Pakarti

SWS Setup Help

Hello community,
I just started on l2 classic leaving the **** l2 official behind in search for the good old times. Now I really wanted to create a sws since it's a class I didn't ever have the chance to play back on old chronicles and I guess it is still a "must" in many pt cases. Have been playing for 2 days, currently 30lv soloing cuz bleh I rarely find any raid parties.
So I would really like to have your suggestions on a good setup pvp wise (mostly mass pvp, idc about pve since my job in pve is to only make trains afaik which can be done without even the need of armor/weap lol). Adena making seems pretty hard so I'm not intending to waste any on c-grade equipment, and since my job even at raids is just to run circles, I'll be fine.
My thoughts are separated in two different contents: 
1) I go full tank, sword health SA, dyes +CON -DEX or -STR (mostly leaning towards -DEX), doom heavy set
2) I turn a little "kinky" and use dagger (focus or bleed SA), dyes +DEX or +STR -CON (mostly leaning towards +DEX), zubei set / maybe avadon, although I think the +%pdef from zubei set is more worth it (?!)
-A shield will be carried in both cases as well as a bow.
-As for the blue wolf set I don't think it suits my playstyle, nor the class really.
-In addition, I don't think a 2h also suits my playstyle nor do I find it suitable for pvp cases.
I know all these refer to the far future compared to where I am now, but I really want to have a plan to follow. I've mentioned the words "my playstyle" but do not worry my friends, I am open to every suggestion and willing to change "my playstyle" for the best outcome of my class/character in game!

Hey,

when I was playing on Skelth classic official (zaken/antharas) patch I was sws 71. I finished 4 times in a row as 2nd on olympiad with about 150 pts playing just last day every month.

The only classes I had no chance to win agains on my lvl were WC, Craft. Paladin.

DA, SK 50/50

the rest was pretty much easy.

Setup:

doome heavy set +3

bw heavy set +3 (since zaken patch +30% resist stun) u do need this set for oly or its just stun fiesta

karmian set

cursed maingauche D dagger (bleed) +13 othel 8

emi bow +7 othel 7

bo set +3

dyes +4 WIT -5 INT

It depends what u want to play, for open pvp I would change just dyes.

+12 CON -15 STR in mage pack

+12 CON - 5 STR -10 DEX in fighter pack.

Edited by Nez

Kinda surprised you have troubles finding RB parties, most usually when I open /partymatching there're some <40 RB parties

As for the dyes, for PvP the +12 CON is a no-brainer no question asked, but for you second setup I wouldn't really suggest leaning towards +DEX too much - it was buffed in 2.0 but it still doesn't provide enough bonuses to outweight the power of +STR (mind you, on classic the +DEX doesn't give speed). For armor, well, you can get ava/zubei dirty cheap, but depends on how much of a believer in soon(tm) you are, I'd be already looking to get yourself a BW set, as Nez mentioned you will definitely want that +30% Stun Resist once it comes. And until then, +7 speed is always a nice bonus ^_^

Your setup depends on what you're gonna do. If you're into mass pvp and sieges, you might want go +CON and Doom set. But having BW would be nice too, especially if you're gonna try oly. Anyway, you'll need lots of adena.
Btw, there's no such thing as SA, we have weapon runes here, i'd say the most useful for sws is yul (+speed) which you can put in any cheap D grade dagger and othell (+crit rate) in your main weapon. Of course, there's other runes with other bonuses, you can google it and decide what suits you.
You also might want to check RBs and gather party by yourself. Later you won't need to do this, but at your lvl it's the only way to lvl up fast. Take the initiative in your hands. Just do it! Don't let your dreams be dreams.

Edited by Noveria

There's also this thing I don't quite understand. While singing I use extra mana for each consecutive song. I've read that there's a way to improve this matter by working with the bd of the party and singing after he dances. Still I don't get how it works, do i spend extra money when the song is being put right next to another song I buffed previously? So by putting a dance in between it gets fixed it? And if so then why are people suggesting going 1-3-1 or 3-2 (dance/song) and not just 1 song then 1 dance etc? 

10 minutes ago, Pakarti said:

There's also this thing I don't quite understand. While singing I use extra mana for each consecutive song. I've read that there's a way to improve this matter by working with the bd of the party and singing after he dances. Still I don't get how it works, do i spend extra money when the song is being put right next to another song I buffed previously? So by putting a dance in between it gets fixed it? And if so then why are people suggesting going 1-3-1 or 3-2 (dance/song) and not just 1 song then 1 dance etc? 

each dance/song costs extra mp for every dance/song you already have

there are different tactics how to "reduce" (its in "" because its not really reducing, but more like balancing MP between bards), because by going 1-3-1 for example, one bard will have 1 very cheap s/d and 1 very expensive while other bard will have 3 dances for middle price, thus both bards will end up with similar mp at the end. it depends by how many s/d each of bard is doing, for example in mage party, you pretty much want to go all songs first and then dances (or maybe fury somewhere at start so you prepare faster for pvp for example), but that way sws will have like 7 songs which are somehow normal price on average while BD will have 3 very expensive dances, however if it was done randomly or 1 by 1 changing, BD would end up with almost full mp while sws would be drained if he got like 2-3 expensive songs out.

what some ppl do is they either split s/d (done mostly in pve, coz in pvp you dont have time to do that) - songs and dances are 900 range, that means if you put sws on 1 side of room, in the middle your party and on other side of the room BD, party will be in reach of both songs and dances, however sws and BD will be out of each others range, that means they will get only their cost s/d (which is lowest possible) and its not like you need s/d on bards in pve anyway.

in pvp some parties are doing tactic to kick one of the bards before s/d, let the bard which stayed in pt sing or dance (depending which one stayed), after invite second bard and let him do his songs/dances = both bards spent lowest possible mp for their s/d, however this works only for duration of first s/d, because the bard who was in party whole time got the other guys s/d at the end, which in case of resinging/redancing takes too much time to wait for those to get out, but still cheaper than keeping both guys in party whole time.

• Like 1