Rip

Disable fishing in giran harbour

13 minutes ago, NWD said:

Everybody is free to set up shops in Giran now.

But there isnt free offline shop :)

And what if you adjusted tthe finishing area in GH to be a bit further from the shops. I mean GH is a quite sizeable location and you could easily limit the fishing area to a place which far enough from most of shops, to not load on players screen.

Additionally I wonder if it's possible to make it so people fishing in a SAFE ZONE become invisible (like HIDE skill) - then nobody would have to load them and I doubt it would limit any sort of strategical intelligence important for the game.

On 11. 11. 2017 at 4:02 PM, San0 said:

At this point we'd rather hear "yes we've decided to do it, and we plan to move trading back to Giran in near future" :D

@FinalFen I don't know, to me moving the fishing area further from shops looks like a half-solution. People have been calling for moving trading area to Giren for quite some time and now's the best time to do it.

On 2017. 11. 07. at 11:30 PM, GanjaRockzZz said:

Move Trade Zone to Giran.Make Giran Great Again + Better Advertisment (free tp to giran, its all rdy free just using a soe at harbor )

+111!!

Its would be Awesome!  

Besides the fact that its so comfortable to have everything in one place, GH with free shops is also a great in-game advertisement for newcomers- big, free, competitive market and healthy economics, ability to start your "business" from very first day, no need to run through different towns in search of resources.
Even if shops remain free for towns too, so many shops can't fit on Giran town square, it will be so crowded that you won't be  even able to place a shop or move through them.

Everything was great in GH before 2.0, shops were even divided by content, crafters in same place, spellbooks far on left, shots on right side, buffers in the middle, etc.. These talks about transferring market to Giran started again because now harbor is big unorganised mess, so adding that non-trading middle "alley" as it was before will be easier and will make GH the real market place again as it was before 2.0 - place where you could chat, trade, ask for help/buff, breathe fresh salty air, see jackal's +16 bow (rip)

• Like 1

+1 Bump for this thread. The situation in harbor is absolutely awful. One has to wait minute for all the shops to load cause there are as many fishers as there are shops. Not to mention the performance. Why not disable the fishing there? We can move the fishers elsewhere, there are so many free  empty places in the world where you can fish, just put the fisherman NPC there + another free GK and we are done.

not sure about Giran beeing better, players group up there for loa, castle sieges, olympiad, its actualy bad idea, if u think removing fishing from GH would help, remove just fishing

upgrade your pcs instead of using money to RMT, my Giran Harbor is smooth with valhala +0, i dont complain about any lags

Edited by Nez

1 hour ago, Nez said:

not sure about Giran beeing better, players group up there for loa, castle sieges, olympiad, its actualy bad idea, if u think removing fishing from GH would help, remove just fishing

upgrade your pcs instead of using money to RMT, my Giran Harbor is smooth with valhala +0, i dont complain about any lags

It's not about fps, it's about the shop loading times - I have SSD but still have to wait quite long before all the shops load, which is annoying as damn. 

I'm pretty sure it's an issue with the fishers because just recently I played on a H5 server which had similar ammount of shops in Giran and they loaded quite instantly.

3 hours ago, FryderykChopin said:

It's not about fps, it's about the shop loading times - I have SSD but still have to wait quite long before all the shops load, which is annoying as damn. 

I'm pretty sure it's an issue with the fishers because just recently I played on a H5 server which had similar ammount of shops in Giran and they loaded quite instantly.

1min maximum, still nothing compared to 50 aly members waiting 15 mins for 20 players with no pets to climb up toi.. #removepets #slowhumanmage

Edited by Nez

On 11/11/2017 at 5:20 AM, RoolBack said:

Shops to giran, let's make giran alive again.

...and then 200 people soe from giran castle and half of them crash due to PC overload in town.

I can already see myself making CC again in the middle of the siege.

Edited by BizQQuiT

1 hour ago, blackmarket said:

1.png

2.png

i have a feeling thats not peaceful zone anymore abd you can be killed there :D

9 minutes ago, MoDoy said:

i have a feeling thats not peaceful zone anymore abd you can be killed there :D

i just tested

green peace zone, red non-peace zone.
But its not a problem for gms, they can make peace zone wherever they want.

3.png

Just now, blackmarket said:

i just tested

green peace zone, red non-peace zone.
But its not a problem for gms, they can make peace zone wherever they want.

3.png

i know thats not a problem, problem is to script that green part is fishing restricted area because they dont even have fishing impleemented like it should that you can fish on like 5 places in total, instead you can fish wheerever there is little bit of water

Just now, MoDoy said:

i know thats not a problem, problem is to script that green part is fishing restricted area because they dont even have fishing impleemented like it should that you can fish on like 5 places in total, instead you can fish wheerever there is little bit of water

well i know, but the topic is about restricting fishing zone, so i just added my thought. Koll in some first posts said "he will think about it" so now its just up to them how they gonna do it, i just bring idea where could it be to avoid market zone and main cities ;)

2 hours ago, BizQQuiT said:

...and then 200 people soe from giran castle and half of them crash due to PC overload in town.

Haha old post, now it's fine shop off can be put in any place and sleep animation from gh was removed.

4 hours ago, BizQQuiT said:

Dont you have macros for every cp yet after so many relogs in toi? @_@

6 hours ago, BizQQuiT said:

Considering the fact that shops don't load until after a short delay after respawn and until you move your camera view directly on them, this is not a valid concern.

Anyway I used this argument before and I will use it again - Giran has been trading area since before Shrek 2 was released and everyone lived, even though people were playing on some serious toasters back then. Now almost 15 years later even wristwatches have better cpus than 2004 PC's and suddenly it should become an issue?