suggestion for l2*3 to help serve keep more ppl

15 minutes ago, Inanna said:

I found this server a couple days ago and nearly wept for joy. I didn't know L2 Classic (as in the version) even existed. I'm an oooooooooold L2 player from retail (closed beta -> interlude) and thought hey finally a stable private server that will be close-ish to what I've missed all these years and doesn't have a whopping 50 players max.

I'm a support player, I only play supports. I only subclass supports. I don't need fame or glory or shiny things. Gimme a party that can grind all day and pvp for spots and I'm happy as a pig in shit. So I start a dark elf mystic, thinking I'll make an SE. Every mage loves an SE and they seem pretty popular here. There's even an guy looking to make a dagger cp in recruitment. Hey I'll fit right in (some year). Get to level 20, transfer class to SO, decide that nuking undead for 30 seconds then sitting for 10-15 minutes isn't really all that fun. So I create a 2nd account with a nuker and get it to level 20, transfer class, spend the money for dual box & D grade mage gear, and take it and the SO out to level the SO up. Of course I ran into the problem of nuking for 30 seconds then sitting for mana for 10-15 minutes since I can't recharge yet.. doh lol. Not fun, but I'll suck it up and get it done.

So I'm at EG alternating which account sits and which account kills maybe awhole of 10 minutes, when the first douchebag of the day trains mobs on me and gets both accounts killed. Walk all the way back and the second douchebag of the day repeatedly stuns the character with aggro, switch boxes and try to help with the other and he stuns that one too. Both accounts die, I move to ruins of despair to kill green mobs instead. Third douchebag of the day repeats with the stun lock. I get out of that one and kill the mobs. He stays and follows me around for 15+ minutes until I give up and soe (which he also interrupted a few times). These are all in C grade btw, I'm level 21. I go to bed for the night because that's utterly pointless. Any progress made was already lost with deaths.

I decide that mages are too squishy and too slow with the mana issues, so I make a 3rd account and level up a melee dd which I intend to use to level up the SO. I get it to level 15 or so and first douchebag of the new day stuns me fighting spiders outside elven village. Seriously? I move along over to the liriens/spiders and start fighting them, and get trained by douchebag number 2. Finally make it to level 19 and start the class change... which requires I go kill mahums at Abandoned Camp. And enter douchebag number 3 who walks up all nice and friendly like to say hi and starts fighting another mob. Waits till I wander off a bit away and runs over to.. yep you guessed it.. stun me. I managed to get away and logged off. 

I'm not normally too whiny when it comes to dying in L2, shit happens and people are pricks. But this is retarded. Do you guys not want anyone playing this server? Old players will eventually quit, new players have to come or the server dies over time. This is 6 different griefers bothering me in multiple different places, all by level 21. I can't even imagine the xp loss at 40+ or 60+ if this is how the server works. I actually can't level up any class, which means I wasted my money and a couple days and will go back to wishing I could play L2 like I used to again. So what gives?

Wow, what a nice surprise!
Dont get me wrong, people tend to be fucking cunts and do that for w/e reasons (i hate myself this kind of behaviour tbh)..
But look a it from the other perspective... If on 2 years old (!) server are these kind of people in every location even around starting village... Thats good and means it could still be entertaining from the lowest levels.. :P 

13 hours ago, Kure said:

But look a it from the other perspective... If on 2 years old (!) server are these kind of people in every location even around starting village... Thats good and means it could still be entertaining from the lowest levels.. :P 

Or that means that high level people dont have anything interesting to do on the server and because of the boredom they choose to grief others because due to crap mechanics they are invulnurable.

Personally I'm not sure why GM's won't do anything about it. Solutions are realy easy to implement - just on top of my mind:

• if a target who had no flag dies to a mob while having your stun active on him - gain regular PK and Karma
  • If a target dies to a mob while having a stun effect on him - reduce exp loss by 50% and disable item dropping (you could still drop if stun would run out moment before you die to a mob)
  • players can't be attacked by other players who are 8+ lvl higher (unless there's a clan war)
  • if a player dies to mobs (while not being flagged) after being stunned by someone, he can choose to auto report/mark that player. If a player gets 3 reports/marks he looses the ability to attack unflagged (white nicknames) targets, then the reports/marks would decay at some rate - i.e. 1 mark a day
  • etc., etc.

But for w/e reason it seems that DEV's seem to ignore this issue and as a result continously loose new playerbase, which makes me a bit sad because I wish all best to this project. And once again before someone will say it for 128641986 time: fact that someone is leaving the server after getting griefed multiply times, doesn't mean he's a quitter, in fact I'm pretty sure that most of them if not harassed and griefed on so badly early on would most likely stay on the server for months if not years but since they are denied what they enjoy in this game (i.e. farming with friends) they don't see any logical reason to stay here.

Edited by FinalFen

11 minutes ago, FinalFen said:

• if a target who had no flag dies to a mob while having your stun active on him - gain regular PK and Karma
  • If a target dies to a mob while having a stun effect on him - reduce exp loss by 50% and disable item dropping (you could still drop if stun would run out moment before you die to a mob)
  • players can't be attacked by other players who are 8+ lvl higher (unless there's a clan war)
  • if a player dies to mobs (while not being flagged) after being stunned by someone, he can choose to auto report/mark that player. If a player gets 3 reports/marks he looses the ability to attack unflagged (white nicknames) targets, then the reports/marks would decay at some rate - i.e. 1 mark a day
  • etc., etc.

Hahaha nice one. Maybe generally turn off pvp. 

1. Imagine: You gank enemy, stun thier puller before he flags and out of blue you get pk, then you die and drop orfen. Cool

2. Mobs also can stun

3. Any low party take top spot and u cant do shit

4. Not even gonna comment that

This is classic it is suposed to be hardcore

If u want to play in peace you can play on x10000 pvp server

24 minutes ago, Rip said:

Hahaha nice one. Maybe generally turn off pvp. 

1. Imagine: You gank enemy, stun thier puller before he flags and out of blue you get pk, then you die and drop orfen. Cool

If you gank enemy you wll have a clan war so you won't get PK. If you don't have a clan war, well that's the risk vs reward factor. You have to judge if it worth risking karma like that and do something very uncommon on L2 servers - use brain - think of how to kill an enemy, maybe you don't have to exploit stunlock and stacking slows will be enough ? Maybe you have to time your stun and judge wether someone gona die during it or not. So your enemies have to deal with the fact that they can't do sh*t about getting stunlocked during a train, but you couldn't deal with the fact you have to risk getting karma ? It's clasic it's supposed to be hard!

2. Mobs also can stun

Ofc it was suppsoed to be: If a target dies to a mob while having a player infliceted stun effect on him. Sry was just throwing examples on top of my mind, didn't put much of an effort to explain those.

3. Any low party take top spot and u cant do shit

I don't see a reason to why people with 8+ lvl diff would like to farm on the same spot - would probably be some narrow case of parties trying to help some teammates to catchup in levels. But ye this would prob be the least prefered solution.

4. Not even gonna comment that

Ye because it's hard to find a logical arguments to explain why someone who griefed on 3 lov lvl players shouldn't be auto prevented for doing so for couple next days. But once agian forgot to add on this one that I mean lack of ability to attack white-highly lower lvl players

This is classic it is suposed to be hardcore

Yes thats why you have lower adena gain, limited ammount of great exping spots and require more EXP to level up. Hardcore =/= Griefcore

If u want to play in peace you can play on x10000 pvp server

If all you wan't to do is to "smurf" and be toxic you can go play MOBA

Most people don't have/want to play in peace they just want to be attacked by players of similar Level so they can fight back and make it an interesting PvP and not a auto-loose to some 10+ levels trashplayer who can't compete in his level bracket.

Anyways I do realise that my comments won't make any differnce and that no-life kids will still grief left and right but got nothing better to do atm at work :) 

11 hours ago, FinalFen said:

Or that means that high level people dont have anything interesting to do on the server and because of the boredom they choose to grief others because due to crap mechanics they are invulnurable.

Personally I'm not sure why GM's won't do anything about it. Solutions are realy easy to implement - just on top of my mind:

• etc., etc.

But for w/e reason it seems that DEV's seem to ignore this issue and as a result continously loose new playerbase, which makes me a bit sad because I wish all best to this project. And once again before someone will say it for 128641986 time: fact that someone is leaving the server after getting griefed multiply times, doesn't mean he's a quitter, in fact I'm pretty sure that most of them if not harassed and griefed on so badly early on would most likely stay on the server for months if not years but since they are denied what they enjoy in this game (i.e. farming with friends) they don't see any logical reason to stay here.

I appreciate the sentiments, but probably too many ways for people to abuse your solutions in the opposite direction to avoid pvp. 

I play L2 over other MMORPGs because I love the very specific roles of classes and their requirement for good party play. That was lost on newer versions of L2 and it's lost on higher rate or npc buffer servers. I'm a social gamer, the party is why I play. When I'm forced to solo (or dual box) I'll drag my ass, play 1-2 hours, get bored and log off, repeat daily until I can play with actual people where I'm then happy to sit around for 8+ hours in a party. When I'm forced to solo and all progress is going backwards or nearly halted due to nonstop griefing.. yeah I'll just not bother playing at all cuz I'm not going to get to the goal of not soloing anytime in the foreseeable future.

@RipI played retail when it was closed beta, prelude, etc. I played when soulshots were manual use and only for pvp you couldn't win without them. I played when it took a month to get to level 20 and people sat in 24/7 parties unable to leave until their replacement made it there to take over. I get that classic is supposed to be hardcore, but I'm sure you find that easier to say from your lofty 6x or 7x standpoint. From a level 2x support class perspective, there's no point in playing this server.

18 hours ago, Inanna said:

I get that classic is supposed to be hardcore, but I'm sure you find that easier to say from your lofty 6x or 7x standpoint. From a level 2x support class perspective, there's no point in playing this server.

And you think he magically popped on 6x-7x lvl? As far as i know, very few players are the old school guys who play from very start of server, BUT even those i heard rumors they were griefed hard by hardcore russians, so everybody who is playing here had that phase in his lifespan on this server, so its not "loft standpoint" of others.

On 21.09.2017 at 8:49 PM, Inanna said:

I found this server a couple days ago and nearly wept for joy. I didn't know L2 Classic (as in the version) even existed. I'm an oooooooooold L2 player from retail (closed beta -> interlude) and thought hey finally a stable private server that will be close-ish to what I've missed all these years and doesn't have a whopping 50 players max.

I'm a support player, I only play supports. I only subclass supports. I don't need fame or glory or shiny things. Gimme a party that can grind all day and pvp for spots and I'm happy as a pig in shit. So I start a dark elf mystic, thinking I'll make an SE. Every mage loves an SE and they seem pretty popular here. There's even an guy looking to make a dagger cp in recruitment. Hey I'll fit right in (some year). Get to level 20, transfer class to SO, decide that nuking undead for 30 seconds then sitting for 10-15 minutes isn't really all that fun. So I create a 2nd account with a nuker and get it to level 20, transfer class, spend the money for dual box & D grade mage gear, and take it and the SO out to level the SO up. Of course I ran into the problem of nuking for 30 seconds then sitting for mana for 10-15 minutes since I can't recharge yet.. doh lol. Not fun, but I'll suck it up and get it done.

So I'm at EG alternating which account sits and which account kills maybe awhole of 10 minutes, when the first douchebag of the day trains mobs on me and gets both accounts killed. Walk all the way back and the second douchebag of the day repeatedly stuns the character with aggro, switch boxes and try to help with the other and he stuns that one too. Both accounts die, I move to ruins of despair to kill green mobs instead. Third douchebag of the day repeats with the stun lock. I get out of that one and kill the mobs. He stays and follows me around for 15+ minutes until I give up and soe (which he also interrupted a few times). These are all in C grade btw, I'm level 21. I go to bed for the night because that's utterly pointless. Any progress made was already lost with deaths.

I decide that mages are too squishy and too slow with the mana issues, so I make a 3rd account and level up a melee dd which I intend to use to level up the SO. I get it to level 15 or so and first douchebag of the new day stuns me fighting spiders outside elven village. Seriously? I move along over to the liriens/spiders and start fighting them, and get trained by douchebag number 2. Finally make it to level 19 and start the class change... which requires I go kill mahums at Abandoned Camp. And enter douchebag number 3 who walks up all nice and friendly like to say hi and starts fighting another mob. Waits till I wander off a bit away and runs over to.. yep you guessed it.. stun me. I managed to get away and logged off. 

I'm not normally too whiny when it comes to dying in L2, shit happens and people are pricks. But this is retarded. Do you guys not want anyone playing this server? Old players will eventually quit, new players have to come or the server dies over time. This is 6 different griefers bothering me in multiple different places, all by level 21. I can't even imagine the xp loss at 40+ or 60+ if this is how the server works. I actually can't level up any class, which means I wasted my money and a couple days and will go back to wishing I could play L2 like I used to again. So what gives?

Man, dont u think they making a favor for u? Like kids in kindergarden who push each other, learning how to interact and that all actions will have a consequences. L2 was always this way. Later in the game such random stunners will be killed by your party.

I remember old times when all noob locs(ac\eg\cruma\starting villages) have been cleared every hour by groups of PK\PK clans. No anti-pk buff till 40lvl like here. I remember that severs didnt have any ban for "any kind of theft". And specific clans who lured u to pk them and loot your equip after\ stun under train\ bring train to u. I remember clans who buffed all mobs with reflect to lock all the locations and they sell free farm there for $ or adena.

Its so vanilla here, u cant even imagine. "xp loss at 40+ or 60+" - pal, in abg full pt you will have 1% per train(2min) on 60lvl, duo sorc+tank on 40lvl make 5% each train (2min) on AI.

@FinalFen

"Solutions are realy easy to implement" - as I see - you are soo far from actual programming...

Sorry I'm still not getting the argument of "Nothing should be done about griefing, because we all got griefed at some point of our gameplay". Maybe I'm just dumb but w/e.

Anyways doubt this thread is about making an actual impact on how things are. We all know pretty good how stagnant L2 servers are when it comes to modding the stuff they offer. It's more about sharing what's your general opinion regarding griefing lov levels:

My opinion is that it shouln't be tolerated and both players and GM's should track and punish/prevent it as it shortens the lifecycle of a server. I do realise that nobody will do anything about and because of that I'm not really expecting any changes in this department but still that's my opinion.