ekiM

Nerf Moon Knight monsters.

Did you guys even test the quest? I'm a lvl 26 elven knight in full top nograde getting my ass kicked by the orc quest monsters, why would u make them so hard!? Not every low lvl player is a reroll with top D grade equipments you know.

I'm already down about 50k adena (and i'm not even done with the quest yet) just from spamming soul shots+healing potions cause they hit like a truck and i need 25+ hits to kill them, also wasting my alacrity potions + buff scrolls to kill a single monster, which gives ZERO exp, every 5 minutes.

I love the idea of helping new players with a Dgrade set, but this quest is seriously terrible for new players, especially tanks.. :/ 

Edited by ekiM
  • Sad 1

Well i don't mind the early lvls of a tanky class, i've played tanks for 14 years on L2. Its slow to kill but at least you don't take much damage.. But this is a custom quest with custom mobs taking forever to kill AND hitting like a truck. I literally need every buff scrolls up + shots + spamming healing pots non stop, even with life cubic on. if the admin's idea was to help new players, they seriously need to reduce their damage and pdef because there is no way the orc quest monsters were designed for real new players but rather people rerolling and who already have a top D weapon.

Edited by ekiM

I made this quest solo recently too with a Cleric with no grade stuff. It's a bit hard I can confirm.

I suppose that when every monsters in Orc Barracks get an HPx2 modifier, the quest monster maybe get it too and it's a bit tough for a newbie player to get over it alone.

The Ol Mahum Quest Monster in this quest don't have that problem.

6 hours ago, Sarek said:

I made this quest solo recently too with a Cleric with no grade stuff. It's a bit hard I can confirm.

I suppose that when every monsters in Orc Barracks get an HPx2 modifier, the quest monster maybe get it too and it's a bit tough for a newbie player to get over it alone.

The Ol Mahum Quest Monster in this quest don't have that problem.

Yeah range class shouldnt have any problems, main problem for tank classes is that we need 25+ hits to kill them while they hit like a truck.

The Ol Mahum literally do no damage and die very easily, then we get to the orcs who takes forever to kill and also do huge damage to tanks, it's like black and white loll.

and @BlackMarket, i don't care if hundreds of people did it before me, it doesn't change the fact that making monsters 5 times stronger than they should be for a lvl 25 new player makes no sense. This custom quest is supposed to help new players yet it puts a certain class to a huge disadvantage, forcing them to waste a shitload of their adena in shots and potion spamming.

Edited by ekiM

i know this topis is very old, but since nothing has been done about it, instead of making new one, i'll reply to this

the orc part is really ridiculous, and has been made incredibly hard for no reason

the whole point of this quest is to make new players life easier, so they can catch up a bit with lvl on server that has been going on for a while (on official classic servers it wasn't introduced immediately too, but in some later update when top plyers already had some bigger levels), making it that hard takes the purpose out of this quest, because it's ridiculously hard (especially with melee) to do even with top ng stuff, and if it's doable with d grades, then what's the point in obtaining this set anyway (it's not like this set is OP or anything... on this version of the game probably it doesn't even have any set bonuses yet)?

don't even start with whining, that "it's classic it has to be hard blablabla", this argument was viable on the server start, not when it's running already for few years now (every official classic server later on gets a bit easier for new players, because it's not so easy to get a pt at this stage of the gameplay, when most of players have high lvls, so it lets newbies to catch up a bit, and it's logical to do this if u want new players coming to the server, and not get discouraged too quickly)

i'm struggling with this quest even while having dualbox with me, and probably i'll finally manage to complete it, but it doesn't change the fact it's just too hard for absolutely no reason and denies it's purpose, so these mobs should be nerfed to be doable solo

On 7/11/2019 at 7:53 PM, Voldren said:

i know this topis is very old, but since nothing has been done about it, instead of making new one, i'll reply to this

the orc part is really ridiculous, and has been made incredibly hard for no reason

the whole point of this quest is to make new players life easier, so they can catch up a bit with lvl on server that has been going on for a while (on official classic servers it wasn't introduced immediately too, but in some later update when top plyers already had some bigger levels), making it that hard takes the purpose out of this quest, because it's ridiculously hard (especially with melee) to do even with top ng stuff, and if it's doable with d grades, then what's the point in obtaining this set anyway (it's not like this set is OP or anything... on this version of the game probably it doesn't even have any set bonuses yet)?

don't even start with whining, that "it's classic it has to be hard blablabla", this argument was viable on the server start, not when it's running already for few years now (every official classic server later on gets a bit easier for new players, because it's not so easy to get a pt at this stage of the gameplay, when most of players have high lvls, so it lets newbies to catch up a bit, and it's logical to do this if u want new players coming to the server, and not get discouraged too quickly)

i'm struggling with this quest even while having dualbox with me, and probably i'll finally manage to complete it, but it doesn't change the fact it's just too hard for absolutely no reason and denies it's purpose, so these mobs should be nerfed to be doable solo

Haven't been there myself but if they're really as hard as you say, then I agree something should be done about it... This server is already making newbies' lives miserable with locking dualbox behind paywall, no need to make them suffer any more.

+1 for nerfing those quest mobs.

Easy solution is to not do it solo, this game is meant to be played with people. So find some people and do the quest together.

On 7/12/2019 at 9:16 PM, Humble said:

Easy solution is to not do it solo, this game is meant to be played with people. So find some people and do the quest together.

Y but that's only theoretical solution, in reality it's way too difficult to find people on this early level. It's the same as when people say the dualbox for 10€ for newbies isn't a problem because they're supposed to play with other people - yes they are, but it just doesn't work on nearly 4 year old server.

Server needs to adapt to current needs, not to what is theoretically correct way.

Edited by FryderykChopin

New people get good starterset + shorter quest change quests. I dont think its even important to do moon knight quest, might as well skip it. There are probably 100+ clans with free d and c grade in cwh. So play the game like its supposed to be played, in a group. Else if you really want to go solo to lvl 80 you should not cry about the first quest you come up with because then this game is obviously not for you.

Oh, i remember doing this quest when i just started to play here (was an elven knight too without any good equipment, all i had is wooden set and a weapon from starter coupon). It was hard, especially without proper buffs. I'd recommend to buy a lot of hp pots and a couple of haste and ww pots, don't be greedy cuz this will help. When you're getting low on health - drink potions and kite while your hp regens. It will take some time, but at least this is doable this way.