kktnxbye

Bugs bounty in OBT

Bugs bounty in OBT  

41 members have voted

1. 1. Make good rewards for a bugs found in OBT?

Look like that an envy works better than a common sense. They don't test for themselves and don't want to anyone to have anything for the testing.

Well, admins team can agree with these envy ppl and just buy testers for $. Or they can do that using game values for players. Their choice anyway.

Stupid or what? No bugs found - u play on bugged server if u like it. Bugs found - reward = playable server.

Edited by kkthx

7 hours ago, Pendragon said:

Why wouldnt you make good rewards for finding bugs? Those who voted no please give me your side of opinion.

I voted no and reason is simple. I saw there is also normal report section and i think people there werent getting anything for finding bugs on live server (Thus you could apply same logic of kkthx post on those as well).

So my question is, why is this OBT related instead of being general? Thats what made me say "no" to this certain suggestion.

• Like 1

1) Not everyone is willing to sacrifice their time for good of others. Sure there're some good hearted people who do this because they're heroes and care about the server but there's not nearly enough of them. The more testers we get to OBT the faster we'll get it live (and in better condition, too)
2) Not all bugs are exactly restrictive, if you know what I mean. Giving players motivation to report these bugs instead of waiting to abuse it on live can prevent some awkward and dangerous situations.

These are two definite reasons why bug bounty hunting is vastly positive thing and should be implemented as soon as possible. End of topic.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, FryderykChopin said:

1) Not everyone is willing to sacrifice their time for good of others. Sure there're some good hearted people who do this because they're heroes and care about the server but there's not nearly enough of them. The more testers we get to OBT the faster we'll get it live (and in better condition, too)
2) Not all bugs are exactly restrictive, if you know what I mean. Giving players motivation to report these bugs instead of waiting to abuse it on live can prevent some awkward and dangerous situations.

These are two definite reasons why bug bounty hunting is vastly positive thing and should be implemented as soon as possible. End of topic.

End of topic.

5 hours ago, kkthx said:

Stupid or what? No bugs found - u play on bugged server if u like it. Bugs found - reward = playable server.

I'm not getting you. Are you agreeing that we need the reward system but voted "no"?

@Reaper So you are voted "no" just because ppl who reported bugs for 1.5 didnt get a reward? That's why admins should not do this for 2.0(to make it move to live faster)? I thought that every sane person understand that the bug bounty is the well-known solution to make any products better. 

I'm trying to understand the logic why ppl voted "no" and still cant imagine the possible reasons.

20 minutes ago, kktnxbye said:

@Reaper So you are voted "no" just because ppl who reported bugs for 1.5 didnt get a reward? That's why admins should not do this for 2.0(to make it move to live faster)? I thought that every sane person understand that the bug bounty is the well-known solution to make any products better. 

Yes, i voted "no" because i dont like how this suggestion is formulated, why should people who find bugs on OBT get reward but then if ppl find bugs on 2.0 live wouldnt get it? It wasnt same in the past and nobody minded it, eventho there were many bugs found (i guess u could notice there were quite few reports, not just few), i wonder why you got this idea just right now, or doesnt matter the past, why didnt u make suggestion to give rewards generally after finding bugs? Because doesnt matter how much u try, the bugs will be there even when they release it to live

1 hour ago, Reaper said:

Yes, i voted "no" because i dont like how this suggestion is formulated, why should people who find bugs on OBT get reward but then if ppl find bugs on 2.0 live wouldnt get it? It wasnt same in the past and nobody minded it, eventho there were many bugs found (i guess u could notice there were quite few reports, not just few), i wonder why you got this idea just right now, or doesnt matter the past, why didnt u make suggestion to give rewards generally after finding bugs? Because doesnt matter how much u try, the bugs will be there even when they release it to live

We can make it for live server too, sure. But now all should be focussed for fast 2.0 on live. The reasons are already explained in General Discussion topic

I would say yes in some extend. maybe make it a competition, but with only cosmetic prizes tough.
Because they are contributing to the community.

2 hours ago, Stiba007 said:

I vote NO as every wise player.

@JerrySM Take your crying puppy back to home.

We are still heared 0 argument of "NO". And I'm sure that ppl don't give a single f*ck what is the "retarded emperor" is thinking.

Its depraved.

If population on live server will be low, do u want reward activ players too?

I havent problem with delay. All players which are boring in game can go help with look bugs. 

I and few hundreds players havent lvl, equip on patch 2.0. I dont care that many CP have it. I care about fair terms for all in live server. U wrote reward AQ. Wtf? Are u mad?

1 hour ago, Stiba007 said:

Its depraved.

I havent problem with delay. All players which are boring in game can go help with look bugs. 

I and few hundreds players havent lvl, equip on patch 2.0. I dont care that many CP have it. I care about fair terms for all in live server. U wrote reward AQ. Wtf? Are u mad?

The population will be lower and lower with the 2.0 delay. It's evidently to anyone exept of you. Ppl will not go help for free. It's fcking fact. The bugs bounty is used everywhere for many ears now, even the company who reject it - gave up and accepted its usefullness. Google it if your common sense is absent.

QA is farmed EVERY day. And I suggested to offer only 1 to the most helpfull guy. Its not so OP u know, its not orf\core lvl 3. It's ~1.5year of epics on this sever and it's already ~170 QA on the server if take 33% of the chance, What 1 QA will change? Are u stupid?

6+ CP + many solo playes already left, and you are talking about "I and few hundreds players havent lvl"? And "equip"? It's only epics are needed for 2.0 cause of Oly.  Are u farming epics? No. cause you and your ally\chinas are useless crap who didn't achieve anything on this server without biggest zerg.

6 hours ago, kktnxbye said:

The population will be lower and lower with the 2.0 delay. It's evidently to anyone exept of you. Ppl will not go help for free. It's fcking fact. The bugs bounty is used everywhere for many ears now, even the company who reject it - gave up and accepted its usefullness. Google it if your common sense is absent.

QA is farmed EVERY day. And I suggested to offer only 1 to the most helpfull guy. Its not so OP u know, its not orf\core lvl 3. It's ~1.5year of epics on this sever and it's already ~170 QA on the server if take 33% of the chance, What 1 QA will change? Are u stupid?

6+ CP + many solo playes already left, and you are talking about "I and few hundreds players havent lvl"? And "equip"? It's only epics are needed for 2.0 cause of Oly.  Are u farming epics? No. cause you and your ally\chinas are useless crap who didn't achieve anything on this server without biggest zerg.

Wow. Did you see "Stream competition" or this "2.0 competition" rewards? And you are asking for AQ for the most helpful guys for these bugs found (From what i saw in this report section, most of the reports were just 3rd class quests or some visual bugs). Do you realize if they really wanted to have their stuff tested, instead of this they could hire some guy who they would pay normally to find bugs and it would be much better? Just because there are many AQs on the server, they are still not even close to be sold on daily basis, so yeah, 1 QA will change something.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Reaper said:

Wow. Did you see "Stream competition" or this "2.0 competition" rewards? And you are asking for AQ for the most helpful guys for these bugs found (From what i saw in this report section, most of the reports were just 3rd class quests or some visual bugs). Do you realize if they really wanted to have their stuff tested, instead of this they could hire some guy who they would pay normally to find bugs and it would be much better? Just because there are many AQs on the server, they are still not even close to be sold on daily basis, so yeah, 1 QA will change something.

Are u seriously don't understand that they trying to save money instead of normal ad (context,sreamers,forums,servers tops), and for testing as well?

First of all - my rewards are only suggested as an example. It could be anything else like agathions or cols or whatever. Learn to read first.

Is it your first server or what? Epics were always mainly exchanged for clanhalls\another epics\OE equip. To be sold on daily basis - they should be dropped on daily basis. Go google drop chance for epics and their respawn time. And who told you that there is no trade for epics? It's rare but there is some deals on the market, you are just not such a caliber if you dont know that.

"Do you realize if they really wanted to have their stuff tested" - so you are imply that our server administration do not want 2.0 to be tested? I guess I will stop our disscussion here.

Edited by kktnxbye

4 minutes ago, kktnxbye said:

To be sold on daily basis - they should be dropped on daily basis. Go google drop chance for epics and their respawn time. And who told you that there is no trade for epics? It's rare but there is some deals on the market, you are just not such a caliber if you dont know that.

"Do you realize if they really wanted to have their stuff tested" - so you are imply that our server administration do not want 2.0 to be tested? I guess I will stop our disscussion here.

Oh, so there is not >at least< 1 epic spawning every day? Trading of epics? You mean people selling them and buying for money? That is your definition of trading? I saw you commenting about several RMT accusations on this server in past, i believe you are well aware of this problem as well, arent you? Unless you have lots of money, nobody is "Caliber" you are speaking of.

Yes, i subtly do. I believe if they really wanted to push 2.0 release to their limits, they had their opportunities to do so, which they declined, by giving rewards like this, its not like you will speed process by 50% or even anywhere close to it 

On 6. 9. 2017 at 2:15 PM, Stiba007 said:

Its depraved.

Subjective feeling

No because there's no reason to reward them. Even though you mayargue that by simply playing they're doing their part in building the community, this 'work' is beneficial on both sides and thus is more of a symbiotic relationship. Meanwhile people on OBT are sacrificing their free time for the profit of entire community without recieving anything back.

Not sure if these were supposed to be arguments against bugs bounty (?)

So all in all still not a single objective argument against rewarding players for helping finding bugs on OBT.

In case anybody missed it, here are objective reasons why bugs bounty program is necessary:

A. Getting more people to OBT and
2. Motivating the current and new testers to find bugs actively, leading to
C. Getting the 2.0 files as optimilized as possible, alongside with
D. Getting the optimilized 2.0 files to live server as soon as possible, leading further to
5. Halting the decline of current playerbase (some of them which may potentially leave for good)
F. Soft prevention of the concealment of abusable bugs

The reward can be a part of the discussion. I personally would suggest that XP/SP scrolls should be at least part of the reward, to make up for the time spent beta testing instead of farming. As someone mentioned above, the competition system would drastically increase the effectiveness of the testing due to its nature. However, the question of whether or not should we reward the beta testers is solved; there're multiple reason why it's highly beneficial and not a single argument has been made against it. The sooner the rewards are announced, the better

And just for the record I'm not even testing (I spent roughly half hour in OBT in total).

1 hour ago, FryderykChopin said:

So all in all still not a single objective argument against rewarding players for helping finding bugs on OBT.

Except this is not OBT, just because they "call" it like that doesnt mean it is. If they really want things to be done, they can go back to CBT, invite those people which are actively testing right now and cooperate with them closely on solving issues. And then reward those players corresponding to how much job they did.

1 hour ago, Reaper said:

Except this is not OBT, just because they "call" it like that doesnt mean it is. If they really want things to be done, they can go back to CBT, invite those people which are actively testing right now and cooperate with them closely on solving issues. And then reward those players corresponding to how much job they did.

Sure many people just screw around in OBT... Which is exactly a reason why bug bounty needs to be implemented, you mobilize the people to do something useful. The difference bettween CBT w/ invitations and OBT w/ bug bounty program is that you get 10 times more work done with the latter.

@FryderykChopin Just leave it. You trying to convince totally braindead ppl. Ppl who don't understand and accept the usefullness of bugs bounty do not deserve any conversation. They are arguing about rewards when even didnt bother to read that it's opened for disscussion.

Edited by kktnxbye

19 minutes ago, FryderykChopin said:

Sure many people just screw around in OBT... Which is exactly a reason why bug bounty needs to be implemented, you mobilize the people to do something useful. The difference bettween CBT w/ invitations and OBT w/ bug bounty program is that you get 10 times more work done with the latter.

10 times more done in OBT? Dude, there are probably like 10 people who really try to find bugs on OBT, others are just screwing up. You want to tell me that if those 10 people were invited to CBT and were closely working with admins that they wouldnt do more than this OBT clown parade?

1 hour ago, Reaper said:

10 times more done in OBT? Dude, there are probably like 10 people who really try to find bugs on OBT, others are just screwing up. You want to tell me that if those 10 people were invited to CBT and were closely working with admins that they wouldnt do more than this OBT clown parade?

That's the thing, these people who screw around just aren't motivated enough for bug hunting... I say give them a little something to look forward to and watch the results. There is absolutely nothing to lose.

@kktnxbye I just want that 2.0 asap :D