FryderykChopin

[To admins] trading experience is absolutely fantastic right now. Thank you.

Some people say the best part of this game are the castle sieges or olympiad or whatever. Well, they're wrong. 

The best part of this game is when you move to our beautiful Giran Harbor, and you can go make a coffee before the shops even load. If you don't drink coffee then you're at no loss either because you can enjoy pentafijillion fishers being loaded before your shops, with their pets as a priority. And who doesn't want to watch people bot fish, right?

But the best part is yet to come - because admins wisefully decided to keep that beautiful sleep animation as offline indicator, you get an amazing cinematic which turns into a borderline slideshow when you accidentaly move your camera to a broader horizon.

But that's still not all, can anything really beat that moment when you wait 5 minutes for shops to load, then decide to buy something and then another shop loads with a lower price of what you wanted? PRICELESS!

It's all around amazing experience, so thank you admins for doing absolutely nothing about it, because such treasure should be saved for future generations as a deterrent example.

thumbs_up_trans.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Well i agree for sleep animation. I see from Nvidia users they dont have problem, but for me as AMD user i have huge fps drop because of this animation.

And really people in towns annoying. Now we have lag in towns near GK and in giran harbor, when we could have only in harbor.

when i had client on hdd, ye, shops were loading 5 mins, but now when its on SSD, 30-60s and i load 90% of shops, also i dont need 120 FPS to do freaking shopping and yeah, these offline shops in aden are annoying, coz now when you rebuff there/try to move around to grocery and sh1ts to buy healing potions, you are getting fps drop in town as well. offline shop should have stayed for free only in GH, that way there were few shops with bought offline envelope which were selling shots/fishing stew which was nice, coz some ppl were lazy to go GH to buy fast shots so they bought it slightly overpriced and the other guy made nice profit.

43 minutes ago, MoDoy said:

when i had client on hdd, ye, shops were loading 5 mins, but now when its on SSD, 30-60s and i load 90% of shops, also i dont need 120 FPS to do freaking shopping and yeah, these offline shops in aden are annoying, coz now when you rebuff there/try to move around to grocery and sh1ts to buy healing potions, you are getting fps drop in town as well. offline shop should have stayed for free only in GH, that way there were few shops with bought offline envelope which were selling shots/fishing stew which was nice, coz some ppl were lazy to go GH to buy fast shots so they bought it slightly overpriced and the other guy made nice profit.

exactly on point +1

2 hours ago, BlackJack said:

make more threads about something you dont like..zz

I will, at least until it changes, because it's cancer.

2 hours ago, Rizos said:

Dude nobody takes you serious on this server :D.

/care

2 hours ago, MoDoy said:

I have SSD myself but it's simply not case for everyone just yet. 

But the issue is about principle really - why should roughly half of the people with HDD (according to the stats above) along with everyone with weaker PCs suffer just because admins are too lazy to change the offline shop indication from sleep animation to grey nickname or whatever? I mean if someone tried hard he could find a reason to have fishers in trading zone, but there's literally no case for having this lagging offline shop animation.

1 hour ago, Koll said:

1) All this shops not fit in any other zones
2) Even if they fit, it will be same amount

You didn't read my post, but no hard feelings, after 2,5 years I've been here I wouldn't read my posts either.

So I'll be brief - I kinda gave up on the idea of having Giran Town the trading center (mostly because things aren't really moving around here). BUT what I suggest now, and most people agree with, is that you guys change the offline shop indicator from sleep animation -> grey nickname and remove the fishing zone from Giran Harbor.

1 minute ago, FryderykChopin said:

But the issue is about principle really - why should roughly half of the people with HDD (according to the stats above) along with everyone with weaker PCs suffer just because admins are too lazy to change the offline shop indication from sleep animation to grey nickname or whatever? I mean if someone tried hard he could find a reason to have fishers in trading zone, but there's literally no case for having this lagging offline shop animation.

First of all, this kind of statistic is pure bullsh1t to bring like this, even if 50% of ppl had HDD and not SSD, how many of them actually game? because SSD is like big priority if you are gaming and if its your hobby, you invest into it something, but if you use your PC for FB or once a day, ofc you wont invest in SSD, since its still quite expensive. Its like giving statistics here that half of the ppl are still using windows XP, just because millions of PCs in offices have those and companies cannot/dont want to switch to higher tier windows, but you wont find big amount of people who are gaming and using win XP :D 

about sleep animation, yeah, probably something could be done about it, but i dont think its high priority as it is now? there are WAY more important things to take care of right now (and dont come and say "blah blah its 2 min job to delete it", maybe it is, maybe its not, you never know what kind of problems deleting some part of code makes)

99 little bugs in the code...

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, FryderykChopin said:

I will, at least until it changes, because it's cancer.

/care

You didn't read my post, but no hard feelings, after 2,5 years I've been here I wouldn't read my posts either.

So I'll be brief - I kinda gave up on the idea of having Giran Town the trading center (mostly because things aren't really moving around here). BUT what I suggest now, and most people agree with, is that you guys change the offline shop indicator from sleep animation -> grey nickname and remove the fishing zone from Giran Harbor.

In your post one of your problems is that shops loading 5 min. Removing shops from GH will just make them go in Giran and Giran will start load for 3-5 min.

About animation, I asked Manton already what options we have. About restrict fishing, as I understand need to create custome zone restricting fishing at coordinates we put, so it will take more time.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Koll said:

In your post one of your problems is that shops loading 5 min. Removing shops from GH will just make them go in Giran and Giran will start load for 3-5 min.

About animation, I asked Manton already what options we have. About restrict fishing, as I understand need to create custome zone restricting fishing at coordinates we put, so it will take more time.

well glad to hear the things are moving there at least... As for the Giran Town... Well the main objection was that custom trading zone is anti-classic, but nevermind that for now, right now the offline animation and fishers out of GH will do :) 

Omg again this harbor thing. Please stop. 

Takin 5 min to walk giran sounds better? 

/remove sleep

/make fishing not working to giran harbor move it to gludin

/alt+p

/quit server

Wanna try playing in small server with 20 shops? I don't get the complaints. Imagine having that quantity of shops in giran and having to port giran during a siege... would be super fun......

I'd agree about the sleep animation but i imagine it would be equally laggy without them anywayz ;D

32 minutes ago, weeeeD said:

Wanna try playing in small server with 20 shops? I don't get the complaints. Imagine having that quantity of shops in giran and having to port giran during a siege... would be super fun......

I'd agree about the sleep animation but i imagine it would be equally laggy without them anywayz ;D

i made the exact same point to him in the previous thread and it got completely ignored lul

4 hours ago, Koll said:

Back in the days we had "stigma" animation in offline shops... It wasnt that painfull as sleep is . 

5 hours ago, BlackJack said:

i made the exact same point to him in the previous thread and it got completely ignored lul

Pretty sure I've replied before, but it's a dull argument - shops have been in Giran since always and nobody has complained because it's just the way the game is. Of course it would be less comfortable, but same way I can say I don't like getting 0,00% per mob, so why don't we make botting legal?

Also as for the performance issues - the TP port times are completely unaffected as the shops don't start loading until you TP, and your fps are barely affected as well since if you just run through, you do not load enough shops to make it a relevant issue. I'll probably repeat myself but over the past XY years we've been playing L2 we all have played on numerous of different servers (which 99% of them had trading center in Giran), and we all have been through sieges, and we all had much worse machines back then, and we all lived ^_^

Edited by FryderykChopin

4 minutes ago, FryderykChopin said:

Pretty sure I've replied before, but it's a dull argument - shops have been in Giran since always and nobody has complained because it's just the way the game is. Of course it would be less comfortable, but same way I can say I don't like getting 0,00% per mob, so why don't we make botting legal?

Also as for the performance issues - the TP port times are completely unaffected as the shops don't start loading until you TP, and your fps are barely affected as well since if you just run through, you do not load enough shops to make it a relevant issue. I'll probably repeat myself but over the past XY years we've been playing L2 we all have played on numerous of different servers (which 99% of them had trading center in Giran), and we all have been through sieges, and we all had much worse machines back then, and we all lived ^_^

You do realize that there is water near what would be "giran shopping area" and it would not be very different ? If you move market there people would probably start fishing more there cuz that's just where they would be at the time, they run to water hit fish and go to sleep/afk. And it makes it a lot worse for everyone actually having to pass through giran, be it for grocery, quest, group for loa, grouping for rbs, buying talismans, making toi tali, buying luxury shop, having clan hall in giran (would suck so hard to have low fps inside ur own ch) or just teleporting somewhere else, while you can completely ignore giran harbor if you are not going to buy or sell stuff. So what's better, to annoy everyone that has to go to giran to do anything or annoy only the people that will buy/sell at harbor ?

Yes we've all survived shops in giran in other servers, but doesn't mean it wasn't laggy as fk or better than harbor is.

Your arguments are too flawed, you have nostalgic reasons, not logical ones.

• Like 1

The water zones in Giran aren't really an issue because iirc there's no spawning point near them - but most importantly they're mighty far from GK port, which can't be said in Giran Harbor. As for the CHs, similar thing - none of the halls are close enough to the high stress zones so you don't have to worry about performance drops there either. Buying talies, luxury, groceries etc. are just another cases for Giran Town, since these are supposed to be in the main trading zone. And again - just passing through high stress area doesn't cause any significant performance issues - you don't have to just believe me; just TP to Giran Harbor and run to the northern gate, and see how many shops you load. Now imagine they don't have the pesky animation icon and there goes your answer.

But yes, as far as the comfort goes, Giran Harbor is a clear winner. But the real question is - do we really want comfortable custom features? :P

11 minutes ago, FryderykChopin said:

The water zones in Giran aren't really an issue because iirc there's no spawning point near them - but most importantly they're mighty far from GK port, which can't be said in Giran Harbor. As for the CHs, similar thing - none of the halls are close enough to the high stress zones so you don't have to worry about performance drops there either. Buying talies, luxury, groceries etc. are just another cases for Giran Town, since these are supposed to be in the main trading zone. And again - just passing through high stress area doesn't cause any significant performance issues - you don't have to just believe me; just TP to Giran Harbor and run to the northern gate, and see how many shops you load. Now imagine they don't have the pesky animation icon and there goes your answer.

But yes, as far as the comfort goes, Giran Harbor is a clear winner. But the real question is - do we really want comfortable custom features? :P

just because you dont load all shops doesnt mean you dont have 1 FPS since second one you start loading the shops.

1 hour ago, MoDoy said:

just because you dont load all shops doesnt mean you dont have 1 FPS since second one you start loading the shops.

I'm playing on fairly weak machine and from my own experience, it's not really and issue until about a minute in you stand and wait for the shops to load.

11 hours ago, FryderykChopin said:

thumbs_up_trans.png

Top idiotic thing was to make shops lasting until restart, not 24h only like before, so ppl instead setting 3-5 shop, set them 20 per person, bcoz its worth to do it since ur char can sit up to 4 days trading w.o need to set it again.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, BoogeyMan said:

Insert the pool into monster track, or make monster track as shopping area as old good classic :ph34r:

That would also be cool, but it wouldn't be possible in it's current state where everyone can set limitless ammount of offline shops which last until restart.

I think a nice combination would be disabling the Giran Harbor completely and make the MDT as whole the offline ticket zone, alongside with it's soft rework - the offline ticket would be bought like a premium acc for certain ammount of time - 1 day / 7 days / 30 days. This way the market would automatically turn MDT into a premium zone and regular shops would remain in towns where they belong ^_^