Sign in to follow this  
Pegasus

Academy System

Hi, from this post: 2.0 Preliminary patch notes
are you still going to add these feature or it was removed?

@San0

25) Academy System.

We think its more then time for academy to show up, we do not understand why ncsoft havent done it on classic yet, but we dont want to wait more.

Academy system will bring to us a lot of solutions for a lot of problems.

Clans will be able to have their lower ranks in the main clan without having to create multiple alt clans.

Lower level members will not have to be in empty boxes clans feeling alone and they will now have the chance to be in an active clan and chat with ppl, see the actions etc.

Clans will have access to some bonus CRPs and will be able to more precisely filter who they want to have in main clan or not cuz they can actually control those lower level players activity and actions.

New comers will be able to join an academy and found themselves in the possession of a clan buffer to make their life not so miserable when trying to reach the higher levels.

New comers can make friends easier without feeling like they are alone in the world while battling through those low levels. 

It all sounds like a marketing bullshit.

1) Main sides all have box clans even with clan halls where they can put academy if they want it.

2) "chat with ppl, see the actions etc" - all ppl always in TS in any ally, ppl have global voice commands and see actual online in TS.

3) "empty boxes clans feeling alone" - if main clan cares about new ppl - they will def them when its needed. TS whispering list or jumping to main CPs ts channel is used for that.

4) "Clans will have access to some bonus CRPs" - main clans can farm cpr also they have additional CRP from siedges+ heroes every month. Any active clan can make all clan skills in 1 week if they are not lazy.

5) "more precisely filter who they want to have in main clan or not cuz they can actually control those lower level players activity and actions" - how? And high lvls dont have time to babysit any low lvls, especially now - epics\mini epics\rb\baium quest\ toi pvps\ baium.

6) "New comers will be able to join an academy and found themselves in the possession of a clan buffer" - whaat?

Probably there are some valid arguments to push admins to make academy system (i dunno much about it) - but definitely not these you mentioned.

12 hours ago, kktnxbye said:

It all sounds like a marketing bullshit.

Probably there are some valid arguments to push admins to make academy system (i dunno much about it) - but definitely not these you mentioned.

I didn't made up any of this points, they are inside the post created by San0 more than one year ago

18 hours ago, Pegasus said:

Hi, from this post: 2.0 Preliminary patch notes

I just wanted to know what happened to this feature. @San0

36 minutes ago, Pegasus said:

I just wanted to know what happened to this feature. @San0

unexpected supply of bugs happened after update, so i dont think this feature is comming anytime soon. 

33 minutes ago, MoDoy said:

unexpected supply of bugs happened after update, so i dont think this feature is comming anytime soon. 

If ever. I think it could be good system for attracting more people to the server, because all the counter points made by @kktnxbye are aimed to big clans that have wars, sieges, heroes and various clan boxes. Maybe it could be a good incentive for people, to create clans here to play with friends, even if it is not a competitive pvp clan.

14 minutes ago, Pegasus said:

If ever. I think it could be good system for attracting more people to the server, because all the counter points made by @kktnxbye are aimed to big clans that have wars, sieges, heroes and various clan boxes. Maybe it could be a good incentive for people, to create clans here to play with friends, even if it is not a competitive pvp clan.

never said its bad idea, tbh i would love to see it, but honestly, there are so many bugs that are higher in priority and they have to start working on next update features, so there is no way this is getting implemented this year

11 hours ago, Pegasus said:

Nope. Points like CRP farm or TS usage are applicable to any clan. But I'm confused why some small PVE clan could be needed to have it's own academy. All PVE clans are basically academies in their nature. It's l2 - the game about pvp, politics, mass pvp. And it's always been like this. And classic is focussed on that cause of free box restrictions, cp system and aoe farm. Also, lets be honest, l2 server is alive till there is big war exists on the server. Big war is making server attractive, big sides spend a lot of COLs for PA, spend a lot of adena for events\sertificates or enchanting >>adena deflation>> increasing COL consumption>> money for admins. And big sides want different things - new content, bug fixes, events etc.

Why integrate some low lvl groups who cannot solve their own problems in the 1st place? They need to solve their problems for themselves or they will be perma head ache for main ally\clan.

I dont deny that there is some possible valid arguments to implement these academies. I simply dont know anything about it, I just point that these arguments you mentioned are pretty questionable.

On 16/6/2018 at 8:08 AM, kktnxbye said:

I dont deny that there is some possible valid arguments to implement these academies. I simply dont know anything about it, I just point that these arguments you mentioned are pretty questionable.

I will clarify the point of the post. I just quoted and old post made by San0 where academy was mentioned with those points in the OP. I wasn't argumenting why academy should be implemented, I just wanted to know what happened to academy and said it was a good feature. MoDoy gave a good clue of what could have happened to it. It was a plain question, no discussion intended.