EasyCooler

Best duo for exp/pvp and or money

I am sure things like this are asked all the time, but search didn't offer me any help.

So yes since I am fairly inexperienced about strengths and weaknesses of classes on classic I would like to ask for a couple of options.

Me and my friend are planning on joining this community in December and we are considering what to play.

So what would be best duo for exp, pvp and money. What would be best duo for combination of those 3 criteria? Also keep in mind we do plan to keep at least one box with us 2 if possible. 

We were thinking a couple of options:

- nuker and SE + BD

- archer and archer + prophet + BD

- Spoiler and another mele or AOE fighter + WC + SE

EDIT: - What would be best duo to join raid parties from level 20 on? (Is it even possible to do it with random players?) Including boxes if needed.

What are your thoughts, I plan to take any ideas into consideration. 

Thanks in advance! :)

Edited by EasyCooler

The trio examples you gave will work well, but in the case of fighter AoE i would recomend as one of the best options the following

Tyrant + SWS + EE

or

Warlord + EE + PP

Edited by Cyane
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Cyane said:

The trio examples you gave will work well, but in the case of fighter AoE i would recomend as one of the best options the following

Tyrant + SWS + EE

or

Warlord + EE + PP

Why do you prefer SWS over BD? Because he is generally more wanted class?

And in second case why EE over SE for warlord? Considering that EE and PP dont have vampiric rage buff?

And yes than you for your advice :)

sorc+se+sws. trio aoe since 20lvl. reroll to w\e u want on high lvl. look at roa guys - they lvling mages but they will play archers.

Trio aoe will provide enough adena.

sws over bd cause sws have enough speed so no need to heal it. sws making circles>sorc is hitting>se pouring mp to the sorc> sorc btm after train.

Edited by kktnxbye

First and most inportant question is whether you want to play stricktly with own party (so you, your friend and your boxes) or you want to play together but plan to join different parties.

If you want to play without any randoms in your party, so with just you 2 and your boxes then I would skip most of AoE setups. Sure you can AOE easily 20-44 levels but later on it gets a lot harder. When you reach 43+ level you will most likely want to start AoE in EV and this area is pretty crowded. It will be very hard to exp just with you 2 and your boxes. Most/all spots will usually be taken and even if you find one, then there's a high chance that someone will want to kick you from  it if they notice that only 2 ppl and their boxes are taking ENTIRE spot for themselves. It's definitely doable but can be very risky and there will be days when you won't have the access to decent train locations. After EV you can forget about doing AoE since next location is ABG and that one requires bigger parties and there's even higher chance of being constantly kicked by stronger/bigger parties.

On the other hand since most of people prefer to farm in AoE parties, there are plenty of free spots in almost all single target farming locations. Going with two single-target-killers has definietly a lot slower start, but later on you will meet less frustration than if you tryed to mantain aoe spots. You won't have an issue with farming on higher levels as well, since these spots as mentioned above will be empty/available. Generally your farm will be somewhat slow but sturdy.

Ok so having above in mind, below are setups which I consider to be good (farm-wise and/or fun-wise) for particular preferences:

1. Farming single targets with just you 2 and your box(es) - without joining random parties/cps etc

• 2x ARCHER + PP + BD (2 boxes are must have with duo ARCHER setup or your dps will be too low and you will be wasting too much adena on consumables)
  • 2x NUKER (prefefably necro (stupid gay class strongest in almost every aspect of the game ><) - for the nuking capabilities and summon dps) + SE (your friend on another nuker instead of bd will definitely make your party a lot stronger/farm faster)
  • 2x DA/WS/PS + WC (if no PS) or can be PP (if you go with PS)  - these setups has very high sustainable DPS due to power of summons, it's pretty cheap to start up (don't need top end gear due to summons benefits) and is relaxing to play with 

if you want SPOILER in your setup:

• TYRANT + SPOIL + WC
  • NUKER + SPOIL + SE
  • PS/DA/WS + SPOIL + WC

2. Farming with you two but joining random people/parties:

Basically any combination of chars below CAN get you in AOE party, but only combinations of 1-3 "demand rank" classes will reliable ensure that you will be finding/getting invited to parties. Demand factor - the smaller number the more needed in aoe parties

1. SWS/BD/TANK

2. NUKER (necro is usually most wanted - untill AURA SPLASH which costs 20kk+ :f) / SE /EE

3. TYRANT/WL/GLAD/ES

4. SPOIL/PP

5. WC/OL/WS/DESTRO

6. REST - nobody will invite them usually

Side Notes:

• Picking nuker(s) will most likely mean you won't be doing any RB's (maybe you can get to some <34 RB's if you buy bows) -with that said it's not a big deal because it's hard to find any RB parties above lvl 55 anyway and they aren't that exp-efficient anymore
  • Going for the option with farming without random people/parties - you will farm slower but your gameplay will be less frustratig and overall you should be wealtheir (usually you won't get rich by joining 9 man AoE parties) - but if you would go with 2 archers you need to have a good bows to not bankrupt on shots
Edited by FinalFen

44 minutes ago, FinalFen said:

After EV you can forget about doing AoE since next location is ABG and that one requires bigger parties

Nope. ABG is absolutely fine for sorc\sps+sws+se.

Also EV is a big loc, i never seen all 4 spots in ev occupied same time.

The thing I agree - that u can be kicked from the spot but u can be kicked from solo spot in FoM as well, its always like this, l2 is a tough b1ch

4 hours ago, FinalFen said:

First and most inportant question is whether you want to play stricktly with own party (so you, your friend and your boxes) or you want to play together but plan to join different parties.

If you want to play without any randoms in your party, so with just you 2 and your boxes then I would skip most of AoE setups. Sure you can AOE easily 20-44 levels but later on it gets a lot harder. When you reach 43+ level you will most likely want to start AoE in EV and this area is pretty crowded. It will be very hard to exp just with you 2 and your boxes. Most/all spots will usually be taken and even if you find one, then there's a high chance that someone will want to kick you from  it if they notice that only 2 ppl and their boxes are taking ENTIRE spot for themselves. It's definitely doable but can be very risky and there will be days when you won't have the access to decent train locations. After EV you can forget about doing AoE since next location is ABG and that one requires bigger parties and there's even higher chance of being constantly kicked by stronger/bigger parties.

On the other hand since most of people prefer to farm in AoE parties, there are plenty of free spots in almost all single target farming locations. Going with two single-target-killers has definietly a lot slower start, but later on you will meet less frustration than if you tryed to mantain aoe spots. You won't have an issue with farming on higher levels as well, since these spots as mentioned above will be empty/available. Generally your farm will be somewhat slow but sturdy.

Ok so having above in mind, below are setups which I consider to be good (farm-wise and/or fun-wise) for particular preferences:

1. Farming single targets with just you 2 and your box(es) - without joining random parties/cps etc

• 2x ARCHER + PP + BD (2 boxes are must have with duo ARCHER setup or your dps will be too low and you will be wasting too much adena on consumables)
  • 2x NUKER (prefefably necro (stupid gay class strongest in almost every aspect of the game ><) - for the nuking capabilities and summon dps) + SE (your friend on another nuker instead of bd will definitely make your party a lot stronger/farm faster)
  • 2x DA/WS/PS + WC (if no PS) or can be PP (if you go with PS)  - these setups has very high sustainable DPS due to power of summons, it's pretty cheap to start up (don't need top end gear due to summons benefits) and is relaxing to play with 

if you want SPOILER in your setup:

• TYRANT + SPOIL + WC
  • NUKER + SPOIL + SE
  • PS/DA/WS + SPOIL + WC

2. Farming with you two but joining random people/parties:

Basically any combination of chars below CAN get you in AOE party, but only combinations of 1-3 "demand rank" classes will reliable ensure that you will be finding/getting invited to parties. Demand factor - the smaller number the more needed in aoe parties

1. SWS/BD/TANK

2. NUKER (necro is usually most wanted - untill AURA SPLASH which costs 20kk+ :f) / SE /EE

3. TYRANT/WL/GLAD/ES

4. SPOIL/PP

5. WC/OL/WS/DESTRO

6. REST - nobody will invite them usually

Side Notes:

• Picking nuker(s) will most likely mean you won't be doing any RB's (maybe you can get to some <34 RB's if you buy bows) -with that said it's not a big deal because it's hard to find any RB parties above lvl 55 anyway and they aren't that exp-efficient anymore
  • Going for the option with farming without random people/parties - you will farm slower but your gameplay will be less frustratig and overall you should be wealtheir (usually you won't get rich by joining 9 man AoE parties) - but if you would go with 2 archers you need to have a good bows to not bankrupt on shots

Woow man! You put a lot of effort into this Thanks!

I didn't quite catch what is best option if you want to grind and join/make random RB parties 20-50 level?

And again, amazed of how helpful you are :)

Best and easy farm/pvp/raid party for 2 guys who can box 4 chars in my opinion would be:

-Warlord

-Spoiler

-Se

-EE

Warlord and spoil duo witch recharge can make really good money. 

Raids - if you search for raids yourself you will not have problem by getting in rbp.

Se buffs is enough for aoe so you can pick ee for extra mana.

Another option is:

Cdl mage with bd ee se. For example sph - you can do both aoe and cdl. But this would not make as much money as the first setup.

The best answer is choose what you want to play most and in time you will learn how to make money with any class you choose

20 hours ago, EasyCooler said:

Woow man! You put a lot of effort into this Thanks!

I didn't quite catch what is best option if you want to grind and join/make random RB parties 20-50 level?

And again, amazed of how helpful you are :)

For random 20-50 level RB parties best options would definitely be to make BD+SWS with a boxed buffer :P With such a setup all you need are DD's and there are plenty of those on the server while getting the BARD's often might be quite problematic (although this kind of assumes your buffer is already farmed :D).

If you dislike playing BD/SWS then second best bet would be to simply make archers. Archers are the goto DD's for most of forming parties. They aren't best but since lots of people are lazy and/or lack the knowledge, they believe that only bow user can fight RB's and if you are talking about bows, than obviously in their eyes archers are best DPS'ers even though it's not true and that with correct dyes, for quite some time (untill archers get more of their bow mastery passives/higher bow reuse buff) classes like Tyrant/Destro can outdps an archer :)

Focusing yourself on JOINING other parties rather than creating own brings 1 more issue - people won't want to invite your box WC which will need levels before becoming usefull (unless you of course already have a farmed buffer)

So above is what you want if you were to JOIN random RB parties.

If you were to CREATE random RB parties you could definitely consider doing melee parties, because:

• melee classes/weapons have a lot higher DPS than bow classes/weapons so you will simply kill more RB's in smaller ammount of time
  • melee classes can easily kill RB's with bow resist which are usually unkillable for bow users, so you have more RB hunting options
  • melee classes benefit from SE's STIGMA debuff that makes huge difference in the DPS that your party does (+20% ?)
  •  

(sorry for below explanation if you are already aware of how to deal with melee rb parties)

So the trick to doing melee RB parties is that you need to have an above average skill level tank (above average = not-an-idiot since l2 community outside of (arguably) TOP parties is really bad at this game) who will make tight circles around his party members allowing them to constantly autoattack with melee weapons while not receiving dmg from RB (it's easily doable, just use the arrow keys on the keyboard to move while simultaneusly turnning the camera slightly with the right mouse button)

So if you were to try and make melee RB parties (which are more efficient/faster but a bit harder to perform) your best bet and probably obligatory requirement would be to take the TANK role. This can be done by any tank SK/TK/DA/PALADIN or by BD/SWS although BD and SWS are a bit weaker in that department and it might be hard to keep the RB on you (additionally if you wanted to aggro RB on SWS/BD you will find yourself lacking the time to sing/dance and/or hex without taking big ammount of dmg while you stand still to preform these actions). So keeping above in mind these are my setup propositions for you 

• TANK + BD + box WC -> probably optimal setup  for random RB's because you have a TANK and a BD which if is good (and I'm assuming you guys know how to play) will constantly dance AND hex the RB <--this isnt all that obvious when you invite random BD's they are often slacking as hell and have problems using hex
  • TANK + SWS + box WC -> almost as good as above but BD provides a lot more dps (HEX and DANCES>SONGS) then SWS so if you were lacking one,  you can definitely kill a RB without an SWS, but killing RB without BD gona be painfull :) (and BD starts getting usefull dances since lvl 40, while SWS needs to wait to 49 or sth like that)
  • BD + SWS + box WC -> but some RB's might not go so smoothly due to losing the RB aggro
  • TANK + DD + box WC -> good setup but need of looking for BD for 40+ RB's will often waste lots of your time

And regarding mlee DD's for RB I would rank them in this order: TYRANT > DESTRO > DAGGERS > WS /SUMMONER > GLAD > OTHER

But honestly if you really enjoy RB's THAT much and can afford having 2 boxes, I would probably suggest going with a setup of 2 x ARCHER + BD box + PP box (it's definitely far from being an optimal way of playing L2, but it might match your playstyle preferences - just remember that this path "requires" you to have a reliable way of getting at least a 2x akat bows at level 40 - or eearlier). This way you can have your fun on the RB's and sitll have a realistical way of reaching high levels in future when RB's exp will slow down, and there won't be that many to kill anymore. This of course means you won't be joining AoE parties but those aren't that great without a CP. In the 40-60 levels it's ok but later on doing AOE with randoms will be hard, because there will be very limited ammount of spots (+you will be kicked by CP's constantly). Additionally AOE with DD's start to become rly inefficient at some point (due to limit of 15 targets on their AOE attacks) so NUKER's become the goto option, but for those you won't be getting invites into RB parties :f

Btw it would be a lot easier to suggest sth for you guys without nuking everyone around with walls of text if you simply said what kind of classes you LIKE to play :)

Edited by FinalFen

Thanks for another awesome post @FinalFen

Anyway I am interested in a combination of classes so we could also do RBs not exclusively, you know to break the monotone grind fest L2 is :). And yes I had melee RB parties in mind since it makes it interesting, kiting with archers is boring way to do it. 

So I guess DA, PS + WC possibly BD, could work well I guess? DA has somewhat powerful summon for dmg and PS has good melee summon as well. WC is more or less a must and a BD since he gets good dances from level 40 on. 

Classes we are willing to play mostly are the setup stated above. Sure we could also play other classes but since we are casuals that summoner set up could be the best idea + we are both new to summoners so it could keep things interesting for longer period of time. 

Thanks again FinalFen for the extensive amount of time you spent to help me decide :)

Np mate, happy I could help.

With that said 1 final remark: If you were to go the DA+PS setup, think I would actually replace BD with a Bounty Hunter. BD is definitely a good option but since Summons have naturally low crit rate they won't benefit from dance of fire that much. Dance of fury definitely offers a nice dps boost but in my opinion it's not worth to skip spoil just for that.

So... (this time) In short BD offers proably around +35-40% DPS increase to your "summoner party" while spoil offers probably like +300-400% wealth income. You can definitely go both paths, but I personally would prefer t3h m0n3yZ.