Creedie

Dagger classes

I want to play a dagger class but I can't decide which one.

Can someone with experience list the pros and cons of each class? Thanks!

Edited by Creedie

Stats: th > pw, aw

Passives: th > pw, aw

Base speed: pw > aw > th (with dash th>pw,aw for 15 sec every 30 sec)

Self buffs. Pw > aw > th

Canceling skills: th > pw > aw

Recovering skills: pw > aw, th

Debuffs: aw > pw > th

------

Th lv. 70

• Like 2

Is there any reason to play anything other than TH?

Why does every human class has to be so broken compared to other races?

Who cares about base speed when you have dash 24/7?

Nobody uses heal as an elf because of low cast spd + high mana consumption.

Who cares about self buffs outside the oly?

debuffs: maybe I'm wrong here but I don't think you would use any debuff maybe other than hex and even that is probably the BDs job..

Edited by Creedie
  • Like 1

this list is all bases on 1.5, in 2.0 it changes so that by 78 Aw > Pw > Th 

ofcourse this is soly based on official 2.0  so if they change something i cant say 100% this will be ture on here.

the reason Aw and Pw will out shine Th in 2.0 is 90% more crit dmg from backstab where Th "only" gets 60%, so Aw with 90% more dmg + hex will be the king of daggers if you look purly at numbers, but as with everything the player matters more then the char as we have seen on here so many times. 

PW got gutted in classic.

Windriding nerfs / evasion nerfs / no crit dmg passive / low str / no blinding blow / OP focus augment makes it so you dont need to play pw to get max crit rate.

5 hours ago, Creedie said:

debuffs: maybe I'm wrong here but I don't think you would use any debuff maybe other than hex and even that is probably the BDs job..

real fight may will enlight you a bit, though i agree that TH is more much better in many aspects, but i can tell you few things about what you mentioned above

self buff is good, you playing hardcore server, buffer not always can give you their buffs so potion and selfbuff is very important

hex, freezing strike, entangle - yes, sws and BD can do this, BUT, its a single target skill and your BD, sws only 2 guys but enemies who comming to you will be always at least 9 guys, so eventually you just have to debuff them yourself

one thing good about classic is ppl can remind themself how good l2 was back in its golden time, every class has their own stuffs to play and enjoy with

8 hours ago, Creedie said:

u cannot have dash 24/7, but base speed is kinda irrelevant to be fair because on 2.0 u will have to spam instant haste potions anyway to be relevant as dagger anyway
heal saved me many times on my SR and on last video from GK, the hero pw bsoed from fight in ant nest, spammed QHP + did 2x heal for 1.7k and jumped back to the action with 10k HP, so its not so irrelevant (but i guess there must be some secret to that heal power)
for instance, sprint can be useful even outside of olympiad
debuffs, i actually would use also freezing strike, sting, poison, power break on AW as pretty much all of them might be useful in certain scenarios

conclusion (at least for me):
1.5 is TH>AW>PW
2.0 is AW>PW>TH
2.5 is AW>TH>PW

8 hours ago, Creedie said:

Why?Do you like pain and suffer?1on1 u will loose to all who have stun, u will loose to any normal mage(not even saying about necros). If you wanna make high lvl dagger for 2.0 - make PR+recharge and reroll it for 20eur.

17 minutes ago, kktnxbye said:

Why?Do you like pain and suffer?1on1 u will loose to all who have stun, u will loose to any normal mage(not even saying about necros). If you wanna make high lvl dagger for 2.0 - make PR+recharge and reroll it for 20eur.

I happen to have lvl 69 plainswalker and this is allmost true. Against mages you are decent until they disable same eith stun indeed. Stun is fucked... 

20 minutes ago, Creedie said:

what do dagger classes get at 2.0 that make them that much better?

i think "reset" and "shadow step" are a big plus ( lethal, mirage, critical wound, focus power, ecc too), but if u want reroll dagger just wait zaken update ( boost dmg too ) :) 

P.S. still exist bluff skill on 2.0++?

Edited by woot123

18 minutes ago, Creedie said:

what do dagger classes get at 2.0 that make them that much better?

pre 76 they get shadow step, after 76 they get another blow (so u dont have to wait for reuse) which can crit same as backstab, they get reset movement, which resets cooldown of hide and shadow step (that means u can use 2x hide/shadow step in pvp), then they get focus death/power, which increases your DPS and land rate of blows

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Creedie said:

they all have different playstyle. choose between them or just go aw bcs he is op

1 hour ago, woot123 said:

i think "reset" and "shadow step" are a big plus ( lethal, mirage, critical wound, focus power, ecc too), but if u want reroll dagger just wait zaken update ( boost dmg too ) :) 

P.S. still exist bluff skill on 2.0++?

Bluff is deleted, rip bluff and blinding blow :((

6 hours ago, MoDoy said:

u cannot have dash 24/7, but base speed is kinda irrelevant to be fair because on 2.0 u will have to spam instant haste potions anyway to be relevant as dagger anyway
heal saved me many times on my SR and on last video from GK, the hero pw bsoed from fight in ant nest, spammed QHP + did 2x heal for 1.7k and jumped back to the action with 10k HP, so its not so irrelevant (but i guess there must be some secret to that heal power)

Heroric berserker: 100 % heal power probably

btw whats the change in 2.5 that th>pw ?

in 1.5 its cleary th>aw>pw

in 2.0 its hard to say (atleast for me) since actually u can hardly calculate the influence of the lvl 79 skills (mirage/dodge/counterattack). Not to mention about the lvl 80 skills (no doubt lvl 80 will be even hard to take on 3x)

Edited by chevignon
  • Like 1

Yea forgot that he had hero zerk. Gj with clever answer. About 2.5 change he probably ment new runes (new othell rune which gives around 30% land rate) cos the biggest disadvantage of th was always land rate.

Edited by Rizos
  • Like 1

46 minutes ago, Rizos said:

About 2.5 change he probably ment new runes (new othell rune which gives around 30% land rate) cos the biggest disadvantage of th was always land rate.

Reason why i dont like TH, his land rate is too low for me... :)

18 hours ago, chevignon said:

Heroric berserker: 100 % heal power probably
btw whats the change in 2.5 that th>pw ?
in 1.5 its cleary th>aw>pw
in 2.0 its hard to say (atleast for me) since actually u can hardly calculate the influence of the lvl 79 skills (mirage/dodge/counterattack). Not to mention about the lvl 80 skills (no doubt lvl 80 will be even hard to take on 3x)

good observation with heroic berserker, thats the reason ;) only reason why PW is better than TH at 2.0 is because focus death gives blows land rate while focus power doesnt, thats why AW/PW has really good land rate and TH, eventho is overall good, his skills miss quite some

however since on off they implemented "super" othell rune, there was test on official and with good lvl on it your land rate of blows grows drastically, so even TH has really nice land rate, thus considering other advantages he is better than PW

On 30.7.2017 at 0:05 PM, MoDoy said:

however since on off they implemented "super" othell rune, there was test on official and with good lvl on it your land rate of blows grows drastically, so even TH has really nice land rate, thus considering other advantages he is better than PW

thx for this explanation...didnt knew about