Sign in to follow this  
Tobbygnome

Need few tips about class change from SwS

Hello everyone. I used to play Lineage 2 interlude back in 2008, but I was kid, and I didn't managed to experience some end game content, what I mean, it is sieges, epic bosses, clan pvp etc. Right now I'm SWS almost 70 lvl, actually close to end game, and I would love to change my class to something different ( damage class ) Because it seems boring with SWS in sieges or mass pvp, u do low dmg, no huge impact ( I guess, right ? ) So I would love to take part in some actions, and actually killing people. I would love to hear from experienced players a tips, what can I roll.

My criteria :

1) Fun in mass pvp ( sieges, 9v9, random pvp 1v1 somewhere in woods :D )

2) Party farming ( TOI for example, aoe, solo target if people even do that there.. idk)

p.s. I forgot to mention that I have se/pp 60 lvl's. ( so time to time I can solo farm a bit if I have to )

p.s.s. I liked archers back in Interlude, but they can't aoe farm, and I didn't saw a lot of archers farming in TOI, they are solo somewhere in blazzing swamps, so solo farming  for me kinda boring...Also destros, they are cute to me, but idk how they are in TOI at all...

Please don't tell me - play that class that looks best for u. Problem is, Idk how each class act in end game since I never been there, so this is why I can't choose by my self and asking your advice.
Early thanks to everyone who replies :) have a nice day !

5 hours ago, Tobbygnome said:

destros, they are cute to me, but idk how they are in TOI at all...

this.

if destro is "cute" for u and u have pp+se u dont need anything else to conquer any farming spot, also toi for solo and for group aoe

necro is the most universal. top tier on oly (with proper tali use), good on 1v1, for mage pt setup also need 2 necros, solo can cdl, fat af. desto is strong when it has tablets skills.

I think in general your approach could be incorrect for the end game. End game is played by CPs (epics, toi, siedges). To play in cp - you need to play\reroll to class your cp need.

6 hours ago, Tobbygnome said:

Because it seems boring with SWS in sieges or mass pvp, u do low dmg, no huge impact ( I guess, right ? )

Huh. This is new. :D

Anyway...

Read l2 classic wiki about classes you are interested in, learn what skills they have, what they can/can't do. Every class is good at the end game, but some are strong in 1vs1, some are strong in mass pvp, some are strong in pve, some are must have in every party.

You just need to decide if you want to play ranged/melee dd and what is more important for you: pvp or pve content.
As it was said before, necro is very powerful (good dmg, lots of debuffs, high survivability). Or you can try to play PR, this is one of the most powerful dd's as well, but he's very fragile and can't go aoe. If you're into melee classes, you can try DA.

Or you can continue playing SWS trying to get higher lvl. While you're playing SWS you have time to learn more about different classes and ask more ppl.

well, by your criteria i would suggest DA, which is insanely strong in 1vs1 and 9vs9, it can farm AoE and in 1 by 1 party while having by itself very fast 1 by 1 clear because of panther, it can fit in every kind of CP later on (mage/archer/melee), it falls a bit in mass pvp imo but there you role is also big because of how chain pull works on our server, however you cannot expect huge burst DMG by it, rather it has constant good dps on single target, so maybe you would like to try DD as you mentioned if only thing which matters for you is killing people.

as was said in previous replies, what you are looking for from DDs is - SPH/Necro/PR/Tyrant/Destroyer (all of them have fast 1by1 clear and except PR all of them can AoE as well)

Thanks for replies everyone ! I checked some more videos ( pvp / pve ) about classes u suggested me. Not really fan of tanks, and sws also kinda off tank, lets say.. I kinda fed up running in circles already, so DA and SK are cool no doubt but they still are tanks, I will have to kite mobs again, and I don't wanna do it. I kinda found my self liking Necro, it has decent damage and some cool debuffs. Looking forward to change for Necro atm, but since it is range and it is " mage " almost. I would love to hear some info about sorc/sh here in our classic. Are they in need? Haven't seen a lot Sorc at all. Also saw our 78 lvl sps videos on youtube ( won't spoil name ) it deals such a low damage in pvp + it eats a lot of mp so, idk about them...  so kinda interested  right now on Necro, Sorc ans SH. I know they all have their cons and pros. My question atm is : With who I will find faster decent clan/cp to lvl up and have fun actually. Because I don't wanna waste half day waiting for my turn to join clan party to farm. Thanks for early again !

Edited by Tobbygnome

1 hour ago, Tobbygnome said:

Thanks for replies everyone ! I checked some more videos ( pvp / pve ) about classes u suggested me. Not really fan of tanks, and sws also kinda off tank, lets say.. I kinda fed up running in circles already, so DA and SK are cool no doubt but they still are tanks, I will have to kite mobs again, and I don't wanna do it. I kinda found my self liking Necro, it has decent damage and some cool debuffs. Looking forward to change for Necro atm, but since it is range and it is " mage " almost. I would love to hear some info about sorc/sh here in our classic. Are they in need? Haven't seen a lot Sorc at all. Also saw our 78 lvl sps videos on youtube ( won't spoil name ) it deals such a low damage in pvp + it eats a lot of mp so, idk about them...  so kinda interested  right now on Necro, Sorc ans SH. I know they all have their cons and pros. My question atm is : With who I will find faster decent clan/cp to lvl up and have fun actually. Because I don't wanna waste half day waiting for my turn to join clan party to farm. Thanks for early again !

Sorc for aoe, SH for solo.

I would go for Sorc at ur place, coz there is few Sorcs and it has top Aoe burst