Sign in to follow this  

Anyone know what happened on previous ROK chars?

1 minute ago, BlackJack said:

Yes its possible if you had 1 char following only. Everyone from bizz party always follows him and Balu also had out of party EE and Prophet and they didnt drop follow for no reason. He had 10+ chars on him only 1 stopped following, it's not movement speed and it's not players internet as he had 2 more chars following bizz the same way.

Not necessarily. While you are moving left and right, one character might be in the right spot and moment to lose the line of sight.

1 minute ago, pistolas said:

You check if balu get stun from maluk knigth ?

at that part of loa there are no maluk knights

6 minutes ago, Pelocho said:

Seems like the char might have lost the line of sight while turning into the different caves. This happens a lot in AB when you run through trees... Similar to the guy that hides behind a tree to make you cancel the spell...

thats not how it works, u still follow target even if he is behind tree, its just there is object between u, so u stuck on the object

well, you should check the way of breka - fortress, there's a lot of geodata bug... and the annoying 'running back' bug too

• Like 1

1 minute ago, rutra said:

well, you should check the way of breka - fortress, there's a lot of geodata bug... and the annoying 'running back' bug too

Can you please give /loc?

• Like 1

Well, yes, the char itself is an obstacle. I remember this problem since the C2-C4 (runing with a bunch of boxes and 1 can stop). It's like l2 always works.

Blaming admins for this is like blaming the goverment if u go alone at night in bad neighbourhood and was robbed.

If a person drop anything cause of broken geodata (like on hill spot in ABG) - the blame will be on admins who cannot fix it for 1+ year. But this case is just a mechanic of l2.

1 minute ago, MoDoy said:

thats not how it works, u still follow target even if he is behind tree, its just there is object between u, so u stuck on the object

I'm sorry, but I've seen this a few times already (char stops following without hitting an obstacle). I don't know how the pathfinding mechanics works, but it makes sense if, by putting obstacles in the way, the path becomes longer.

4 minutes ago, pistolas said:

You check if balu get stun from maluk knigth ?

He didnt. We obviously checked. As I said this is not all about orfen, we lost it and whatever. Everyone playing long enough on this server knows there are many bugs like seeing chars that arent there anymore, people running back that are way infront of you, boxed chars losing sight of char that they follow even if they are following nexto it. If administration refuses to aknowledge those bugs they will never be fixed.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Koll said:

Can you please give /loc?

It's not /loc , it's when you run in long open fields, you start seeing chars running backwards. People notice it a lot in breka cuze ppl run there every day. I am sure you know about this bug, its been here since i've started playing here.

1 minute ago, BlackJack said:

He didnt. We obviously checked. As I said this is not all about orfen, we lost it and whatever. Everyone playing long enough on this server knows there are many bugs like seeing chars that arent there anymore, people running back that are way infront of you, boxed chars losing sight of char that they follow even if they are following nexto it. If administration refuses to aknowledge those bugs they will never be fixed.

"chars that arent there anymore" - l2 core mechanics, it will be almost impossible to fix, because we don't own full sorce opened l2 core as NCsoft have.

"people running back that are way infront of you"- l2 core mechanics, it will be almost impossible to fix, because we don't own full sorce opened l2 core as NCsoft have.

You can see same on Official servers.

In general menu>options>Video is a option caled Optimize Pefomance if this option is activate the boxes bihind you maybe lost target/follow

You mast have very good pc to run all the accounds with out this option.

Maybe im wrong but i have see this problem wen i try to contol many boxes.

Edited by MPiRi
  • Like 1

Just now, Koll said:

"chars that arent there anymore" - l2 core mechanics, it will be almost impossible to fix, because we don't own full sorce opened l2 core as NCsoft have.

"people running back that are way infront of you"- l2 core mechanics, it will be almost impossible to fix, because we don't own full sorce opened l2 core as NCsoft have.

You can see same on Official servers.

I am aware that it wont get fixed, my point is that what most likely happened to balu, as you can see his character facing backwards to the way bizz was running. Most likely his char stopped following and ran backwards as he was seeing bizz run backwards. You can test this very easily If you have chars on follow that drop from cliff, you boxes sometimes get stuck and turn around backwards trying to as you were still on the cliff. So how is this not the server's fault? Look we all accept playing on this server because we like the positives more than the negatives of not being official. It's just when something shitty likt this happens you can't just close your eyes and says its only the players fault, as it is also fault of the files you have as i said on the first post that you disputed and said im only looking ofr excuse.

4 minutes ago, BlackJack said:

I am aware that it wont get fixed, my point is that what most likely happened to balu, as you can see his character facing backwards to the way bizz was running. Most likely his char stopped following and ran backwards as he was seeing bizz run backwards. You can test this very easily If you have chars on follow that drop from cliff, you boxes sometimes get stuck and turn around backwards trying to as you were still on the cliff. So how is this not the server's fault? Look we all accept playing on this server because we like the positives more than the negatives of not being official. It's just when something shitty likt this happens you can't just close your eyes and says its only the players fault, as it is also fault of the files you have as i said on the first post that you disputed and said im only looking ofr excuse.

You blaming us and files in problem that NCsoft had in l2core, you blaming l2 in way how it works.

We was and will work on any bug that we had because of our files. We also fixing some NCsoft bugs. But l2core can change only NCsoft, because they have source code of it. Without this source code - we can't do almost nothing with it. We can only create some dlls to make additional check about following.

1 minute ago, Koll said:

You blaming us and files in problem that NCsoft had in l2core, you blaming l2 in way how it works.

We was and will work on any bug that we had because of our files. We also fixing some NCsoft bugs. But l2core can change only NCsoft, because they have source code of it. Without this source code - we can't do almost nothing with it. We can only create some dlls to make additional check about following.

I've played on skelth and this never happens but ok. Also you've officially aknowledged that it's a bug now and not players fault. Thanks.

26 minutes ago, BlackJack said:

I've played on skelth and this never happens but ok. Also you've officially aknowledged that it's a bug now and not players fault. Thanks.

dont get me wrong, i m with u cos it plainly sucks to lose an orfen 3 cos of bug or w.e, but its not just "a bug and not players fault". since as u mentioned b4 its a well known bug, its also players negligence imho. anw, sucks.

1 hour ago, Pepon said:

dont get me wrong, i m with u cos it plainly sucks to lose an orfen 3 cos of bug or w.e, but its not just "a bug and not players fault". since as u mentioned b4 its a well known bug, its also players negligence imho. anw, sucks.

I already said in my first post that it's also the players fault, but i got pissed off cuze koll refused any blame on server files. Yes maybe it's not their fault this bug exists if it happens also on official and they copy their files, but refusing any fault when everyone knows some bugs like this shit exist is lame. Ultimately we all chose to play here despite the bugs and we should play around them the best we can, its our choice, doesn't mean we should close our eyes and pretend bugs dont exist and not try to improve the server. Fixing issiues like this will help everyone - both the player base with more enjoyable experience and the administration since they would attract more players. Closing your eyes and pretending everything is perfect is why such issiues still exist. Also in my personal opinion you shouldn't have to worry about such bugs occuring on boxes as it is literally the only pay to play feature of this server, so paying a bit more attention to improve player experience in regards of boxing and them not having to worry about bugs should be a priority.

Edited by BlackJack

51 minutes ago, ProGressive said:

Why we have Orfen drop discussion in ROK disappearance topic? Just random thought.

Cuz ppls needs spam on every post for forum-penis :D

9 hours ago, BlackJack said:

nothing to talk about, just the server being shit java crap where chars stuck in plain ground. It's a fact we have accepted playing here obviously, since there are many other pluses that outweight the negatives.

8 hours ago, Koll said:

Char was on follow. Stopped following and no one was controlling him to bring back. Char was afk and after he realize that mobs killing him he told that he stucked and couldn't move.

We was checking location where he was for 20 min. Non of other chars stucked there. Also around 3 parties run through this place with char and didn't stuck.

I understand that you need to find someone to blame.

nuclearexplosion.jpg

that burn was so heavy, that it even penetrated the stratosphere 

3 hours ago, Arcanum said:

nuclearexplosion.jpg

that burn was so heavy, that it even penetrated the stratosphere 

too bad you'd rather fail at trolling than read the thread tho.

i did read the thread, but i wasn't here for trolling.

i did get a good laugh at you thou, can't deny that.

simple things are the greatest of treasures 108.gif

1 minute ago, Arcanum said:

i did read the thread, but i wasn't here for trolling.

i did get a good laugh at you thou, can't deny that.

simple things are the greatest of treasures 108.gif

We are even then, i get a good laugh at you pr-ing everytime from us 9v9.

1 hour ago, BlackJack said:

We are even then, i get a good laugh at you pr-ing everytime from us 9v9.

at least we don't get stuck in some ghost geodata 108.gif

dajlul.jpg

Edited by Arcanum
  • Like 4

8 hours ago, BlackJack said:

so have i for 1½ year allmost and i can tell you this happens on skelth and GK aswell, box loosing follow or gets "stuck" for no reason is not a bug only on here, ive had this happend to me alot on skelth when i had alot of boxes.

Most of the times it didnt happend if i had 1-2 boxes but with 5-6 boxes it happens on a daily basic, its not the players fault nor the admins on here as its a fault in the l2 files/codeing.

it sucks, but its the same for everyone and cant really blame the admins on here when ncsoft cant even fix it.

10 hours ago, pistolas said:

If you cant control all your boxes stop boxin 4-5 chars ..... and this orfen earing drop very esay I have drop it 2 times at xp .. 

if we stop boxing 4-5 chars, enemy will stop calling us zerg :D

• Like 4