Sign in to follow this  
beatdeath

Skill Confusion (archer)

Theres main problem with skill "Confusion" on my DE archer.

Confusion: "Throws enemy into confusion, changing their target of attack"

The point is:

when mob agro on u, and u throw Confusion on mob, he lose interest only for 0.5 sec then he run towards me again. It's not changing target to hit another mob (thats how it works on my Shaman) atm its doing nothig, just stop mob for 0,5 sec.

It is very important skill for archer saving his life. Because its his only skill to do such thing.

Ive got archer lvl 27 and shaman lvl 30.
On shaman confusion (Madness skill) chance is low, but works proper - stops mob from attack or makes him change target. (Shaman also saves his life thanks to sleep)
On archer confusion (Confusion skill) chance is a bit bigger, but is not working - not stopping mob from attack, not changing his target. (Archer has no other skill saving his life)

Tested on mobs same lvl (white) and lower lvl (green, gray)

I think there was a disscusion about this skills, months ago, and we had this conclusion: Skill confusion wil work if 2 or more players attacks same mob. So if u throw confusion mobs will start to attack other player. 

If im not right, gms replay :D

I think there was a disscusion about this skills, months ago, and we had this conclusion: Skill confusion wil work if 2 or more players attacks same mob. So if u throw confusion mobs will start to attack other player. 

If im not right, gms replay :D

​1st its not working as u said - atm

2nd its not the real point of what that skill is supposed to do. It suppose to stop mob from attack, if theres nothing around or stop mob from attacking u and start attacking other mob/player thats in range.
Its just the same thing as Shamans "Madness" but with higher chance. (Shamans madness is working, but at low chance - checked ive got shaman as i said)

i was hoping you guys would realise by yourselves there's nothing wrong with the skill as you did with the orc shaman skills but seems it didnt happen.

this skill does not work like madness skill, madness sents your enemy to attack random targets, confusion was meant to be simply a agro drop skill, lets say you are in a party killing big bad monsters and it agros on you, you can use this skill to drop agro and make it go to some other player.

after using the skill, if succeeded (chance is not so high) the monster passes a check phase where he stops, checks for targets, and then picks one. if you are the only agressive player towards him around, ofc he gonna agro on you again cus theres no one else to agro on.

So sorry to bring up a very old post back but confusion does nothing in pvp right? doesnt remove target or nothing like that?

Nope, on PVP it does not work, just PVE.

Madness skill reminds me of an old necro skill (curse discord):

Curse Discord (1) (spellbook)Active
Magical
3560032000Confuses an enemy to attack its ally.

That skill says "confuses an enemy to attack its ally", kinda the same as Madness:

Madness (1) (spellbook)Active
Magical
206002900Confuses the enemy into attacking random targets.

Meanwhile confusion skill from archers:

Confusion (5) (spellbook)Active
Magical
3560033000Throws the enemy into confusion and gets them to change the target of their attack.

Provokes a change of target, but if you are alone, you end up being THE ONLY TARGET.

Sign in to follow this