Sign in to follow this  
J4cKDan13L

Some nooby questions

-Does checking inventory from the auction section disconnect your offline shop?

-Does the report bot button action works? if yes does it get cosidered for potential ban?

-Is there a way to rid off those mail spammers in every damn city without blocking all the mails?

-Are we alone in the universe?

Edited by J4cKDan13L

-no

-no (u need report on report section forum or on discord - bot report channel)

-no (except they got banned if u report the nicknames, u need report on report section forum or on discord - bot report channel)

-no

Edited by kkthx

On 6/9/2017 at 11:25 AM, kkthx said:

-no

Cool

-no (u need report on report section forum or on discord - bot report channel)

Damn it would be a full-time work =/

-no (except they got banned if u report the nicknames, u need report on report section forum or on discord - bot report channel)

Never received a mail twice from the same nick...always  new random nicks, how about to block mail system until  lvl 21 unless you send/receive from a user in your friend list?

On 6/9/2017 at 11:25 AM, kkthx said:

-no

2. bot report button would be abused by players randomly reporting everybody, when u re sure u want to report bot and it is bot in ur opinion go forum, click new thread, write nickname, and thats mostly it, gms will check. Or as i said discord, even faster.

3. u never received mail from same nick coz ppl re reporting them pretty well on discord, there are also chat moderators ingame. We already blocked whispers until 21 lvl and adena sellers just started to make 21 lvl chars for shout, same would be with mail system, and opposite new players QQ that they cant whisper till 21 lvl so its pretty hard to do smthing and nobody will have problem with it.

3 hours ago, kkthx said:

2. bot report button would be abused by players randomly reporting everybody, when u re sure u want to report bot and it is bot in ur opinion go forum, click new thread, write nickname, and thats mostly it, gms will check. Or as i said discord, even faster.

I think people are exaggerating this. Especially since you have, by default, 7 report points per week (I'm not sure now but if I recall correctly it was also limited to one report per day), there's no point in randomly reporting everyone, especially since there's absolutely nothing to gain from it - it's not some automated process which would automatically ban someone who recieves X reports, it's really just to notify GMs to check that person. I mean sure there would be some people who would do it just for giggles but I honestly believe there wouldn't be enough of them to make it an actual issue.

The pros heavily outweight the (potential) cons - you mention discord as the fastest way. That still involves - even if we consider the lowest effort way without any screenshot/video etc. - going to some safe area, open net, finding the discord (since most people don't even realize there's one), then finding the appropriate room and then reporting the potential botters nick. And that's enough effort for the person to just say to himself "well sh*t maybe it's not a bot after all". I dare to say that this way absolute majority of bots who aren't directly affecting other players' farm go unreported.

On 8/9/2017 at 4:04 PM, FryderykChopin said:

I think people are exaggerating this. Especially since you have, by default, 7 report points per week (I'm not sure now but if I recall correctly it was also limited to one report per day), there's no point in randomly reporting everyone, especially since there's absolutely nothing to gain from it - it's not some automated process which would automatically ban someone who recieves X reports, it's really just to notify GMs to check that person. I mean sure there would be some people who would do it just for giggles but I honestly believe there wouldn't be enough of them to make it an actual issue.

The pros heavily outweight the (potential) cons - you mention discord as the fastest way. That still involves - even if we consider the lowest effort way without any screenshot/video etc. - going to some safe area, open net, finding the discord (since most people don't even realize there's one), then finding the appropriate room and then reporting the potential botters nick. And that's enough effort for the person to just say to himself "well sh*t maybe it's not a bot after all". I dare to say that this way absolute majority of bots who aren't directly affecting other players' farm go unreported.

Agree, that would simplify the GM job and will help to avoid the destruction of server's economy caused by bots.