Sign in to follow this  
ghoon

New Player, go in blind or not?

Hi guys, I've been in search of a new MMORPG to play for a while now. 

I absolutely LOVE those classic-style MMORPGs like WoW, old Runescape, old Maplestory, etc. and I've always wanted to play Lineage 2 but never had the opportunity to...

Now, should I go in completely blind (I have absolutely 0 knowledge of lineage, but I've played MMORPGs my whole life), or are there any guides/tips for newbies out there that I should look at?

Thanks so much, excited to try out such a classic game :)

Edited by ghoon

You can go "blind" yet you should know lineage has no focus on questline like wow. Also, ingame beginners tutorial is very basic and doesnt tell you anything besides how to move and attack. I mean - no shopping, buff, craft, skill, or leveling tutorials avalible in game. This chronicles.. ehm, l2 Classics were meant for experienced players, mostly. But this is almost what Lineage was at the beginning, so its nothing impossible to understand, really. 
I think there's plenty l2 Classic tutorials at the web, but my advise is to find a friend, party or clan to ask for advice and play with. Its a much more great and fun experience to see and learn by yourself, than just reading others guides.

Edited by Asterra
  • Like 1

There are 32 different classes in lineage 2 just for this reason its obvious not to go blind cause will probably cost you to start over a couple of times and since server is low rate you shouldn't at least try to know and understand the different classes and start from there. 

• Like 1

There are a few basic things you should know.

1) Soloing will be hard on 99% of classes and if you plan on learning the game slowly by yourself its worth it to get a 2nd account for a buffer. there is no questing its a pure grind game and it takes alot of time xping at higher lvls.

2) everyone is your enemy, there is no "safe" zones to xp once you leave town prepare to get pk'd 

3) read up on the class you think you want to play, as ppl have mentioned there are 31? classes in l2 

4) take some time learning the politics of the server as joining the wrong clan at the wrong time is not fun, ppl have a tendency to remember if you have been an enemy at some point and most will go out of their way to stop you from xping if your an enemy.

l2 is an awesome game and can be alot of fun, but it takes time to get to the higher lvls(unless you play a fotm with a full box train) there is no other game(that i know of) out there like l2 the fact that you can kill your friend if he pisses you off is priceless, but it allso promote alot of team play as there is(or use to be) alot of 9v9 and thats when the game really gets fun.

only down side is that you have to put in a good amount of time to really enjoy the game, at the current state of the server the fun dosent really start untill high 60 low 70s as thats where the bulk of players are at, there is lower lvl pvp but just not as much.

final, the long awaited 2.0 version is going into open beta next week and this should bring back more players so its not a bad time to start.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, ghoon said:

Hi guys, I've been in search of a new MMORPG to play for a while now. 

I absolutely LOVE those classic-style MMORPGs like WoW, old Runescape, old Maplestory, etc. and I've always wanted to play Lineage 2 but never had the opportunity to...

Now, should I go in completely blind (I have absolutely 0 knowledge of lineage, but I've played MMORPGs my whole life), or are there any guides/tips for newbies out there that I should look at?

Thanks so much, excited to try out such a classic game :)

Ech. Problem is that most guides are of old lineage. and this is new lineage.

Check atleast classes and what you would like to play. Because classic is hard to play if u dont like class and l2 has in total around 30 classes. And check every class pvp video in youtube... Dont go blind.

And find friends in game to play with, because starting with total 0 knowledge you will probably die even from monsters and will be tricked by market. Also dont start if u dont play 2-3 hours atleast.

And dont go to big rate servers. the slower the exp, the more you learn.

Just ask whatever you want to know about the game here, community is friendly to newbies. I am sure you will get all the help you need mate. And l2 is king of MMORPG if you have time and balls for it ;) i still havent found any other game that gives as much thrill as l2

• Like 2

I suggest you to not start playing Lineage2. I'm playing it mostly because of nostalgia, if you've never played it there's no reason to start now.

This game has too many cons and too little pros.

12 hours ago, Creedie said:

I suggest you to not start playing Lineage2. I'm playing it mostly because of nostalgia, if you've never played it there's no reason to start now.

This game has too many cons and too little pros.

I disagree, this is the best MMO I played so far. PVP is everywhere and you have to deal with it if you want to exp.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Arcanum said:

let's just say it's not a game designed for casual players.

its not good designed even for hardcore players to be fair, people play it just for nostalgia/drama this game offers and because its not faction game

Edited by MoDoy
  • Like 1

Hey man, I started playing on L2 club 2 days ago as well. If you don't have own group already, we could teamup and while playing together I could share my knowledge with you. If you will be interested send me a PM on the forum.

6 hours ago, MoDoy said:

its not good designed even for hardcore players to be fair, people play it just for nostalgia/drama this game offers and because its not faction game

I play this game because its only good mouse mmorpg. All other with AWSD movement has a lot of spam on skills. While l2 is all about pressing skill at the right moment. Its perfect.

Still l2 sux. Go play GW2

1 hour ago, ProGressive said:

I play this game because its only good mouse mmorpg. All other with AWSD movement has a lot of spam on skills. While l2 is all about pressing skill at the right moment. Its perfect.

yes, its mouse game what makes it different, but dont trully agree that all WASD games are just spam of skills, actually i would say lots of them are much harder to play and get used to, because they have lots of skills being skill shots and u can counter lots of them with good timed dodge/roll or other things, however those games fail to provide good open world pvps because of mentioned faction system which usually have divided xp zones, so u pretty much never meet enemy :D 

1 minute ago, MoDoy said:

yes, its mouse game what makes it different, but dont trully agree that all WASD games are just spam of skills, actually i would say lots of them are much harder to play and get used to, because they have lots of skills being skill shots and u can counter lots of them with good timed dodge/roll or other things, however those games fail to provide good open world pvps because of mentioned faction system which usually have divided xp zones, so u pretty much never meet enemy :D 

Only good pvp game i played with WASD was blade n soul. But i havent tryed much. Still L2 best for me :D its similar to dota lol and those two are most playable at this era :) 

Just now, ProGressive said:

Only good pvp game i played with WASD was blade n soul. But i havent tryed much. Still L2 best for me :D its similar to dota lol and those two are most playable at this era :) 

yep, i stopped blade n soul because it had sh1tty open world pvp, however i really liked its pve/arenas (pve i was always trying to solo party dungeons before the recommended level and killing higher lvl guys in arena was also satisfying ^_^ )

8 minutes ago, MoDoy said:

yep, i stopped blade n soul because it had sh1tty open world pvp, however i really liked its pve/arenas (pve i was always trying to solo party dungeons before the recommended level and killing higher lvl guys in arena was also satisfying ^_^ )

Agree arenas there are cool :D

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ProGressive said:

All other with AWSD movement has a lot of spam on skills. While l2 is all about pressing skill at the right moment. Its perfect.

to be honest, Tera Online has still one of the best action combat mechanics i've ever seen in any mmorpg.

with the free targeting system there's a even higher level of player skills required, because you not only need to time/chain your skills properly, but you also need to aim at your target directly with your camera visual, unlike tab-targeting games where you just click once to take a target and that's it.

Aion has also a better tab-targeting and movement system than L2, but the amount of skills animation canceling and the excessive RNG in PvP ruined it.

14 hours ago, xDUMPWEEDx said:

Aion just didn't look appealing to me and I had a feeling it was going to die very quickly. Turns out I was right.

it wasnt died quickly at all...

lmao, every single mmo i ve played for more than a month requires more skill in pvp than l2. WoW, BnS, AA ofc, even TOR. Mb except Aion, i tend to forget i ve played Aion.

And ofc AA has MUCH better open world pvp than this relic. Tho its issues made it unplayable after a while.