Sign in to follow this  
J4cKDan13L

my QQ post about this server

I joined this server casually in a bored summer day, looking for something to play in coop with my gf, I liked the idea of an old school server with c3-c4 stuff and I couldn't believe to see D and C grade stuff on market like it was maaaaaaany  years ago...aaaah the nostalgia kicked in!

I found some old clan mates from my old server and called many others to join it, having fun like old times in low lvl areas, awesome!

But as soon as I was gettin' familiar with the server meta, bad things started to pop up (I know that the perfect server doesn't exist)

here is my QQ list:

- Exp and SP unbalance: why the duck Exp is 3x and SP doesn't?  that doesn't make sense at all

- Rare spellbooks: after checking the rarity of some SB that I need I started early to farm them (1/10000...are you serious?) I accepted the challenge and I planted myself for 3 weeks in SoS, results: I did from lvl 34 to 46 with 2 boxes in follow (kinda ~36 LEVELS GADDAMIT) I've never EVER seen a damn aura flash SB in my hands... QQed like a river and really annoyed about that, can't afford it and soon I'll not be able to farm it anymore due the high lvl reached

- Stun land rate: I know that mages are easly stunnable but damn, I didn't see yet a stun that didn't land even with +4 CON on, (reroll archer suggestions coming soon)

- Retarded bosses: as I said in some old post RB are ridicolous as they are (slow, easy to exploit fighters (usually ppl get banned in other servers for doing that), brainless action to kill them) my suggestion? faster RB movement, fighters respawn less frequent (30 seconds is stupid, 4-5 minutes makes sense), if fighters get hit in town do not appear in the spawn location but in the actual raid location (I am not a programmer, I know that's easy talking and hard making).

That's all... I hope that my QQs will help to improve this cool server

ADDED 1 QQ TO THE QQ LIST:

- basic materials drop: it's kinda stupid that mostly mobs with x3-x4-x5 HP drops 1 basic material like a normal mob with 1x HP isn't?

Keltir outside new char zone: 1 varnish

Some mob in cruma with hp x4 resist to random sh1t: 1 varnish

really xD?

Edited by J4cKDan13L
  • Like 1

I agree about raids, luring to peace zone for bugging is quite stupid. Also there are other ways to do it. It shouldnt be like this. However the good part about it that it is good way for new low lvl players to catch up. However loot from raids could be increased. At least possibility to get dropped few weapons to be added. But now all work is put on 2.0 so it has to wait.

About spellbooks - i like it how it is. One tank from clan already owned a doom set @ lvl 42 becouse he had good sb drops. I know more ppl that get "rich" @ low levels becouse of sb drops. So its also a good thing for newbies, unless you are very unlucky with drops.

Ofc if you play char that requires a lot of that expensive books that could be frustrating.

Good luck :)

1 hour ago, J4cKDan13L said:

I joined this server casually in a bored summer day, looking for something to play in coop with my gf, I liked the idea of an old school server with c3-c4 stuff and I couldn't believe to see D and C grade stuff on market like it was maaaaaaany  years ago...aaaah the nostalgia kicked in!

I found some old clan mates from my old server and called many others to join it, having fun like old times in low lvl areas, awesome!

But as soon as I was gettin' familiar with the server meta, bad things started to pop up (I know that the perfect server doesn't exist)

here is my QQ list:

- Exp and SP unbalance: why the duck Exp is 3x and SP doesn't?  that doesn't make sense at all

- Rare spellbooks: after checking the rarity of some SB that I need I started early to farm them (1/10000...are you serious?) I accepted the challenge and I planted myself for 3 weeks in SoS, results: I did from lvl 34 to 46 with 2 boxes in follow (kinda ~36 LEVELS GADDAMIT) I've never EVER seen a damn aura flash SB in my hands... QQed like a river and really annoyed about that, can't afford it and soon I'll not be able to farm it anymore due the high lvl reached

- Stun land rate: I know that mages are easly stunnable but damn, I didn't see yet a stun that didn't land even with +4 CON on, (reroll archer suggestions coming soon)

- Retarded bosses: as I said in some old post RB are ridicolous as they are (slow, easy to exploit fighters (usually ppl get banned in other servers for doing that), brainless action to kill them) my suggestion? faster RB movement, fighters respawn less frequent (30 seconds is stupid, 4-5 minutes makes sense), if fighters get hit in town do not appear in the spawn location but in the actual raid location (I am not a programmer, I know that's easy talking and hard making).

Mate this is classic. That's how it is on official servers. It is hardcore and that's why it so rare with spellbooks and SP. This is not C3+C4. Content is a bit different, skills and others stuff is different a bit. So in your had u have memories about C4 and stuff, but forget it cuz this is Classic :) not C3 not C4 and will never be.

3 hours ago, J4cKDan13L said:

here is my QQ list:

Ncsoft created old l2 but changed it to be total debuff chronicle. If u have some fast big range landing debuff u are winning class. Spellbooks and SP nothing to QQ about. U need to think what SP u need what u dont. I like idea that u never have full SP if u are solo player or but who dont pvp. I myself died on 72 level from -4 around 12-15 times. ANd i still have problems with SP to learn all skills till 72. (we also dont count that i pvped alot till 72)

3 hours ago, Flavio said:

Mate this is classic. That's how it is on official servers. It is hardcore and that's why it so rare with spellbooks and SP. This is not C3+C4. Content is a bit different, skills and others stuff is different a bit. So in your had u have memories about C4 and stuff, but forget it cuz this is Classic :) not C3 not C4 and will never be.

Agreed for the most part, but those spellbooks are more luckcore then hardcore. If you are unlucky you simply won't drop them which I honestly dislike as I'm not sure if limiting SB has any real purpose in the game :f

5 hours ago, J4cKDan13L said:

here is my QQ list:

Here i come choo choo train of explanation:

1. SP is very good balanced to Exp. Bcoz u should die way more often than u do now, propably bcoz u re just playing PvE not PvP like this game is meant to be. Thats why u feel lack of SP. 
Good example, here exp loss on siege pvp is turned off, if it would be on, and players that participate in siege would have 10x more SP on lvl than need. Bcoz on each siege u would lose 30-40%, and u dont lose SP.

2. Luck. U drop SB on 1st mob or u drop it in a half year. This is for example CLASSICNESS OF CLASSIC where u have to spend time on farming books instead of just pushing lvls. 

3. Almost every stun has base landrate 90% if u dont have stun resist, go for EE, or cry. Why mages got stun so hard? Bcoz they nuke so fast so hard with +12 WIT = balance. U can kill me in second, i can stun u like i want.

4. This how it works on official if im not wrong, ppl use to bug mobs/hide RBs. Following ur idea making 5min respawn comes to same thing like hiding them, coz the problem is not that they re hard to kill, but they spawn so fast. And ppl will always find possibility to bug this.
About this i may be not 100% right. Just like 98% right.

Edited by kkthx

1 hour ago, kkthx said:

3. Almost every stun has base landrate 90% if u dont have stun resist, go for EE, or cry. Why mages got stun so hard? Bcoz they nuke so fast so hard with +12 WIT = balance. U can kill me in second, i can stun u like i want.

Would rather call it a flawed PvP mechanics rather than game balance - if stun lands nuker is dead, if stun doesn't land fighter is dead, interesting as fack :D No real player skills involved in that aspect of PvP and a simple luck/rng based result :f

4 hours ago, FinalFen said:

Would rather call it a flawed PvP mechanics rather than game balance - if stun lands nuker is dead, if stun doesn't land fighter is dead, interesting as fack :D No real player skills involved in that aspect of PvP and a simple luck/rng based result :f

About pvp archers vs nukers : u can use obstacles\rr when archer casting FC\stun or WL casting stun. Or hunt them when they dont expect u. Also - let bards\tanks to tank archers. Using that you will be able to wipe out 90% of enemy archers. +4 Con + max ee buffs will give you nothing vs stun, it's crippled reality of the classic.

About SB chance - you can farm ~800k\hour adena\drop\parts in ABG. So 2 weeks of farming there will give you adena to buy aura flash sb. Or use spoiler.

Edited by kktnxbye

6 hours ago, FinalFen said:

Agreed for the most part, but those spellbooks are more luckcore then hardcore. If you are unlucky you simply won't drop them which I honestly dislike as I'm not sure if limiting SB has any real purpose in the game :f

2.0 Skelth Off server DW spellbook price was between 8kk-13kk :) I know that feeling bro, but that's why I like it. I remember good old days in Lineage2 where you didn't just rushed to max lvl and then gear up, but do everyting at the same time :) You just need to get use to it and you will be fine 

6 hours ago, FinalFen said:

thats why real players dont play nukers :)

I agre with @J4cKDan13L on the stun landrate... You don't even have to be mage to realize the stun is completely broken here.

in before yes I know it's part of the chronicle, but so was the broken vamp; fortunately that one we got solved. Now it's time for stun.

stun is strong but so are other debuffs in 1v1. In party situation ( how the game is meant to be played, you wont get stunclocked and melees dont have that much mana) and you will have healers. Also stun breaks on big hits, which makes it even weaker in big fights. I know it can be frustarting to get stunlocked ( i've been stunned to death in random 1v1s ) but its better to have a chronicle where good players can utilize  debuffs, than mindless dmg spam chrnonicle where all that matters is levels/items/epics and 1 button.

Edited by BlackJack

17 hours ago, BlackJack said:

stun is strong but so are other debuffs in 1v1. In party situation ( how the game is meant to be played, you wont get stunclocked and melees dont have that much mana) and you will have healers. Also stun breaks on big hits, which makes it even weaker in big fights. I know it can be frustarting to get stunlocked ( i've been stunned to death in random 1v1s ) but its better to have a chronicle where good players can utilize  debuffs, than mindless dmg spam chrnonicle where all that matters is levels/items/epics and 1 button.

That is a good point of view. I think a lot of games people think pvp balance is easier than it actually is. You made a good point, pvp feels smarter here 9v9, although 1v1 is bad.

4 hours ago, KoD said:

That is a good point of view. I think a lot of games people think pvp balance is easier than it actually is. You made a good point, pvp feels smarter here 9v9, although 1v1 is bad.

1v1 is lineage has and always will be shit, you cant balance 1v1 with 30 classes.

22 hours ago, BlackJack said:

Don't know man, I feel like quick acquiring and eliminating core targets + kiting in mass PvP has more skill involved then getting 1 target and then using 1 ability (stun) every X seconds while your enemy can simply go afk, as he won't be able to do absolutely anything once he get stunned :)

Generally speaking balancing stun/debuff abilities out is easier than you think:

- Lower stun duration to 3-4s

- Increase reuse on most stunning ablities by around 30%

- Make it impossible to apply a stun when enemy has already a stun effect active (no overriding)

With such changes you could keep the 90% land rate. Stuns would still be very strong and usefull but players would actualy have to judge when to use them to benefit the most, instead of spaming whenever off coldown.

Just a random idea on top of my head.

Edited by FinalFen

27 minutes ago, FinalFen said:

Don't know man, I feel like quick acquiring and eliminating core targets + kiting in mass PvP has more skill involved then getting 1 target and then using 1 ability (stun) every X seconds while your enemy can simply go afk, as he won't be able to do absolutely anything once he get stunned :)

Generally speaking balancing stun/debuff abilities out is easier than you think:

- Make it impossible to apply a stun when enemy has already a stun effect active (no overriding)

With such changes you could keep the 90% land rate. Stuns would still be very strong and usefull but players would actualy have to judge when to use them to benefit the most, instead of spaming whenever off coldown.

well then you need to do the same about fear etc. But after that people are gonna whine about +12 wit mages with lighsaber weapons killing everything... ;) 

52 minutes ago, FinalFen said:

The guy is speaking from the pov of 76lvl necro with epics and karmian+6-7 and +1k CP from castle. 

You are absolutely right, the stun rate here is ridiculous. It makes resist stun buff useless. U can make +4 con and buff 4lvl resist and it will do 0 effect. Once I've seen pvp 1 sr with lowest ng bow (800adena) vs 2 mages 3-4lvl above. He just stunned them to death with his 800 adena bow with 0 damage recieved.

In c4 it has too low land rate , here it is too high.Our developers\admins need to find the golden middle...

Also admins need to fix core for removing stun as well (like on offi).

I would say that even this 100% stun would be OK if no FC existed.

@Yomana fear\silence\sleep are 600 range. It's a big risk to go on 600 (u could be stunned\debuffed\killed in assist before u can do your debuffs). And no one talking about making stun land rate same low as in c4. I would say it needed to be reduced for 20% only. Archers will still win all duels but at least it will leave some chances for paper classes.

Edited by kktnxbye

2 hours ago, Yomana said:

well then you need to do the same about fear etc. But after that people are gonna whine about +12 wit mages with lighsaber weapons killing everything... ;) 

Completely agree with you, with weak stuns nukers would be wrecking everything even harder than they do now, but this was just a QQ thread and as mentioned I just threw couple of ideas of top of my head. Obviously if you change 1 part of the puzzles, you need to change them all as they will never be able to complete the picture again, but I don't want to waste time trying to approach the entire PvP system, as we all know that nobody will customise it  with how stubborn and whiny L2 community is when it comes to custom modifications.

Edited by FinalFen

1 hour ago, kktnxbye said:

fear\silence\sleep are 600 range. It's a big risk to go on 600 (u could be stunned\debuffed\killed in assist before u can do your debuffs). And no one talking about making stun land rate same low as in c4. I would say it needed to be reduced for 20% only. Archers will still win all duels but at least it will leave some chances for paper classes.

Come on i have seen necro's rushing into parties A LOT of times here when its 9v9. @BlackJack used to do it so he can pass silence to key chars.

This is a viable strategy.... I agree that stun is annoying as hell but thats the chronicle we are playing. Without stun or debuffs working as they are now mages would rule even more.

Edited by Yomana

41 minutes ago, Yomana said:

Come on i have seen necro's rushing into parties A LOT of times here when its 9v9. @BlackJack used to do it so he can pass silence to key chars.

This is a viable strategy.... I agree that stun is annoying as hell but thats the chronicle we are playing. Without stun or debuffs working as they are now mages would rule even more.

Yes I seen that many time too, but it is still big chances for rushing necro to be aggred\debuffed\stunned\killed. Particulal example with lier is not very relevant casue he can afford it (76lvl necro with epics and karmian+6-7 and +1k CP from castle). 600 range sleep\debuffs are still manageable cause it is your fault if you let necro\OL to 600. But in the case 900 range stun - u cannot do anything no matter your skill (sure I'm not talking about the cases when u can hide behind the obstacles).

And such justification of poor balance is the same as justification of all bad things in our world with "it's not us, its time\conditions, we should not to try to change it".

Also I disagree about ruling mages. We have 70% of mage parties on the server just becase mages can farm much faster with AOE. Mage can make 66lvl in 1 month easy just with randoms parties. Remember how fast good parties got their 68-70 and joined big war?

11 minutes ago, kktnxbye said:

Yes I seen that many time too, but it is still big chances for rushing necro to be aggred\debuffed\stunned\killed. Particulal example with lier is not very relevant casue he can afford it (76lvl necro with epics and karmian+6-7 and +1k CP from castle). 600 range sleep\debuffs are still manageable cause it is your fault if you let necro\OL to 600. But in the case 900 range stun - u cannot do anything no matter your skill (sure I'm not talking about the cases when u can hide behind the obstacles).

And such justification of poor balance is the same as justification of all bad things in our world with "it's not us, its time\conditions, we should not to try to change it".

Also I disagree about ruling mages. We have 70% of mage parties on the server just becase mages can farm much faster with AOE. Mage can make 66lvl in 1 month easy just with randoms parties. Remember how fast good parties got their 68-70 and joined big war?

There is one way to "outplay" 900 rage stun- use castle circlet but ofc not everybody has acccess to that