2m289_Dfp9oD3-JRdR5LBg/videos

notice his support classes: 2 rechargers. A pp might increase your killing speed, but what allows you to kill non stop maintaining you hp and mp is a 2nd recharge

Edited by Cyane

I'd argue that EE might in fact be the best duo for warlord at higher levels. You are not going to kill mobs because of focus or death whisper. You aren't even going to need VR because your train is supposed to be stunned, not hitting you. You are going to kill mobs with skills only, clarity and recharge will give you the ability to spam those more than any other duo, you'll also have active heal just in case u missed ur first stun time and got tagged a few times, in case a doom knight stunned u first or smth (shouldn't happen most of the time, and u'll have resist shock for some extra resistance), i'm talking about doom knights because both Seal of Shillien and Fields of massacre are good spots for this duo warlord aoe you're looking for, i'm sure you'll be spending a lot of time there in the future. Maybe it sucks to buy alacrity early on (you might be managing to xp without them, i guess, which is slower but fine to make a little more cash), but eventually it shouldn't be that much trouble to buy them.

Normal attacks are not the way to aoe later on, not at all. Scratch that idea, even when finishing few mobs u might wanna use a skill for over-hit (bonus XP), depending on mana management at the time of course. edit cuz i see u asked up there why skills over attacks: Simply speaking, damage, you'll realize that your skills  do waaaaay more damage.

If you go with PP/WC you'll spend half of your time sitting waiting for MP regen, so it is not a good choice, you most definetly need a recharger. Eventually you'll be making enough adena to pay for a premium account with adena, so you could try to level a PP later and when he has haste u can finally start paying for P.A to use it for extra buffs.

Don't base everything on the lvl 3x knowledge you're getting right now, things will change with higher level skills, 2 aoe stuns, clarity, doom set and everything may actually make ur farm life easier than you're probably having right now. Warlords hit HARD and is not like u gonna solo tanky 7x hp mobs in loa, training 1x/2x hp mobs is what you'll be doing most of the time.

I don't talk from experience myself, but part of my opinion is based on a warlord that used to duo with box EE and did 60-70 pretty fast, here in classic.club.

Edited by weeeeD
  • Like 2

Thank you all for the info! I'm disappointed mana management doesn't exist anymore and the class became this mindless spam of skills...since you can't hit the mobs because it breaks stun. I'll not make any buffer for the time being and start when i see if i can't physically go on. So far WL + Live EE duo is working fine.

As a WL player with alot of solo farming experience in classic i can asure you best option for solo farm is both PP+EE. VR is not that significant, and Clarity is! PP for obvious reasons. Best buffs for both Fighter and Recharger. If you somehow can get a active PP you don't even need healer. you can push with all 3 characters active or 1 of them boxed to 65+ easy.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Porcho said:

I'm disappointed mana management doesn't exist anymore and the class became this mindless spam of skills.

Welcome to classic! Enjoy your stay.

12 hours ago, Porcho said:

Thank you all for the info! I'm disappointed mana management doesn't exist anymore and the class became this mindless spam of skills...since you can't hit the mobs because it breaks stun. I'll not make any buffer for the time being and start when i see if i can't physically go on. So far WL + Live EE duo is working fine.

Actually mana management is now more relevant than always