Sign in to follow this  
xanone

It is fine to start playing here?

Hello,

after many years i would like to play somewhere in classic style. The only good server i found is here, but it is kind of old. Is it worth to start playing here from 0 ? Or better to give up and don't return to L2? :P

I will be happy for every suggestion :)

its fine , i started when the server was over 1 year old and was one of the first to reach max level, server is x3 so even playing a few hours after work is enough to be competitive. Also you can buy OE weapons/sets from market as you level up which significantly reduces leveling times.

we dont have any real stastic about online, but i think we have about 500-800 real players is competing here, competition is not too high like those RU off, but still enought for ppl want to fight

37 minutes ago, xanone said:

great, thank you for answering me. What about online? (I have few mates and we are looking for stable server)

online atm is on the downside, but server is still full i.e you can go to a zone and pvp for spot in 5mins :D Many of the top cp's including mine are currently playing on the new ru off since we are bored of patch 1.5. Patch 2.0 is currently on the open beta test and should come some time soon, so there will be huge surge of online when it comes. The server is 2 years old and always has had stable online, you shouldnt worry about that.

Activity generally comes in waves depending on the season ( less online during summer ), more during winter, for example during december-march in EU prime hours it was just 5-10vs5v10 pvp all the time for top spots.

I'd say it's the best time to be a lowbie 55-70 right now, cuze most high levels are waiting for patch and aren't 24/7 active which means you can actually farm without joining a side and getting protection.

Edited by BlackJack
  • Like 1

Go ahead, i started way later aswell, I just got so fed up of server jumping after they die in 1 to 2 months, plus i was excited to try out classic chronicle, its first time i joined a server not on it's start, no regrets whatsoever.

Server is super casual, after 2+ years only maybe 80+ people are 76, only couple +16 items. Low levels are kinda stale, but the reason is people quickly go out of it by killing raids, its super fast xp, end game is abit stale at the moment aswell since alot of top packs are either waiting for 2.0 or playing ru off untill 2.0 comes out, mid game is what its about right now, abg is probably where the fun is at.

If you have a buck or two(or twenty) buy some RMT adena for easy start, server also gives best no grade weapon on start and moon armor quest on level 25. Best of luck to you. 

• Like 1

thank you guys, because of you i know it is active :P

I would like to not return but nostalgia is killing me (Dota, PUBG) doesnt give the same feeling as L2 gave to me :)

Well i was thinking about RU off, but it is RU xD i have enough of them xD

Thank you, we will enjoy the server :)

7 hours ago, qloc01 said:

we dont have any real stastic about online, but i think we have about 500-800 real players is competing here, competition is not too high like those RU off, but still enought for ppl want to fight

500-800? i am playing in another server that has 1200 people and classic.club has 2 times more for sure so don't spread inaccuracies 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, eXistenZ said:

500-800? i am playing in another server that has 1200 people and classic.club has 2 times more for sure so don't spread inaccuracies 

you mean online activity? i think class.club have about 2k online

14 hours ago, xanone said:

I would like to not return but nostalgia is killing me (Dota, PUBG) doesnt give the same feeling as L2 gave to me :)

Don't expect too much from this chronicle man, or you will be badly dissapointed. It has little in common with the old C3-C4 "feeling" because of various game mechanics and community.

What's more important, opposite to what it was in the past, classic isn't a mode where you can find 1 or 2 mates and simply 1 by 1 the mobs enjoying the view. Mobs are stronger, you need more exp to lvl up and generally speaking either you will pick correct chars and join some AoE trains or you will be forever in the 40-5x levels. Fighting mobs 1by1 without high lvl gear and or good setup will make you waste all of your income on supplies like shots and pots.

Further more even though old C3-C4 community was never perfect, current one seem to uncomparablyworse, filled with either kids or childish people who never grew up. There at plenty of people wasting most of their entire day trying to grief you by stunning during trains, buffing RB's etc. Due to various classic crap-mechanics, some high level noobs who are invulnurable to  you roam around some areas trying to make your day miserable, or simply killing you/your mates to free up the spot for their clan mates/alt chars.

Classic is unbalanced as hell where if someone is at your level or above he can easily perma stun you (stun duration longer than reuse) to death.We still have a necromancer who's beasically a Mage with double HP, drain and lots of various curses with no real drawback who's wrecking everything around unless kept on a stunlock. 

One last thing you need to know about the server is that there is crap load of highly OE'd stuff on the server. Every day when visiting trading zone you will notice things like +10/+12 MAGE top C weapons and dozens of +8/+10 EMI bows. I won't elaborate on how unlikely this is to happen on a server that is working only for just 2 years (since this was already discussed :P) but this will have a direct impact on future Olympiad games on the 2.0 update, so if you are counting on that sort of fun, you might get surprised.

But if above doesn't discourage you from playing on l2 classic, I gota admit that it's a really active server (when looking at how other private servers are doing nowadays). There's a steady number of players at every level range. Finding a party if you picked correct class, isn't an issue and random ppl who join such parties tend to usually be rather friendly and talkative. What's important to me as well is that generally speaking game knowledge of l2 players increased rather a lot over last coupleteen years. During AoE/RB parties you don't have to anymore explain to everyone inside of party what to do, as most have that knowledge and for the most part are doing what is expected from themm (ofc you can always find a complete noob here and there, but it's a different story compared to the ast).

What I appreciate as well when when lookling at classic club is that they tend to do some small modification to some of the mechanic/classes. They aren't just setting up a vanila server and leaving all of the crap that koreans left us, but are trying at least slighlty to counteract some broken parts of the game (those aren't big changes ofc, but are proving to me that the Devs have some scripting knowledge and understanding of the in-game balance/mechanics).

Last but not least, I appreciate the fact that dual boxing is very limited on the server. Ofc you can gain the privilage on the server to dual box but you have to work for it, because of what support classes are viable to play and server feels more allive. I just don't like the fact that with 2 PC's you can dualbox for free - I feel like this one is giving too big of an economical advantage to players with lets say a laptop.

Edited by FinalFen

Hey I started playing occasionally about a month ago and it pretty much nails it. I met players even at the least populated locations. The distribution of levels is much wider than on retarded official servers where people play for money and jerk it off till they have a stroke or a heart attack. Market is alive and you could always find what you searching for there, or you could go and spoil materials and resources otherwise and get some fun by rolling over other dwarfs there who are constantly trying to get rich :D Also there are those who do not like pvp which is nice and diverse. You could also buy a buff in harbor which is nice again if you are going for pvp with some annoying guy. Even though I am lvl 35 I have much fun in it after some experience in here I would say people are nice (except some exceptions we dont mention obviously) in comparison to ru servers where people are mostly egocentric and stuff you know thus this is a much preferable option for more mature individuals who value time and fun without overheating their butthole wtf lol what? :D hope this helped a bit to make a choice. Oh, wait, x3 is cool as well, plus I have not seen any alternatives and since I direct works well I receive banners offering me to start playing here. So if you believe in common sense this is much prettier version. And honestly I think admins are actually related to the officials making it more of a server that is almost identical to the official tho still having its own features crafted for western settlers so that they enjoy it as much as they can. Thanx

3 hours ago, FinalFen said:

Don't expect too much from this chronicle man, or you will be badly dissapointed. It has little in common with the old C3-C4 "feeling" because of various game mechanics and community.

What's more important, opposite to what it was in the past, classic isn't a mode where you can find 1 or 2 mates and simply 1 by 1 the mobs enjoying the view. Mobs are stronger, you need more exp to lvl up and generally speaking either you will pick correct chars and join some AoE trains or you will be forever in the 40-5x levels. Fighting mobs 1by1 without high lvl gear and or good setup will make you waste all of your income on supplies like shots and pots.

Further more even though old C3-C4 community was never perfect, current one seem to uncomparablyworse, filled with either kids or childish people who never grew up. There at plenty of people wasting most of their entire day trying to grief you by stunning during trains, buffing RB's etc. Due to various classic crap-mechanics, some high level noobs who are invulnurable to  you roam around some areas trying to make your day miserable, or simply killing you/your mates to free up the spot for their clan mates/alt chars.

Classic is unbalanced as hell where if someone is at your level or above he can easily perma stun you (stun duration longer than reuse) to death.We still have a necromancer who's beasically a Mage with double HP, drain and lots of various curses with no real drawback who's wrecking everything around unless kept on a stunlock. 

One last thing you need to know about the server is that there is crap load of highly OE'd stuff on the server. Every day when visiting trading zone you will notice things like +10/+12 MAGE top C weapons and dozens of +8/+10 EMI bows. I won't elaborate on how unlikely this is to happen on a server that is working only for just 2 years (since this was already discussed :P) but this will have a direct impact on future Olympiad games on the 2.0 update, so if you are counting on that sort of fun, you might get surprised.

But if above doesn't discourage you from playing on l2 classic, I gota admit that it's a really active server (when looking at how other private servers are doing nowadays). There's a steady number of players at every level range. Finding a party if you picked correct class, isn't an issue and random ppl who join such parties tend to usually be rather friendly and talkative. What's important to me as well is that generally speaking game knowledge of l2 players increased rather a lot over last coupleteen years. During AoE/RB parties you don't have to anymore explain to everyone inside of party what to do, as most have that knowledge and for the most part are doing what is expected from themm (ofc you can always find a complete noob here and there, but it's a different story compared to the ast).

What I appreciate as well when when lookling at classic club is that they tend to do some small modification to some of the mechanic/classes. They aren't just setting up a vanila server and leaving all of the crap that koreans left us, but are trying at least slighlty to counteract some broken parts of the game (those aren't big changes ofc, but are proving to me that the Devs have some scripting knowledge and understanding of the in-game balance/mechanics).

Last but not least, I appreciate the fact that dual boxing is very limited on the server. Ofc you can gain the privilage on the server to dual box but you have to work for it, because of what support classes are viable to play and server feels more allive. I just don't like the fact that with 2 PC's you can dualbox for free - I feel like this one is giving too big of an economical advantage to players with lets say a laptop.

You have many stuff spot on, i would exclude fighter weapons from OE whine though as they are quite easy to do , yes people AH-ed +7 emis on aoe-ed so its much easier here but still. Demons +12 + pony buff in 2.0 its like having full hero weapon caster party balance wise, even stronger imho, custom change was good for 1.5, to make summoners desirable, but they are way too strong atm ( the buffs i mean ). There is better balance on x1 server between the mages, since as necro you cant afford bones pretty much ever, only in pvp situations and you still lose alot of money. This "balance" drawback of the necro simply doesnt exist on a server x3 and obviously necro is already strong in 1.5 as the other mages have no access to their 3rd prof burst combos.

4 hours ago, FinalFen said:

from all this i will comment only the fact that C3 & C4 was many years ago and you where different not only the community. People tend to remember only the good things from the past

OP server is fine, classic is fine, experience is fine and in general you will have fun in the server

wowowow :P so many answers xD

Btw, my last question - PA and dualbox, i could not find clear information.

Without premium i cant even log 1 account?

Edit: Found info, but if i have 3 accounts with premium i can log even 4 yes ? (3 premium + 1 normal) am i right ?

Edited by xanone
Found information

27 minutes ago, xanone said:

wowowow :P so many answers xD

Btw, my last question - PA and dualbox, i could not find clear information.

Without premium i cant even log 1 account?

Edit: Found info, but if i have 3 accounts with premium i can log even 4 yes ? (3 premium + 1 normal) am i right ?

yes u are right