Sign in to follow this  
Lady_Zenith

Client is not 100% stable / freezing

I would like to ask if someone else has this. I do not see people complaining, but my game client is not 100% stable.

Sometimes it just freezes and I have to kill it trough task manager. This used to never happen. The only crashes I remember ever having were the random critical erros on SOE in C4-IL clients in the past, but that's fixed, now this is something else. The client does not crash there is no error, it just freezes and I have to kill it with task manager. The moment it freezes it does so completely, it also stops communicating with the server and the chartacter disappears after some time. This is really annoying cause this may mean bad death to mob which may result in dropped gear.

Now, Iv noticed one thing, its macro related. I have the client on 3 computers and the one which is used just for selling or AFK fishing aka nothing is clicked there never crashed. The one where I play my main rarely crashes, usually 1-2 times a week but the one where I have buffpet and macro skills are often used crashes multiple times a day. Those are simple macros like target me,recharge me, target again. Or take my target, root it, fallow me again, Etc. I just keep pressing those for auto recharge and it randomly tends to crash the game once say approx 2 hours of use. Am I alone with this?

Nah Im a HW guy my computers are in 100% shape. the PC is 100% stable, the weird thing is that extensive macro usage seems to cause it way more often. Well Im gonna underclock things a little bit just for the test if you suggest it and see if anything changes.

Gah, the files are fine, Iv already tried running it over LAN loading the client from the main computer and the behavior/freeze rate did not chage. It also never crashes to give error, if it freezes it remains that with with 1 thread loaded on 100% until I kill it, it never crashes to any error state no matter how long I wait. Generally I do not expect file corruption when it runs fine with hundreds of people around and then freezes when performing macro that it did perform just fine 100x before. If there was file corruption it would crash instantly as it hits the bad data, not do it 100x fine and then randomly freeze which is what I have.

48 minutes ago, Lady_Zenith said:

Gah, the files are fine, Iv already tried running it over LAN loading the client from the main computer and the behavior/freeze rate did not chage. It also never crashes to give error, if it freezes it remains that with with 1 thread loaded on 100% until I kill it, it never crashes to any error state no matter how long I wait. Generally I do not expect file corruption when it runs fine with hundreds of people around and then freezes when performing macro that it did perform just fine 100x before. If there was file corruption it would crash instantly as it hits the bad data, not do it 100x fine and then randomly freeze which is what I have.

If you are a hw/sw cappable guy i suggest downloading http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/what_is_hang.html , it can analyze what process is hanging and often gives clues why.

5 hours ago, Lady_Zenith said:

Nah Im a HW guy my computers are in 100% shape. the PC is 100% stable

LoL.. but dont think so... Im not HW guy and i have no issue with any of my PC/Notebook where i installed l2classic club client...

it seems hardware problems... i had this problem time ago on another game (and problem was only with BF3) and the problem was on graphic card.

Fine, Im gonna throw in higher voltage to both CPU and RAM just in case and see if it has any impact. I just wanted to know if anyone has this as well and seems like not, so its my own problem and I guess my own fight from now on. That you all for answers.

Edited by Lady_Zenith