Sign in to follow this  
HelenGirro

GMs, can you please get rid of that offline box animation?

Offline trade animation  

33 members have voted

1. 1. Delete that offline trade animation?

• YES!
    • no

Hi, I have just one thing.

Can you please get rid of that animated circle animation above each dwarfs head when they are in offline trade? Its really bad design, because it makes unnecessary load on the computer and even with SSD you are loading Giran Harbor for few minutes. If you turn it off, it will improve performance for everyone. Make it something static, which does not move, or dont make any animation or picture at all so people load it faster. Thanks!

Yes, but... It's just half-assed solution. The major issue is the f***ing Giran Harbor itself - it's a giantic plain area without a single wall and with fishers and their summons (which have f***ing loading priority) right next to the trading place. Yeah the animation is literally a torture device from the depths of eternal damnation, but it should be a part of the whole "moving the trading zone to Giran where it belongs since 2004" package. Again - I absolutely support the idea, but I'm afraid admins will just sprinkle this on us and say "ok we did something about the trading zone, so I guess we don't have to worry about moving it to Giran Town until 2k19"

btw. - the best solution is turning a trader's nickname grey, no extra animation needed. But again - ONCE THE TRADING ZONE IS BACK IN GIRAN TOWN!

Trade zone is fine in harbor. We dont want it in giran town who on earth told you its better? Giran clan halls will suffer.

Harbor is the best. Get rid of sleep effect for offline shops. And maybe set gludin harbor for fishing and put a free tp there...

4 hours ago, Naitrino said:

Trade zone is fine in harbor. We dont want it in giran town who on earth told you its better? Giran clan halls will suffer.

Harbor is the best. Get rid of sleep effect for offline shops. And maybe set gludin harbor for fishing and put a free tp there...

only u will suffer. lol

i'd prefer like it should be - traders in town

On 12. 2. 2018 at 1:10 PM, Naitrino said:

Giran Clan Halls are perfectly fine - you see, the shops don't start spawning unless you're close to them and/or are in your vision radius. The only time you're - ever so slightly - affected is when you're running straight from CH to GK, and even then (map):

a) Mithril Chamber completely unaffected
b) The Bronze Chamber an Silver Manor affected only marginally affected since they're running on the less used south/eastern part of the square.

And so the only one who are affected - and I'll get to this word later - are members of The Silver Chamber and The Golden Chamber. That's two clans compared to the rest of the server, which just doesn't put enough weight to the other half of the scale to really make it an argument to consider.

But now let me get the prime reason why this argument doesn't really hold up in practice - if you're free to do so, please teleport to the Giran Harbor as it is now and without any delay, run to the northern gate. Was it really such a bother? I bet it wasn't, because the reason why you, or really anyone consider Giran Harbor as such cancer to stay in is because we go there to shop, and thus we let the shops load. And so - if you're really just running through, you don't load enough shops to make it a relevant issue. Mind you - not sure if you've noticed, but the shops don't load even if you're not directly on the window, so logging with several characters isn't issue either.

Also - not sure if my mind is playing tricks, but weren't Giran Clan Halls always considered the most prestigious ones exactly because they were in the middle of the bussiness zone? And that's how it's always been ever since I started playing 10 or more years ago, at the time there were just as much or even more shops in Giran and people had generally much weaker PCs. Did anyone having a Giran Clan hall complain back then? They didn't. And you know why?

Because it has always been a part of the game. And this exactly is the prime reason why trading center needs to return back to Giran. Giran Harbor is a custom zone - yes, it's comfortable, but it DOES NOT BELONG to a classic Lineage.

But even though this reason itself is enough to move the trading zone back to Giran, there're much more of them - importantly it has infrastrucure of a trading center - every single NPC that you need for bussiness is in Giran Grocery for Soul Ores, Spirit Ores, Gemstones etc., weapon/armor shops when you want to crystalize something, the NPCs for talismans, NPC to give your weapon an SA etc. it's just all in there. But importantly the zone is not affected by fishers and their pets who are making the Giran Harbor hell to really go there - the fishing areas are smartly divided by several walls and are quite far from trading zone so they don't affect the loading at all - whew, it almost sounds like somebody wanted this town to be a bussiness center or something.

The trading zone needs to return to Giran as soon as possible; it's not just a question of nostalgia and the roots of Lineage II - Giran Town is simply superior trading center to Giran Harbor in pretty much every aspect.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FryderykChopin said:

Giran Harbor is a custom zone - yes, it's comfortable

Also this kind of sounds ironic today because even though being comfortable was one of the reasons it was implemented back on old patch, it turned into an ultimate excruciating torture when 2.0 and fishing was introduced. It's not even anywhere close to comfortable anymore, it's just pure cancer now.