Sign in to follow this  
BlackJack

Mounts poll

Mounts Poll  

60 members have voted

1. 1. For or against mounts overall ?

• Keep the mounts, its official feature.
    • get rid of them, not in spirit of classic gameplay.

Pointless to have 10 topics running on mounts. Personally I dislike them a lot. Moving to a certain position in a certain amount of time is a feature of lineage. If you decide to go to and farm on a hard to get position, people shouldn't be able to run back after ganking you on their mounts 2mins later. They allow you to bypass a lot of obstacles overall and imho thats against the spirit of classic gameplay.

i also vote to delete teletubies agathions and retarded hats/suits not fitting lore

and ofc bring back old Class Change system.

Edited by kkthx

So the reasoning you have is that carebears who farm on deep spots shouldnt be able to get ganked, just because they went to some deeper spot? Your reward is they dont get to you in next 30s but 2 mins, so the relation didnt really change. I wonder since when people started to be full pve players and stopped liking more pvp.

i vote to keep the mount, just fix it so you cant use skill even with servitor when youre on mount

vote no is unrealistic, becoz lot of ppl will react to it in negative way

14 minutes ago, Reaper said:

So the reasoning you have is that carebears who farm on deep spots shouldnt be able to get ganked, just because they went to some deeper spot? Your reward is they dont get to you in next 30s but 2 mins, so the relation didnt really change. I wonder since when people started to be full pve players and stopped liking more pvp.

no my reasoning is that this is not wow, but l2, using distance/terrain/travel time as a strategy creates more interesting game play. And I would argue creates more diverse pvp. For example check the first clip in the link i provided, do you think this pvp would happen if there were mounts?

17 minutes ago, Reaper said:

also forgot to mention that currently most of the players use the mounts to run away from pvp.

1 minute ago, BlackJack said:

also forgot to mention that currently most of the players use the mounts to run away from pvp.

So? There were faster classes which were abusing their speed until now to get away from pvp. If someone is coward and runs away from pvp, its his problem, not yours.

Just now, Reaper said:

So? There were faster classes which were abusing their speed until now to get away from pvp. If someone is coward and runs away from pvp, its his problem, not yours.

its true but still shitty, for example as necro vs those faster classes, if they are above anchor range, to catch such people after landing 1 fear, you follow them and fear them until you reach a terrain obstacle. Since you cant kill tankier classes before they run out of range. This doesnt work with mounts tho, they just run too fast away.

Outside of not spending your whole life climbing ToI, what are some benefits of mounts that negate the negatives?

So  much hate on mounts already, admins should give up and fix them. They will not gonna completely delete them. Don't even dream about that, but at least fix them.

its true but still shitty, for example as necro vs those faster classes, if they are above anchor range, to catch such people after landing 1 fear, you follow them and fear them until you reach a terrain obstacle. Since you cant kill tankier classes before they run out of range. This doesnt work with mounts tho, they just run too fast away.

So its bad just because you cannot perma fear/kill other guys just because they are on mounts? You decided to play necro, which is certainly in top 5 OP classes on classic, their biggest disadvantage is they are human mystic, who has lowest base speed of all classes, so you have to deal with it.

Benefit of mounts? Faster movement to get on your farming spot, faster checking for enemies on big landscape spots, possible to get some time for regroup once you see enemies comming for you and you have train on yourself (so you run little further to lose mobs and you can pvp), etc. etc.

3 minutes ago, Poseidon said:

stop qqing. go in game.

Im at work :D

4 minutes ago, Reaper said:

Benefit of mounts? Faster movement to get on your farming spot, faster checking for enemies on big landscape spots, possible to get some time for regroup once you see enemies comming for you and you have train on yourself (so you run little further to lose mobs and you can pvp), etc. etc

1. Faster movement to get on your farming spot - most people don't have their boxes 76, especially prophets bd/sws as there is no real benefit. I'd say 100% of the people solo farming in those spots dont benefit from this.
  2. Checking for enemies on big landscape spots - Still better done with cameras and faster than a mount.
  3. possible to get some time for regroup once you see enemies comming for you and you have train on yourself - If they have mounts its the same. Instead of pvp you will just run around like retards. I would also argue that giving more time to react to people who are getting ambushed while farming is overall bad. The word is ambush.

With farming spots for high levels getting more and more with each update and with the number of players this server has soon it will take you a lot of time to find players to pvp without mounts.

With or without mount , players who want to avoid pvp can just bsoe. Without mount you would lose 10 times more time trying to find pvp and watch your war use bsoe.

Just fix the combat stuff on mount and its ok

14 minutes ago, Reaper said:

So its bad just because you cannot perma fear/kill other guys just because they are on mounts? You decided to play necro, which is certainly in top 5 OP classes on classic, their biggest disadvantage is they are human mystic, who has lowest base speed of all classes, so you have to deal with it.

When i made my character i had no clue what was weak or strong. I wanted a cursed man, didnt even knew it wasn't on 1.3. when i started. I am not complaining that I cant kill those people with this strat. I am complaining that people are harder to kill overall with mounts than without, no matter the class, I just gave you an example from my viewpoint.

1 minute ago, Yomana said:

With farming spots for high levels getting more and more with each update and with the number of players this server has soon it will take you a lot of time to find players to pvp without mounts.

With or without mount , players who want to avoid pvp can just bsoe. Without mount you would lose 10 times more time trying to find pvp and watch your war use bsoe.

Just fix the combat stuff on mount and its ok

Bsoe - you gank they lose resource. Currently mount and run away.

On 2.5 - Devil's Isle. One high lvl zone.

Later on Ketra/Varka,Catacombs. - I really hate catacombs for the reason you mentioned, ppl just hide there and farrm. Maybe you have a point for there. But thats so far away probably 2 years away.

When i made my character i had no clue what was weak or strong. I wanted a cursed man, didnt even knew it wasn't on 1.3. when i started. I am not complaining that I cant kill those people with this strat. I am complaining that people are harder to kill overall with mounts than without, no matter the class, I just gave you an example from my viewpoint.

Its also much harder to kill people who has VoP or other third class skills, but i dont see people complaining to remove those. Its part of the game, gameplay will change, carebears will always find a way to get away from pvp, with mounts or without them. 

1 minute ago, Reaper said:

Its also much harder to kill people who has VoP or other third class skills, but i dont see people complaining to remove those. Its part of the game, gameplay will change, carebears will always find a way to get away from pvp, with mounts or without them. 

Because killing ppl who have new skills requires combat and pvp and not drag racing around. Sure people will always find a way to escape, but if I gank you 5 time in 30mins , you will lose 500k and 5 bsoes. Bsoes aren't so easy to come by in a 40man active clan. Still a loss of a resource it might be small, but it quickly adds up. Especially when you are out of bsoes. Before patch there were many bsoe buy shops, havent seen any recently :)

17 minutes ago, Reaper said:

VoP is a buff, which your pt can get too eventually, what's so alien about it?
I think you haven't been in many situations yet that enemy just mounts and flees to realize how dumb this feature is. Let them b.soe or relog, I prefer that 100 times better.
We want more pvp in the server, not stibas/TrolBrs.

Edited by Sensei

Just now, Sensei said:

VoP is a buff, which your pt can get too eventually, what's so alien about it?
I think you haven't been in many situations yet that enemy just mounts and flees to realize how dumb this feature is. Let them b.soe or relog, I prefer that 100 times better.
We want more pvp in the server, not stibas/TrolBrs.
I don't understand your logic.

Oh, i forgot mounts are special edition to summoners/cowards only, not like everybody gets them at 76. My bad.

1 minute ago, Reaper said:

Oh, i forgot mounts are special edition to summoners/cowards only, not like everybody gets them at 76. My bad.

You also forgot that if both are on mounts you still cannot catch the other becuz of the time it takes to dissmount :/

base speed means nothing anymore since all have 300 capped speed

Edited by Sensei

1 minute ago, Sensei said:

You also forgot that if both are on mounts you still cannot catch the other becuz of the time it takes to dissmount :/

base speed means nothing anymore since all have 300 capped speed

I was in both situations. Me being chased by guy with mount, he was still unable to kill me and me chasing guy with mount, able to kill him. Of course it wont work every time, but nothing works every time, thats how it is. I just see people crying just because they were unable to kill few people who uses these mounts unconventional way.

15 hours ago, BlackJack said:

Pointless to have 10 topics running on mounts.

So you made 11th topic. Damn that's so clever! :ph34r:

14 hours ago, Reaper said:

SYou decided to play necro, which is certainly in top 5 OP classes on classic

LOL wtf why TOP5 and not TOP1 ?! Oo

Edited by FinalFen

1 hour ago, FinalFen said:

LOL wtf why TOP5 and not TOP1 ?! Oo

Because i was talking about necro, not ES or PS or DA ;) 

Edited by Reaper

23 minutes ago, FinalFen said:

Do you really consider ES/PS stronger than NECRO ? I'm not sure if you'r trolling me or not :f

Not sure about ps but es is really stong after 77+ both in mass and 1v1 pvp