caesar1989

New Player, Lots of newb questions!

Hello there! :)

I've just started playing on this server yesterday, with my fiancee, and I've to say that it is really awesome.
I am an old player, used to play from C4 up to Gracia, then i went on a long break and tried other things, like WoW, FF14, Diablo 3, Tera... etc. etc. etc.
Unfortunately I can't play alot, like a couple of hours a day but not every day :( ... But it's not a problem, I'll slowly get to the endgame, enjoing the grinding process in the middle   :P 

I've got some newbie question, regarding the game and the server specifically, hope someone can help me

1. L2Classic 2.0 what Chronicle does it refers to?
  2. What is the Max character level?
  3. How much does the donations influence the game?
  4. Is it a problem if me and my fiancee play from the same IP? (we live together, it would be difficult to do otherwise)
  5. Is there a database/site (not in russian >_<) to check for drops and spoils?

If you have any suggestion or a little "todo checklist" that every newbie should follow when starting an adventure here, please feel free to share it :) 

48 minutes ago, caesar1989 said:

Hello there! :)

I've just started playing on this server yesterday, with my fiancee, and I've to say that it is really awesome.
I am an old player, used to play from C4 up to Gracia, then i went on a long break and tried other things, like WoW, FF14, Diablo 3, Tera... etc. etc. etc.
Unfortunately I can't play alot, like a couple of hours a day but not every day :( ... But it's not a problem, I'll slowly get to the endgame, enjoing the grinding process in the middle   :P 

I've got some newbie question, regarding the game and the server specifically, hope someone can help me

1. L2Classic 2.0 what Chronicle does it refers to?
  2. What is the Max character level?
  3. How much does the donations influence the game?
  4. Is it a problem if me and my fiancee play from the same IP? (we live together, it would be difficult to do otherwise)
  5. Is there a database/site (not in russian >_<) to check for drops and spoils?

If you have any suggestion or a little "todo checklist" that every newbie should follow when starting an adventure here, please feel free to share it :) 

1. Classic is a new chronicle, a rework of the original game. 2.0 is the current version of the server, in which they implemented TOI, baium, A-grade, olympiad, 3th profession and new skills, runes and other things

2. I think the level cap was removed. In the previous patch it was 76, skills continue being learned until 80 now (with future updates it continues 80-84 and so on)

3. There is an auction house from where you can buy items until top b, some are overenchanted. It does influence the game but overall, level and teamplay are more important things than gear. More here than in any other chronicle i would say.

Also there are services for class change, sex/name change, and npc nostalgia for buying adventure account for CoLs, that you can obtain by donation or adena. Allows you to log 1 more client

4. No problem

5. https://l2wiki.com/classic/Main_Page

- I suggest to do 27 lvl moon knight quest for top d grade armor and try to socialize as much as you can, make friends, be part of a group. Classic is for group play, not solo

Edited by Cyane
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Cyane said:

1. Classic is a new chronicle, a rework of the original game. 2.0 is the current version of the server, in which they implemented TOI, baium, A-grade, olympiad, 3th profession and new skills, runes and other things

2. I think the level cap was removed. In the previous patch it was 76, skills continue being learned until 80 now (with future updates it continues 80-84 and so on)

3. There is an auction house from where you can buy items until top b, some are overenchanted. It does influence the game but overall, level and teamplay are more important things than gear. More here than in any other chronicle i would say.

4. No problem

5. https://l2wiki.com/classic/Main_Page

Thank you for your answer!

I really like the fact that this a new Chronicle based on the Vanilla game :), is there a RoadMap or any hint of what the future update will be?

Ragarding the link to l2wiki it doesn't load (i tried from my office pc and from my phone (using LTE)).. I'm from italy, maybe that host is blocked here?

6 minutes ago, caesar1989 said:

Thank you for your answer!

I really like the fact that this a new Chronicle based on the Vanilla game :), is there a RoadMap or any hint of what the future update will be?

Ragarding the link to l2wiki it doesn't load (i tried from my office pc and from my phone (using LTE)).. I'm from italy, maybe that host is blocked here?

It is in mainteinance since 5 minutes ago

This are the official pathnotes https://eu.4game.com/lineage2classic/play/saviors/ of the current version we are playing

http://l2classic.club/forum/topic/16349-l2classicclub-20-update-patch-notes/ (this is what we have in our server)

These https://eu.4game.com/lineage2classic/play/zaken/ are the future that we dont have implemented yet

Edited by Cyane
  • Like 1

Another hour (maybe less lol) in the game, and here I'm again 9_9

So, I wanted to go to the Orc Village and Talking Island to spoil some low level base material recipe (like the Braided Hemp and cokes)
I was not able to find a quick way to the Orc Village (or Talking), the only one I found was going to Gludin and than teleport to the starting towns.

But this way it costs way too much for a starting player (all in all, to get to talking then orc village and then come back to the dwarven village, I has to spent something like 12k adena, that I don't have!).

The main issue here is that, to get all the money i need to travel around the world and get the basic recipes I was levelling too much and ended up being too high level to spoil/drop recipe from level 7 mosters in Talking island.

With my fiancee we found a way (she is a couple of level behind me, and i gave her some money to teleport..)
Is there another way to teleport avoiding/reducing the fees at low level?

Sorry if my explanation is confusing ^^'

21 minutes ago, caesar1989 said:

The main issue here is that, to get all the money i need to travel around the world and get the basic recipes I was levelling too much and ended up being too high level to spoil/drop recipe from level 7 mosters in Talking island.

You won't get rich by crafting mats or setting up manufactures (at least not so basic ones). If you are just starting i suggest you go to ruins to hunt SHIELD SKELETON <-- they have ~70% to spoil 1-2 a.bone (2.2-2.5k adena each) and are very easy to kill with the novice weapon you  get from the starting pack. 3-4h of work there and you will get your D weapon..

Edited by FinalFen

19 minutes ago, FinalFen said:

You won't get rich by crafting mats or setting up manufactures (at least not so basic ones). If you are just starting i suggest you go to ruins to hunt SHIELD SKELETON <-- they have ~70% to spoil 1-2 a.bone (2.2-2.5k adena each) and are very easy to kill with the novice weapon you  get from the starting pack. 3-4h of work there and you will get your D weapon..

Ok, i like this tip, I will surely do :) 

The main reason I'm doing the "spoil all base mats recipe" is to be able to craft all the things I need... Not to get rich :P 

So, the actual question was, if there is a way (or any plan) to add some newbie travel token, so that if you try to level a dwarf or an Orc you don't need to spend 3k adena to leave your starting village (and other 3k to come back)

About donation I would say it cost low to have a big boost at start. Trade few euros in col and you can get top D. If you want top c or better items then cost grows by a lot 

Mby you just reported bug now. Till lvl 40 porting should be free... Dunno if its 2.0 feature or 2.5... LF confirmation

Because this thread is about newbie questions so and i have on :D
1. My summons gets all my buffs then i summon him ? Or i need to rebuff him ?

Just now, Laras said:

Because this thread is about newbie questions so and i have on :D
1. My summons gets all my buffs then i summon him ? Or i need to rebuff him ?

It does.

4 hours ago, caesar1989 said:

The main reason I'm doing the "spoil all base mats recipe" is to be able to craft all the things I need... Not to get rich :P 

Tell me your nickname and I can give you recipes for the resources that I have.

I'm also a fan of having everything I need. Therefore, at the beginning of the game, I also made an effort, taking all the recipes. :D

2 hours ago, Phoenix said:

Tell me your nickname and I can give you recipes for the resources that I have.

I'm also a fan of having everything I need. Therefore, at the beginning of the game, I also made an effort, taking all the recipes. :D

Well, this is really kind of you, thank you! :) 
Hope to be able to return the favor some day!
In game you can send it to Majuri

4 hours ago, Kure said:

Mby you just reported bug now. Till lvl 40 porting should be free... Dunno if its 2.0 feature or 2.5... LF confirmation

Well it would be alot easier to save some money for newbie like this xD .. we gotta wait for an official answer btw

edit---

I just watched the changes in the patches on 2.0 and 2.5 and there is nothing about free teleport, so I suppose it is not something :( 
Also noticed that in 2.5 all the Teleport Scroll, that now you get from reward system, are going to be replaced by something else... >_>

Edited by caesar1989