• 2-handed mystical blunt
  2. 2. For party?

• Robe Armor
    • Light Armor
    • 1-handed physical blunt
    • 2-handed physical blunt
    • 1-handed mystical blunt
    • 2-handed mystical blunt

Hello, im planing to play warcryer when the server comes live (I already have one right now on the OBT), I found the class pretty fun to play, great sustain, great CC and stuff, but I dont rly know if light woth better than robe, some people told me "robe for party, light for solo" but I feel that robe would be better for each of the situations, solo and party.

So what you guys recommend (me and everybody who wants to play WC) as armor and weapon?

robe? light? physical blunt? magic blunt? one handed blunt? 2-handed blunt?

Weapon in classic is whatever you can get honestly, you can use "leftovers" , you have an extra dagger ? duals ? fists ? buffup and your ready to go !!

Not having a blunt means you can't use the stun , and just that. So you may have a preference for a blunt weapon. ( I personally don't early on , and try to go for duals/fists , I use stun mostly for pvp later-on)

Personally I use light or heavy for solo , never robes , since afaik light/heavy give 25% atkspeed , robes don't.
Heavy makes you a lot more tanky and with VR it sometimes is great to be THAT tanky , you have 25% atk speed but your mana suffers.
Light in solo is your "robe" , due to 25%atkspeed + 20%mp regen + castspeed bonus , you can do more drains/dots while killing.

On party it really depends , most of the time I go with light armor ( mp regen ) and help out with dps ( this isn't optimal , I just do it so I don't stand there like a "boxed pp" ).
I use light armor, mainly melee and just use some skills in order to have enough mp for rebuff. But a LOT of people freak out in having an "active" buffer so :P

So fell free to use a robe to have enough mana to buff and re-buff , but WC healing skills aren't that strong and even though you have more mp to use on drains/dots Light gives 20% mp regen ( robes don't ).

So basically in a perfect world I like heavy+light set , but in retail/low rate I have preference for light only.

This is my personal opinion ofc and in no way the 100% optimal way to play.

• Like 1

Here is a point of view for you to consider: can you really afford both?

With robe and some healing to make up for the lack of p.def. you will probably still have more mana though.

Dreaming spirit + DoT + sit might keep you going even longer - if slower.

Go with a party / clan. Make a scavenger or summoner or red Assassin to fool around at odd times when you can't get a decent party.

PS: for blunt stun, keep an apprentice club, or just aim for a staff. You won't be dealing enough damage in party to make it matter anyways.

PPS: blunt > all untill you get some agi and crit buffs, if you can find blunt weak monsters - that is like 1/3 of them at low levels.

PPPS: never mind me, i don't know sh*t about orcs 9_9

robe would work in any situation PvE-wise, simply because it gives you enough mana to buff yourself/your group along with a decent MP pool for spells.

with a 2h mage blunt, you can just play like a mage with debuffs and drain spells in solo PvE. since with blunts you won't loose your stun skill, you could just use stun in group PvE instead of the drain spells in order to save mana for debuffs.

it's probably one of the few buffers that can still exp alone anywhere even after lv40, while others might be forced to exp only where there's undead monsters.

Here are my 2 cents. Warcrier will work very differently in live. Now you are regenerating MP while doing physical attacks. This is a bug and will be adjusted/removed on live. Therefore you will be strugling for MP while leveling. 

For solo you cant go anything else than heavy if you want to melee or you will be sitting for HP/MP all the time. As weapon you will be using anything that has higher dps than what u had before. Being it more atk.speed or more patk.

You wont be able to sleep and dot targets. As it works right now it is a bug and every slept target will be woken up from sleep upon receiving dmg. So robe and magic weapon wont work for solo.

For party you will need to go robe since all u care about is MP/MP regen for buffs or CC. Weapon doesnt realy matter unless you are helping with AOE dots. However it is still better to use magic staff just to have more matk to land debuffs easier.

To sum up. I would use heavy+melee weapon in lower levels, up until 44, then i would try to get robe, to have mana pool for buffs and magic weapon for CC assist. But it is unlikely that you will be able to solo past lvl 35. 

• Like 1

INSTALL GRACIA 

BE A WC WITH CP

GET WOLF

@

SOLOFARM WITH WOLF AFTER PRIME 

USE WARCRY AND OVERHIT WITH STUN/BURINGCHOP

@

GET COV BEFORE YOUR MATES REACH 72

B|

just btw...in classic 2.0 BW light set is the goal to take

​+1 somone who knows what hes talking about, how everyone is voting for robe

You wont be able to sleep and dot targets. As it works right now it is a bug and every slept target will be woken up from sleep upon receiving dmg. So robe and magic weapon wont work for solo.

​There was a video somewhere around the forum where a shaman  did that. Might not have been classic though O.o

​There was a video somewhere around the forum where a shaman  did that. Might not have been classic though O.o

​I would love to see that xD

anyway, thanks a lot everyone for the replys, I will just play on light and probably test a bit on robe for solo :D

anyway, thanks a lot everyone for the replys, I will just play on light and probably test a bit on robe for solo :D

HERE, arond 2:20.

Video originaly posted in THIS THREAD.

Not sure if the video is legit Classic, but it seems so.

HERE, arond 2:20.

Video originaly posted in THIS THREAD.

Not sure if the video is legit Classic, but it seems so.

​Thanks a lot, im kinda lazy to actually seach it :D

btw: that's how I've been lvling my shaman during the obt here :P