Dancerok

need help

As far as I know, In l2 mechanic dmg from side and rear attack bigger than frontal one, I wanna ask persones who did some test here and say me is it true, and if yes how much more from side and rear like 10% 20%? is it working on skillz or not, if yes what skillz? magical nukes or physical and so on... So l2 Sages I summon you! enlighte me...

29 minutes ago, Dancerok said:

As far as I know, In l2 mechanic dmg from side and rear attack bigger than frontal one, I wanna ask persones who did some test here and say me is it true, and if yes how much more from side and rear like 10% 20%? is it working on skillz or not, if yes what skillz? magical nukes or physical and so on... So l2 Sages I summon you! enlighte me...

Using this mechanic everyday on archer exp so i guess i remember it correct. Hiting from front has no bonus, 

Hiting from side - +10% dmg(auto attacks and all physical skills, no magic skills), +10% auto attack crit rate, +10% auto attack hit chance

Hiting from behind - +20% dmg(auto attacks and all physical skills, no magic skills), +20% auto attack crit rate, +20% auto attack hit chance

To sum up it mostly benefits daggers, archers, classes with stun that can stun target and hit skills from behind. Mages dont benefit from it. Its awesome boost for auto attack, for skills it gives only +20% dmg, doesnt increase skill crit rate

Edited by Rizos

Also, even if u have aegis (such is my case), remember to turn when tanking mobs at loa because of this mechanic.

Also interesting fact is that with this mechanic you can go above 50% crit rate on archer. You need to get 500 crit rate and hit from behind to get 60% crit rate ;)

Another interesting fact about terrain. If archer stays much higher than target, archer gains big hit chance and crit rate boost or when target is much higher on terrain, archer gets big nerrf to crit rate and accuracy( from my experience its flat bonus, for example target is 500 range higher than you and u gonna get low chance to hit him even if its lvl 1 dorf and u are 75 lvl - can see this effect easily when shooting ppl/guards on siege wall). To confirm my words try to farm with bow on karik bridge and shoot down the mobs, or check my pvp videos where you xan see in every movie i pvp in ramp before karik bridge shooting down the targets. Choice of pvp spot isnt coincidence there ;). Like plx if  helped ;)

Edited by Rizos

14 minutes ago, Rizos said:

Also interesting fact is that with this mechanic you can go above 50% crit rate on archer. You need to get 500 crit rate and hit from behind to get 60% crit rate ;)

Another interesting fact about terrain. If archer stays much higher than target, archer gains big hit chance and crit rate boost or when target is much higher on terrain, archer gets big nerrf to crit rate and accuracy( from my experience its flat bonus, for example target is 500 range higher than you and u gonna get low chance to hit him even if its lvl 1 dorf and u are 75 lvl - can see this effect easily when shooting ppl/guards on siege wall). To confirm my words try to farm with bow on karik bridge and shoot down the mobs, or check my pvp videos where you xan see in every movie i pvp in ramp before karik bridge shooting down the targets. Choice of pvp spot isnt coincidence there ;). Like plx if  helped ;)

I know about this since c4, I just wanna now numbers in rear and side dmg boost cos from my test here dedly on same target from front 2.200 avarage dmg, from back 2,370 with deadly, so I can see 170 Dmg boost mean whily y saying 20% so let's count 20% from 2,200? hmmm I think this 20% has to be like 400 than it would be 20% from my tests 170 it's like 5-8% 

On fatal counter in loa kariks its exacly 10% from side and 20% from back - dmg boost. I tested it 2-3 days ago. Test it with tyrant/glad aoe skill, it has flat dmg so its easy to calculate

Edited by Rizos

1 minute ago, Rizos said:

On fatal counter in loa kariks its exacly 10% from side and 20% from back - dmg boost. I tested it 2-3 days ago

yy, I wanna hear someone who are more wise in this kind of question cos I think it's works wrong right now at least to daggers( can't judge about other classes don't play them ).... 

27 minutes ago, Dancerok said:

yy, I wanna hear someone who are more wise in this kind of question cos I think it's works wrong right now at least to daggers( can't judge about other classes don't play them ).... 

https://4gameforum.com/threads/562128/ this applies to autohits, and from what i noticed after many party-duos with sws it works, very noticeable specially also for triggering "clarity" effect more often

If you have a dagger, you can compare the back and front dmg of deadly blow with this table (or better wait for test server)

https://4gameforum.com/threads/566669/

or compare with official videos with your similar lvl / conditions.

Honestly i dont know if back-attacks with dagger skills should do higher dmg than what they do now or not. Maybe its bugged and it doesnt add much dmg here, its something to research

Edited by Cyane
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Cyane said:

https://4gameforum.com/threads/566669/

or compare with official videos with your similar lvl / conditions.

Honestly i dont know if back-attacks with dagger skills should do higher dmg or not. Maybe its bugged and it doesnt add much dmg here, its something to research

This part on out server works wrong, and I will report it as a bug Look tablet I did on 170 more dmg from back with deadly while in tablet said that it's on 627 more....

Damage

Skill

Attack from the back

Frontal attack

Attack from the    back

Attack 

STR 40 DEX 30

STR 40
DEX 30

STR 52
DEX 30

STR 40
DEX 42
[IMG]  
Back Blow

-

[IMG]  
Mortal Blow

[IMG]  
Deadly Blow

Edited by Dancerok

I tought the same, but first check some videos, olympiads, cause that test was performed against an unequiped target, who knows if that could have changed the result, "exagerated" the difference from front and back

to be fair when i drived some low lvl dagger, i was also wondering why the dmg difference is so low when i do deadly from front and back, considering the land rate bug, i even said its not even worth it to go for back, because dmg boost is minimal, and i dont have to try hard to go for back, because land rate is same (only thing which could matter is block shield, but lets face it, dagger on our server doesnt try to kill many enemies which are using shield ;) )

Kk so, what we have:

In this experiment, the influence of character’s position on Dagger’s skills were tested.

Attacker: 74 lvl Treasure Hunter, having all the skills, but without any buffs.

Equipment: Demon Dagger +6

Target: Treasure Hunter lvl 53 having all the skills, but without any buffs or equipment.

During the expiriment the attacker did 10 strikes with Deadly Blow lvl 37 y can see difference below 

Frontal attack :                         Back Attack :

1) 6542                                    1)7504                                                                       

2) 6270                                     2)7141

3) 6367                                     3)7484

4) 6233                                     4)7376

5) 6356                                     5)7084

6) 6609                                     6)7193

7) 6566                                     7)7078

8) 6244                                     8)7223

9) 6626                                     9)7275

10) 6683                                   10)7461

Conclusion: As we can see from my test avarage damage from back higher on 831, according to target LvL I think with th lvl 74 it would be same as on Offi experiment, it work's fine on dagger classes 

I also wondering about stun land rate, can anyone give a link from 4game where ppk checked CON infulance on stun resistance... I don't know but I would like to know is it give any resist on GK ???? 

I did small test using unbuffed TH with vicious stance, unbuffed PW without buff or VS, and full buffed PW without VS. Looks like base dmg of blows is correct, makes more dmg from behind than front (20% more), But as long as you boost dagger (crit dmg passive, vicious stance or even crit dmg buffs) the % of bonus form behind falls off ( the more buffs you have the lower is the difference). Looks like dmg bonus from behind doesnt scale with crit dmg buffs or passives. Dunno if its right or bug

Test 1: TH with pasive skills + vicious stance on, 0 buffs vs naked orc

deadly_blow_th.jpg

~10% bonus dmg

Test 2: PW without vicious stance (no crit dmg passive) and without buffs

PW.jpg

~20% bonus dmg, this part looks correct

Test 3: PW without vicious stance (no crit dmg passives) with full buff for crit dmg

pw_buf.jpg

~8% bonus dmg

I guess full buffed AW 74 with vicious stance on and full buff would make like 5% dmg more from behind than from front qq. 
Go go boys find proof it works different way on offi. Im lazy for that ^^

Edited by Rizos

i can tell u it should definitely scale at least with passive crit dmg of TH/AW, because thats what they have written in official test

also i found out that tyrant and glad aoe and 1 target skills do same dmg from front and from behind, but i watched some glad movie from gran kain and it looks correct

8 hours ago, Rizos said:

I did small test using unbuffed TH with vicious stance, unbuffed PW without buff or VS, and full buffed PW without VS. Looks like base dmg of blows is correct, makes more dmg from behind than front (20% more), But as long as you boost dagger (crit dmg passive, vicious stance or even crit dmg buffs) the % of bonus form behind falls off ( the more buffs you have the lower is the difference). Looks like dmg bonus from behind doesnt scale with crit dmg buffs or passives. Dunno if its right or bug

Test 1: TH with pasive skills + vicious stance on, 0 buffs vs naked orc

deadly_blow_th.jpg

~10% bonus dmg

Test 2: PW without vicious stance (no crit dmg passive) and without buffs

PW.jpg

~20% bonus dmg, this part looks correct

Test 3: PW without vicious stance (no crit dmg passives) with full buff for crit dmg

pw_buf.jpg

~8% bonus dmg

I guess full buffed AW 74 with vicious stance on and full buff would make like 5% dmg more from behind than from front qq. 
Go go boys find proof it works different way on offi. Im lazy for that ^^

that's kinda strange.... But it's hard to find any proofs is it correct or not so we have what we have