elGuapo

Never played L2, need advice.

I'm brand new to Lineage games, choosing this server as whenever I talk about retail Lineage 2 everyone says it's horrible and pay2win just like every other NCSoft game.  I've created my character, an Elven Archer, but I don't have my bow yet so I assume I get that later.  Where should I go?  What should I do?  I've ran around the starter zone killing monsters but quests are scarce and don't give any experience.  Is that intentional, for starter zone quests to give only money?  I'll just post a quick TL;DR of any questions I've got:

• Just started, where should I go?  What is there to do?
  • What route (as vague as this question is) should I take to experience all of Lineage 2 apart from just leveling to max level in a few days?
  • What should I prioritize?

If anyone has any information for me I'd greatly appreciate it.  Anything given to a noob is more than enough.

U should have the starter pack which gives u a ticket to exchange for top ng weapon at npc "nostalgia"(choose bow if u like). Use scrolls from starter pack and auto-activate soulshots with moving it on panel and clicking right button. For traveling to town use soe scrolls (can buy it in grocery store, as well haste potions, wind walk and hp potions). Hunt monsters till lvl 19lvl then go for 1st profession quest from elven warrior>elven scout.

Try to find some basics or manuals on youtube maybe. Read on wiki about the game...

50 minutes ago, Temudjin said:

I like the part of max lvl in a couple of days xP

"i have made a horrible mistake" - 1 year later ;D

Also do some google/youtube basic research about the game mechanics since it would be much better than anyone explaining you here.

2 hours ago, kktnxbye said:

Try to find some basics or manuals on youtube maybe. Read on wiki about the game...

This,

Watch this series 

:)

Thanks everyone!  Will log in soon and check out that starter package.  The skills used by archers looked a lot like Aion's archer and I'll be looking forward to checking you guys all out in game.

whats your nickname? i`m new at this server too, playing with human archer. Reach lvl 20 as soon as possible, don't do any quests, go to town, go to shop, buy some soulshots, hp potions, haste (wind walk) and alacrity potions, few scroll of escape, some wooden arrows. Checke newbie guide if she can provide you some warrior buffs. Go outside, find some monsters, select them and check the color of their name. It could be like "Red, light red, yellow, white, green, light blue, blue". The best option for you as a new player, but with buffs - white / yellow. If you have no buffs - white / light green. If you have very low equipment and no buffs - green is the best / money save option here.

Check exp you gained from monsters (focus on monsters color. Exp depends on it too).

Keep "grinding" till you will go out of ammo, go back to town (use SOE). Repeat the shopping procedure. Go back to your favourite grinding place and keep grinding like that till you will reach lvl 19 / 20. After lvl 20 - the chat option will be enabled for you, which means, you are serious gameplayer here, so they trust you won't do damage to community.

Do your first class quest. You can find a lot of info at website. Just google for l2pmfun. You can find there a lot, lot of stuff.

You can find party. Party gives you bonus exp. We can go duo, would be really nice, but i`m lvl 19right now and doing my first class quest (rogue).

The basics of the game is - reach lvl. after lvl 20 - you can use D grade items. after lvl 40 - you can use C grade items, which are much lighter comparing with D grade, which means, you can carry more stuff with you. After lvl 52 - you can use B grade items, which mean you gonna be more lighter and weapons gonna use much lighter and less soulshots (B grade), that means - you can stay longer at grinding zone :)

at lvl 40 you can do your second class transfer quest. After all, there are some important quests, such as meeting a Baium, which is a Raid Boss (one of many raid bosses in the game). You can't kill them alone. It needs to be done for third class quest. After that, you can do quest for nobless, which means, you can participate in olymphic games and try to be a Hero of your main class.

The most important thing of the game is: gather clan / ally, declare war on your enemies, conquer castles and hold them till the end of the server (it's the hardest part). On other hand - build your equipment (go kill monsters and try to get your want to weapon / armor part, go get a recept, go get / buy from others some requered materials and craft your items, build set of armors, which gives you some bonus). Do calculation / google about your class dyes, which recalculates your main character adventages (STR / CON etc..), which means, you can do more dmg, but have less hp and so on. You can go for enchant weapons, try to get them, from monsters, from raid bosses, from other people for adena and try to enchant your weapon. They get stronger and after 4 enchants on it - they started to shine. The more pluses on it - the more it shines. With armor / jewelery the same, but without shine. Carefull with that, after +4 - items can burn). There are some Special Ability crystals, which can be mount on weapon, which gives some bonuses too. I can't describe all things about this game, especially in details, because - I really don't know all of them and second - there are really, really so many, that it's a big chance to miss some when writing, haha.

I`m not talking about full party and buffs from other other races / classes, about clan wars, about party wars for grinding zones, about castle wars, about karma, KARMAS! ahh. Try this game, try all rpg, but remember, some games (almost every game i believe) getting funnier and funnier with every second spend in it.

Good Luck.

p.s. give me your nickname, i`ll write you in game.

Edited by c1urka

1 hour ago, c1urka said:

whats your nickname? i`m new at this server too, playing with human archer. Reach lvl 20 as soon as possible, don't do any quests, go to town, go to shop, buy some soulshots, hp potions, haste (wind walk) and alacrity potions, few scroll of escape, some wooden arrows. Checke newbie guide if she can provide you some warrior buffs. Go outside, find some monsters, select them and check the color of their name. It could be like "Red, light red, yellow, white, green, light blue, blue". The best option for you as a new player, but with buffs - white / yellow. If you have no buffs - white / light green. If you have very low equipment and no buffs - green is the best / money save option here.

Check exp you gained from monsters (focus on monsters color. Exp depends on it too).

Keep "grinding" till you will go out of ammo, go back to town (use SOE). Repeat the shopping procedure. Go back to your favourite grinding place and keep grinding like that till you will reach lvl 19 / 20. After lvl 20 - the chat option will be enabled for you, which means, you are serious gameplayer here, so they trust you won't do damage to community.

Do your first class quest. You can find a lot of info at website. Just google for l2pmfun. You can find there a lot, lot of stuff.

You can find party. Party gives you bonus exp. We can go duo, would be really nice, but i`m lvl 19right now and doing my first class quest (rogue).

The basics of the game is - reach lvl. after lvl 20 - you can use D grade items. after lvl 40 - you can use C grade items, which are much lighter comparing with D grade, which means, you can carry more stuff with you. After lvl 52 - you can use B grade items, which mean you gonna be more lighter and weapons gonna use much lighter and less soulshots (B grade), that means - you can stay longer at grinding zone :)

at lvl 40 you can do your second class transfer quest. After all, there are some important quests, such as meeting a Baium, which is a Raid Boss (one of many raid bosses in the game). You can't kill them alone. It needs to be done for third class quest. After that, you can do quest for nobless, which means, you can participate in olymphic games and try to be a Hero of your main class. Not implemented till 2.0

The most important thing of the game is: gather clan / ally, declare war on your enemies, conquer castles and hold them till the end of the server (it's the hardest part). On other hand - build your equipment (go kill monsters and try to get your want to weapon / armor part, go get a recept, go get / buy from others some requered materials and craft your items, build set of armors, which gives you some bonus). Do calculation / google about your class dyes, which recalculates your main character adventages (STR / CON etc..), which means, you can do more dmg, but have less hp and so on. You can go for enchant weapons, try to get them, from monsters, from raid bosses, from other people for adena and try to enchant your weapon. They get stronger and after 4 enchants on it - they started to shine. The more pluses on it - the more it shines. With armor / jewelery the same, but without shine. Carefull with that, after +4 - items can burn). There are some Special Ability crystals, which can be mount on weapon, which gives some bonuses too.Not implemented till 2.0 I can't describe all things about this game, especially in details, because - I really don't know all of them and second - there are really, really so many, that it's a big chance to miss some when writing, haha.

I`m not talking about full party and buffs from other other races / classes, about clan wars, about party wars for grinding zones, about castle wars, about karma, KARMAS! ahh. Try this game, try all rpg, but remember, some games (almost every game i believe) getting funnier and funnier with every second spend in it.

Good Luck.

p.s. give me your nickname, i`ll write you in game.