suggestion for l2*3 to help serve keep more ppl

as we know . pvp is the most interesting things in l2..however .its the reasone why l2 lose people especially in our 2 years serve..as archor .we can zerg:) .when enenmy come .we logoff..but for most class .such as sws bd buffer mages .......  they need a spot and at  least 3-9 ppl to farm with. and strong ally fighting with other ally  about the spot at  different prime time zone.  

as a chinese played from last year Oct. i found people leave serve at lv 60+ .thats the lv farming in abg /sos/loa,,,,,we lose 90%ppl in the past 1 years .i think its the same problem in ally and enemy ally..fighting all the time .perhaps...3-4 hours means  - 5% exp..and stay in city doing nothing ...as times goes .lots of ppl will lose patience.what he got from game is not lvup  .but lv down...why people wont leave leave before 60? because RB.which can easily get pt and enjoy exp(even it is less than aoe in abg .or solo in foa/sos).why they leave after 60-65? cuz they can do nothing but killed or staying in city waiting for member to kill others.and neutral?sry..2years' serve .no neutral...

i suggest a copy which player can  get some exp from it without killed everyday.and pvp spot get high exp .copy get low exp and set a limit exp everyday.

im not the one who cant get exp .as a archor .it takes me 8 month(2-3hours farming everyday ,pretend as neutral before lv 70solo in sos..) to lv to lv 76without orfen  XDDDDDDDDDDD.but i hope more and more ppl stay here.not leave .i dont think russian serve is the most important reason of leaving . Login and can do nothing may be te reasone.

what do u think .ally and enenmy:)

its a topic to help everbody.so plz no abusing here :)  more ppl .more fun.

Edited by 88262500

That's classic version concept,solo players don't get to xp at top spots. Not even neutral cps. They can easily lvl up aoe/1by1 at low spots of bs or at doom knights near devastated  with decent xp. It will be even easier at 2.0 with new areas around Aden. If ppl QQ about -5% at 60-70lvl they shouldn't join classic server at all. So they either settle for this or feel free to hug aden GK for eternity. Afterall if u wanna play this game and get late game items etc u have to join a side.

PS. I envy casual players that don't qq and continue doing what pleases them.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Warpole said:

That's classic version concept,solo players don't get to xp at top spots. Not even neutral cps. They can easily lvl up aoe/1by1 at low spots of bs or at doom knights near devastated  with decent xp. It will be even easier at 2.0 with new areas around Aden. If ppl QQ about -5% at 60-70lvl they shouldn't join classic server at all. So they either settle for this or feel free to hug aden GK for eternity. Afterall if u wanna play this game and get late game items etc u have to join a side.

ifc... either bs and abg.if somebody want to hunt u .u can do nothing if u are not strong enough.we need some balance to protect weak's taste.take a example i was hunt by a glady when i was lv 65 in sos .he control my time zone .i couldnt exp for one week...one strong chars can control one spots.i logoff my char in sos to keep buff on .and set one lv1 char at the entrance while im watching movie.....no one can solo there..that makes me happy .but its not good for serve.as a player .its not my duty to stop doing that .

5 minutes ago, 88262500 said:

ifc... either bs and abg.if somebody want to hunt u .u can do nothing if u are not strong enough.we need some balance to protect weak's taste.take a example i was hunt by a glady when i was lv 65 in sos .he control my time zone .i couldnt exp for one week...one strong chars can control one spots.i logoff my char in sos to keep buff on .and set one lv1 char at the entrance while im watching movie.....no one can solo there..that makes me happy .but its not good for serve.as a player .its not my duty to stop doing that .

Main problem is that the map is too small, it was even worse at 1.0 when there was only cruma and dv. New updates fix that by implementing new areas which are mostly for solo xp at high lvl. All we have to do is w8 for update.

5 minutes ago, Warpole said:

Main problem is that the map is too small, it was even worse at 1.0 when there was only cruma and dv. New updates fix that by implementing new areas which are mostly for solo xp at high lvl. All we have to do is w8 for update.

Yy ur right maps are too small.as we saw in 2.0obt .we can go there from Aden gk so quickly.not good.u said doom knight but Aden hall can go there in 5second .i don't think 2.0obt can balance it.and especially for some class can't solo

But we talk about random,neutral players. Why would a big clan go hunt them at doom knights for no reason? Also its summer in europe which means that many players rest. Last summer it was the same,only a few pts in abg.

4 minutes ago, Warpole said:

But we talk about random,neutral players. Why would a big clan go hunt them at doom knights for no reason? Also its summer in europe which means that many players rest. Last summer it was the same,only a few pts in abg.

Nonono bro .big clans fighting is important in this game .and there won't be spot for netual at high Lv .ally or enemy . Alive or dead .so need some balace to prorect weaker clan.give them chance to Lv up and fight back .enen it will take more time than stronger .the most important things is that don't let ppl stay in city 

1. remove drop for dying by mob

2. increase karma on pk points (1 pk = 10.000 karma)

P.S: all problems solved

a lot of ppl is rly bored...

L2classic is not fot solo players, as u said we can izi to get 60-65, when they 65+~, for sure TOP spots is not for solo players/nature.

I remember 1.0 there are only 2 spots: Cruma + DV. -10% from mobs and -4% from wars. That was facking crazy ever i saw.

I was here 1,5 year +++++ and I am still 75 20% :P

2 hours ago, JerrySM said:

L2classic is not fot solo players, as u said we can izi to get 60-65, when they 65+~, for sure TOP spots is not for solo players/nature.

I remember 1.0 there are only 2 spots: Cruma + DV. -10% from mobs and -4% from wars. That was facking crazy ever i saw.

I was here 1,5 year +++++ and I am still 75 20% :P

yy,i mean copy for pt

15 hours ago, Warpole said:

I like your approach man: If game becomes unplayable for you, then fock you, go hug GK or leave the server!

Plenty of people thought so to, couple of months before their servers became empty and then die slow deat :)

The fact is that you can't ignore non-factors and casuals. If you run out of these type of people, plenty of hardcore grinders won't have targets on which they will be able to exploit their equip/lvl advantage and will loose their interest to play. Additionally casuals often are the ones who sponsor the server the most, since hardcore grinders - grind to fund themselves premium content and casuals donate to not have to grind :)

I like classic as well and like the fact that it's considerably harder to progress compared to regular chronicles BUT hard =/= impossible. Blocking progression of plenty of players due to limited ammount of farm zones and/or people who PK / exploit clan wars just for fun, can seriously harm and shorten the lifecycle of a private server :<

Keep that in mind mate

12 hours ago, BlackJack said:

problem is lack of patch and ppl lose interest, all wickedsick members who recently started on official lost interest cuze no patch for 1+ year.

y.......

7 hours ago, FinalFen said:

I like your approach man: If game becomes unplayable for you, then fock you, go hug GK or leave the server!

Plenty of people thought so to, couple of months before their servers became empty and then die slow deat :)

The fact is that you can't ignore non-factors and casuals. If you run out of these type of people, plenty of hardcore grinders won't have targets on which they will be able to exploit their equip/lvl advantage and will loose their interest to play. Additionally casuals often are the ones who sponsor the server the most, since hardcore grinders - grind to fund themselves premium content and casuals donate to not have to grind :)

I like classic as well and like the fact that it's considerably harder to progress compared to regular chronicles BUT hard =/= impossible. Blocking progression of plenty of players due to limited ammount of farm zones and/or people who PK / exploit clan wars just for fun, can seriously harm and shorten the lifecycle of a private server :<

Keep that in mind mate

yy,,,,i agree...need some space for solo/ netual cp.(as we know no netual can survie in 2 years old serve.cuz top clan will force them to join .otherwise .die and stay in gk for hours) ifc casuals played 1-2 hours everyday.and most of ppl are  casuals. hardcore cant live without casuals.  pvp  ppl could enjoy normal exp/drops.  pve(rb is pve too.high lv cannt easily hunt low lv rb ppl)enjoy low exp/drop at least .people will leave for doing nothing .ifc .most people dont care be killed  or low exp.just need do something with others (ofc not -X%exp:))

On 12/09/2017 at 11:45 AM, FinalFen said:

Keep that in mind mate

As a casual player, that's relatively new to this server I gotta agree with this post. 

Im playing a tank and there are a lot of people still pking and stunning me in FoM and EV etc. I understand it's part of classic and I'm not even mad it happens. it just surprises me that guys that are obviously already quite high level and in top B grade gear, find it worth their time to pk random 4-5x guys in c grade.

its kinda annoying knowing I'm already 1-2 years behind these guys without getting my progression slowed by pks/stuns!

12 minutes ago, Dazza90 said:

As a casual player, that's relatively new to this server I gotta agree with this post. 

Im playing a tank and there are a lot of people still pking and stunning me in FoM and EV etc. I understand it's part of classic and I'm not even mad it happens. it just surprises me that guys that are obviously already quite high level and in top B grade gear, find it worth their time to pk random 4-5x guys in c grade.

its kinda annoying knowing I'm already 1-2 years behind these guys without getting my progression slowed by pks/stuns!

If it was possible people would grief each other in minesweaper, its human nature. The stun under train part always puzzled me, i mean i can understand stunning wars in ABG for example cuze they might drop something valuable, but stunning low levels under trains that can drop c grades takes a special kind of bored person/retard.

No it shouldnt. If I fuking put my time to reach 70 level as SK, and people stunned me before those 70 levels why i shouldnt do it? You want me not to do it? join alt clan of my big clan. Game is easy. 

Or you can be furious and join later enemy side of the guy who stunned. This is L2. 

Karma is also l2. Actually i miss those clans who play only to pk people. Because now people farm in best spots and still QQ. "some guy killed me in fom". Lol you have cruma DV alligator and so on. back then we had nothing. We had Pride killing all in CT and we couldnt do anything.

15 hours ago, ProGressive said:

No it shouldnt. If I fuking put my time to reach 70 level as SK, and people stunned me before those 70 levels why i shouldnt do it? You want me not to do it? join alt clan of my big clan. Game is easy. 

Or you can be furious and join later enemy side of the guy who stunned. This is L2. 

Karma is also l2. Actually i miss those clans who play only to pk people. Because now people farm in best spots and still QQ. "some guy killed me in fom". Lol you have cruma DV alligator and so on. back then we had nothing. We had Pride killing all in CT and we couldnt do anything.

Haha that's some damn adult approach mate :D Someone scratched my car, so I'll be scratching other cars because it happend to me to! As long as everyone is getting

Attitude like this will most likely be the main reason to why human kind will extinct 1 day.

Regarding the QQ I would agree with you, if it was a case of 2 parties on similar level fighting for the same spot. But sorry if some high level crap player who can't compete against players on his level is coming to grief on some lowbies (who are quite likely to quit the server after being griefed couple of times like that) I can understand attitude of some "whiners" here. Before trying to flame players who are crying because of getting griefed by high levels you should understand 1 thing:

Lineage 2 is a game. It's not life nor job for 90% of us. If someone is constantly griefing you and killing your gaming experience and due to sh*t game mechanics you can't do anything about it people will simply quit. It's a freaking game, say like "get used to it and deal with it" is completely invalid here. You have to get used to stuff which you don't like in your real life, because most often you don't have good alternatives, but in PC game ? It's simple, you don't like it, you quit it because it brings you no joy and you gain no real benefits from getting stressed and annoyed.

Now your answer would be "So if they want to quit, let them quit who cares" and yet again this is the exact approach that killed plenty of private servers before :)

My opinion regarding high level players griefing lowbies is that it's childish, sad, brainless and it's a clear evidence of someone having do deal with hard real life actions (probably some harassment) and taking his revenge on a PC game. It's not, and it never was part of the game. These are just bad  game mechanics allowing (no-life?) players to completely destroy gaming experience of players who have less time to spend on the game. Additionally I would risk saying as well that these griefers are usually doing so, because in reality they are crap players and can't compete against equally equipped/leveled enemies. Therefor it's yet again not a part of the game, but a way to make yourself feel better at a cost of someone else who CAN'T COUNTERACT that. If low lvl party when being raided by a High level guy had at least 30% chance to win, then I would consider accepting such player interactions as a gameplay but that's not the case. 2 days ago a high level necro started attacking us during trains. So we jumped him on 2 tyrants, da and 2 more chars (level range 54-60), sadly after first ability I used it was clear to me we have 0% chance because we have 0% stun land rate and my skills are doing 400-500 dmg (then split by TP) instead of the regular at my level 1k+ due to retarded dmg scalling down the high level difference there is. 

So to sum up: no real way to counterplay the griefness that lower non-factor players are receiving is the reason to why such behaviour should be heavily penalised if not by GM's then at least by the community itself. It's nothing more than no-life players destroying gaming experience of casual/new players who can't do anything against it because a) they are new to the sever b) they have less time to invest into the game. 

So stop the "this is L2" nonsense because L2 is about olympiad and mass pvp during EPIC's and SIEGE's and not about griefing low lvl players just because you are invulnurable to them due to some crap game mechanics implemented by koreans to encourage RMT.

• Like 1

Side note: this post is about getting griefed by high lvl players (players with like 10 lvl and a item grade advantaqge over others) and does not refer to regular fights of similarly equipped/leveled people/parties for particular farming top spot.

Why is that ? Spent like 8 years on various L2 private servers and when being a non-factor/neutral think I never was harassed by some 10+ levels crap player who would be stunning me just for the grief. Sure there were some spoils back then who tried to train you with a fake death, But that play had counterplay and in 99% of cases it was performed by people on similar level range. Additionally it was a lot harder to oerfirn compared to nowaydays 100% stunlock crap we have.

Ofc I do realise that l2 classic club is different to what old c3-c6 servers were (you don't need much time to realise it here) and that you will be griefed left and right by some frustrated kids. But that's not the point. I'm just saying that the currently existing grief factor, isn't a part of game and/or it isn't something inevitable. Quite contrary it could be easily prevented for the most part by GM's and/or high level players who could refuse to play with such griefers. Things are like this here because nobody wants to tackle this issue (yes it's an issue not a part of the game). I'm pretty sure that such griefing is something that decreases online of servers by maybe even 20-30% because some players will overcome it, but others will simply quit (as you mentioned), while if they weren't griefed in the early levels, they could actually achieve mid/high 60s giving you a lot of fun on mass pvps.

In the end who are you or another high lvl player to decide wether someone is allowed to progress ? What entitles you to decide if someone can acquire exp or should be forced away from any acceptable exping spot and sit near GK ? The fact that you are willing to waste more of your RL time on a pc game then someone who likes to split the time for his family as well ? Or maybe the fact that you started playing earlier on the server ? Both arguments are imho greatly flawed. Maybe if it was about player skills to decide wether someone can exp on a spot or should get PK'ed (like I.E. in MOBA games) I would agree with you, but here in L2 it's all (95%) about the time you spent on the game. 

Personally atm I have a preaty pleasant time on l2 classic club and aren't being harassed much, so doubt you  can call me QQ'ing here (yet). But even though I'm a fresh guy (playing probably less than a month) I've already meet 2 people who quit the server because some retarded B grade 60+ Tyrant and SK stunned them during a train making them drop their stuff on the pre-50 levels. This isn't something healthy for the game and definitely I wouldn't consider such a players "quitters", it's quite opposite, compared to plenty of you these guys have the will to say: "hey it's a stupid pc game, if griefing like this kids are going to constnatly wreck my gaming experience, then fock the server I'll just go play another game which I can choose from 12849162984 titles out there, it's not my life to be binded to this shietfest against my will".

3 hours ago, FinalFen said:

Haha that's some damn adult approach mate :D Someone scratched my car, so I'll be scratching other cars because it happend to me to! As long as everyone is getting

Attitude like this will most likely be the main reason to why human kind will extinct 1 day.

Now lets think again, why we have people who pk others? To take revenge. I dont say u never say sorry and pass away. But its simple if some retards made from me 50 kk doing that why i cant do it? Especially when u dont know if those guys join enemy side or your side. YOu let them level up and then boom same guys strikes u in the back. 

Also if u all search forum there is million topics about archers stunning tanks and picking drops.

Ellis was rooting enemy tanks in abg and picking enemy drops. 

Comadrejas tank was always LS random/enemy party tanks and so on.

Its part of game. Game is not full of good people.

• Like 1

And it's helps to economy...

Anyway u can do anything what is not forbiden, right? Is it immoral conduct? yes. Is it not fair? yes

But...

For the record, I wasn't complaining and whining about being stunned with trains. I was merely saying I was surprised high lvl guys in full B grade still think it's worth their time to try and get some C grade drops by griefing low lvls. 

Also these same guys shouldn't complain in the future, of population decreases and there is no new competition building on the server because all the newer players stopped because they were bored of being griefed :P

I found this server a couple days ago and nearly wept for joy. I didn't know L2 Classic (as in the version) even existed. I'm an oooooooooold L2 player from retail (closed beta -> interlude) and thought hey finally a stable private server that will be close-ish to what I've missed all these years and doesn't have a whopping 50 players max.

I'm a support player, I only play supports. I only subclass supports. I don't need fame or glory or shiny things. Gimme a party that can grind all day and pvp for spots and I'm happy as a pig in shit. So I start a dark elf mystic, thinking I'll make an SE. Every mage loves an SE and they seem pretty popular here. There's even an guy looking to make a dagger cp in recruitment. Hey I'll fit right in (some year). Get to level 20, transfer class to SO, decide that nuking undead for 30 seconds then sitting for 10-15 minutes isn't really all that fun. So I create a 2nd account with a nuker and get it to level 20, transfer class, spend the money for dual box & D grade mage gear, and take it and the SO out to level the SO up. Of course I ran into the problem of nuking for 30 seconds then sitting for mana for 10-15 minutes since I can't recharge yet.. doh lol. Not fun, but I'll suck it up and get it done.

So I'm at EG alternating which account sits and which account kills maybe awhole of 10 minutes, when the first douchebag of the day trains mobs on me and gets both accounts killed. Walk all the way back and the second douchebag of the day repeatedly stuns the character with aggro, switch boxes and try to help with the other and he stuns that one too. Both accounts die, I move to ruins of despair to kill green mobs instead. Third douchebag of the day repeats with the stun lock. I get out of that one and kill the mobs. He stays and follows me around for 15+ minutes until I give up and soe (which he also interrupted a few times). These are all in C grade btw, I'm level 21. I go to bed for the night because that's utterly pointless. Any progress made was already lost with deaths.

I decide that mages are too squishy and too slow with the mana issues, so I make a 3rd account and level up a melee dd which I intend to use to level up the SO. I get it to level 15 or so and first douchebag of the new day stuns me fighting spiders outside elven village. Seriously? I move along over to the liriens/spiders and start fighting them, and get trained by douchebag number 2. Finally make it to level 19 and start the class change... which requires I go kill mahums at Abandoned Camp. And enter douchebag number 3 who walks up all nice and friendly like to say hi and starts fighting another mob. Waits till I wander off a bit away and runs over to.. yep you guessed it.. stun me. I managed to get away and logged off. 

I'm not normally too whiny when it comes to dying in L2, shit happens and people are pricks. But this is retarded. Do you guys not want anyone playing this server? Old players will eventually quit, new players have to come or the server dies over time. This is 6 different griefers bothering me in multiple different places, all by level 21. I can't even imagine the xp loss at 40+ or 60+ if this is how the server works. I actually can't level up any class, which means I wasted my money and a couple days and will go back to wishing I could play L2 like I used to again. So what gives?