kktnxbye

Bugs bounty in OBT

Bugs bounty in OBT  

41 members have voted

1. 1. Make good rewards for a bugs found in OBT?

On 6. 9. 2017 at 2:15 PM, Stiba007 said:

Its depraved.

If population on live server will be low, do u want reward activ players too?

I havent problem with delay. All players which are boring in game can go help with look bugs. 

I and few hundreds players havent lvl, equip on patch 2.0. I dont care that many CP have it. I care about fair terms for all in live server. U wrote reward AQ. Wtf? Are u mad?

Wow sure we are fucking lucky we prevented this bug hunting rewards so that there's no extra single level 1 QA on the server. 1 extra lv 1 QA would be so much worse than dozens of extra heroes.

16je1s.jpg

Also whew we're so fortunate that epics aren't being held by no randoms because they totally aren't being traded on RMT on daily basis and last price I didn't check (it didn't take me under minute to find it) wasn't 160 euro for AQ level 1.

Edited by FryderykChopin

2 hours ago, FryderykChopin said:

Wow sure we are fucking lucky we prevented this bug hunting rewards so that there's no extra single level 1 QA on the server. 1 extra lv 1 QA would be so much worse than dozens of extra heroes.

16je1s.jpg

Also whew we're so fortunate that epics aren't being held by no randoms because they totally aren't being traded on RMT on daily basis and last price I didn't check (it didn't take me under minute to find it) wasn't 160 euro for AQ level 1.

there are already rewards for testing, just dont be mad, because u havent deserved one so u dont know.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, BlackJack said:

there are already rewards for testing, just dont be mad, because u havent deserved one so u dont know.

tenor.gif

The rewards are utterly irrelevant now; we needed them announced before so we could get more people testing in OBT when it was necessary, but it was prevented by people crying about testers getting "free items" (as shown above).

2 hours ago, FryderykChopin said:

tenor.gif

The rewards are utterly irrelevant now; we needed them announced before so we could get more people testing in OBT when it was necessary, but it was prevented by people crying about testers getting "free items" (as shown above).

im talking about ppl who got rewards way before any announcements or w/e, as you said u just dont know about it, since ppl like u only got interested in helping cuze of rewards.

ppl who rly deserved rewards and were helping cuze they wanted to imrpove the server and not benefit personally ( LOL GIEF ME REWADS AND ILL TEST STUFF ) got rewarded with some very cool stuff and guess what they didnt ask for shit.

E,g, I discovered this bug: ( check mattack and cast speed )

But instead of keeping it for myself  and abusing it, and i was sure nobody knew about it, i instantly reported it. Guess what? the only thing i got from it is playing on a better server. Jeez i hate human kind sometimes, hurp durr ill help but only for rewards derrrrrp.

b51f8aa278fb97799b1d25c37b373fea.png

Do I need to continue with examples? E,g my party discovered a bug with epic jewels stats, we knew nobody knew about it, we tested it, they were bugged and gave some extra stats, but instead of abusing it, we reported it instantly. What we didnt do is come on forum and cry for rewards.

Edited by BlackJack
  • Like 1

On 5.09.2017 at 10:33 AM, Pendragon said:

Why wouldnt you make good rewards for finding bugs? Those who voted no please give me your side of opinion.

Because there are many bugs reported but no1 fix em yet for long time

Edited by Rizos

3 hours ago, BlackJack said:

im talking about ppl who got rewards way before any announcements or w/e, as you said u just dont know about it, since ppl like u only got interested in helping cuze of rewards.

ppl who rly deserved rewards and were helping cuze they wanted to imrpove the server and not benefit personally ( LOL GIEF ME REWADS AND ILL TEST STUFF ) got rewarded with some very cool stuff and guess what they didnt ask for shit.

E,g, I discovered this bug: ( check mattack and cast speed )

But instead of keeping it for myself  and abusing it, and i was sure nobody knew about it, i instantly reported it. Guess what? the only thing i got from it is playing on a better server. Jeez i hate human kind sometimes, hurp durr ill help but only for rewards derrrrrp.

b51f8aa278fb97799b1d25c37b373fea.png

Do I need to continue with examples? E,g my party discovered a bug with epic jewels stats, we knew nobody knew about it, we tested it, they were bugged and gave some extra stats, but instead of abusing it, we reported it instantly. What we didnt do is come on forum and cry for rewards.

Dude you're so far from my point it's incredible. I'm not sure if you're trolling me right now, but let me clarify few points:

Listen: I do NOT care about any rewards for myself. I played on this server way before you did, and since I'm an active trader I got into a point I can afford literally anything I want.

Also, I did basically zero testing in pre-2.0 beta and nothing would've changed if there were rewards simply because I - personally - didn't have much free time 3Q/4Q2017.

My point is - and please take a good note of this because I don't feel like repeating it again - was attracting more people to do the beta testing. It's not some kind of revolutionary idea - every fucking company which is developing products is either hiring professional testers or attracts people to test their products in the beta stage so they can ship the finished product. Here admins didn't have to pay a single dime for testers - literally all it took was give some basic rewards to motivate people to go to the OBT and start looking for the bugs. Someone suggested QA for the best testers - why the fuck not? Tons of people would've rushed into OBT for a chance to get epic jewel. Then 2.0 ships to live - tons of testers would've geared up live for their deserved work, someone would've actually gotten an epic jewel, but what's important and what's the only relevant factor here - the files would've been in much healthier state.

But the plan was sabotaged by people of your kind who just couldn't see the whole picture and admins either didn't want to listen to your whines about "free items" or were simply discouraged by people offering zero arguments against the project.

14 minutes ago, FryderykChopin said:

Dude you're so far from my point it's incredible. I'm not sure if you're trolling me right now, but let me clarify few points:

Listen: I do NOT care about any rewards for myself. I played on this server way before you did, and since I'm an active trader I got into a point I can afford literally anything I want.

Also, I did basically zero testing in pre-2.0 beta and nothing would've changed if there were rewards simply because I - personally - didn't have much free time 3Q/4Q2017.

My point is - and please take a good note of this because I don't feel like repeating it again - was attracting more people to do the beta testing. It's not some kind of revolutionary idea - every fucking company which is developing products is either hiring professional testers or attracts people to test their products in the beta stage so they can ship the finished product. Here admins didn't have to pay a single dime for testers - literally all it took was give some basic rewards to motivate people to go to the OBT and start looking for the bugs. Someone suggested QA for the best testers - why the fuck not? Tons of people would've rushed into OBT for a chance to get epic jewel. Then 2.0 ships to live - tons of testers would've geared up live for their deserved work, someone would've actually gotten an epic jewel, but what's important and what's the only relevant factor here - the files would've been in much healthier state.

But the plan was sabotaged by people of your kind who just couldn't see the whole picture and admins either didn't want to listen to your whines about "free items" or were simply discouraged by people offering zero arguments against the project.

Beta testers were rewarded. You are clueless. SORRY!

CBT testers got indeed rewarded for their time spent checking stuff, althou i doubt that was ever meant to be made of "public knowledge", since it was restricted just to few selected people.

rewards for "general" testing, on the other hand, would have been fine as long as it was just unique cosmetic items, stuff like hats, costumes and so on. basicly nothing game-changing.

the whole idea went down the wrong path the moment epic jewelry was suggested as a reward, because in that moment it lost all meaning and credibility, and was seen just as another method to "gearing up easy".

the actual real problem is from another different source anyway. it's not only about bugs themself, but rather about how they've been handled so far despite all the reports and tests.
i won't bother going further into details, since there's really no point in doing so. i have already seen more than enough, and i have already taken my conclusions for myself.

Edited by Arcanum

I just noticed its fking old topic. Im fine with rewards but for all bug report, not only on some test server and if they are normal (ye there are "joke" rewards already for making guides on forum and id rather make guide for free than for 20 col)

13 hours ago, Rizos said:

Beta testers were rewarded. You are clueless. SORRY!

Am I talking to 5 year olds?

THE ACTUAL REWARDS SENT AFTER THE TESTING ARE COMPLETELY, 100% IRRELEVANT.

What was important, and what's my only actual point here if you guys bothered to read, was that ADMINS WERE SUPPOSED TO MAKE A CAMPAIGN FOR BUG HUNTING TO GET MORE PEOPLE TO OBT. This way there was no reward announced and thus the only people rewarded were those who would test anyway. Most people didn't bother because they weren't motivated enough to do.

Once the testing was done they could just send them a Thread and a thanks note for all I care. 

Is this clear enough to you or do you want me to draw you a picture?

Edited by FryderykChopin

you're also forgetting one more important thing: many people were dropping from the sinking ship( and some still are ) back at that time because other servers with 2.0 were opening as well, hence why they had to haste opening a Live server here with 2.0 running, even if that meant being utterly bugged and broken like it is now.

making a campaign for bugs hunting would have probably postponed the Live launch even further, leading to an even bigger loss of people in the long run.

i suppose i don't need to explain you what loosing people means for a private server that lives mainly with "donations" and other similar services.

so as you can see, regardless of the choices that have been made so far, the outcome would have still been bad in any case.

now, for the sake of the discussion, you should ask yourself this: how long do you think it will take before we see a 2.5 version running here, without bugs and with all the pre/current 2.0 bugs fixed properly?

i'll put you out of doubt: that's not going to happen anytime soon, and probably never will.

we may end up getting a bugged 2.5 eventually, maybe the next year being very optimistic, but that's all about it.