kktnxbye

Shield block (how it works here?)

Hi all,

I heared many rumors about shield block and I want to understand when it works.

So far I tested: dorf hitting sps, bow hitting sps, WL hitting sps, ES hitting sps.

For usual physical attacks it works (" Your shield defence has succeeded")> less dmg.

For physical skills (dorf\WL) i have different damage in ~25% cases for ~25% (for example ~75% of hits (skills) made 600-650 dmg, ~25% 500-550 dmg). No any messages about shield block. So- is it damage fluctuations (500-650) or it's work of the shield defence(but with no message)?

Interesting that with archers skills - shield block defence works properly (" Your shield defence has succeeded")> less dmg.

ES hitting with magic skills > ~150 hits = 0 skills didnt affect(all made some dmg, pretty same always and x2 on m.crits). No block of magic skills exists(on sps\sorc)?

How it should be on classic?

@San0?

@Koll?

4 minutes ago, kktnxbye said:

For physical skills (dorf\WL) i have different damage in ~25% cases for ~25% (for example ~75% of hits (skills) made 600-650 dmg, ~25% 500-550 dmg). No any messages about shield block. So- is it damage fluctuations (500-650) or it's work of the shield defence(but with no message)?

Most of physical skills have formula "ignores shield defense" afaik... 500-650 is just normal korean random in that case then if im not mistaken. 

ty, I checked, all 3 wl\dorf skills I tested ignored shield defence.

Ok, so its korean random.

What about magic skills block? Is it just a rumor? Only passive skill "antimagic" (30% resist) works? Is it just cut magic dmg to you for 30% or it gives 30% do not take any dmg from magic (obviously from test it doesnt work like this)? Or its about debuffs land rate?

Edited by kktnxbye

12 minutes ago, kktnxbye said:

Hi all,

I heared many rumors about shield block and I want to understand when it works.

So far I tested: dorf hitting sps, bow hitting sps, WL hitting sps, ES hitting sps.

For usual physical attacks it works (" Your shield defence has succeeded")> less dmg.

Interesting that with archers skills - shield block defence works properly (" Your shield defence has succeeded")> less dmg.

ES hitting with magic skills > ~150 hits = 0 skills didnt affect(all made some dmg, pretty same always and x2 on m.crits). No block of magic skills exists(on sps\sorc)?

How it should be on classic?

@San0?

@Koll?

if u made tests when spellsinger hits target with a shield, then i can disappoint you. sps's skills ignore shield, so there wont be any "succeed" mesages.

rest - up to admins. 

plus - u didnt write normaly how did you test it.

1 minute ago, kktnxbye said:

ty, I checked, all 3 wl\dorf skills I tested ignored shield defence.

Ok, so its korean random.

What about magic skills block? Is it just a rumor? Only passive skill "antimagic" (30% resist) works? Is it just cut magic dmg to you for 30% or it gives 30% do not take any dmg from magic (obviously from test it doesnt work like this)? Or its about debuffs land rate?

projectile damaging spells are blockable, sps spells arent projectiles.

Shield can block many types of nukes. Based in interlude i think this is correct

The Wizard class attack spells have been changed to allow the target a chance to defend against the following:

• Wind Strike, Aqua Swirl, Twister, Blaze, Death Spike, Prominence, Ice Dagger, Hurricane

Death spike, hurricane, wind strike and blaze can be blocked here for sure, havent tested the rest

Okay, 2 ppl who can't read. Is it a coincidence? xD

ES hit sps with aqua sqirl. Not otherwise. 74 to 74

Edited by kktnxbye

5 minutes ago, kktnxbye said:

Okay, 2 ppl who can't read. Is it a coincidence? xD

ES hit sps with aqua sqirl. Not otherwise. 74 to 74

You asked how the overall mechanics worked, and i gave you an answer. Despite your terrible english and having a hard time reading through what you were describing, i tried to be helpful. In return you are insulting. Good luck further into the topic , i was about to post video evidence of how the mechanic works but now im out.

Edited by BlackJack

Check this

There are many examples of aqua squirls being shield blocked in this part of video, check in 0.5 speed

Edited by Cyane

Just now, BlackJack said:

You asked how the overall mechanics worked, and i gave you an answer. Despite your terrible english and having a hard time reading through what you were describing, i tried to be helpful. In return you are insulting. Good luck further into the topic , i was about to post video evidence of how the mechanic works but not im out.

he is a russian one or mb from ukrain and thinks he is a good player, but when you talk to him you see how silly he is. 

so this topic is closed for me.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, kktnxbye said:

It even says it gives bonus for resisting, not blocking, but it gives that % to give you better chance to resist spell (either u can resist spell toget 50% of the normal dmg or you can fully resist it for it to give 1 or no damage).

4 minutes ago, Cyane said:

Check this

There are many examples of aqua squirls being shield blocked in this part of video, check in 0.5 speed

13 minutes ago, BlackJack said:

Aqua swirl is obviously a projectile. As seen by this graph, any "tank" char that enough con to break the 52 barrier can vastly benefit from blocking spells.

LUIHrgm.jpg

It's hard for me to understand what kktnxbye means  in the OP, but cba to waste any effort for him as he can only insult even if ppl are trying to answer his basic questions.

@BlackJack Thank you for your answer (I was too harsh on that), but I didnt ask about case when sps hit others, only what skills sps\sorc can block. And it's still not clear about projectiles - from my test no aqua squirls were blocked.

@Poseidon  I never said\think I'm the best player or even top player. It's all your false accusations. And you accuse me "how silly I am" when you wrote "if u made tests when spellsinger hits target with a shield" when I clearly wrote "dorf hitting sps, bow hitting sps, WL hitting sps, ES hitting sps."

@Cyane Tnx, so you think I was just unlucky with both shield block and antimagic in my test with ES?

Just now, kktnxbye said:

@BlackJack Thank you for your answer (I was too harsh on that), but I didnt ask about case when sps hit others, only what skills sps\sorc can block. And it's still not clear about projectiles - from my test no aqua squirls were blocked.

@Poseidon  I never said\think I'm the best player or even top player. It's all your false accusations. And you accuse me "how silly I am" when you wrote "if u made tests when spellsinger hits target with a shield" when I clearly wrote "dorf hitting sps, bow hitting sps, WL hitting sps, ES hitting sps."

@Cyane Tnx, so you think I was just unlucky with both shield block and antimagic in my test with ES?

are you sure you were facing the target? You cant block projectiles from behind/side as a caster

2 minutes ago, BlackJack said:

are you sure you were facing the target? You cant block projectiles from behind/side as a caster

yep, i put attention to that

anyway, I will try to test other projectiles later, maybe I was unlucky or this particular skill is bugged

Edited by kktnxbye

2 minutes ago, kktnxbye said:

Maybe a visual bug, is common. Yesterday i was checking backstabs with 2 clients in one pc. The ones that seemed frontal and landed were actually from back when viewed from a 2nd pc. L2 misrepresents both character positioning and facing angle from different clients, i suggest you to check again

5 hours ago, BlackJack said:

when i saw topic by "kktnxbye" i knew it will be cancerous, but i entered it for this answer.

my god, 13 years of L2 and learning again new thing. Thats why was so good to play SpS!

my cancer editing vid xD (but it was trendy back then)

P.S: but i heard some good mage player dajtovillage were learning from my vid, and some random newbie glad soil copied music and nick idea

Edited by kkthx

Thats work, that why i use homu+shield nearly 2 years. That why i am OP :).

maybe after this topic homu+12 price will increase day by day

Edited by JerrySM

Regarding damage reduction, generally speaking if they didn't change it on classic, when you have a succesfull shield block that means that shiekd p.def is added to your overall p.def when performing the damage formula.

So if you have 500 pdef and your shield has 250 pdef then

• If you have a sucesffull block, damage formula will count like if you had 750 pdef
  • If you didnt block the attack with your shield, then formula will take 500 p.def instead

I'm not entirely sure how it works when you are blocking magic attacks, but if I were to guess, I would say it prob ads shield pdef to your  mdef

1 hour ago, FinalFen said:

Regarding damage reduction, generally speaking if they didn't change it on classic, when you have a succesfull shield block that means that shiekd p.def is added to your overall p.def when performing the damage formula.

So if you have 500 pdef and your shield has 250 pdef then

• If you have a sucesffull block, damage formula will count like if you had 750 pdef
  • If you didnt block the attack with your shield, then formula will take 500 p.def instead

I'm not entirely sure how it works when you are blocking magic attacks, but if I were to guess, I would say it prob ads shield pdef to your  mdef

spot on :)