San0

l2classic.club 2.0 update patch notes

Oh i love these forum warriors, always trying to make you wrong in any way possible...
The problem is this server summoner custom build, than sudden nerf. 
I dont say they gonna be TOTALLY useless, they just loosing former, more party-oriented meta. The meta which lot of summoners chosen for their gameplay, people build their CP with "summoner" role in it. And now there's no point of keeping this role, because theres nothing that summoner can do better than others. They will loose their specification, getting the "secondary in everything" role. That's not what players were aiming when chosed summoners as their class on this server, because no word was said about possible summon deletion or nerf. I say it again - its like removing BD/SWS songs and dances, switching them to secondary tank/dd role. No one will want them anymore, if only there will be no primary tanks or dd.
Players lost hundreds of hours and spent money for playing their class, not informed about upcoming total gameplay changes for them, and then forced to pay for occupation change, because that's not what they were going for at the beginning. This is basically a deception for players who were not informed about class changes.

Edited by Asterra

1 hour ago, Reaper said:

I posted them to show how is the summoner playstyle without these custom pets, because people here cry "oh, you take this summons, summoners useless, gg, gj admins" while they obviously dont know what they are saying..

Ppl are complaine cause they had to change the playstyle , or maybe cause of this they will lose CP slot or they need to reroll ...

For example some CP stoped to search warlock and put on another arcer and so on .

1 hour ago, Reaper said:

As i said and it stays, summoners are one of the strongest classes in 2.0. This kind of "nerf" isnt nonsense, it was nonsense to add them in the first place.

That's totally another story

Just give it up @Reaper , you cant argue with people for whom is current meta in summoner gameplay something like this... 

Just run mass cleanse and group heal on cooldown and each 2 mins throw CD reduction buff. GG.

1 hour ago, Kure said:

Just give it up @Reaper , you cant argue with people for whom is current meta in summoner gameplay something like this... 

Just run mass cleanse and group heal on cooldown and each 2 mins throw CD reduction buff. GG.

Yeah, thats the main problem.I created my ES only because of his custom summon to play as a support in CP, not secondary dd or solo grinder or any other role. If we didnt have this custom changes, i would never create a summoner. So i already lost a hundreds of hours to lvlup him and in 2.0 i will lose my slot in cp. If custom summons or mass cubics or any other things will destroy balance in 2.0.... hmmm.... I want a compensation via free class change. That is how it should be.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, user12345 said:

Yeah, thats the main problem.I created my ES only because of his custom summon to play as a support in CP, not secondary dd or solo grinder or any other role. If we didnt have this custom changes, i would never create a summoner. So i already lost a hundreds of hours to lvlup him and in 2.0 i will lose my slot in cp. If custom summons or mass cubics or any other things will destroy balance in 2.0.... hmmm.... I want a compensation via free class change. That is how it should be.

I totally agree with this guy 

47 minutes ago, user12345 said:

Balance is changing from update to update, some classes are getting boosts, some are getting nerfs, some suddenly become good in CP. If your party suddenly doesnt need summoner in party composition, you have same services as any other player, class change it. I dont know why you should be getting anything free to be honest.

PS: By no means this is "sudden" change from what i found on search, people were complaining about this quite for some time already how these summons and cubics are ruining pvp balance and that there is quite big chance that they will do something about it when 2.0 is released. Lack of knowledge/information is by no means server problem.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Reaper said:

Balance is changing from update to update, some classes are getting boosts, some are getting nerfs, some suddenly become good in CP. If your party suddenly doesnt need summoner in party composition, you have same services as any other player, class change it. I dont know why you should be getting anything free to be honest.

PS: By no means this is "sudden" change from what i found on search, people were complaining about this quite for some time already how these summons and cubics are ruining pvp balance and that there is quite big chance that they will do something about it when 2.0 is released. Lack of knowledge/information is by no means server problem.

You calling this a nerf, but it's not. It is literally class change from support to "secondary dd". You are thinking i have "lack of information", but before creating ES i did a little research, but i didn't find any information, cause there WAS NOT ANY INFORMATION that admins will remove their custom changes in 2.0, the only info i found on forum was admin's words that they aren't planning to do the same game as in official servers.  Is it not enough to be sure that custom summons will stay and create that char? NOW THEY CHANGED THEIR MIND. IS IT MY FAULT?

I understand  that on "official classic" there weren't mass cubics, custom pets etc, but we aren't official. And if it's not a bug, but server's feature why not to use it on your side? I agree that these custom changes ruined the balance. As i said i created my ES only because he has gift of seraphim. Other buffs doesn't matter, the main and the only reason is gift of seraphim, its unique skill, no any other class has such ability, but now i dont need this char at all, it isn't unique anymore and i dont like to play as "TRUE" summoner. I'm not talking about real summoners who played their entire life on this class, they will like it even with these "nerfes", cause they had another reasons to play their char.

Admins made a mistake (it was their decision to make custom changes). But according to community on forum we (custom summoner players) are guilty, it was our fault that we were using our custom skills, basically custom skills only and now we are asking for help. But it was YOU (communtiny) who let the custom changes happen and now you don't want to help us in any way. I'm confused. I'm stuck. Help me to find the way out.

Ok, mistake will be fixed with next update. But it will have consequences. It will make a lot of players to suffer and cause them to exp new chars with playstyle similar to "1.5 classic.club summoners" or just quit, IS IT NOT A SERVER'S PROBLEM? My opinion: if your mistake makes your consumers (=players)  suffer and you do nothing with it (the only solution i see -> free class change) that means your product (=server) is sh*t?

Am i wrong?

P.S. Sorry if my english is bad and you didn't understand something.

P.S.S. And people were complaining about many things, for example: phantom rangers or necros.

Long ago I asked san0 if these buffs will stay in 2.0 and he said that it may get deleted so I dont think its too hard to ask if you are not sure about your class

Due to the fact that sammoners did not have ss - they were very weak. Admins added new skills to the sammoners to provide little help to the players. To take them with them to the exp to the party. In order to be useful to the party. Also admins immediately explained that as soon as the Summoner will get ss, it all added skills will be deleted.

Admins try all the time to maximize the server's settings to the classics. They change only what they think can be improved.

The class of summoners was improved for fans of this class. Now it's time to update 2.0. Summoners are given ss and make them again as they should be.

• Like 2

On 9/11/2017 at 3:33 PM, San0 said:

1- list is on server descirption topic.

2 - that is not true you can get the agro with damage if you agro % goes higher then whoever is agroing it.

3 - summon have 50 range not 0.

I am sorry San0 but i am not shure you test himself how Sumoning hits mobs who have less speed then Pets,you will see how for exammple Cave Maiden run after SUMMONER , and Pet behinde mob cant hit him just folow him.Pet have 40-50 more speed then Mob.Just chek it and see how mobs and pets Acts.I was playng Summoner from very first day of server bring ONLINE 1.0, even on test server.And i will be happy if you chek and fix all oround Summoners adn his pets ,cuse i am bored to play Mage on lvl 60++++  with spell 35 lvl.And last thing my Questin about EWx and EAx is for A Grade Scrools :) I know very well where others drop ,and yes is have description on server info about this MOD.Exept OLY or maby somme RB`s,will have regular mobs to drop it?

Maby is good idea to see how this Work on Offi servers.Cuse in the past i was play for a while on RU and EU Offi PAY servers and this Acts betwin mobs and Pets is lot difrent than HERE in this server.And i mean ONLY AUTOATACKS ,skill range is fine !

Ty for you patience to read my bad englis.I dont whana snort,i whant to, you guys make Best server ONLINE for now :) 

P.S.And by the way for CUSTOM Pets ,it is so easy to make this Pets to Buff only Summoner,and none else.This is  some kind of compromise.So Summoners will have the buffs but cannot share with others.This is proper kind of HELP to this Class.

BTW I play only Summoner, and if someone is not play here IN THIS SERVER summoner  pls dont speak how Easy is to play summoner.How Overpower is summoner.

And one more thing i am not sure skill Spirit Sharing working right.

Lvl. to Learn Skill Lvl Description MP Consume HP Consume SP Items Needed for Learn.
44 1 For 20 min. character's P.Atk. +4%, M. Atk. +4%, Atk. Spd. +4%, Casting Spd. +4%, P./M. Critical Rate +10. Transfers master's enchanced skills to the servitor. Consumes 5 Spirit Ore. 39 0 140000 Spellbook: Spirit Sharing Spellbook: Spirit Sharing — 1 pcs.
62 2 For 20 min. character's P.Atk. +7%, M. Atk. +7%, Atk. Spd. +7%, Casting Spd. +7%, P./M. Critical Rate +20. Transfers master's enchanced skills to the servitor. Consumes 5 Spirit Ore. 58 0 850000  
70 3 For 20 min. character's P.Atk. +10%, M. Atk. +10%, Atk. Spd. +10%, Casting Spd. +10%, P./M. Critical Rate +30. Transfers master's enchanced skills to the servitor. Consumes 5 Spirit Ore. 65 0

So i hope my pet will have more crt rate if i was equip  Dagger????

Edited by Koliu3
forgot to write somthing

7 hours ago, user12345 said:

You calling this a nerf, but it's not. It is literally class change from support to "secondary dd". You are thinking i have "lack of information", but before creating ES i did a little research, but i didn't find any information, cause there WAS NOT ANY INFORMATION that admins will remove their custom changes in 2.0, the only info i found on forum was admin's words that they aren't planning to do the same game as in official servers.  Is it not enough to be sure that custom summons will stay and create that char? NOW THEY CHANGED THEIR MIND. IS IT MY FAULT?

I understand  that on "official classic" there weren't mass cubics, custom pets etc, but we aren't official. And if it's not a bug, but server's feature why not to use it on your side?

I think you are not only class like that. I believe Destros will get this kind of nerf as well. They had their Frenzy boosted (because nobody played them? or idk, i found other topic where they were literally thinking to add rush to them), but i believe frenzy will get to work off like and even if they had added rush, it would be getting deleted as well, and i doubt same kind of cry topic would appear (or if, then i wouldnt bet that community would support destros in that kind of topic).

To put it right, it was customly added to balance summoners, however with incomming boosts to this class, custom boosts are not needed to keep the class "alive", because they will be strong enough to find their place.

@San0 i have a questions for you. Will be all custom changes removed in 2.0?For example, the aden castle moves to NPC, players with lvl 76 start with lvl 75 and 100% and all custom skills are removed.

• Thanks 1

I wonder if there any more ways to explain some close-minded people who keep posting videos of high-lvl pvp summoners in OE equip and trying to refute what i didnt said, that 2.0 summoners problem not in the nerfs of skills, but in the absolute change of gameplay and party usefullness compared to 1.5 update.
If I should explain this like for a child, I would say that in case of other classes nerfs or buffs they just become weaker or stronger, but keep their gameplay and party role.
But in current summoners case, they are totally loosing former party role, which was the point of gameplay for lots of summoner players.

Was it good or bad - it doesnt matters now.
If it has to change - I dont mind.

But its absolutely unfair for a people who werent informed about that changes, who lost hundreds of hours and lots of real money targeting for a party support profession, and suddenly got a secondary damage dealer for low-level not-so-good party. That wasnt their choice. And that never happend even on custom Lineage servers - player classes were buffed or nerfed, but never changed from one role to another. Tanks always were tanks, Supports always were a Supports, and so on. 

If this server summoners from the start had no custom skills - I've had no complaints, because I knew what im going for. 
If this server summoners from the start had an open information that some skills would be deleted - I've had no complaints, because I knew what im going for. 

But suddenly releasing a patchnote with something like this, and referring to some casual messages - not even an announcement - about custom summons posted years ago - is a deception for a players who got pig in a poke, instead of what they were expecting.

@San0 Hey! Please, check on what im saying. Im really trying to be objective, and not pursuit only my own interest here. 
Three our parties were planned with alive summoner players, and after next update all this summoners are loosing their party roles, because anything they can do - can be done better by other profession. I mean - its probably good to be capable of doing everything, just not as good as special classes, (for solo exp or pvp) but this wasnt what they all were expecting to get. A somewhat skill nerf for balancing purposes - probably, but not total party support role deletion. Now they are forced to pay money for class change, or stop playing, because they wont be able to get main party level quickly enough. It would be fair enough to review summons party buff stats (in lower side, ofc), or do as you planned, but give a free class change opportunity. 

Also, i wish to ask you about Summon buffs delevel to lvl1. I feel like it was provoked by pony buff, which are totally replacement for EE buffs. But cat and nightshade buffs are not even closely enough for a physical party, besides they can not provide MP recharge. That's why SE will never be replaced by summoner in physical party. Besides, sumonners buff were originally meant for solo-purposes, so it will be a great idea to make this buffs solo-targeted only. Like a pony MP recharge skill. 

Edited by Asterra

19 minutes ago, Asterra said:

I wonder if there any more ways to explain some close-minded people, that 2.0 summoners problem not in the nerfs of skills, but in the absolute change of gameplay and party usefullness compared to 1.5 update.
If I should explain this like for a child, I would say that in case of other classes nerfs or buffs they just become weaker or stronger, but keep their gameplay and party role.
But in current summoners case, they are totally loosing former party role, which was the point of gameplay for lots of summoner players.

But its absolutely unfair for a people who werent informed about that changes, who lost hundreds of hours and lots of real money targeting for a party support profession, and suddenly got a secondary damage dealer for low-level not-so-good party. That wasnt their choice. And that never happend even on custom Lineage servers - player classes were buffed or nerfed, but never changed from one role to another. Tanks always were tanks, Supports always were a Supports, and so on. 

People didnt seem to complain when party summons were added and their role from summoner as secondary DD/secondary healer changed to buff support/cleanser. Or? Hopefully even you can see how big game changing addition is this and how they screw up pvps, especially at this update. Just to give you idea: Song of renewal from sws 77 third class is giving 20% skill cooldown reduction, 78 lvl Song of champion gives 10% skill cooldown reduction AND now you take gift of seraphim? BAM, 30% cooldown reduction from lvl 56, good, good. Lets take Blessing of queen? Chant of Victory gives 15% crit rate/dmg and guess what? Blessing gives 25% crit rate and 20% crit damage from lvl 56. Seems legit, right? Not to say that strongest spell in current version, silence, which is debuff you cannot get rid off for 60s, disabling any caster from whole fight can be cleansed by PARTY CLEANSE, even our bishop is complaining how useless he is because he cannot do anything once people get debuffed because of lack of cleanse, but hey, enemies have running pony spamming this cleanse and they are good to go.

39 minutes ago, Asterra said:

I wonder if there any more ways to explain some close-minded people who keep posting high-lvl pvp summoners in OE equip and trying to refute what i didnt said, that 2.0 summoners problem not in the nerfs of skills, but in the absolute change of gameplay and party usefullness compared to 1.5 update.

Was it good or bad - it doesnt matters now.
If it has to change - I dont mind.

If this server summoners from the start had no custom skills - I've had no complaints, because I knew what im going for. 
If this server summoners from the start had an open information that some skills would be deleted - I've had no complaints, because I knew what im going for. 

But suddenly releasing a patchnote with something like this, and referring to some casual messages - not even an announcement - about custom summons posted years ago - is a deception for a players who got pig in a poke, instead of what they were expecting.

@San0 Hey! Please, check on what im saying. Im really trying to be objective, and not pursuit only my own interest here. 
Three our parties were planned with alive summoner players, and after next update all this summoners are loosing their party roles, because anything they can do - can be done better by other profession. I mean - its probably good to be capable of doing everything, just not as good as special classes, (for solo exp or pvp) but this wasnt what they all were expecting to get. A somewhat skill nerf for balancing purposes - probably, but not total party support role deletion. Now they are forced to pay money for class change, or stop playing, because they wont be able to get main party level quickly enough. It would be fair enough to review summons party buff stats (in lower side, ofc), or do as you planned, but give a free class change opportunity. 

Also, i wish to ask you about Summon buffs delevel to lvl1. I feel like it was provoked by pony buff, which are totally replacement for EE buffs. But cat and nightshade buffs are not even closely enough for a physical party, besides they can not provide MP recharge. That's why SE will never be replaced by summoner in physical party. Besides, sumonners buff were originally meant for solo-purposes, so it will be a great idea to make this buffs solo-targeted only. Like a pony MP recharge skill. 

+

20 minutes ago, Reaper said:

People didnt seem to complain when party summons were added and their role from summoner as secondary DD/secondary healer changed to buff support/cleanser. Or? Hopefully even you can see how big game changing addition is this and how they screw up pvps, especially at this update. Just to give you idea: Song of renewal from sws 77 third class is giving 20% skill cooldown reduction, 78 lvl Song of champion gives 10% skill cooldown reduction AND now you take gift of seraphim? BAM, 30% cooldown reduction from lvl 56, good, good. Lets take Blessing of queen? Chant of Victory gives 15% crit rate/dmg and guess what? Blessing gives 25% crit rate and 20% crit damage from lvl 56. Seems legit, right? Not to say that strongest spell in current version, silence, which is debuff you cannot get rid off for 60s, disabling any caster from whole fight can be cleansed by PARTY CLEANSE, even our bishop is complaining how useless he is because he cannot do anything once people get debuffed because of lack of cleanse, but hey, enemies have running pony spamming this cleanse and they are good to go.

Oh, here we go again...
Ive already said multiple times that balancing issues should be dealt anyway.
If summon blessings and cleanse should be removed - its ok, but not without any compensation to those, who choosed to play summoners as a main class, as it was before 2.0 update. Yes, they get pet SS, but this is totally another story - they will loose their former role and party they were playing in for a long time.  
So if you look closely - Im not protecting summoners as they are now. Im just trying to get what players deserve - a summoners they chosed to play (with some tweaks, cleanse deletion and hard blessing nerfs), or a class change, if first option couldnt be done.

Sorry, I cant explain this to you again and again, after you keep making things up for your own sake, and write totally not what im really trying to say here. 

GL

Edited by Asterra

Change to cures must be done as programmed , maybe change recharge on self and nerf the value of blessing , but let the buff effect unchanged , lvl 1 buff was useless solo and effect 3 buff cannot remove recharger/buffer  from pt maybe help with mp menagement on buffing fase or cover some buff missing in lower pt, but for sure u will need a healer class in anyway for recharge/cleance

no use on oly sound fair

On 8/22/2017 at 5:02 PM, San0 said:

Mass Cubics:

MASS CUBICS WILL BE REMOVED FROM THE GAME. Characters who already have this skills learned will be refunded of the SP cost according to the lvl of the skill they have.

The idea we had planed for the mass cubics wouldnt be working as intended there for mass cubics are being removed from the game with 2.0 update.

this is also the last time something will be changed on this matter.

so as for final decision:

pets stay without blessings, with nerfed cures and with weaker buffs.

mass cubics will be removed.

• Like 2

It's still what i not expected but better than previous anouncement... But still those custom summons will be ilogical, unless you give them on earlier lvl not on lvl 56... (every scroll is better, every lower lvl buffer better, and so on...) If u want exp efectively u can't go to exp spot with that buffs, lol...

And that will be nonsense, so just simply remove them...

Edited by Lafi

11 minutes ago, Lafi said:

It's still what i not expected but better than previous anouncement... But stil those custom summons will be ilogical, unless you give them on earlier lvl not on lvl 56... (every scroll is better, every lower lvl buffer better, and so on...) If u want exp efectively u can't go to exp spot with that buffs, lol...

And that will be nonsense, so just simply remove them...

Sure, exp to 58 to learn seraphin with buffs low than lvl 30 pp se, no sense. Now if buffs lv 3 like empower, acumen can buff only the summoner and no other people, can help him exp without of party ofc.

Better remove seraphin, but they will  not do it. Then..

Sry my English.

Edited by RoolBack

@RoolBack Agreed now in 1.5 he can stands role of full buffer for mage party (ES) and this is not good either.

4 minutes ago, RoolBack said:

Better remove seraphin, but they will  not do it.

+1

2 hours ago, Drizzt Do Urden said:

Why deleting a post for an emoticon ? was a bit of sarcasm cause for this pets ss we will pay a bit too hard but cancelling an emoticon guys come on ...

• News 
  •  l2classic.club 2.0 update patch notes