Sign in to follow this  
Draknus

Starting on the server, need some tips

Hi everyone, just found this server on Reddit - MMORPG,
I really like to play LA2, but just played some High Five server, but I really don't know NOTHING about the game.

Probally I'll start the game with a friend that know nothing too, So I came asking for some advice/questions

1- I'm planning to use a buffer as main character, but I don't know wich one is better. I like to play as a Buffer (NOT HEALER) on some games.
What is a good one to play that I can find parties to do Raids / Clan events, etc...?

2- Worth to make a Spoiler as first char to start making money? ( I don't know how the economic works on this server) Spoilers are usefull on this server?

3- Theres Subclass on this server? (I don't know when Subs was implemented, sorry).

4- Any guild recruting newbie players here? (English/Portuguese, But I don't care to learn another language :P)

5- How big is the population on the server? 

Thanks (: See you guys in-game

1. There're different kind of buffers in this game. 

Melee buffers (buffers that aside from buffing, they hit at melee range): Bladedancer (Dualswords) and Swordsinger (Sword/Blunt/Dagger + Shield)

These buffers offer short duration buffs that are highly useful, Bladedancer being more on the offense buffs and Swordsinger being, mostly, defensive buffs, among others. Bladedancer and Swordsingers are also highly needed (SWS a bit more than BD), so generally you'll find parties easily with those.

Robe buffers (buffers that actually casts the buffs and wear robe gear): Prophet (Great buffer for fighters, archers), Shillien Elder (excellent buffer for mages and helpful for fighters thanks to Vampiric Rage, which lets you recover HP as you hit, only for melee) and Elven Elder (nice tank buffer/healer, really useful buffs later on, see Clarity for example, which decreases MP costs)

You'll find that most of these buffers, except for Elven Elder sometimes, are played as boxes. Note that Shillien Elder and Elven Elder are the only buffers that can recover MP. If you go one of these three, you'll find parties but sometimes they won't need you since they have a boxed one. This specially goes for Prophets, which are the most used box imo.

Whateveryouwanttocallit buffers (buffers that can wear any kind of gear, those are the two Orc buffers): Warcryer (have most of the physical buffs with a few defensive and magical buffs) and Overlord (most of the magical and defensive buffs, also is a character used to bring different kind of diseases to the enemy, not only in the game.

These buffers can offer a variety of buffs, they don't focus on X kind of buff (just like Shillien Elder is focused on mages). They can even go leveling at melee range. 

Warcyer is welcomed in almost every party, Overlord is a weird character, may be the least used buffer, it doesn't mean it's useless. In fact it's highly useful on Clan vs Clan, since the cancer they can puke can reach Mars (AoE CC, tons of it)

I suggest you go Swordsinger > Bladedancer > Warcyer

2. It's always useful to start as a spoiler. As simple as that, you'll earn more money at the start if you are new here.

3. No subclasses on Classic 2.0

4. A lot of guilds are recruiting newbies, check the forum section or go to discord/in game chat

5. A lot

• Like 1

Well if you want to have cash than spoiler will help with that but you will have to level and gear it as well if you want good income. Spoilers are always good on low rate servers as only they have ability to gather materials.
Server has plenty of players and from 2.0 update people keep joining. So far no problems on making party or trading.
On classic it will take time leveling and getting things you want but while it takes time you will most likely get trough most content it has to offer like Raid Bosses or different zones. That way you will enjoy everything L2 has to offer.
On buffer question it really comes down to what you really want. 
Buffer/Healer are Shilen Elder or Elven Elder.
Buffer/Small Healer is Prophert.
Buffer/Dps/Debuff are Warcryer and Overlord.
Fighter type Buffer are Sword Singer or Blade Dancer.

If you played l2 you will know the classes so it depends on what you want. Classes like PP and WC are boxes often. With Swordsingers and Bladedancers you will be able to do so damage and will be welcome in parties. Even if some classes are often being used as boxes still active one is more useful and will find his place.
Think about what style you want to pick and look up the skills here: https://l2wiki.com/classic/Human

You can try to pick a class that works really well with your friends class. Synergy is always good. 

Edited by GrimoireWeiss