Sign in to follow this  
Lady_Zenith

Few questions from new player.

Hello guys. I think Im gonna start playing here. Its the time of the year and I miss L2 again. I checked the classic servers around and this one seems most alive, so I I will stick.

The thing is, Iv played L2 seriously 10+ years ago (2004-2008), and back then I ended with C4 (my fav chronicle), and later in 2014 had one shorter episode with one interlude server. I dislike the modern chronicles cause I think the attrib system and S80+ stuff (aka clones everywhere only 1 gear option, etc) killed it for me (along with the no drops when dying to mob from C5), Ill never touch that. But classic well, it has neither of these issues and I like low rates, so here Iam.

Iv studied the forum a bit, looked at the market in the game and it looks like a lot of things have changed. Like where is weapon SA for example hehe.

So basically, I have a few questions. We are here on 2.0 right? But the L2 classic wiki is not 2.0 its higher, so my question - Is the drop/spoil list still valid? Aka does porta still spoil CL?

And second thing, a lil bit of scouting about the classes. I used to play SPS, with own spoiler alt and 2 buffpets ofc. I will most likely play elf mage again its my tradition, but I was thinking about summoner this time. I know classic has different balance from the old chronicles, so here is the question, Do people play ES here? Is it viable? I know they are good solo farmers but I remember from years ago compared to SPS it was slow as hell, even if I include SPS sitting half the time for mana it still used to be much faster exp. And the next question is PVP. Is the ES viable for anything? I know in the future updates they receive weak nuke which gives them a bit of juice but now? Also, maybe I can be convinced to Warlock, providing the Binding cubic would be the bitch I remember it being from back then. Does it land often? Length of para if it does?

Also, what kind of buffer do you think is best for SPS or ES? For SPS I would grab SE right? But for ES would SE be still better for VR or would classic prophet do better? The rates here are low so caring more than one buffpet may not be viable, and I may drop him once I get high enough to find suitable clan and get to the lvl where I can effectively party with others. Oh and last question, is ES wanted in parties as mage AOE party support once they get the seraphim unicorn? Or they do without them? Aka would people want ES with them?

Thank you to whoever gives me any info.

ES is one of the strongest classes on this patch easily. Mainly because tablets for 3rd class skills are really hard to get so very few people have them. While summoners get mage/warrior bane and pony for free.

You can level up to 68 or so by solo killing mobs. Summoners have endless mana when solo farming by resummoning pony. SPS is by far the slowest caster to level on this chronicle as it's very mana intensive.

ES ++ are:

• Best AoE for mass PvP
  • Top oly class
  • Best solo farm for new players that don't have buffers, as you can self recharge yourself and get basic buffs from pony.
  • Really obnoxious in world pvp as they can kite forever.

I'll just add a few notes to what Black said there:

• Aside from being great solo, ES is also very much required in parties - especially in early RB parties where you play a role of a healer with infinite mana
  • You haven't mentioned it in your post so just so you know - if you want to log in a second window, you need to have a premium account. That's either €10 or about 15 million adena a month.
  • If you were to go with SPS, I'd have probably gone with EE actually - since you can buy an Empower lv. 1 scrolls from fisher guildsman for like 20k, I believe you'd find e.g. Clarity much more useful - alongside with other defensive buffs, especially Resist Shock. Plus, if you really mean to rock'n'roll, at 76 you get PoWa which is conceived as a mage prophecy, while PoWi is exclusively a fighter prophecy (Prophecy of Water - Prophecy of Wind). But that's a really long way up if you mean to play solo :P
  • If you were to go with ES, I'm not sure if there's really a need for a second window. I mean by principle people play summoners because they want to be self-efficient, right? But if I were to pick one I'd probably go for PP, because for solo exp you'd really want to put on that Plated Leather with Bow/Blunt+Othell and hit with your summoners and that's where the buffs would come in handy (not sure if you noticed yet but here's a bit different SA system - there's this Othell's Rune, which can give you up to +375 crit rate on any weapon of your choice, so you can easily get 400+ crit rate with a blunt as well. link)
  • The drop/spoil list has changed but we don't have a relevant 2.0 database... Specifically the Porta I believe still is spoiling CunniLinguses but that's a weak sauce anyway - you really just want to get 50+ asap and then go spoiling Enrias in Enchanted Valley until you start having nightmares about Enrias. But if you really want to run a spoil then a second window SE is basically mandatory since without it you don't quite get the desired profits. That infinite mana plus Death Whisper when you have 400 crit rate just makes you sweat money in EV.

ES is really imba in all the ways. If u want something challenging, then ES is not. SPS is hard, sweat and tears. But fun as hell:)

But remember, it's classics, u will always be surprised here. I've been owned by freagging spoiler few times (they cancel buffs now).

i don't recommend sps without full support on your back and top equip (and castle preferably for circlet), even with that for every pvp will be needed to use ud\guard talics cause every bastard is rushing\chain pull you. Yes it has good burst damage but with 40% reflect sps will kill himself faster then some fat enemy dies if no CP regen from OL. It is a good controller tho - u frost+dagger all enemies on 900 distance, cancel and freeze shakle all bards and tanks who come to 600.

ES is the most popular class on oly, that's it.

go DA! we need more DA on server! make DA great again!

Edited by Anytime

yeah, i think we need more DAs as well, i met only 12 DAs from 20 matches last saturday, was kind of disapointed, expected more, maybe we can move it to last tier so everyone can reroll to them? what do you think @Anytime

56 minutes ago, MoDoy said:

yeah, i think we need more DAs as well, i met only 12 DAs from 20 matches last saturday, was kind of disapointed, expected more, maybe we can move it to last tier so everyone can reroll to them? what do you think @Anytime

Perfect - make poll ^^

Nah, not DA, Im not the biggest fan of playing a tank. If its good on oly so be it, Ill not get to oly for a very long time if ever. Not to mention the most important factor. DA is human. Human = dirty race. Ill not play dirty race!

11 hours ago, Reddish said:

ES is really imba in all the ways. If u want something challenging, then ES is not. SPS is hard, sweat and tears. But fun as hell:)

But remember, it's classics, u will always be surprised here. I've been owned by freagging spoiler few times (they cancel buffs now).

Spoiler killed you? You put a shame on your whole family!  Heh.. OK, if spoiler kills me Im dropping the whole thing and rolling it as main. TBH I'm not really looking for extra challenge, the rates here alone will be one. So I guess ES it will be, Im gonna slowly start and it will take some time till I get to 2nd class and do the transfer quests for the chars and will slowly start looking for clan. Thank you all for the tips and answers.

Edited by Lady_Zenith

Well, I guess spoiler can't kill ES (imma playing myself as a Pala, so I'm kinda getting killed by all the classes:D)
Welcome!

Yeah its going fine, made it to ES yesterday, 43 now, been going for lot of raids, today first time as healer, no real ES gampleay with summons so far cause till the old nukes work why not use them. Summon is just a mana bank for now. Biggest roadblock so far spellbook prices, the cubics and buffs for the buffpet I drag along. But yesterday I managed to drop two life cubic books under ivory so that presents at least some money.