Sign in to follow this  
J4cKDan13L

Actual Raid Boss META and 2.0 META

Hi, I am new in this server and I noticed the strange attitute to kill raids with bows even if you have a mage class, probably due of mana that runs out really fast... 

My question is, will it be changed  or it will stay like this even in the new 2.0 classic? 

Wouldn't be more "fair" to reduce RB m.def (maybe keeping an high debuff resistance) for give to mages and  recharge supporters the role that they deserve?

Just my 2 cents (yes I bring the water to my own mill, as we say in Italy).

18 minutes ago, J4cKDan13L said:

Hi, I am new in this server and I noticed the strange attitute to kill raids with bows even if you have a mage class, probably due of mana that runs out really fast... 

My question is, will it be changed  or it will stay like this even in the new 2.0 classic? 

Wouldn't be more "fair" to reduce RB m.def (maybe keeping an high debuff resistance) for give to mages and  recharge supporters the role that they deserve?

Just my 2 cents (yes I bring the water to my own mill, as we say in Italy).

on patch 1,5 raid bosses have a lot more health as they were buffed.

in patch 2.0 they will have much less, but have 15min enrage.

Also mages can kill raidbosses just as fast if not faster, all you need is the pony buff.

Edited by BlackJack
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, BlackJack said:

on patch 1,5 raid bosses have a lot more health as they were buffed.

in patch 2.0 they will have much less, but have 15min enrage.

Also mages can kill raidbosses just as fast if not faster, all you need is the pony buff.

Maybe in higher lvls things change but I just wanted to point out that it's  ridicolous to be kicked ourt a RB party if you don't have a bow even if you are a mage that "TEORICALLY" should be the highest DD... 

Its all about the buffs, Mage without empower 3 looses a lot of potential DPS and then has to sit to regen mana. Due to the downtime required to regenerate mana overall DPS potential get's really low. On the other hand average DD requires only haste 2 buff and can continously inflict dmg without any downtimes (+dance of fire is a massive boost which you get early on - lvl 40).

In the end I wouldn't cry about lower RB potential on early levels when being a Nuker since you are already uncomparably better at solo/aoe farming then most(all?) DD's. Nukers are simply too good in every aspect of the game :f

Edited by FinalFen
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, FinalFen said:

Its all about the buffs, Mage without empower 3 looses a lot of potential DPS and then has to sit to regen mana. Due to the downtime required to regenerate mana overall DPS potential get's really low. On the other hand average DD requires only haste 2 buff and can continously inflict dmg without any downtimes (+dance of fire is a massive boost which you get early on - lvl 40).

In the end I wouldn't cry about lower RB potential on early levels when being a Nuker since you are already uncomparably better at solo/aoe farming then most(all?) DD's. Nukers are simply too good in every aspect of the game :f

That's true but damn... RB are fun!  =(

• Like 1

1 hour ago, J4cKDan13L said:

That's true but damn... RB are fun!  =(

I kinda feel the same since im playing as EE and cant get into raid boss partys ._.

Btw what's fun about doing RB's ? You stand there pressing 1 key and afking for the most part. if your "fun" refers to gaiing exp while being afk, that's more of a convinience than fun :f

My personal opinion is that RB's shouldn't even be in this game (excluding EPIC's) it provokes passive gameplay, allows players to gain EXP at a very high rate while afking and are very limited (at least at well populated servers) to the vast of unorginised community while giving yet another unearned advantage to the CP's. Need of running around the map doing nothing, or relogging different checking chars, doesn't bring much to the gameplay either :)

22 minutes ago, FinalFen said:

Btw what's fun about doing RB's ? You stand there pressing 1 key and afking for the most part. if your "fun" refers to gaiing exp while being afk, that's more of a convinience than fun :f

My personal opinion is that RB's shouldn't even be in this game (excluding EPIC's) it provokes passive gameplay, allows players to gain EXP at a very high rate while afking and are very limited (at least at well populated servers) to the vast of unorginised community while giving yet another unearned advantage to the CP's. Need of running around the map doing nothing, or relogging different checking chars, doesn't bring much to the gameplay either :)

... well when you kill raids as it supposed to be every role is important and even a little error can compromise the whole party raid, I mean serious raids that you can't simply manage running in circle cuz they move at extreme speed, that means you need a tank that keeps aggro on him, healers that heal tank and recharge him for hate aura spam, buffers that buff and res the dead ones and DD of any kind... that's how we killed raids back in good old days in another server... and trust me... it wan't just press 1 button like it's here...

(yes I love to spam  (...) everywhere)

34 minutes ago, FinalFen said:

I think you can still call it fun when you feel regarded for killing a raid.

12 hours ago, eXistenZ said:

In 2.5 version Raid Bosses gain x3 hp and is impossible to kill them with one party. I suppose that in this server they will change that...

Soon.

On 6.09.2017 at 1:34 PM, J4cKDan13L said:

... well when you kill raids as it supposed to be every role is important and even a little error can compromise the whole party raid, I mean serious raids that you can't simply manage running in circle cuz they move at extreme speed, that means you need a tank that keeps aggro on him, healers that heal tank and recharge him for hate aura spam, buffers that buff and res the dead ones and DD of any kind... that's how we killed raids back in good old days in another server... and trust me... it wan't just press 1 button like it's here...

Don't know man, in the end it's still just a 9 party event where everyone hold 1 key - aggro / recharge / heal / attack / buff. No skill requirement or anything, As long as  you have good enough setup and equipment, it's just a repetitive crap :f

EPIC's are different story because they are a source of often nice mass pvp, but when it comes to regular raids, it's usually just a ninja action :ph34r:

But ofc I can understand why plenty of CP's / Clans appreciate Raids and are big fans of them.

14 hours ago, eXistenZ said:

Word of Warcraft have raids. Lineage 2 have a repetitive action is no fun at all

Maybe we had different experiences...  I had the most funny moment during our first tries in killing a RB while having wars at the same time... 

In a game where instances do not exist (at least in this "version") and you need to manage a RB and a clan war cool actions are always possible...

On 9/12/2017 at 9:29 AM, J4cKDan13L said:

Maybe we had different experiences...  I had the most funny moment during our first tries in killing a RB while having wars at the same time... 

In a game where instances do not exist (at least in this "version") and you need to manage a RB and a clan war cool actions are always possible...

i am talking about raid experience not doing raid and something else is funny at the same time. if you try wow raids you will see what i mean. incredible tactics and strategy. so bottom line is that raiding by itself is not fun in l2. its just an afk auto attack procedure that if you afk a lot you will die, that is the most exciting thing :)

Edited by eXistenZ

Yap. They are boring, unbalanced in terms of effort-reward and tedious to do - checking if they respawned, easily exploitable, hard for newer players to find them.

Biggest issue of mentioned raid's is that they are basically a CP/Clan feature. Non factor/casual people will never have the chance to participate in killing of higher lvl raids. So it's a feature for very small and selected group of people which at the same time is giving them insane advantages over vast mojority of community. L2 raids have almost all of the possible basic design flaws :f

35 minutes ago, Vanagas said:

In this server most raids are killed by random parties

Because normal CPs does level 60+ too fast to waste time on raids. And every know that raiding is slower than normal exping, its just something different.

Keep dreaming about bosses lets say 40+ in 2.0. Only very little amount of them will be killed by random parties thats for sure.

9 minutes ago, Kure said:

Keep dreaming about bosses lets say 40+ in 2.0. Only very little amount of them will be killed by random parties thats for sure.

I think bosses are boosted on 2.5

16 hours ago, ProGressive said:

Because normal CPs does level 60+ too fast to waste time on raids. And every know that raiding is slower than normal exping, its just something different.

If you have cams and know respawn of raids its way faster than any other way. Average raid is killed in 20 min +5min for lure and gives 5.5 -8.5 kk exp. With full buffed archer solo seal of shilen you can get 3.5kk exp per rebuff.  60+ Is whole another story since not much raids at that level. And money from raiding sux hard.

On ‎9‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 8:22 AM, FinalFen said:

Don't know man, in the end it's still just a 9 party event where everyone hold 1 key - aggro / recharge / heal / attack / buff. No skill requirement or anything, As long as  you have good enough setup and equipment, it's just a repetitive crap :f

EPIC's are different story because they are a source of often nice mass pvp, but when it comes to regular raids, it's usually just a ninja action :ph34r:

But ofc I can understand why plenty of CP's / Clans appreciate Raids and are big fans of them.

And where do L2 require skill ? attacking mobs? luring mobs? Epics doesn't require skil in l2, its not wow.