Pizti

Never played a Wizard before. Need some info

Hi there,

I've been playing for a while with my (future) TK and I love making trains. Thing is... after a while, I couldn't help it: I want to try a nuker (it seems fun).

I read all the post I found about wizards, mages, nukers, AOE, etc. and still got some questions: problem is, I know nothing about Wizards/Summoners. Maybe I'll be doing the wrong questions. Bear with me please.

I guess my wizard class should be something that can solo decently. I mean, my main char is a TK, I don't consider myself a hardcore soloer, but I don't mind it when "there is nothing else going on" like AOE / RB parties.

AFAIK:

SPS: good in AOE. not that much in PVP. How good is soloing?
*ES (to finish with elves): is it viable as a "nuker'? Can AOE in parties?

SPH: good in AOE. I guess it has the highest M. Attack/DMG, right? How good is soloing?
in PVP (according to the forum) is a bit stronger than SPS?

Sorcerer: good in AOE. I couldn't find much about him. I made trains with a human wizard 
many times. He used a cat (like summoner?). Maybe good for solo?

Necro***  I could only find PVP videos about them.
Seems they have loads of debuffs. What about their dmg? Is it high?
Are they good in AOE?

Well, that's what I "know". I would appreciate a bit of help. Thank you for your time. 

See you around.

3 hours ago, Pizti said:

Hi there,

I've been playing for a while with my (future) TK and I love making trains. Thing is... after a while, I couldn't help it: I want to try a nuker (it seems fun).

I read all the post I found about wizards, mages, nukers, AOE, etc. and still got some questions: problem is, I know nothing about Wizards/Summoners. Maybe I'll be doing the wrong questions. Bear with me please.

I guess my wizard class should be something that can solo decently. I mean, my main char is a TK, I don't consider myself a hardcore soloer, but I don't mind it when "there is nothing else going on" like AOE / RB parties.

AFAIK:

SPH: good in AOE. I guess it has the highest M. Attack/DMG, right? How good is soloing?

Sorcerer: good in AOE. I couldn't find much about him. I made trains with a human wizard 

Are they good in AOE?

Well, that's what I "know". I would appreciate a bit of help. Thank you for your time. 

See you around.

SPH-Necro  Best for solo.For aoe SPH>Necro but necro is always good cause he got mass gloom that  boost  wholes party aoe dmg 
SORC-SPS best  class for  aoe 
About pvp my opinion is Necro>SPS>SPH>Sorc 
If you are going for mage  get rdy get a prem acc and lvl up a SE in the same time.BUT !! In the end all its matters is play smthing you like not only beacause is OP

6 hours ago, GanjaRockzZz said:

SPH-Necro  Best for solo.For aoe SPH>Necro but necro is always good cause he got mass gloom that  boost  wholes party aoe dmg 
SORC-SPS best  class for  aoe 
About pvp my opinion is Necro>SPS>SPH>Sorc 
If you are going for mage  get rdy get a prem acc and lvl up a SE in the same time.BUT !! In the end all its matters is play smthing you like not only beacause is OP

Thank you very much!

My only concern with Necro is that, although a challenge, could finish fed up too fast being my first time and all. You know, seems a "not for noobs" class.
Maybe better playing something simplier like a "pure nuker".

Wow, didn't expect SPS second rank PVPwise! May you go deeper about the SPS class? 
*Being one of the best for AOE (my idea of leveling) and good in PVP, I think SPS could be my class! Seems the only "problem" would be the soloing aspect (come on.. I have a TK lol).

------------------------

Don't worry about the premium account. I hadn't contemplate this option. This is why, if you allow me the off-topic: I've always played in servers where dual box was allowed (or triple box in the Official Lineage 2*, what ever it has become). I always missed the feeling of playing with others, or alone vs the world like when I first played this game (C4?).
I know it's more comfortable with dual box, but nothing feels better than joining a party/clan where everyone has his role so to speak. That's how I met my first clan ever in Lineage 2.

Well, I hope you can understand what I mean (my english is only so good)

Thank you again!

11 minutes ago, Pizti said:

Thank you very much!

My only concern with Necro is that, although a challenge, could finish fed up too fast being my first time and all. You know, seems a "not for noobs" class.
Maybe better playing something simplier like a "pure nuker".

Wow, didn't expect SPS second rank PVPwise! May you go deeper about the SPS class? 
*Being one of the best for AOE (my idea of leveling) and good in PVP, I think SPS could be my class! Seems the only "problem" would be the soloing aspect (come on.. I have a TK lol).

depends :D necro can be class for noobs as well, lots of people play it as just "pure nuker", with only difference that it has gloom, which decreases enemys M def, and transfer pain, which makes it 2x more tankier than any other mage

about SPS, its second in pvp ranking because his main nukes (hydro blast and solar flare) avoid shield, which means they cannot be blocked, so they dont get dmg reduced on block, also it has highest WIT from all mages, which means it has highest casting speed and biggest crit chance (which is kind of crucial in most pvps to have even better burst)

13 minutes ago, MoDoy said:

depends :D necro can be class for noobs as well, lots of people play it as just "pure nuker", with only difference that it has gloom, which decreases enemys M def, and transfer pain, which makes it 2x more tankier than any other mage

about SPS, its second in pvp ranking because his main nukes (hydro blast and solar flare) avoid shield, which means they cannot be blocked, so they dont get dmg reduced on block, also it has highest WIT from all mages, which means it has highest casting speed and biggest crit chance (which is kind of crucial in most pvps to have even better burst)

Hahahahh! well, I don't want to be one of them.

Good to hear that!

I forgot a question about SPS: I think I read something about the elven wizard not having any AOE spells through the first class, like... till 40. Is it true? Hope I read wrong or it was an old post or something.

2 minutes ago, EMpoweR said:

all mages got this AOE Skill 1181 1.jpg

NICE!

Thank you all for your time.

If you want to add any other advice feel free please. I would really appreciate!

I'm going to create my SPS! YEAH!

11 hours ago, Pizti said:

Are they good in AOE?

and for those questions

- Elemental Summoner is a solo whore and fit well in AOE (with many buffs from Pony and infinite MP) but u got only low power nuke Skill 1175 1.jpg + Skill 1264 1.jpg

- All mages can make good aoe dmg and all mages require buffers / mp recharger to solo (SPH/Necro better SOLO with Curse Death Link skillSkill 1159 1.jpg)

Edited by EMpoweR

In general main difference between necro and the other mages is that necro has no burst but is much tankier due to transfer pain. On this patch currently 3rd class profs aren't available so the other mages have no access to burst spells on a lower cd ( vortex/nuke ) combo. With the new patch most of the strengths and weaknesses of those classes will shine much more.

Anyway, pick whatever you feel like playing all classes can do well in the hands of a good player/party. Modoy is right about sps strength being nukes going through shields. They can clean tanks/bards much more effectively in mass pvp which is a huge plus.

11 hours ago, EMpoweR said:

and for those questions

- Elemental Summoner is a solo whore and fit well in AOE (with many buffs from Pony and infinite MP) but u got only low power nuke Skill 1175 1.jpg + Skill 1264 1.jpg

- All mages can make good aoe dmg and all mages require buffers / mp recharger to solo (SPH/Necro better SOLO with Curse Death Link skillSkill 1159 1.jpg)

Solo whore! Hahah

Playing the elven mage, enjoying it so much! Maybe after I get to god tier I'll try ES:D

11 hours ago, BlackJack said:

In general main difference between necro and the other mages is that necro has no burst but is much tankier due to transfer pain. On this patch currently 3rd class profs aren't available so the other mages have no access to burst spells on a lower cd ( vortex/nuke ) combo. With the new patch most of the strengths and weaknesses of those classes will shine much more.

Anyway, pick whatever you feel like playing all classes can do well in the hands of a good player/party. Modoy is right about sps strength being nukes going through shields. They can clean tanks/bards much more effectively in mass pvp which is a huge plus.

Sounds good! So it will be even stronger in their strong points

Playing elven mage, enjoying it a lot!

Thank you guys.

PD: I like this forum format. So easy and looks good