Server update information

How we should install server updates  

323 members have voted

1. 1. How we should install server updates

• №1 Update to 1.3, only after this update to 1.5
    • №2 Make updates by groups
    • №3 Update to 1.5, include 1.3

Dear friends!

We follow the updates from NCsoft and we promised you to make 2.0. But we are very cautious of these updates and we believe that they are not correct and bringing a great disbalance in the gameplay. For example, a scroll that will be available only for clans who own a castle, which increases experience and SP rate by 45%. Or again, for clans with castle, almost epic jewelry.

We don't think it's right to add these changes to our server, and dutifully follow updates from NCsoft. We want to go our own way, but all of you came to the Classic and this "our way" this should be considering your opinion.

Our main tasks we highlight in a few points:
1) The server must continue to be hardcore.
2) Skills and mechanics must continue to follow the Classic (except for very strange decisions as the transformation of the character giving stats).
3) Addition of new items shouldn't give an advantage to someone special.

The first important step on the way to update our server will be v. 1.5 update launch. We have resumed work on it after we solved one of the main problems with the groups. It is also possible to add to the Olympiad in 1.5, but has not yet decided what criteria needed to qualify for the Olympiad.

But again, the question arises as to produce an update. For this that poll was created. We see three options on how updates can be made:
1) Completing v.1.3 and installing it, then completing version 1.5 and installing it. Installing agreed with users.
2) Mixing 2 updates and putting them by subgroups.
  Example of subgroups:
   a) Opening of Aden.
   b) Adding zones in the city of Aden.
   c) Addition of Clan Halls in Aden.
   d) Addition of Aden Castle and it's siege.
And as soon as the subgroup is fully prepared and all the tests are completed - we are introducing changes to the server.
3) Creating a full update to 1.5, and releasing it after agreeing with the users.

Each option has its own "time to be done". For example, when choosing №1, wait until next update will take longer than №2, but faster than №3 etc.

Below we have written important aspects of the upgrade to 1.5 (All that is not included in this list is not unimportant. It means only that the changes are a subset of the global update and will be made according to how they are made at NCsoft).
On the left you see updates from NCsoft, on the right what will be added to the server.

1.3 Update

1. Castle sieges

1. “Seal of Light” / “Seal of Darkness”

2. 4 Castles: Gludio Castle, Dion Castle, Giran Castle and Oren Castle.

3. Experience is being lost as usual

4. Switching between sides after capturing

5. Pluses and minuses of Light and Darkness sides

6. Coins for Castle owners

2. New skills and books for them

3. Changes in old skills

4. New zones

5. Changes in old zones

6. Epic jewellery

7. Changed amount of used shots

8. Enchant scroll added to the shop

9. Sword of Paagrio added to the shop

10. New quests

11. Drop/Spoil/Adena amount

12. Other changes

13. Exp loss when dead changed from 10% to 4%

1. Castle sieges

1. “Seal of Light” / “Seal of Darkness”

2. 5 Castles: Gludio Castle, Dion Castle, Giran Castle and Oren Castle

3. No experience loss in the siege ground

4. Switching between sides after capturing

5. Pluses and minuses of Light and Darkness sides

6. Won't be added as well as all items connected with it.

3. Changes in old skills

4. New zones

5. Changes in old zones

6. Epic jewellery

1. Epic jewels levels

7. Changed amount of used shots

8. Won't be added

9. Sword of Paagrio added to the shop

10. New quests

11. Drop/Spoil/Adena amount as in v. 1.5

12. Not all other changes will be added.

13. Exp loss when dead changed from 10% to 4%

1.5 Update

1. New skills and books for them

2. Transformation skills

3. Changes in skills

4. B armor

1. 70% + 100% recipes

5. Dualsword Craft Stamp added

6. Changes in items

1. Levels for Epic jewels are added

7. New zones

8. Aden city is added

1. Was not in update

9. New Raid Bosses

10. New Aden zones

11. Changes in zones

1. Amount of monsters in starting locations decreased, their respawn time decreased

2. Decreased respawn time for monsters near: Gludio, Dion, Talking Island Village and Gludin.

12. New quests

1. New quest “Moon knight” for D grade armor

13. Enchant scroll fragments

14. Changes in quests

1. Increased experience for first class change

15. Increased experience in party

16. Changed the pose of the char with the sword

17. Clan skill changes

18. Interface changes

19. Other changes

1. Free teleports till level 40

1. Add Aden Castle Siege

3. Will be added but in different form and without stats

4. Changes in skills

5. B armor

1. Will have only 70% recipes.

6. Dualsword Craft Stamp added

7. Changes in items

1. Will be added with Epic jewelery

8. New zones

9. Aden city is added

1. Aden clan halls added

10. New Raid Bosses

11. New Aden zones

12. Changes in zones

1. Amount and respawn time will stay the same

2. Respawn time will stay the same.

13. New quests

1. Quest “Moon knight” for D grade armor won't be added

14. Enchant scroll fragments

15. Changes in quests

1. Won't be changed (experience on NCsoft = 50% on level 20.

16. Increased experience in party

17. Changed the pose of the char with the sword

18. Clan skill changes

19. Interface changes

20. Other changes

1. At this moment we don't see the need to do it

We also are working on the questions from this thread, and we believe that they are very important in creating a better and comfortable server, but we need your response.
The topic of the discussion: https://4gameforum.com/threads/534942/
Your comments and suggestions, based on this thread, you can leave here: 
http://l2classic.club/forum/index.php?/topic/7049-additional-updates-discussion/
If any of the positions will be approved by both you and us - it will be included in the final updates .

Edited by Koll
  • Like 6

First of all, thanks for your amazing work! Keep it up. This is an excellent server with a lot of potential, and I am extremely excited to see these updates.

I would vote for either 1.3 -> 1.5 or by groups. Going straight into 1.5 seems like it has the greatest chance of bugs happening. It also probably means we have to wait the longest of the 3 options for an update in content. A steady flow of content keeps current players interested and attracts prospective players.

Overall, most important aspects for me with regard to this poll is risk of bugs and steady flow of content. It seems like either doing 1.3 first and then doing 1.5 or just adding content by individual groups would be the most stable, and in either case we are getting a decent influx of content.

• Like 7

I think the number 2 is the best option, faster and the easier to you.

BTW, congrats.

​it still depends on how quick the dev team are, if it takes more 1,5-2 months to complete this whole big update, then its ok ,its acceptable, my friends used to dev a java source l2 and i was watching him working, its so fking complicated and it requires not only IT skill but game experiences, and i have to say 2 months is really fast working.

but on the other hand, if it takes more 3 or may be 4 or 5 months, nah, its just way too long, patience go down, player will leave server bit by bit, then update by groups is the better choice.

so, good luck to you guys and just 1 big question, just how quick you are? :D

DVP :) 

4. MELEE CLASSES IS PRACTICALLY UNPLAYEBLE
- Except Warlords and Tanks
- There are no catacombs – primordially comfortable locations for melee classes.
- Nerf Vampiric Rage
- Problems with mana in PVP, in addition to other problems.
SOLUTION: Making VR as it was before.
Decrease the mana cost for some melee skills. Allow making + MEN to fighters

do any of these updates increase the spellbook drop rate?

​Drop/spoil will be changed as it must be in 1.5, so if it was increased - yes.

I see only one correct  decision- use first tactic servers update. Cuz we can get a lot of bugs and it's too fast for new content. Server have to many peoples who can't play every day for 5 or more hours. This situation get disbalance to server and big clans or cp will dominate more and more... 

+ I think this server must avoid mistakes that ruoff (innova) made in earlier chronicle (started from gracia). Don't hurry! In the future it reflected badly on the server. It's 100% inf. And don't add transformation never! 

4 castle it's ok, don't need 5th. Big territory with online less then 3k don't need. Players must see each other. It's social game.

And for the future don't add solo or party instance zones, it's servers killers.

p.s I don't play on this server, but I know what u need, cuz this story has already been with innova, and I was eyewitness how that company destroyed his empire to means stupid acts.

With best wishes, soon join u :*

• Like 2

I suggest starting off with the 1.3 patch first.

Don't rush updates, we have all the time, and with 1.3 added new stuff will occur. & I rather having a full functioning 1.3 without any bugs then 1.5 with several bugs. 

Besides when I see the patchnotes, it seems like they are increasing experience also, free teleports till 40,

which makes eveything more easy again, makes no sense to me. once again dissapointed in the NCSOFT updates. It should stay Classic.

& adding enchant scrolls is indeed a joke.

• Like 3

only step by step. we don't need 1.5 update now, and we don't need it soon.

make EV, Alligator, sieges and 1st level epic jews. That's enough. (well i talk exacly about 1.3)

only step by step. we don't need 1.5 update now, and we don't need it soon.

make EV, Alligator, sieges and 1st level epic jews. That's enough. (well i talk exacly about 1.3)

​ur sooo right man.

1.3 is the point to go. not 1.5!

Whatever but not including eternal levelling with A grade crap in near future. And if you guys decided to put transformations without stats then, guys, what? I mean, at least make the cd's for them less and level for earning those are much more lower than official, but that's a bad idea anyway to not put it as it is in real Classic.

Whatever but not including eternal levelling with A grade crap in near future. And if you guys decided to put transformations without stats then, guys, what? I mean, at least make the cd's for them less and level for earning those are much more lower than official, but that's a bad idea anyway to not put it as it is in real Classic.

​Most of Classic community doesn't like it. Why we need to make it same as official?

• Like 3

​theres a couple of features from the newer updates on classic that drove the community into a oblivion of cries. mostly the transformations and the buffs scrolls/jewels from castles making the fights totaly unbalanced if you fight against a clan with castle using this scrolls/jewels.

As we said on the beginning, our updates will be based on official updates but taking in consideration the players feedback on those same updates. Some of this features had a terribly negative feedback so i dont see the point of adding something that the biggest part of the community doesnt enjoy. 

Edited by San0
  • Like 3

Perfect San0, this gonna be, if it is not yet, the best l2 server of all time! Congratulations for all the l2classic club team.